PDA

View Full Version : SA: Fri 10th/Sat11th Feb

catch22
6th February 2012, 02:47 PM
Short notice but i'm coming up to Adelaide this weekend, was wondering if anyone was keen for a hit with a country bumpkin on Friday or Saturday (or maybe early Sunday).
Havent really played any courses in Adelaide except for Regency (9 holes), Gawler and Kapunda so keen to experience some more!

nadg63
7th February 2012, 05:19 PM
Short notice but i'm coming up to Adelaide this weekend, was wondering if anyone was keen for a hit with a country bumpkin on Friday or Saturday (or maybe early Sunday).
Havent really played any courses in Adelaide except for Regency (9 holes), Gawler and Kapunda so keen to experience some more!

If you fancy it we have a hit late-ish on a Friday afternoon at The Vines, as long as it's not raining! Normally tee off approx 4.30pm!

catch22
7th February 2012, 06:33 PM
If you fancy it we have a hit late-ish on a Friday afternoon at The Vines, as long as it's not raining! Normally tee off approx 4.30pm!
Cheers nadg, sounds great - will check with the wife when she gets home to see if it suits the schedule (staying at Gawler so question of timing). Do you play 9 or 18 at 4:30?

nadg63
7th February 2012, 07:10 PM
Cheers nadg, sounds great - will check with the wife when she gets home to see if it suits the schedule (staying at Gawler so question of timing). Do you play 9 or 18 at 4:30?

Normally just the 9.

timinsa
7th February 2012, 08:22 PM
I'm playing RA with Dr Hook from Iseek fame on Fri at 11:30ish.

catch22
7th February 2012, 08:32 PM
timinsa .. any chance I could tag along please? 11:30 would probably suit better since we have to be in the city during the day anyway and I wouldnt have to drive to Gawler and back to drop off the wife/kids.

timinsa
7th February 2012, 09:34 PM
I'll check with the boys in the pro shop to see if I can drag 2 guests on in the am. Let you know tomorrow.

catch22
7th February 2012, 09:41 PM
I'll check with the boys in the pro shop to see if I can drag 2 guests on in the am. Let you know tomorrow.
OK thanks!

Nadg - Thanks heaps for the offer mate but just checked with the Mrs and the appointment in the city is at 2, so it would be too tight to go from there at 3ish back to gawler, then back to the vines in time for 4:30. Would love to have a hit next time though!

Thanks,
Pete

timinsa
7th February 2012, 10:10 PM
You'll need 4 hours up your sleeve just for the round at RA.

catch22
8th February 2012, 06:38 AM
4 hours is no problem, I dont need to be at appt so should work out nicely for finish and heading back to gawler

Daggs
8th February 2012, 06:43 AM
You'll need 4 hours up your sleeve just for the round at RA.

Thats if you keep it on the short stuff :).

nadg63
8th February 2012, 07:30 PM
4 hours is no problem, I dont need to be at appt so should work out nicely for finish and heading back to gawler

Enjoy your game at RA, can tell you it plays a lot harder than it looks!

catch22
8th February 2012, 07:47 PM
Enjoy your game at RA, can tell you it plays a lot harder than it looks!
Cheers nadg, daggs - not sure if I can get on yet though, timinsa is checking I think. None of my mates have played RA yet, would be awesome to get a guernsey and tell them all about it!

catch22
9th February 2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks heaps Tim, looking forward to tomorrow! (hopefully I hit straightish and get < 100!)

jasonb
9th February 2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks heaps Tim, looking forward to tomorrow! (hopefully I hit straightish and get < 100!)

Depends if Tim gives you the right lines - there is a couple of blind tee shots on par 4's that are a little tricky! - looking at your GL you are in a purple patch - enjoy RA! I am jealous , would love to play there again

nadg63
10th February 2012, 06:24 PM
Hope you guys didn't get too much rain to spoil your day at RA!

timinsa
11th February 2012, 07:45 AM
It sprinkled on the 12th tee for about a minute apart from that it was dry. Only .4 mm rain at the airport yesterday compared with 7mm in town.
Great day. No one lost a ball. I think I had 12 putts on the front. Followed by 19 on the back. Must remember to eat before playing.

Flavzz
11th February 2012, 09:13 AM
Did the Nike driver get a run? Nice putting on front!

catch22
12th February 2012, 03:19 PM
It sprinkled on the 12th tee for about a minute apart from that it was dry. Only .4 mm rain at the airport yesterday compared with 7mm in town.
Great day. No one lost a ball. I think I had 12 putts on the front. Followed by 19 on the back. Must remember to eat before playing.
Had an awesome day, Tim is a great host .... given the history of the place I was half expecting old bearded guys in tuxedos and top hats but it seemed very relaxed and casual (and not crowded at all). Unfortunately I had just a few problems getting used to the greens - managed to get myself into some good positions off the tee only to hit the green and go over the back ... then hit the ball and watch it roll back down again a few times!
Managed to get 2 pars at least, and the course was fantastic and a pleasure to play despite reaching the ton ... (103).

Favourite holes would have to be the par 3 7th with the awesome looking bunkers (which I managed to avoid!), and the 11th with the blind tee shot and the sandy area in the middle of the hole (which I managed to shank it into after a good first shot). The most interesting was the 17th with a massively wide fairway, followed by a challenging green with the flag on a kind of mound in the middle and sloping heavily off in 3-4 directions ... yep I wiped that one after being within 10m of the flag for 2.

Anyway, thanks heaps Tim for a great day, and if you are ever want a hit in Whyalla let me know!