PDA

View Full Version : I've had a idea for a iphone app, what next

Chris32
17th February 2012, 12:18 PM
Basically, i've had a really cool idea for a iphone/android app

I'm in the print/design industry and I reckon it would be a real time and money saver

But I have no idea what to do or where to go next! I don't want to give away to much info incase my idea's get pinched, which leads me to my next question, how can I control this?

Any thoughts or idea's would be great!

timah!
17th February 2012, 12:20 PM
Apple developers kit,
Hire a 15 y/o...

Roll in $$

:lol:

markTHEblake
17th February 2012, 02:23 PM
Plenty of broke programmers on Ozgolf that might take up the job.

If not am sure they would give some hints on the types of NDA required.

Golfnut
17th February 2012, 03:06 PM
Chris I have a good mate who now lives in Singapore who does exactly what you're after. From what I understand, he is almost like a broker but is heavily involved in the development of apps. Like a middle man between the tech head and the guy with the idea.

poidda
17th February 2012, 03:23 PM

Really? What's your definition of broke and what's your definition or programmer? I don't know too many competent programmers who are broke.

Chris32
17th February 2012, 03:24 PM
Golfnut, I am able to get in touch with him?

Golfnut
19th February 2012, 05:17 PM
Chris, I sent him a message via facebook last night and he replied......PM me your contact details so i can pass onto him and he'll contact you.

kpac
20th February 2012, 09:33 AM
Had the same thought about 6 months ago. Great idea but couldn't really figure how to get it in the market and make the $$. Talked to a couple of people that had launched apps before, and if it was to be done as a proper business attempt, we were forecasting and investment of around $40k to give it a decent crack. Sounded a lot at the time, and the 2 other guys kind got a bit over it. I thought an outlay of 10-15k in a 3way business wasn't the worst idea personally. But would never do it if the commitment from the partners wasn't there.
The other options is to sell the idea to a decent programmer for a profit share arrangement. Which would seriously cut your overheads, but from reports it can also affect the result.
In the end it went nowhere. However the other guy that was in on the idea showed me a similar app a couple of months ago :( still think our idea was better.

But it depends what you're trying to do with the apps i guess. We had the idea of launching it to try and make a fortune, buy some decent advertising in magazines and online to sprook it etc. Where some people get it in the marketplace differently, and far cheaper, hoping the eventually popularity will lead to $$.

Bruce
20th February 2012, 10:21 AM
freelancer.com

markTHEblake
20th February 2012, 02:38 PM
Really? Not really! But definitely there seems to be enough skills collectively at Ozgolf for any project whatsoever. We can even build golf courses.But I do hear that PUSMOP employees are overworked and underpaid. :-)

UnexplainedWays
23rd February 2012, 11:21 AM

I quit my job last year and live on the course and the beach, it's amazing how your game and tan improves!

TourFit
23rd February 2012, 04:39 PM
I quit my job last year and live on the course and the beach, it's amazing how your game and tan improves!

BASTARD!

Rub it in, why don't you!!!