PDA

View Full Version : Brigestone J36 iron problems

backintheswing
15th February 2012, 07:33 PM
This is long-winded but bear with me.

LukeMc bought some funny combo J36 set off Golf Locker via Ebay. It was blades 3-6, Pocket Cavs 7, Cavity 8, Blades 9 & Pw.

I had a set Pocket Cavity 4-5 and blades 6-Pw.

We arranged to swap the 4 & 5 irons and I would pull the shafts and re-shaft. He also purchased a pocket cavity 6 iron from ebay.

I pulled the shafts yesterday and went to glue them today. Nothing fits. His blade heads that he got off Golf Locker are .370 heads. His shafts don't even look like fitting my heads which are definitely .355.

My real Nippon shafts swim around in his blade heads, so they are definitely .370.

I am assuming his heads are either fake (I doubt it) or .370 for an Asian market, as they have Precept grips on them and the shafts are labelled Precept Nippon shafts.

I have never heard of .370 J36 heads and can't find anything via Google either.

So what does everyone think?

3oneday
15th February 2012, 07:48 PM
They're factory leftovers I reckon, maybe they are seconds ?

backintheswing
15th February 2012, 08:37 PM
Would leftovers or seconds be a different hosel size though?

Yossarian
15th February 2012, 09:25 PM
That is really weird! Must be some JDM only thing?

backintheswing
15th February 2012, 09:33 PM
That is really weird! Must be some JDM only thing?

Thats the only thing I could think of as well.

goonie
15th February 2012, 10:32 PM
Could be fakes, I saw another set of fakes recently that were .370 instead of .355

backintheswing
15th February 2012, 10:38 PM
Could be fakes, I saw another set of fakes recently that were .370 instead of .355

OK. Thanks for that. Did you notice what shafts were in them or where you saw them. Could be bad for the Golf Locker if they do turn out to be fakes.

goonie
15th February 2012, 10:59 PM
OK. Thanks for that. Did you notice what shafts were in them or where you saw them. Could be bad for the Golf Locker if they do turn out to be fakes.

They had fake kbs shafts in them, you could see the s

goonie
15th February 2012, 11:00 PM

They had fake kbs shafts in them, you could see the seams running along the shafts. The clubs were latest TM MB TP's

Daves
16th February 2012, 09:27 AM
They had fake kbs shafts in them, you could see the seams running along the shafts. The clubs were latest TM MB TP's

Were they (the shafts) that obvious?!

BIS, does sound suss, but you never know with Japanese related stuff. I bought a set of GC Mids off the same seller and they are parallels, but that is how Bridgestone made them.

I would suggest as a 1st step, an email to Golf Locker and copy to Bridgestone Golf asking the question about why there are parallels in these irons.

backintheswing
16th February 2012, 02:08 PM
Were they (the shafts) that obvious?!

BIS, does sound suss, but you never know with Japanese related stuff. I bought a set of GC Mids off the same seller and they are parallels, but that is how Bridgestone made them.

I would suggest as a 1st step, an email to Golf Locker and copy to Bridgestone Golf asking the question about why there are parallels in these irons.

Yeah I think that is what LukeMc will be doing.

lukemc
16th February 2012, 02:48 PM
Dave's did you confirm with Bridgestone that they made them in 370? I'll be trying to contact them Monday when I get home from Canberra

Daves
16th February 2012, 02:50 PM
Dave's did you confirm with Bridgestone that they made them in 370? I'll be trying to contact them Monday when I get home from Canberra

Not directly Luke, I just looked it up;

http://www.golfworks.com/article.asp_Q_ai_E_376

lukemc
16th February 2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks! Doesn't bode well for mine!

Daves
16th February 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks! Doesn't bode well for mine!G

Good luck with it Luke. Forgot to mention that mine came in all the original packaging and in the original Bridgestone Golf box. All Bridgestone branding, no mention of Precept.

lukemc
16th February 2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks mate. Yeah mine did too. I'm wondering if it's possible they bored the hosel out to take the bigger shafts (dunno If that's even possible!)?

lukemc
17th February 2012, 06:33 PM
I rang golf locker today. They advised that Bridgestone bored out the heads to take leftover shafts

backintheswing
17th February 2012, 06:35 PM
Well I have never heard of that before, but they have definitely been bored out. Let me know what you want to do with the clubs Luke.

lukemc
11th March 2012, 09:03 PM
bumping this back up to explain more weirdness with the irons!

Clubfitter has my 6 iron head to bore out so he can fit the nippon precept shaft that backintheswing pulled from the blade head. Decides to frequency test (not sure if this is the right wording) set and lets me know they are playing at XX flex........ stiffer than extra stiff.......WTF

He reckons Bridgestone/whoever fit the shafts just measured the intended length and cut them off at the tip, leaving the butt section alone, hence stiffening them up to a point where they are waaaaaay too stiff for me.....

My bargain is looking less and less!!

Shame i left feedback for golflocker before finding out all these issues with the irons.

Ah well, now chasing a set of reg flex shafts for them.