PDA

View Full Version : does a HIO at pitch and putt count....i dunno...

macleod
22nd August 2005, 12:48 PM
in my continuing dreary back saga i decided to get out to corinda pitch and putt with the wife, too nice a day yesterday and sod the consequences at this stage of recovery...beats walking and stretching, heat bags all the time..

on the 10th hole i scored a hole in one....although honestly on a pitch and putt i don't think it counts in 'real golf' terms but was nice to see go in anyway. front right, just landed on, hopped right and rolled on in.

i'd perhaps equate to a really hard chip-in on-course at best, discuss at leisure..thought i'd add the topic just to let people kick it around.

funnily enough another guy had scored one as well on sunday at the 10th in the PnP comp...so it's mustn't be too hard eh? i assumed the Dwyer were on some board round the place listing the numbers of HIO they've had!  ps. corinda PnP missed you guys badly...

lyndal had fun and she's a scarily good putter, bining a number of no look putts from the fringes. once she learns that lowcut tops should be de rigueur on course i'll bring her out more.....maybe at sandgate gc or something first.

will try to get out in next month for real golf and see how it goes..need push buggy now though...no offers thanks.

amanda
22nd August 2005, 12:51 PM
macleod - how long was the hole?

Jarro
22nd August 2005, 12:56 PM
gotta be over 100 meters to count i think Macca ..... but well done anyway :wink:

macleod
22nd August 2005, 03:06 PM
gotta be over 100 meters to count i think Macca ..... but well done anyway  :wink:

that's what i figured....it was a creamy downhill 40m i think...tough crowd of yobs around, breeze in the face, pin cut close front, rockhard green, wife watching on.....what a killer of a shot...

Fishman Dan
22nd August 2005, 04:21 PM
Not to mention a crook back..... :wink:

macleod
22nd August 2005, 04:59 PM
Not to mention a crook back..... :wink:

was worth the time in the sun, was keeping everything smooth as to alleviate any problems......

i.d try and make a reappearance in the ranks as the token pseudo-cripple of the week, but i have a date with cheap mooloolaba accomodation and body surfing this weekend.....

Courty
22nd August 2005, 06:16 PM
i have a date with cheap mooloolaba accomodation and body surfing this weekend.....

... and that's gotta be good for tha back too, right?  :roll:  :wink:

PS. Sainsbury's Jelly Babies ROCK! :smt023

macleod
22nd August 2005, 06:59 PM
i have a date with cheap mooloolaba accomodation and body surfing this weekend.....

... and that's gotta be good for tha back too, right? :roll: :wink:

PS. Sainsbury's Jelly Babies ROCK! :smt023

glad to see u liked to recommendation, cheaper than bassett's and all the flavour....the ones i can source over here are old and crusty :(

this country doesn't know shite when it comes to candy...

the swimming generally is the best bet for me at the moment for rehab and movement, takes the load off my spine heaps but local pools aren't filled up yet...and i don't want to go with all-year-round heateds..none near me that aren't in gyms.

loolaba is my dream place aside from kirra for body surfing, hope there's some nice slows swells on satday/sunday. take some nice belgians/czech pilsner and a rauchbier up...post-everything chill

macleod
22nd August 2005, 07:04 PM
this country doesn't know s#$% when it comes to candy...
l

hey, what with all those jarns, nittles, grawlix and quimps when i try to type s.h.i.t.e. ????

didn't think it was a truly bad word....more a humourous interpretation...like "****in'"

merde!

markTHEblake
22nd August 2005, 07:56 PM
It only counts as a hole in one if its the catalyst for starting a new golf forum. Whaddya trying to do Macca?

macleod
23rd August 2005, 10:02 AM
It only counts as a hole in one if its the catalyst for starting a new golf forum.     Whaddya trying to do Macca?

golfgeeks.net - if you can hook up an internal dvd drive using gaffer tape, drool over peltier cooling systems, are a gear ho and dig beer, then this is the site for you!

Bruce
23rd August 2005, 10:09 AM
It only counts as a hole in one if its the catalyst for starting a new golf forum.     Whaddya trying to do Macca?

golfgeeks.net - if you can hook up an internal dvd drive using gaffer tape, drool over peltier cooling systems, are a gear ho and dig beer, then this is the site for you!

I am so there!!! :D

Which kind of Ho though? Club or card?

markTHEblake
23rd August 2005, 08:09 PM
Ok, thats it - my HIO at the Robina Shopping Centre counts - and its even better than yours.

65m to an island that resembles the roof of a VW beetle - but harder to hold.

macleod
24th August 2005, 10:45 AM
odd, i don't ever recall 'claiming it' in the thread...just noting it happened, made me happy and trying to get some discussion, possibly humourous....less responses than a thread about gear though as usual....no surprise there....

Jarro
24th August 2005, 11:03 AM
maybe we should have an Ozgolf day at Royal Bulimba, see who's got the best short game around :wink:

macleod
24th August 2005, 11:11 AM
hey, at this stage with my back, i'd turn up...no need for sillylong drives....plus i can get my fave fish n chips in the world at the fishmonger's wife on the way home...

Jarro
24th August 2005, 11:24 AM
maybe we should have an Ozgolf day at Royal Bulimba, see who's got the best short game around  :wink:
Wouldn't be the stoopederist suggestion you ever had.
After all its got 9 goles and they serve beer afterwards...what else do we need ?

we could play 9, have a few ales, then head out for 9 more holes ........ perfect :D

peter_rs
24th August 2005, 12:35 PM
If you don't worry about the golf you can get service at 1,4,10,13 & 18 when the holes loop past the front door.

The best day is Sunday $9 from 10am for as many holes as you can play. And the $2 BBQ for lunch is added value. :lol:

Jarro
24th August 2005, 01:49 PM
sounds like a good idea Peter, i say we arrange one soon ... weather is awesome at the moment too 8)

macleod
24th August 2005, 02:54 PM
the new ozgolf champs...36 holes at bulimba with compulsory drink breaks at each 9 (extra's at your own discretion..no excuses for overconsumption in regard to final performance) ....that'll sort out the cream of the crop instead of this cart golf