PDA

View Full Version : WA: The Beautiful One Vs OMS

Pages : [1] 2

simmsy
29th January 2012, 09:54 PM
The most beautiful man in the world will be taking on Normie at The Vines on 26th Feb.
Kindly hosted by IDG.

oms will have to give Bergz 8, maybe even 9 shots. It will be tough ask to beat him after watching how he scored today.

Yossarian
29th January 2012, 09:57 PM
What is hansel off atm??!

bergsey
29th January 2012, 10:03 PM
I played absolute shite today! Need to get my long game sorted. Off 20 atm good news Simmsy is that I can't go out anymore for about the next 10 rounds

simmsy
29th January 2012, 10:03 PM

simmsy
29th January 2012, 10:05 PM
Beat me to it.
ID has booked us in. Chat to him for details mate.

simmsy
29th January 2012, 10:06 PM
I played absolute shite today! Need to get my long game sorted. Off 20 atm good news Simmsy is that I can't go out anymore for about the next 10 rounds

You had some rough moments but overall you werent too bad. I will need u to play worse for me to beat u in MP

Yossarian
29th January 2012, 10:07 PM
Brave man returning to the scene of your 2009/10 defeat simmsy!

simmsy
29th January 2012, 10:08 PM
I wouldnt play him at Yokine. Not a fan of vines thats for sure. Rare.y play well on any resort courses. Dont know why, just is.

adlo
29th January 2012, 10:10 PM
Bergsey off 20 in matchplay = tough to beat for any Wanker. He has too many good holes even if he is playing poorly.

simmsy, you made it to 2012, well done, but I think you have outdone yourself if you make the 2nd round.

simmsy
29th January 2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. WAnker.

adlo
29th January 2012, 11:30 PM
Hey, you gave me the same vote of confidence. Normie.

simmsy
29th January 2012, 11:39 PM
Yes. But u have no form. ;)

adlo
29th January 2012, 11:40 PM
Oh, that's right, there is no stopping you.

Wanker.

simmsy
29th January 2012, 11:41 PM
:) :) :)

rubin
29th January 2012, 11:52 PM
I reckon oms might have this IMO

simmsy
30th January 2012, 12:03 AM
Thx rubes.

bergsey
31st January 2012, 12:11 AM
Will definitely be a challenge to take the old man down, solid from tee to green

simmsy
31st January 2012, 12:17 AM
Ha. I looked thru our card today from yestys match. I know it is different but going on our scores yesty using the MP indexing u would of won 2&1.

I will need to shoot my cap at the vines to be any chance at all I think.

bergsey
31st January 2012, 09:15 AM
At least the fairways are wide which may help me!

TourFit
31st January 2012, 09:55 AM
I wouldnt play him at Yokine. Not a fan of vines thats for sure. Rare.y play well on any resort courses. Dont know why, just is.

Must be the WIDE fairways and huge greens...

hocko
31st January 2012, 10:07 AM
At least the fairways are wide which may help me!
Just need to keep the NAH's in the bag this time Bergs.

simmsy
31st January 2012, 10:17 AM
I think the huge greens kill me actually.

simmsy
31st January 2012, 10:18 AM
Bergsey. We doin 3/4 cap??

Me 8
U 15

bergsey
31st January 2012, 03:12 PM
Bergsey. We doin 3/4 cap??Me 8U 15 Sell me the benefits again?

TourFit
31st January 2012, 03:17 PM
You give him LESS shots, and give him MORE chance of winning.

:-s

rubin
31st January 2012, 03:26 PM
Sell me the benefits again?

its more of a fair match.

off full caps - OMS would have to shoot the lights out to win if you played within a few shots of your cap. I.E You could have 34/35 points, and simmsy would have to shot around the 40 point mark in comparison.

Generally off 3/4 caps the person who plays the best (according to their handicap) will win. Winning because you played a better round is better than winning just because u have a higher handicap IMO

(obviously MP's aren't a stableford game, but it works as an example)

simmsy
31st January 2012, 05:32 PM
what Rubin said,
not what TourFit said.

it's only 2 shots difference so be a man and win without a cloud over the victory ;)

Pieface
31st January 2012, 05:48 PM
Makes Cosmo play off the whites but wants Bergsey to take a two shot chop.

We could have a new contender for the UC title!

rubin
31st January 2012, 06:01 PM

I agree 100% with OMS for both things.

not to cause an argument - but we were playing off the furthest markers that the course allows. On some holes, we would have been giving up almost 60m distance to where the red markers where - and the white markers are used in many circumstances as the "tiger tees" for ladies. It was a fair call.

and if you win an MP, you want it to be as the better player on the day, not cause ur really a shit player and get more shots on a hole.

Shadesy
31st January 2012, 06:14 PM
Agree on matchplay....

Disagree on the Tees.... @ Meadow Springs (Not at the Cut as we were off the BACK, not the Members).

Don't Care either way!

simmsy
31st January 2012, 06:19 PM

don't suck up to cosmo, just 'cause she hits a longer ball than you.

Do you really want to go here Pie? there's over 1.2km difference between the red and the blue markers at Meadow and Cosmo was far from being NAGA (she beat you)

Meadow is a pitch'putt course at the best of times. anyone that thinks it is unfair that if we move back that Cosmo should move back only have to look at her results, she holds her own every time against the men.

Cosmo is more than welcome to organize her own golf day for us all where she can place us all off what ever tee block she wants.

