PDA

View Full Version : week commencing 22nd August 2005

Jarro
23rd August 2005, 02:31 PM
32 points at Virginia.

Hit the ball really well today, i don't think i duffed an iron shot all day ..... very happy with the ballstriking.

Driver behaved for the most part ...... just could'nt chip and putt to save my life  :oops: missed 4 birdie putts from inside 10 feet today.

i know where i have to spend time in the future.

7 f/ways
6 G.I.R's
34 putts

AndyP
24th August 2005, 04:17 PM
22/08/2005, Moonah Links Open Course, Social Round.

Wiped the two warmup/green adjustment holes ;), then played pretty solid. Putting was pretty good considering the difficulty (sometimes a three putt is acceptable), and hit some nice drives.

Would've been nice to take one birdie away from the course, but I couldn't quite get those putts, when I had the chance.
Only found one bunker, and didn't lose a ball for the round. Hoorah!

Decided not to keep stats for social rounds anymore.

5 pars.
9 bogeys.
5 doubles.
Score 45-44-89 nett 77, 31 points. (Par 36-36-72, ACR (White) 72)

Flowergirl
25th August 2005, 09:26 AM
As i reported on the thread - a dismal 21 points at Moonah Links :oops:

Played par yesterday. -3 at the turn and square on the back - at least I came good at the end. The -3 was a bit cruel cos 2 of these holes were a tap in away for a half and the other one - well we just won't talk about that one!!! :lol:

Funny - my golf at the moment is not good at all - but I'm enjoying playing more than ever. Maybe I need to get nasty again :twisted:

McMw
25th August 2005, 10:09 AM
played league match last night...
finished 2 over - but team lost 3/2 on the 7th hole...

cazandpaul
25th August 2005, 10:48 AM
4BBB - 40 points :oops: - had 35 myself so the combining wasn't great.

Onewood
25th August 2005, 09:53 PM
4BBB - 40 points :oops:  - had 35 myself so the combining wasn't great.
Could'nt have been Caz as your partner then :D

McMw
25th August 2005, 10:26 PM
finally...a good round...
3 birds against 2 bogeys and 4 pars for the 9...
silly bogeys too... :lol:

Grunt
26th August 2005, 11:24 AM
Had one of those very bad days :cry: , the first time I have ever walked off after nine holes. I was almost unable to hit the ball I was playing that bad. I felt bad walking off but it just was not getting any better the longer I played. With the monthly medal tomorrow I felt that if I walk away and have a non golf afternoon, it might just be a bad day with planets in the wrong line or something. :oops:

So I am going to relax and do some work around the house and go back tomorrow morning all refreshed, get my game back on track and get back to my goal handicap of 18. :)

AndyP
26th August 2005, 03:33 PM
26/08/2005, Nyah GC, Social Round.

Pretty woeful round at a country course near Swan Hill today. Then just when I thought I had found my groove, a nice triple boge comes along on the last.
At least I got a birdie to show for my troubles. And the experience of playing a practically empty course and using an honesty box to pay my fees.

Score 50-42-92 nett 80 (Par 37-34-71, ACR 68.5)

andylo
26th August 2005, 03:54 PM
......using an honesty box to pay my fees.

That still exists!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

AndyP
27th August 2005, 10:04 AM
......using an honesty box to pay my fees.

That still exists!!!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
In the country, yes. There were only about 5 people on the whole course, not including the greenkeeper, so you could hardly justify having someone manning the clubhouse.

Fishman Dan
27th August 2005, 03:49 PM
Had 38 points in a sponsored 4BBB today. Played with an old bloke who has a brain tumor. Evenly contributed to the card, but let ourselves down with 2 1's and a tired wipe on the last.

Winner will be around 46 by the looks of the scores in before i'd left.

Can we put together a class action against the Australian cricket team? They've ruined golf for me, making me stay up too late watching them be crap.

Pinglauncher
27th August 2005, 03:53 PM
38 points today. Drove and putted very well but the irons were misbehaving a bit. Lots of scrambling.

Still chipping away slowly at the handicap. Almost back down to 14 and still hoping for 12 by Xmas.

sominc
27th August 2005, 05:19 PM
had 39 points again today, front nine was 22 points but lost it again on the back with a 17 :wink: putted chipped and iron play was good, but the driver was not in top form all day :evil: hadicap should come down again :D cant complain.

McMw
28th August 2005, 12:08 AM
played in a comp at Eastwood this arvo...
shot 80 with a 7 on a par4, and bogey-bogey finish... :(
came in 3rd gross, and to think that first place was a 78... :( and he won 1500rm too (I only took home 600rm)... what could/should have been!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

anyway, our contingent won the cup, thanks to 10under nett score from the nett champ...so since my score contributed towards the top10 team score, another 200 bucks into my pocket... :D

Grunt
28th August 2005, 06:20 AM
Played 2 rounds yesterday with the monthly medal and then the 1st round of the club matchplay.

The medal round was full of mistakes on the front nine for a grand total of 60. I was shocking !!!! Came back on the back nine to shoot 45 with better play :) Even had a birdie :lol: 105 gross for an 80 nett :oops:

As soon as I finished it was off to the first tee to start my match play. I was playing a 17 marker so he was giving me a shot on every second hole thru to 16. I was striking the ball so well. I ended up winning 3 & 1 to go thru to play a 4 marker in the next round. He was blowing up last night as he has to give me 21 shots.

