PDA

View Full Version : G'Day All

Gordo
30th January 2012, 09:41 PM
Gordon is the name but known as Gordo in this forum. Been playing golf now for over thirty years but didn't take it on till latter in life. Enough said or I'll be giving my age away.

I'm on a 10 handicap and have been on that for nearly 3 years. I don't know how because I struggle to keep my drives on the fairway and I jab my putts. I'm sometimes called 'jabber da hut' :smt087. Anyhow I love the game and I've got no intention of joining the bowling club at this stage.

Cheers to all :D

golfbound
30th January 2012, 09:48 PM
Welcome mate where are you from and what course are you at?

Some of the guys here will want to know your set up as well lol.

Dcanto
30th January 2012, 10:00 PM
Welcome Gordo.

Gordo
30th January 2012, 10:44 PM
Welcome mate where are you from and what course are you at?

Some of the guys here will want to know your set up as well lol.

Cheers Ben

I'm a member at Springwood Country Club in the Blue Mountains and have been for a number of years now.

Whats my set up? Well I've got more clubs in my room than what you'll find in your local pro shop. Well not really but it seems that way.

I've got 3 drivers - 2 Taylor made burners (one superfast 2.0 which has been put in the detention cupboard). The driver I've got in my bag now is a 905T Titleist. I'm favoring that at the moment.

Three wood is the Taylor Made R11 which goes well when I can hit it out of the centre.

My irons are standard Mizuno MX25's which I love. I've had them now for about 5 years. I recently bought a set of Wilson D9's thinking they would be better and thinking I needed a change, but after a few games I sold them and went back to the Mizuno's. I also have two other sets of irons one of which is the cobra baffler blades. They are really a solid set of sticks. The other is a set of Wilsons which are not bad.

Last count I've got is about 6 putters, 3 scotty camerons, one Circa 62 #3 which I'm using, one newport studio style and one Circa 62 #1 (sales sample) that's never been taken outside my house. Then there's an Odyssey 2 Ball that I'm about to put on the market. And a couple or others.

Now you've reminded me of something I have to do - clean up my room :shock:.

Cheers

Jarro
30th January 2012, 10:59 PM
Howdy Gordo

Dazza
30th January 2012, 11:03 PM
Welcome Gordo!

Courty
31st January 2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome Gordo. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. 8)

LarryLong
31st January 2012, 09:51 PM
Welcome Gordo.

Or should that be Gord-ho?

Dotty
31st January 2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome Gordo. Nice sticks.

Keep an eye out in the '1st Tee' forum for the occasional Sydney get-together.

JADO75
31st January 2012, 11:24 PM
G'day Gordo, welcome aboard. I'm a member at Penrith, great to have a fellow Blue Mountainer.

Gordo
1st February 2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome Gordo. Nice sticks.

Keep an eye out in the '1st Tee' forum for the occasional Sydney get-together.

Great, I'll keep an eye on whats happening

Gordo
1st February 2012, 07:06 PM
G'day Gordo, welcome aboard. I'm a member at Penrith, great to have a fellow Blue Mountainer.

Cheers JAD075, good course Penrith, I know your club champion well.

JADO75
1st February 2012, 07:13 PM
Cheers JAD075, good course Penrith, I know your club champion well.

G'day mate, you'll have to remind me, who is it?

matty
1st February 2012, 07:24 PM
Hey Gordo. I'm at Lynwood. Some of the Sydney Ozgolf guys played there last weekend. I played Springwood a couple of moonths back in pouring rain. Could see that it'd be fun in the dry.

Gordo
1st February 2012, 08:36 PM
G'day mate, you'll have to remind me, who is it?

Dave Limbach, plays off scratch

Gordo
1st February 2012, 08:44 PM
Hey Gordo. I'm at Lynwood. Some of the Sydney Ozgolf guys played there last weekend. I played Springwood a couple of moonths back in pouring rain. Could see that it'd be fun in the dry.

Mate, just like everywhere else around Sydney it just keeps raining. I played last Saturday myself and the course was an absolute bog.
I'll look out Sydney Ozgolf guys in future.

AndyP
1st February 2012, 09:06 PM
Welcome Gordo. You got in just in time.

http://sem-group.net/images/captchacartoon.jpg

JADO75
2nd February 2012, 09:00 AM
I know Dave mate, he can play!

Gordo
2nd February 2012, 08:06 PM
I know Dave mate, he can play!

Next time you see him at Penrith pass on my regards. In fact I took money off him the last time we played. You can remind him of that.

JADO75
2nd February 2012, 08:14 PM
No worries Gordo, if it stops raining I'll probably see him on Saturday. You must go alright then?

Gordo
3rd February 2012, 10:23 PM
No worries Gordo, if it stops raining I'll probably see him on Saturday. You must go alright then?

I'm definitely not in his league. I was just lucky on the day