I would be the 2nd shortest hitter out of the blokes in ozgolf WAnkerville, i don't see the problem of playing off the blacks even though i give guys like JC, Mega and Fit 40 - 50 mtrs on every tee shot.

****in' bitch bitch moan moan every time but no one besides 3 or 4 guys organize this stuff.

Anyone up for a Rebel tour?

Pieface
31st January 2012, 06:40 PM
Thank you Simmsy. I couldn't have hoped for a bigger bite :D

I've done his head in. You bring the choccies home for the 20 cappers Bergsey.

Although I will admit...how the heck does someone who hits the ball like Bergsey have a 20 and a rank chopper like me is off only 22?

rubin
31st January 2012, 06:40 PM
......Anyone up for a Rebel tour?

I was thinking the other day - it seemed like there were quite a few blokes interested in a "challenge" style MP/Skins game. Wonder if we could work something like that out......

Yossarian
31st January 2012, 07:03 PM
I hope golf is the winner.

simmsy
31st January 2012, 07:13 PM
Bergsey - i just spoke with the governing body and he informs me you're in the right mate so if we're all good full H/C it is, ok?;)

sorry for the confusion bloke.

bergsey
31st January 2012, 07:24 PM
So why isn't all MP off 3/4 caps then? I know our club champs are off full 'caps ...... Not scared, curious

Veefore
31st January 2012, 07:31 PM

Considering our handicaps were earned from the blue tees I thought it only fair that Cosmo play from the tees where her handicap was earned.

Bergsey,

Pennant matchplay is held at full handicaps here and the best player on the day (relative to their handicap) still wins.

bergsey
31st January 2012, 07:41 PM
I agree 100% with OMS for both things.not to cause an argument - but we were playing off the furthest markers that the course allows. On some holes, we would have been giving up almost 60m distance to where the red markers where - and the white markers are used in many circumstances as the "tiger tees" for ladies. It was a fair call.and if you win an MP, you want it to be as the better player on the day, not cause ur really a shit player and get more shots on a hole. The whole purpose of a handicap particularly the new system is to reflect your current ability so don't understand how shit golf is rewarded

simmsy
31st January 2012, 07:44 PM
Im bored.

idgolfguy
31st January 2012, 08:04 PM
Even though I was close to the NAGA, give me 9 or 10 strokes against JC and I'll see you in the finals.

bergsey
31st January 2012, 08:18 PM
Im bored. So am I mate but don't understand how this topic keeps coming up! Honestly I'm ok with whatever, if I shoot lower than my cap I'm happy win or lose. I know that isn't the point of match play but is why I play golf

bergsey
31st January 2012, 08:26 PM
here's the form line, not too much to worry about OMS

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=6012104458

idgolfguy
31st January 2012, 10:20 PM
Your match, your decision. I'm going to have fun watching you both.

MegaWatty
31st January 2012, 10:49 PM
I am a mid/lowish capper. I don't believe in 3/4. But I love Simmsy. No homo.

simmsy
31st January 2012, 10:57 PM
Gee thanks....i think.

hocko
31st January 2012, 11:02 PM
don't suck up to cosmo, just 'cause she hits a longer ball than you.

Do you really want to go here Pie? there's over 1.2km difference between the red and the blue markers at Meadow and Cosmo was far from being NAGA (she beat you)

Meadow is a pitch'putt course at the best of times. anyone that thinks it is unfair that if we move back that Cosmo should move back only have to look at her results, she holds her own every time against the men.

Cosmo is more than welcome to organize her own golf day for us all where she can place us all off what ever tee block she wants.

I would be the 2nd shortest hitter out of the blokes in ozgolf WAnkerville, i don't see the problem of playing off the blacks even though i give guys like JC, Mega and Fit 40 - 50 mtrs on every tee shot.

****in' bitch bitch moan moan every time but no one besides 3 or 4 guys organize this stuff.

Anyone up for a Rebel tour?
Um, excuse me.
Have you not missed anyone out?????

idgolfguy
31st January 2012, 11:11 PM
I was thinking the same. Must have been thinking about Hartfield members.

Shadesy
31st January 2012, 11:29 PM
Um, excuse me.

Yeah I get it out there!

simmsy
31st January 2012, 11:32 PM
Um, excuse me.

Sorry. And then theres guys like Rubin & Hocko. Those guys really get it out there too.

Better?

simmsy
31st January 2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah I get it out there!

Your wife says JC is heaps longer. And better.

FoxGolf
31st January 2012, 11:41 PM
Yeah I get it out there!

And you had a long drive marker on 15 to prove it.;)

Shadesy
31st January 2012, 11:45 PM
Your wife says JC is heaps longer. And better.

She likes her boys a bit feminine!

Shadesy
31st January 2012, 11:47 PM
And you had a long drive marker on 15 to prove it.;)

1 of 2 decent drives all day!

You must of got a good kick!

bergsey
31st January 2012, 11:54 PM
Just got back from a lesson down at Wembley with Brad Parker. Simmsy watch out! (or could be a total balls up and destroy my game even further!)

FoxGolf
31st January 2012, 11:59 PM
1 of 2 decent drives all day!

You must of got a good kick!

Yeah must have got lucky. Probably landed on a distance marker!

simmsy
1st February 2012, 12:08 AM
Just got back from a lesson down at Wembley with Brad Parker. Simmsy watch out! (or could be a total balls up and destroy my game even further!)

What'ya workin on Bergs?