Hopefully will keep up the match play winning :wink:

oz
28th August 2005, 07:10 AM
Played a 27 hole event yesterday.  First 18 was woeful.  Too many 3 putts, and an a$$load of doubles.  84 (nett 78 ).  The last 9 was better, although I had a relapse on the 17th for an ugly, ugly triple.  I made my 2 best swings of the day on 18 (driver - 9 iron) and made birdie from 3 ft.  :roll:   Posted 39 (nett 36) for the last 9.

When I finally found a rhythm, I hit some very nice golf shots, but there was a whole bunch of crap in between.....

Eag's
28th August 2005, 03:06 PM
Played Windaroo yesterday from the back tees.
Shot 91
4 Greens :oops:
9 Fairways
33 Putts (3 3putts :evil: )
Feel like I am swinging it well at the moment, a good round is only round the corner :wink:

BrisVegas
28th August 2005, 07:29 PM
Also played Windaroo yesterday.... 90 gross, 83 nett.

7 fairways
7 GIR
36 putts

7 x penalties, including 6 lost balls.... The driver was all over the shop. Hit the ball great 50% of the time... :lol: :roll:

McMw
28th August 2005, 09:07 PM
77 this afternoon in near perfect condition - so that was a waste!!! :evil:
had 3 penalties in that 77...iron play was great at the start - fell apart towards from the 12th onwards... :roll: :roll: :roll:

peter_rs
29th August 2005, 09:55 AM
Played Bribie on sunday (hackers day) that is one long course without a driver-current being reshafted by ROC(if he every gets the shaft in :wink: :lol: :oops: ).

The G2 5 wood got a work out. I all most won the long drive with a high hooking ball down 18- 250m- but got done by the last group. It was a fun day- hit the fairway then missed the green- miss the fairway hit the green. Had some great bunker shots but left a lot of shots out there using the wrong irons into greens due to wind and missing a few putts too. High light 14th 164m (par 3) 5 iron to 4m and the 16 140m (par3) PW to 5m. Low light 5 shots to get out of the back bunker on 18. results 78, shazza 83. A testing but fun day.

The other low light of the weekend was when a truck decided the back of my car would look better on it. ](*,) Shazza and me are ok but the car is another story- no clubs were broken so thats a good thing.

amanda
29th August 2005, 12:02 PM
L'Oreal Day at my club with beauty prizes up for grabs (mainly anti-wrinkle creams :lol: )

Was a par event and I came home square - my 2B partner had +9 :shock: her 45 handicap is now 36 - it was a great day! We also had +14 in the 2B to bring home the win on a countback (we had +9 on the back 9) :D

andylo
29th August 2005, 12:39 PM
My achievement of the week... I sucessfully controlled my temper :roll: :oops: :lol:

In the game of Windaroo the course was Ok and the company is good (how wrong it can be with G69) but my game is TOTALLY disaster... well it's not the 1st time anyway.

Seriously I would have walk home already after I manage to hit the very top of a dead tree on the 4th hole I played (a par 5) and then everything turn from (already) down hill to hell.

Just plain stuborn of self told me not to do stupid things to get DQed or DNF and here I go... I finished the game with sick result! :roll:

What the hell, at least I still able to laugh a bit in the club house ;)

Flowergirl
29th August 2005, 01:22 PM
Had a lesson on Saturday - back on track - hopefully. Main problem was a closed club face at the top - no wonder I've been pulling them so badly. Played nine holes on Saturday and again on Sunday. both days scored a 46 - and happy with how I hit them. Best of all though weas John's( husband) return to some form. He was hitting them with confidence and hitting them well. :D

Well done Amanda on your "square". With par a "square" is always good. Did you win any of that anti ageing cream? - I could do with a few quarts!! :D

amanda
29th August 2005, 02:30 PM
Well done Amanda on your "square". With par a "square" is always good. Did you win any of that anti ageing cream? - I could do with a few quarts!! :D
Unfortunately not - prizes went down to +1 - so close! I tend to give away those creams to my mum & mum-in-law for mother's day presents when I do manage to win them! I reckon simple moisturiser does the same thing anyway.

Flowergirl
29th August 2005, 03:28 PM
Mandy..you wait till you get as old as me - then you'll cling to any hope you can!!! :D Only joking - most of the expensive stuff is the same as the cheap stuff - just fancy boxes. :D

Grunt
31st August 2005, 05:52 PM
Have just found out that my NTP on saturday was knocked off :cry: 27cm and you would have thought there is a ball.

Oh well, guess after it hits the pin next time I have to get it to stop closer or just do the right thing and drop in.

McMw
1st September 2005, 07:32 PM
Played Eastwood again - some pics below of the course...
Didn't take too much of the course, but I'm sure I'll be back there soon enough - will post in the appropriate forum...

Was too busy keeping pace with the KID...
not bad for his first time playing the course - opens with a 9 (par5), and still shoots 78 (6over) to beat my 79 - embarassing!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
He won Gross and I came in second - we were the only 2 to break 80 for the 53 players that went to play...

I think I was too helpful to him...should have kept quiet on most of the holes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jean took home winner for the ladies contingent with nett 77 or 78...

Kid abt to block one to the right on the 11th (our 2nd)!!! :lol:
Par5 10th in the background...
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7365/picture0045jv.jpg

Another mate hitting into the 13th - 162mtr par3...
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/3812/picture0087dt.jpg

Kid hitting 2nd shot into Par5 18th...
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1512/picture0097ny.jpg

Kid hitting 2nd shot into par4 418mtr 9th - he didn't know there was a bunker middle of the green, on the left - hit his 5 iron right over it, ended in the back fringe and chips close for his 78 and the win...
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2213/picture0110wf.jpg