PDA

View Full Version : What is the strangest/funniest thing you have seen on course?

dc68
17th February 2012, 02:33 PM
I'll start... Playing the 8th today hit my drive down the left,big gum about 200 off the tee thought it was just sneaking past.
Get up there no ball, thickish rough so assumed it had nestled down, wandering around at about the 4m50s mark and a ball nearly
hits me on the scone , WTF where the hell did that come from!!! Hang on it's mine!

Some serious hang time right there... Strangest thing that has ever happened to me. (on course)

rubin
17th February 2012, 02:43 PM
standing on the 16th a few weeks ago - a par 5 - had to tee off over the top of 2 Kangaroos going at it about 20m in front of the tee box.

Putting out on an ambrose day, the group ahead of us rolled their cart over on the tee (f*** knows how though.)

dc68
17th February 2012, 03:22 PM
Nudgee?

BrisVegas
17th February 2012, 04:42 PM
golfer69. 2007 champs at Kooralbyn.

Yossarian
17th February 2012, 10:14 PM
Probably when ID managed to hit it into a 2cm wide metal pole and hitting a shot of -30m and almost killing himself as a result. This was after hitting a tree that turned a decent drive that was about 70m down the fairway into one that almost hit him in the head as it lobbed back to the tee box. Gold.

Dotty
17th February 2012, 10:47 PM
I was playing in a pro-am down at Shepparton, when a playing partner's brother drives a cart out to see us and ...
:)

I've seen a car reverse out of a driveway opposite the 4th tee and the throttle stuck. It went through the three-strand wire fence, between two trees, hook turn just in front of the tee, between two more trees and stopped in the fence.

Close second is a hosel rocket that went through the three-strand fence directly at a gold Porsche sitting in traffic, only to hit its rear tyre.

Merit certificate to the bloke chasing the umbrella for 200m at Lynwood last month and Benno hitting the coal train at Mt Broughton.

Daves
17th February 2012, 10:53 PM
Playing a charity day at a country course many years ago. A mate we called Tiny (6' 10", 300lbs), was playing. To the left of the first fairway, they had opened up the Septic pits to fix some issues. Tiny hit his ball in the general direction of the pits. Tiny wanders off toward the pits. Being somewhat uncoordinated and excitable, Tiny came ripping over the top of one of the mounds near the pits, realised too late and went in head first. A couple of hours and several showers later, he tee off for the 2nd time!

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2012, 11:24 PM
I saw Rubin tee off with a Nike that magically morphed into a Noodle by the end of the hole.

rubin
17th February 2012, 11:29 PM
I saw Rubin tee off with a Nike that magically morphed into a Noodle by the end of the hole.

No u didnt dickhead.

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2012, 11:34 PM
I witnessed it from a distance. I received 3 reports of it.

Similar to the Penta that morphed into a beat up Nike.

rubin
17th February 2012, 11:39 PM
I witnessed it from a distance. I received 3 reports of it.

Similar to the Penta that morphed into a beat up Nike.

Right.... And whats this about a penta?

markTHEblake
17th February 2012, 11:40 PM
a week ago my 3ft something playing partner ( he is 11 and short for his age) was seen about 100m behind us nervously remonstrating with two kangaroos much taller than him as they were obviously close to his ball and were not moving.

They must have looked like dinosaurs to the little tacker!

backintheswing
18th February 2012, 12:46 AM
Was watching the group ahead of us tee off on the 11th at Mackay last week. Bloke hit his driver along the ground off the blues. It cannoned into a white tee marker about 10 metres ahead then flew back at them over their heads with a massive curve that went straight across a 4 lane highway and about 50 meters up the driveway of the farm across the road. Was unbelievable to watch.

Webster
18th February 2012, 11:12 AM
Saw a bloke hit a horse between the eyes and knock it out.

Courty
18th February 2012, 03:15 PM

Solarman came very close to doing exactly this today. The scary thing is that the horse was in the back of a float being driven along the road past the club. :lol:

live4golf
18th February 2012, 03:26 PM
When I was a youngen, a mate's dad bought him a new Great Big Bertha (I think about $800 or so)...we were walking to the first tee, found a crappy ball on the way that my mate picked up, said 'check this out' and hit the ball into the bush. Unfortunately for my mate the ball hit the shaft about 2cm above the hosel and his driver head went flying into a spinifex bush. His dad was less than impressed, gave me ammo for about a year.