Its still a month from our game we will both be in and out of form atleast twice before then.

bergsey
1st February 2012, 12:17 AM
Stopping the leg drive and getting the club caught behind. I've got the info just got to start breaking some of the old habits

simmsy
1st February 2012, 12:21 AM
Good work mate. When u get it right u hit as good a ball as anyone u just gotta groove that good feeling.

rubin
1st February 2012, 11:21 AM
Sorry. And then theres guys like Rubin & Hocko. Those guys really get it out there too.

Better?

Much obliged kind sir. ;)

Veefore
1st February 2012, 07:14 PM
How would you play this person off 3/4 handicaps??? Would he come UP to +4.5?

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=6010501589

(http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=6010501589)

rubin
1st February 2012, 07:52 PM
How would you play this person off 3/4 handicaps??? Would he come UP to +4.5?

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=6010501589

(http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=6010501589)

Its not 3/4 of the actual handicap, its 3/4 of the difference.

So if it was me, thats a 28 shot difference (holy shit! ) And therefor 3/4 of that is 21 (almost my handicap but anyway....)

Veefore
1st February 2012, 07:55 PM

So if it was me, thats a 28 shot difference (holy shit! ) And therefor 3/4 of that is 21 (almost my handicap but anyway....)

My post was really just an excuse to put that link there. I don't really care about the 3/4.

How hard would it be to know you need to make at least 6 birdies before you even have a chance at shooting your handicap?

Yossarian
1st February 2012, 08:00 PM

29 shots. You should tee up a matchplay with what i assume is that chappy guy?

MegaWatty
1st February 2012, 08:56 PM
Scott Strange?

Yossarian
1st February 2012, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah. I meet him at a bar one time.

Johnny Canuck
1st February 2012, 09:11 PM
Koooo-lacks.

Johnny Canuck
1st February 2012, 09:14 PM
I think the majority of the matches are being played off 3/4 or scratch. No pressure.

MegaWatty
1st February 2012, 09:17 PM
Right.

TourFit
1st February 2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah I get it out there!

Your ass?

And frequently!

Johnny Canuck
1st February 2012, 10:02 PM
Um, excuse me.

They are still trying to measure your drive that left the course on 2.

That is almost as impressive and when you hit it OOB on the first at Harty with a hybrid.

I don't think anyone else could reach that.

bergsey
2nd February 2012, 12:22 AM
How would you play this person off 3/4 handicaps??? Would he come UP to +4.5?http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=6010501589Anchore d at +6 ouch !

Veefore
2nd February 2012, 08:58 AM
Koooo-lacks. Yep.Says he's feeling pretty good about his game too.It'll be interesting to see how he goes in Myanmar at his first tourney back.

simmsy
2nd February 2012, 04:55 PM
Hope he goes well.

down to 11 after today. :(

Shadesy
2nd February 2012, 05:09 PM
How does he still have a handicap? Once you turn pro don't you rescind Handicap, or is it something the club keeps going?

Veefore
2nd February 2012, 05:28 PM
How does he still have a handicap? Once you turn pro don't you rescind Handicap, or is it something the club keeps going?

Like mine it's a club only handicap. In fact, that's probably the only two things our golf games have in common.
Looking at the asian tour scores he is presently 3 under after 6. 8 under is leading.

Shadesy
2nd February 2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks Vee..Thats good for the Club to keep that going. Although shooting a 8 under 64 for 41 Points still wouldn't be enough!!!!

I played a game where Strange was 2 groups behind me as well.

TourFit
2nd February 2012, 07:42 PM
...down to 11 after today. :(

Well done, old man. Is that the lowest you've been to?

Hope I meet you in MP. I'd fancy my chances only giving ya 1 shot :shock:

simmsy
2nd February 2012, 09:32 PM
No way should u be off 10.

Yeah now at 11.1 which is my lowest ever. I was 11.3 late last year. Thx for the nod all the same fit.

Shadesy
2nd February 2012, 10:49 PM

Yeah now at 11.1 which is my lowest ever. I was 11.3 late last year. Thx for the nod all the same fit.

Well done sir! Too think I was that low only a few weeks ago... Haven't come close to playing to it!

This weeks the week!

TourFit
2nd February 2012, 11:02 PM
Great job simmsy. Buy a new driver in celebration...

...what's that, you already have!

bergsey
2nd February 2012, 11:08 PM
Hope he goes well.down to 11 after today. :(Cool mate well done!

tommyg
2nd February 2012, 11:40 PM

Nice work simmsy... with the maruman it'll be single figures.....

simmsy
2nd February 2012, 11:45 PM
considering i only hit a little over 50% fwy today.

Veefore
3rd February 2012, 01:30 PM
Congrats on the new personal low. There's life in the old dog yet. :)
Single figures by christmas?

simmsy
3rd February 2012, 02:57 PM
mmmm
That's the plan for 2012 mate. Not certain I can do it but I'm closer now than ever.

Veefore
3rd February 2012, 04:49 PM
You can do it. Hell, I did 10.0 to 6.1 in 6 months and I have no talent for the game.

TourFit
3rd February 2012, 05:10 PM
You can do it. Hell, I did 10.0 to 6.1 in 6 months and I have no talent for the game.

LIAR!

(I've seen you putt)

Veefore
3rd February 2012, 08:33 PM
LIAR!

(I've seen you putt)

Thanks buddy, but it really is true. Not false modesty or anything like that.

I was never a stick-and-ball kid growing up. When I was forced to play stick-and-ball games I sucked, badly.

MC racing was my thing and the only think I lived for until I broke my neck. I think it was one too many head injuries that led me to golf.

8 years ago I was the worst putter. Measurably worse than anyone on this site that I have played with.
I preferred to be off the green chipping with an 8 iron because I had more chance to get it near the hole than I did if I was putting.

Then one day, a bloke at my club who was acknowledged as being one of the best putters around took a break from ridiculing my putting and, taking pity on me, offered me a couple of drills to fix it. 3 years of doing those drills every day during my lunch break and then another few years expanding on them led me to my greatest golfing highlight of beating him in the club final and finishing 2nd in the state final of that "Worlds Best Putter - Australia" event(with less putts than the winner. I still can't figure that out).

In the end, it was just obsessive/compulsive practice, and doing the right practice, that made my putting better. Not talent.

Pieface
3rd February 2012, 09:07 PM
Well done Simmsy!

rubin
3rd February 2012, 10:10 PM
good effort OMS.

FoxGolf
3rd February 2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks buddy, but it really is true. Not false modesty or anything like that.

I was never a stick-and-ball kid growing up. When I was forced to play stick-and-ball games I sucked, badly.

MC racing was my thing and the only think I lived for until I broke my neck. I think it was one too many head injuries that led me to golf.

8 years ago I was the worst putter. Measurably worse than anyone on this site that I have played with.
I preferred to be off the green chipping with an 8 iron because I had more chance to get it near the hole than I did if I was putting.

Then one day, a bloke at my club who was acknowledged as being one of the best putters around took a break from ridiculing my putting and, taking pity on me, offered me a couple of drills to fix it. 3 years of doing those drills every day during my lunch break and then another few years expanding on them led me to my greatest golfing highlight of beating him in the club final and finishing 2nd in the state final of that "Worlds Best Putter - Australia" event(with less putts than the winner. I still can't figure that out).

In the end, it was just obsessive/compulsive practice, and doing the right practice, that made my putting better. Not talent.

Wow. That's impressive. I need some of that.

idgolfguy
3rd February 2012, 11:10 PM
Consistent putting practice with less interest on execution. Once I've got the line, the less time standing over the ball works for me.

If I miss it, I don't get upset because I have not invested too much time on it.

I also use the Jedi principle.

rubin
3rd February 2012, 11:35 PM
mmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm strong ... The force is

Johnny Canuck
4th February 2012, 12:17 AM
Simmsy, tell them how you birdied the birdie hole with $105 in pro shop money on the line!

idgolfguy
4th February 2012, 01:47 AM
Man of steel.

Shadesy
4th February 2012, 07:26 AM
Simmsy, tell them how you birdied the birdie hole with $105 in pro shop money on the line!

New driver coming?

MegaWatty
4th February 2012, 08:50 AM
This is gonna be good!

simmsy
4th February 2012, 09:43 AM
JC u know it turned out it didnt matter as i wasnt eligible. Birdie nest is only for 13-20 hc.

Stick it up ur ass.

Johnny Canuck
4th February 2012, 10:14 AM
Now I see where you were going with that. I just thought you were happy to finally be in A grade.

Simmsy was upset at first because he didn't pay the $1 to enter the birdies nest and thought he missed out on $105.

simmsy
4th February 2012, 10:30 AM
yeah i didn't realize that birdie blitz was b & c grade only. didn't realize i was a grade! WTF? logic tells me A grade should be 10 and lower B grade 11 -20 C grade 20 - 27 and there shouldn't be hc's higher than 27.

simmsy
4th February 2012, 10:32 AM
Hey Bergsey - are we allowing smartphones as GPS during this game??

MegaWatty
4th February 2012, 10:44 AM
Nice can of worms Simmsy. You can only use it on 2/3 of the holes.

simmsy
4th February 2012, 11:02 AM
i would figure we can as it's not an official comp? ur jetlagged don't get involved in stirring this shit. u can't be MegaMod for the next few days ok.

Johnny Canuck
4th February 2012, 11:12 AM
Why wouldn't you use your phones? We allow them everywhere else.

I always thought a grade ended at 10. It did at KBay, so that is prob where I got that impression.

Veefore
4th February 2012, 11:25 AM
For club champs its:

A grade to 6.4
A Reserve grade 6.5 to 11.4
B grade 11.5 to something. I don't know the rest.

for club comps A reserve gets lumped in to A grade.

bergsey
5th February 2012, 09:33 AM
Hey Bergsey - are we allowing smartphones as GPS during this game?? Of course, stupid rule
I won't be using mine though as that's cheating :)

simmsy
5th February 2012, 09:39 AM
Haha. Ok mate. Good to know.

bergsey
5th February 2012, 11:28 PM
Things I've been working on since my lesson this week going well so far. Getting the flight with the irons down and a lot better contact. Was too tentative to play in the comp yest (stroke) so will see how things go this sat

simmsy
5th February 2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah stick withit mate. Im not saying it will take as long as me but its taken me 8 months to get my swing change down. But mine was from swaying the hips and pivot. Youll get it soon.

bergsey
5th February 2012, 11:43 PM
Been having lessons with brad every 3 months or so over the last year, so yeah it takes a long time. That used to really p*ss me off but have finally realized thats just how golf is.... You can have all the info but applying it is the challenge especially under the gun!

simmsy
6th February 2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah its getting the confidence to go thru with the new swing when it actually counts. Trusting it is hard to do.

MegaWatty
6th February 2012, 12:17 AM
Jesus Christ! Stop being nice to each and start sledging!

simmsy
6th February 2012, 01:00 AM
Im getting inside his head. Its all part of my plan.