Lagerlover
18th February 2012, 03:35 PM
Solarman came very close to doing exactly this today. The scary thing is that the horse was in the back of a float being driven along the road past the club. :lol:

Well presented anecdote... 5 STARS

goughy
18th February 2012, 04:48 PM
I bladed one out of a bunker, out of the course, and punched a neat hole through the rear side glass of a station wagon driving at 60k down the road. Would you believe they returned my ball to me.

dave1
18th February 2012, 09:00 PM
playing with a bloke up north in geraldton - good mate but hes a hot head at the best of times

first tee off at about 6.20 am and hes sliced this drive that goes into the elephant country - there is deathly silence on the tee box - no one says a thing as he trudges to his bag to find a provi ball - then he he blurts out

"**** me Im having a bad day"...Im fallling on the ground laughing

after one shot!

Johnny Canuck
18th February 2012, 11:17 PM

IDGolfguy nailed a roo about month or so a go and still feels guilty about it.

"It stood there looking at me, nose bleeding, like it was asking 'why?'"

simmsy
18th February 2012, 11:21 PM
I was there with Yoss, it was one of those moments that was for an instant funny as buggery and then we saw the result and all just stood there not quiet knowing what we should do. IDG wanted to give it a hug.

Johnny Canuck
18th February 2012, 11:34 PM
I am still saddened by the thought that I might have had something to do with the "Ultra Duck".

TourFit
18th February 2012, 11:45 PM
I've a couple of good 'uns...

I hit a driver off the 2nd tee in Denmark. It runs parallel to the SW Highway leading into town. Anyway, it's wet and the whole frickin club comes sailing outta my hand, up over the trees on the left of the tee box and comes down in the middle of the highway after just missing a car's arse end by about 6"!

My boss at the time was waiting on the tee of the 12th at Burswood. He decides to hit an old ball into the Swan River behind us (totally the OPPOSITE direction from the hole)...but hits a massive slice into the middle of the Windan Bridge (6 lanes of traffic and a rail line down the middle!). It cleared the traffic heading into the city, and the rail line, bounced somewhere on the oncoming traffic side and then went OVER the bridge and into the Swan on the other side!

When I was 16, I broke my neck...and after some time in hospital and some rehab time I finally went back to playing golf. I would have been about 40kg or so (after losing so much weight after 14 weeks flat on my back), and my best mate & I were playing. I was wearing a hard neck collar, and he had broken his finger at cricket and had a protective sleeve on his busted digit. It was in Denmark again (Sth West WA) and was again, surprisingly, wet. His iron ended up in a tree...and lo & behold the bastard made ME climb up the damn thing to get it (after stating that he had a broken finger and couldn't climb!)

Don't know if this one is so funny, but we were chased by a VERY angry Tiger snake for about half a fairway or so! Lost the last inch or so of it's tail by a car on the SW highway adjacent to the 2nd green. It came careering down the embankment, disappeared into some long grass and then out of that and staright at us.

Yoss in that creek at Araluen was pretty funny. And the blackboy ...sorry, grass tree on the same day.

My ball came to rest in a hazard (more like a 3ft wide drainage ditch) right up against a Tiger snake, which I didn't really see at the time. I actually thought it was a small burnt branch or something...there was no yellow colour showing. I was just about to jump in and play my ball when my playing partner grabbed my arm at the last moment when he saw it MOVE!

I once saw an old bloke slam his FW into his bag after a topped shot. The grip end bounced on the base of the bag, came right out and smacked him directly on the chin. Dropped him on his arse like he'd been king hit. Up he came cursing and swearing and kicked the crap out of his bag 'til the whole lot went over on it's side!

TourFit
18th February 2012, 11:48 PM

Double post (don't know WTF happened)

backintheswing
18th February 2012, 11:57 PM
Last Saturday I played with this young gun off about 2 who was using a broomstick. He was killing it after 10 holes and was 2 under off the stick. Hits it real close on our 11th, then proceeds to 3 jab. Putter goes flying about 60 metres in the air but doesn't break. Then the next hole another missed putt and it gets thrown again. Three jabs the next and then the broomy gets broken over his knee. **** it was funny. I am not sure if the broomy shafts are thicker, but gee it took some work to break it. He putted with a wedge the rest of the round and shot 34 - 46. He has burrowed my son's itsy bitsy spider for this weekend so hopefully it comes back in one piece.