TourFit
6th February 2012, 02:23 PM
Good plan.

You have to find other ways of NOT losing in the 1st round... again!

May I suggest this method...?

bergsey
6th February 2012, 03:47 PM
We are trying to take the Gerry Harvey approach and fighting over little aussie battler status :)

simmsy
16th February 2012, 12:01 AM
So this is confirmed for sunday week at sparrows fart.

Me and bersey had a face off in the city today. Its not fair that there are people in the world that beautiful.

Its little wonder u cant play golf. One or the other man! But never both.

bergsey
16th February 2012, 12:14 AM
I reckon tour fit should move his business to the shop opposite Adlo so it's a one stop shop for ozgolfers..... Adlo on the other hand may not agree!

bergsey
16th February 2012, 12:16 AM
PS the missus is mighty unhappy a the prospect of being woken up early sun, may have to sleep in id's dog kennel the night before...

simmsy
16th February 2012, 05:59 PM
i reckon tour fit should move his business to the shop opposite adlo so it's a one stop shop for ozgolfers..... Adlo on the other hand may not agree!

adam...adam...adam!!!

Yossarian
16th February 2012, 06:00 PM
Bergsey 8 and 7.

simmsy
16th February 2012, 06:01 PM
PS the missus is mighty unhappy a the prospect of being woken up early sun, may have to sleep in id's dog kennel the night before...

makes no difference to my missus. the kids (god bless'em) don't want to know me when they wake up. Mum is the only one allowed to talk to them for the first hour or two.

simmsy
16th February 2012, 06:01 PM
Bergsey 8 and 7.

hard to argue.

Yossarian
16th February 2012, 06:03 PM
hard to argue.

I think you will be on your bad weekly cycle for driver, bad memories from losing to face and the freedom to swing for Bergsey all make it look ugly for OMS!

Cosmopolite
16th February 2012, 06:16 PM
makes no difference to my missus. the kids (god bless'em) don't want to know me when they wake up. Mum is the only one allowed to talk to them for the first hour or two.

that sounds ominous!

simmsy
16th February 2012, 06:17 PM
nah it's great. by about 8 in the morning they're all good and ready to play.

rubin
16th February 2012, 06:33 PM
I think it will come down to how many shots the old man has to give.

but OMS FTW.

idgolfguy
16th February 2012, 06:38 PM
PS the missus is mighty unhappy a the prospect of being woken up early sun, may have to sleep in id's dog kennel the night before...Do you always invoke conjugals before a round or just before a pivotal matchplay event?... The privileges of being so beautiful.

TourFit
16th February 2012, 07:01 PM
He wouldn't even have to ask, would he?

Just a little smile or a nod, a wink perhaps...and it'd be on like Donkey Kong!

simmsy
16th February 2012, 07:51 PM
that's how Bergsey proposed. a slight wink and a 'how 'bout it?

she melted instantly.

simmsy
16th February 2012, 07:55 PM
I think it will come down to how many shots the old man has to give.

but OMS FTW.

thanks for the vote Rubin. Can't honestly see it though giving 9 shots against a guy that shouldn't be on a 20.

if i can hole a few putts i'll be in with a chance. i think Bergsey 3&2.

idgolfguy
16th February 2012, 08:42 PM
that's how Bergsey proposed. a slight wink and a 'how 'bout it?she melted instantly. In truth, my proposal was 'are you going to see anyone else' ' when shall we set the date?'

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2012, 09:34 PM
Too many shots and no 3/4. Handicap beats Simmsy 4&3.

Bergs is too strong of a golfer for the Vines. Simmsy will wilt under the pressure of giving up so many shots and play poor as well.

Golfnut
16th February 2012, 09:46 PM
I have to agree with the Canuck.....giving way too many shots away to a "beautiful bandit" off 20.

Why did we scrap the 3/4 caps, thought we all agreed??

Yossarian
16th February 2012, 09:48 PM
No we didn't. If both agree you can play in dresses for all I care, but otherwise full caps, same as every year.

Golfnut
16th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Fairy Muff.......skirts shades?

Yossarian
16th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Are you playing off nutcap this year or does 3/4 suit you better?

Golfnut
16th February 2012, 09:55 PM
For round 1, neither.....shades & I are playing OTS.

Shadesy
16th February 2012, 09:56 PM
Fairy Muff.......skirts shades?

G banger at the ready!

bergsey
16th February 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm ok with 3/4.. seriously.. the 5am wake up not so much!

Golfnut
16th February 2012, 10:46 PM
Drink plenty of water the night before Bergs.

simmsy
16th February 2012, 11:13 PM
I'm ok with 3/4.. seriously.. the 5am wake up not so much!

Oh god arent we done with this already,

Let me know on sunday what u want to do Bergsey. too much flip-floppin goin on.

Before we tee off let me know if its 8 or 9 shots im giving you and we'll go from there mate.

Golfnut
16th February 2012, 11:15 PM
What are you off now simmsy?

bergsey
16th February 2012, 11:53 PM
Oh god arent we done with this already, Let me know on sunday what u want to do Bergsey. too much flip-floppin goin on. Before we tee off let me know if its 8 or 9 shots im giving you and we'll go from there mate. Someone is getting a little grumpy in his old age!

simmsy
16th February 2012, 11:54 PM
Could have been 10 today if I had of had a 38.

hocko
16th February 2012, 11:59 PM
?

simmsy
16th February 2012, 11:59 PM
Always been grumpy mate.
So 3/4 then. Good work. At least if u win you'll feel as though you've earnt it.

idgolfguy
17th February 2012, 12:05 AM
Simmsy, good strategy to bail on the 38.

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2012, 12:06 AM
Hmmmmmm.

All square after 18.

bergsey
17th February 2012, 12:19 AM
So 3/4 then. Good work. At least if u win you'll feel as though you've earnt it.That was a quick acceptance..... Nervous?

Shadesy
17th February 2012, 07:52 AM
That was a quick acceptance..... Nervous?

He might ask if he can play off the whites soon ;-)

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2012, 07:54 AM
It's Simmsy, not Rubin or Cosmo.

rubin
17th February 2012, 09:03 AM
It's Simmsy, not Rubin or Cosmo.

Gf - i didnt have an option

simmsy
17th February 2012, 10:21 AM
That was a quick acceptance..... Nervous?

not nervous at all mate, got nothing to lose accept another early entrance from the MP. everyone is expecting you to wipe the floor with me due to you having so many shots up your sleeve and being the type of player that really only has 2 or 3 bad holes per round.

now your wondering if that shot or two difference at 3/4 is gonna hurt you coming down the stretch, can you hold on or not is what you'll be asking yourself, and don't worry mate, i'll be asking you the same thing on every hole as well. ;)

idgolfguy
17th February 2012, 10:25 AM
Ellenbrook, front 9 is wide. Back 9 is tight and will benefit the lower hc. Bergsey may be too left coming down the stretch.

simmsy
17th February 2012, 10:27 AM
left wingers! can't trust'em.

rubin
17th February 2012, 10:45 AM
not nervous at all mate, got nothing to lose accept another early entrance from the MP. everyone is expecting you to wipe the floor with me due to you having so many shots up your sleeve and being the type of player that really only has 2 or 3 bad holes per round.

now your wondering if that shot or two difference at 3/4 is gonna hurt you coming down the stretch, can you hold on or not is what you'll be asking yourself, and don't worry mate, i'll be asking you the same thing on every hole as well. ;)

only every hole? I'd be asking every shot!

Ellenbrook, front 9 is wide. Back 9 is tight and will benefit the lower hc. Bergsey may be too left coming down the stretch.

Why i'm picking OMS. Ellenbrook is still a tough track in parts - its not the usual public blast away course.

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2012, 10:47 AM
Bergs is the best 20 capper in Aus.

TourFit
17th February 2012, 11:06 AM
And the best looking golfer on the planet!

rubin
17th February 2012, 11:18 AM
u bunch of Homo's.

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2012, 11:26 AM
Not Rubin's type apparently.

rubin
17th February 2012, 11:36 AM
;)

simmsy
18th February 2012, 12:52 AM
only every hole? I'd be asking every shot!

Why i'm picking OMS. Ellenbrook is still a tough track in parts - its not the usual public blast away course.

how does this help me again? Berg plays on one of the hardest tracks in perth (if not the hardest) and would be a good 2 or 3 shots better if playing at Hartfield.

Johnny Canuck
18th February 2012, 01:33 AM
i don't know about that. you can bomb drivers anywhere at wagc and get away with it.

simmsy
18th February 2012, 02:01 AM
maybe with the close fwy and not overly punishing rough in places but to stay on the correct fwy i reckon it's pretty tight.

bergsey
18th February 2012, 08:50 AM
i don't know about that. you can bomb drivers anywhere at wagc and get away with it. Yep given the parallel fairways you can be pretty wide without losing a ball.....The thing that will get me at the vines will be the green speed esp ellenbrook... Love fast greens and I'm thinking ellenbrook will be pretty furry

Veefore
18th February 2012, 09:28 AM
I would think that WAGC was easier than Harty.

Hartfield players usually shoot pretty good scores at WAGC. Maybe it just suits me but I've always found it one of the better scoring tracks for me since I learnt how to read their greens properly.

simmsy
18th February 2012, 10:14 AM
I agree with u there Bergsey. I think it will be won on the greens with who copes with size/speed of greens the best on the day.

simmsy
19th February 2012, 11:58 PM
1week till this is run & won. No ease up for the victor though as we now have got veeman in rd 2 to deal with.

bergsey
20th February 2012, 12:00 AM
No form on my side, haven't played for 2 weeks.... and Yoss could still be a chance right?Btw we are teeing off at 5:45 and sunrise is at 6?

simmsy
20th February 2012, 12:04 AM
Its plenty of light by 5:30 mate. Played this morning teed off at 5:20ish. Great time of day.

Hopefully its not windy though. Itll be like winter up there.

simmsy
20th February 2012, 12:10 AM
No form on my side, haven't played for 2 weeks.... and Yoss could still be a chance right?Btw we are teeing off at 5:45 and sunrise is at 6?

Can u make it up to Wembley tuesday night? Have a range session with mizuno. I think a few others will be there.

TourFit
20th February 2012, 12:11 AM
Bergsey will have just finished his bottle o'bourbon by 5.45am (WTF?) tee off time...he will use idgg's membership privileges to take a dip and freshen up before hitting off.

He will then win.

Yossarian
20th February 2012, 12:11 AM
Veeman will wipe the floor with me.

TourFit
20th February 2012, 12:12 AM
Yes, he will.

simmsy
20th February 2012, 12:12 AM
Hahaha. Well he reckons hes in the doghouse for the early morning so maybe he can just have a session on it up at the vines on satdy night.

bergsey
20th February 2012, 12:14 AM
Can u make it up to Wembley tuesday night? Have a range session with mizuno. I think a few others will be there. Thinking of going up there this week, probably after kids are in bed around 7:30. What time u going?

bergsey
20th February 2012, 12:15 AM
Veeman will wipe the floor with me. Pity I was looking forward to doing that myself ....