Golfnut
19th February 2012, 01:39 AM
I've a couple of good 'uns...I hit a driver off the 2nd tee in Denmark. It runs parallel to the SW Highway leading into town. Anyway, it's wet and the whole frickin club comes sailing outta my hand, up over the trees on the left of the tee box and comes down in the middle of the highway after just missing a car's arse end by about 6"!My boss at the time was waiting on the tee of the 12th at Burswood. He decides to hit an old ball into the Swan River behind us (totally the OPPOSITE direction from the hole)...but hits a massive slice into the middle of the Windan Bridge (6 lanes of traffic and a rail line down the middle!). It cleared the traffic heading into the city, and the rail line, bounced somewhere on the oncoming traffic side and then went OVER the bridge and into the Swan on the other side!When I was 16, I broke my neck...and after some time in hospital and some rehab time I finally went back to playing golf. I would have been about 40kg or so (after losing so much weight after 14 weeks flat on my back), and my best mate & I were playing. I was wearing a hard neck collar, and he had broken his finger at cricket and had a protective sleeve on his busted digit. It was in Denmark again (Sth West WA) and was again, surprisingly, wet. His iron ended up in a tree...and lo & behold the bastard made ME climb up the damn thing to get it (after stating that he had a broken finger and couldn't climb!)Don't know if this one is so funny, but we were chased by a VERY angry Tiger snake for about half a fairway or so! Lost the last inch or so of it's tail by a car on the SW highway adjacent to the 2nd green. It came careering down the embankment, disappeared into some long grass and then out of that and staright at us.Yoss in that creek at Araluen was pretty funny. And the blackboy ...sorry, grass tree on the same day.My ball came to rest in a hazard (more like a 3ft wide drainage ditch) right up against a Tiger snake, which I didn't really see at the time. I actually thought it was a small burnt branch or something...there was no yellow colour showing. I was just about to jump in and play my ball when my playing partner grabbed my arm at the last moment when he saw it MOVE! I once saw an old bloke slam his FW into his bag after a topped shot. The grip end bounced on the base of the bag, came right out and smacked him directly on the chin. Dropped him on his arse like he'd been king hit. Up he came cursing and swearing and kicked the crap out of his bag 'til the whole lot went over on it's side! What... After all that and nothing strange happen at Carnoustie?

rubin
19th February 2012, 01:40 AM
What... After all that and nothing strange happen at Carnoustie?

U mean that he was allowed wasnt strange enough?

BrettM
19th February 2012, 08:11 AM
I was having a few practice swings outside of the clubhouse at Gordonvale one day when the club slipped out of my hands smashing a second floor window at the bar before lodging itself in the roof by the grip. Wasn't even my club either.

Lagerlover
19th February 2012, 08:23 AM
I was having a few practice swings outside of the clubhouse at Gordonvale one day when the club slipped out of my hands smashing a second floor window at the bar before lodging itself in the roof by the grip. Wasn't even my club either. If it wasn't your club Brett, you've got nothing to worry about

shavey
19th February 2012, 10:02 AM
Funniest thing I've heard was in a round yesterday at Robina Woods. Poor kid trying his hardest to learn the trombome.. thinking his parents must be deaf as that's the second week I've heard him and he's getting worse!

Dotty
19th February 2012, 03:13 PM
Grunt playing the 18th at Wallacia.

Tee shot goes high, right and directly at a hawk sitting at the top of a dead gum. Hawk dives out of its way and does a big circle, to return to its favourite branch, after the ball had passed.

Second shot hooked into the clubhouse, but I can't remember whether it stayed on the verandah or actually went through the open doors.

Lagerlover
19th February 2012, 03:47 PM
Funniest thing I've heard was in a round yesterday at Robina Woods. Poor kid trying his hardest to learn the trombome.. thinking his parents must be deaf as that's the second week I've heard him and he's getting worse!

Gold Shavey... Helen Keller scolarship recipient.

Trumpet/trombone/trombome his majors

That "here comes the crescendo" line from you, was the ultimate