Yossarian
20th February 2012, 12:21 AM
Pity I was looking forward to doing that myself ....

Ha! You are my matchplay bitch!

idgolfguy
20th February 2012, 12:35 AM
6am is the earliest tee off.

simmsy
20th February 2012, 05:04 PM
Thinking of going up there this week, probably after kids are in bed around 7:30. What time u going?

i should be up there about 5:30 but have no intention of leaving until closing.

6am is the earliest tee off.

?? was this in reference to Bergsey's 7:30 comment?? we still teeing of just before 6 aren't we?

idgolfguy
20th February 2012, 09:53 PM
We can go later if you want. I'll play 18 and then join you after 9.45. From about 8am you tend to get 5 hour rounds because of public and PGN etc.

simmsy
20th February 2012, 10:17 PM
No keep it as is ID. Rather get home and still be able to go out and do things with family, have a bday party on for the kids mid morning.

idgolfguy
20th February 2012, 10:21 PM
Cool.

You both are welcome to stay over at my place if you want. I'll tell the kids I'm having sleepover.

simmsy
20th February 2012, 10:30 PM
Haha. Ill be fine mate. Maccas on the way and she'll be sweet.

bergsey
20th February 2012, 11:53 PM
So are we off at 6am or trying to get off before the first group at 6? are members playing ellenbrook at the moment Vic ?

Forecast is chance of a shower sun morning

simmsy
20th February 2012, 11:59 PM
You'll be right with "a chance of a shower" won't u Bergsey?

Were hitting off b4 6am. It all seemed so simple.

bergsey
21st February 2012, 12:01 AM
Nah, soft as Yoss in the female locker room....It was Vic's comment that first tee time is 6am that threw me

simmsy
21st February 2012, 12:03 AM
See u there princess.

bergsey
21st February 2012, 12:04 AM
See u there princess. Make sure you don't wear a green shirt this time

simmsy
21st February 2012, 12:16 AM
No blue or black it'll be. Maybe long sleeve.

bergsey
21st February 2012, 12:21 AM
Mighty royals colors... Like it!

simmsy
21st February 2012, 08:20 AM
East Perth for ever boys!
East Perth are we!

U just went up in my ratings Bergsey. If that was even possible.

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2012, 08:58 AM
At least you'll be able to get a room at The Vines, homos.

simmsy
21st February 2012, 09:53 AM
Get on board JC.

TourFit
21st February 2012, 10:15 AM
Royals fans...it explains SO much. The puzzle is now coming together.

simmsy
21st February 2012, 11:22 AM
U strike me as a Garlic Wannabe fit.

Shadesy
21st February 2012, 11:51 AM
Had some Greats play for them Over the Years Fit ;-)

simmsy
21st February 2012, 03:39 PM
Heath Okley could play i heard

TourFit
21st February 2012, 04:10 PM
U strike me as a Garlic Wannabe fit.

Love garlic simmsy...cook with it all the time.

Glory, Glory, Man Utd!

Had some Greats play for them Over the Years Fit ;-)

There's a thread about Coq's over in 'Equip Me'...:wink:

Heath Okley could play i heard

So good he thought the sun shone outta his ass. That's why he thinks to brighten up everyone's day... by showing it!

idgolfguy
21st February 2012, 05:50 PM
So are we off at 6am or trying to get off before the first group at 6? are members playing ellenbrook at the moment Vic ?
Forecast is chance of a shower sun morning
We are officially booked for 6.28. There is a group a 6.20 - the first tee-off.

We usually tee-off at 6am before the first group so that we're not waiting on anyone.

As there is no members' comp on Sunday, both courses are available. Lakes and Ellenbrook are usually booked out by 7.30 am. However, on Lakes, you can't make the turn till after 8.25 because of 10th tee-offs. Doesn't apply to Ellenbrook usually as that course does not return to the start for the 10th.

Ellenbrook back 9 is much more interesting, the front 9 is forgiving.

simmsy
21st February 2012, 11:07 PM
Yep i like the mix of Ellenbrook with more open and then real testing golf in last 7-8 holes.

I am seriously hanging out for this hit. Cant wait. Hope it doesnt get too windy up there on sunday is the only thing thatll spoil it.

Saw Berg up at Wembley tonight. It was a sand off at 20'. He tried to put me off with his million$ smile.

idgolfguy
21st February 2012, 11:43 PM
Was it the Mizuno demo tonight? Damn if it was...

Bruce Dickinson
22nd February 2012, 01:20 PM
Was it the Mizuno demo tonight? Damn if it was...
It was, the next one is March 7 from 4-8pm

simmsy
22nd February 2012, 02:49 PM
It was good. The bloke doing it is very good I found. Though BD tell him to fix his shaft optimizer thingy. It wasn't working.

simmsy
22nd February 2012, 02:50 PM
Flat battery believe it or not.

TourFit
22nd February 2012, 02:56 PM
Even when it IS working...it doesn't really work! (or not as accurately as it claims)

It is designed to measure a whole heap of things about your swing characteristics, but the club itself is so light that the weight of it actually AFFECTS those very characteristics it is supposed to measure. As a result, I have found that it OVER-reads the stats and recommends a shaft that seems consistently too stiff.

In a nutshell...measure you with lightweight graphite and then recommends a heavy steel (which you won't be swinging at the same speed as the test club!)

It told me I needed PX 6.5 (hard stepped) ; or KBS Tour or DG X flex's (both hard stepped) :shock:

rubin
22nd February 2012, 03:04 PM
hmmmm - bet you will never, ever guess what it told me i should use......

TourFit
22nd February 2012, 03:06 PM
Your brain...?

Bruce Dickinson
22nd February 2012, 03:07 PM
It was good. The bloke doing it is very good I found. Though BD tell him to fix his shaft optimizer thingy. It wasn't working.
your wish is my command

Golfnut
22nd February 2012, 04:20 PM
Your brain...? That made me LOL.......no offence rubin.

hocko
22nd February 2012, 04:46 PM
hmmmm - bet you will never, ever guess what it told me i should use......
Go on then.........what?

Bruce Dickinson
22nd February 2012, 04:48 PM
Go on then.........what?
a wider driving range

Johnny Canuck
22nd February 2012, 05:07 PM
Awesome.

TourFit
22nd February 2012, 05:22 PM
a wider driving range

bwahahah

rubin
22nd February 2012, 05:59 PM
Go on then.........what?
firstly - it wasnt the guys at wembley, so no issue there. and this thing didn't look like it was terribly well looked after.

but the recommendations this thing was giving me was px 5.5's soft stepped, or DG r300's.

and no - Nuffie wasn't hitting it at the time.

a wider driving range

mate if i cant keep the ball within the fences at Wembley - i'd give up golf. Fortunately i can (just...) so I persist.

bergsey
23rd February 2012, 12:05 AM
4 sleeps to go simmsy.....

idgolfguy
23rd February 2012, 12:15 AM
Back on thread.

simmsy
23rd February 2012, 01:08 AM
Howd u go yesterday at wembley mate. Shank any;)

Shadesy
23rd February 2012, 09:43 AM
Hmmmm Bergsey 4 & 3

TourFit
23rd February 2012, 02:05 PM
Is there a 4th person for this group?

PS: Shadesy, please change your avatar...we already HAVE an American asshole!

rubin
23rd February 2012, 02:21 PM
Is there a 4th person for this group?

PS: Shadesy, please change your avatar...we already HAVE an American asshole!

I didn't know you were american... ;)

Johnny Canuck
23rd February 2012, 02:23 PM
He is fat.

rubin
23rd February 2012, 02:25 PM
He is fat.

really?

I hadn't noticed..... :razz:

simmsy
23rd February 2012, 02:29 PM
Simmsy shoots -11 today

In form.

idgolfguy
23rd February 2012, 02:33 PM
-11! Played off scratch?

rubin
23rd February 2012, 02:40 PM
it would be very un-ozgolf to be heading into a MP with form behind you!

Shadesy
23rd February 2012, 03:10 PM
Sneaky Simmsy...Very Sneaky. What have you got yourself out to now?

TourFit
23rd February 2012, 03:27 PM
-11...WTF happened on the other 7 holes? You get lucky?

( Bergsey 10 & 8 )

simmsy
23rd February 2012, 06:43 PM
Sneaky Simmsy...Very Sneaky. What have you got yourself out to now?

stuck on 11 mate.

stupid head got in the way early in the game and before i knew it i was 5 down and pulled up stumps pretty much.

bergsey
23rd February 2012, 10:46 PM
so 7 shots simmsy?

Johnny Canuck
23rd February 2012, 11:42 PM
Bergs 3 & 2 - Official Nuckbettm line.

simmsy
24th February 2012, 12:06 AM
so 7 shots simmsy?

So 3/4 confirmed then mate?

So yeah 7 shots.

bergsey
24th February 2012, 12:09 AM
Yep

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2012, 01:41 AM
Nuckbet tm, is predicting Bergsey will only require 4 of those shots.

simmsy
25th February 2012, 07:17 PM
the night before the it all ended!

oh well i made it to late feb, best effort since......well ever!

all the best tomorrow Berg. weather looks great should be fun.

Shadesy
25th February 2012, 07:55 PM
Such optimism and hope the night before!

idgolfguy
25th February 2012, 09:00 PM
Simmsy by 2!

bergsey
25th February 2012, 09:21 PM
kids are in bed, clubs packed and bottle of maker's cracked open.

let the warm up begin....

Johnny Canuck
25th February 2012, 09:22 PM
Due to a late betting surge, Nuckbet tm is now favoring Bergs 2&1.

bergsey
25th February 2012, 09:26 PM
Due to a late betting surge, Nuckbet tm is now favoring Bergs 2&1.

canning vale RSL put a few shillings down on simmsy?

rubin
25th February 2012, 09:28 PM
What are the odds for normie?

Johnny Canuck
25th February 2012, 09:29 PM
Simmsy +1.90

simmsy
25th February 2012, 09:59 PM
Stingy. No one will get on board when I'm odds on!

simmsy
25th February 2012, 10:00 PM
Just cracked one thru the Missus. Feelin good.

Shadesy
25th February 2012, 10:01 PM
Stingy. No one will get on board when I'm odds on!

7:59 pm

Just cracked one thru the Missus. Feelin good.

8:00pm

Not mucking around Simmsy...

simmsy
25th February 2012, 10:03 PM
I can use tapatalk when I'm behind.

MegaWatty
26th February 2012, 01:12 AM
ROFL!

Doing it Tiger style.

Simmsy 6 and 5.

Shadesy
26th February 2012, 09:03 AM