PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

Jarro
27th January 2012, 10:05 AM
So Tiger is going OK in his comeback tournament.

His swing looks pretty good too, hitting primarily fades off the tee.

Rory is leading though after a pretty good round to start with.

virge666
27th January 2012, 10:11 AM
It is a big fade too...

Short game is still a bit iffy though. nice tanty on 8.

:)

Rory was pretty awesome, hit it everywhere and still leads.

Jarro
27th January 2012, 10:19 AM
Rory looks pretty buff too after an off-season in the gym :shock:

popper81
27th January 2012, 10:22 AM
Rory looks pretty buff too after an off-season on the nest :shock: Fixed :)

virge666
27th January 2012, 10:39 AM
Fixed :)

Good for Core strength

aimnhit
27th January 2012, 12:03 PM
Does he win a major this year?

TheTrueReview
27th January 2012, 12:03 PM

Yes.

timah!
27th January 2012, 12:06 PM

Tiger? Possibly.
Rory? Definitely.
Luke? Hmm...

Jarro
27th January 2012, 12:08 PM
Tiger has to really sharpen up a lot more to be a chance for a major IMO.

TourFit
27th January 2012, 12:47 PM
If he gets his touch back (and let's face it, we ALL know the first thing to go when you don't play much is the touch), then Tiger will contend again. For sure!

Rory has great touch at the moment...just ask Wozsniacki ;)

virge666
27th January 2012, 01:02 PM

What about Westwood and Webb Simpson ?

TourFit
27th January 2012, 03:05 PM
Donald and Westwood definately before Webb.

popper81
27th January 2012, 03:33 PM

What is your answer???

I think he will, and may even put a sneaky tenner on him.

aimnhit
27th January 2012, 03:55 PM
I think rory wins Augusta.. Tiger wins British.. Westwood PGA.. Not sure where the open is :)
I really have no idea... But I do hope that tiger starts winning again..

popper81
27th January 2012, 03:58 PM
I think rory wins Augusta.. Tiger wins British.. Westwood PGA.. Not sure where the open is :)

You should get on the multi-leg..... Could be worth something!!

What do you think about Jason Day? Do you think he will carry on from last year?

Marto65
27th January 2012, 04:06 PM
British is at Royal St Georges I think.

Wrong again ... Royal Lytham and St Annes

Marto65
27th January 2012, 04:08 PM
US Open at Olympic.

aimnhit
27th January 2012, 04:16 PM
You should get on the multi-leg..... Could be worth something!!What do you think about Jason Day? Do you think he will carry on from last year? Jas is a great player and only time will tell...

aimnhit
27th January 2012, 04:17 PM
US Open at Olympic. Is the where the goose won last time??

Daves
27th January 2012, 04:20 PM
Is the where the goose won last time??
1998, Lee Janzen.

The Goose was 2001, Southern Hills.

Marto65
27th January 2012, 04:21 PM
The Goose was Shinnecock Hills I think.

razaar
27th January 2012, 04:22 PM
See anything in his swing that stands out? Foxsports replayed one of his tournaments in 2003 yesterday, couldn't see much difference in his action then and now. Maybe his right arm is straighter for longer in the backswing now with the wrists hinging sooner than in 2003 creating more resistance in the backswing (higher right shoulder). Looks to be the same arm action though, internal rotation of the left arm and external rotation of the right arm/shoulder.

Johnny Canuck
27th January 2012, 04:23 PM
Does he win a major this year? Two.

Daves
27th January 2012, 04:25 PM
The Goose was Shinnecock Hills I think.

He won his 2nd Open there in 2004.

timah!
27th January 2012, 04:26 PM
Two.

CanuckBet lays down the first big tip!

aimnhit
27th January 2012, 04:27 PM
See anything in his swing that stands out? Foxsports replayed one of his tournaments in 2003 yesterday, couldn't see much difference in his action then and now. Maybe his right arm is straighter for longer in the backswing now with the wrists hinging sooner than in 2003 creating more resistance in the backswing (higher right shoulder). Looks to be the same arm action though, internal rotation of the left arm and external rotation of the right arm/shoulder. I haven't seen anything this year mate...

matty
27th January 2012, 07:38 PM
Rory looks pretty buff too after an off-season in the gym :shock:

Probably those sessions with wozniacki over summer. ;)

Chillidip
27th January 2012, 08:29 PM
I see Tiger is addressing the tee ball with his 3 wood as if he is really ready to hit down hard on the ball. He now actually takes a big divot with his fairway woods and that is exactly what the old timers said they noticed about Hogan when he used his fairway woods, he made divots like an iron shot. Then watch Luke hit the same shot and he just sweeps it off the tee or turf.

Dcanto
28th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Tiger at ten under and a one shot lead through 14 holes. Can he go on with it?

virge666
28th January 2012, 10:49 PM
What is with missing 2 hours of the telecast ???

MegaWatty
28th January 2012, 10:52 PM
Good to see Tiger swinging super hard at the driver.

simmsy
28th January 2012, 11:09 PM
I hate not having Fox

MegaWatty
28th January 2012, 11:13 PM
Bring over some cider. ;)

Shadesy
28th January 2012, 11:23 PM
$50 sports package... Best thing I ever bought!

virge666
28th January 2012, 11:58 PM
I see Tiger is addressing the tee ball with his 3 wood as if he is really ready to hit down hard on the ball. He now actually takes a big divot with his fairway woods and that is exactly what the old timers said they noticed about Hogan when he used his fairway woods, he made divots like an iron shot. Then watch Luke hit the same shot and he just sweeps it off the tee or turf.

Sean foley is a big fan of taking a divot with the 3 wood...

So am I, but I think Sean may have better reasons,

BroKar
29th January 2012, 12:15 AM
What's your reason Virge?

simmsy
29th January 2012, 12:34 AM
Megawatty does the same thing with his 3w.

he does it as he likes to remove the paint off the top of his 3woods over the course of a few rounds.

MegaWatty
29th January 2012, 12:36 AM
Wanker.

MegaWatty
29th January 2012, 12:36 AM
Wanker. Don't you talk about taking paint off clubs....especially mine!

simmsy
29th January 2012, 12:59 AM
Oh yeah sorry. Saw point.

dave1
29th January 2012, 12:59 AM
I hate not having Fox

find the money in your budget

I had to give up ice coffee, and coffees in town and bought lunches..no probs I said and I have stuck to that and had to get bit more work...

I now eat no junk food so 1 Im feeling better and two I can have foxtel 8-)

plus soften the missus up with some flowers or something :mrgreen:

just find something that you can without....food is overarted :D and so is beer when you have fox 8-)

dave1
29th January 2012, 01:01 AM
Oh and tiger is leading

well done tiger, Im at work tonight so will see last round tomorrow night should be good

Jarro
29th January 2012, 08:03 AM
Tigers driver seems to be more in control than in previous years.

He's hitting everything pretty pure actually ..... he just needs some more putts to drop now and he'll be sweet :)

idgolfguy
29th January 2012, 08:34 AM
Tight leaderboard, could be anybody's. Golf is like that, someone will come in with 7 birdies and no bogies.

virge666
29th January 2012, 11:03 AM
Tiger will win this by 5

He is back. The wedges are not quite there, but his clubs are all going the right distance.

His driving has been amazing and the swing looks spectacular.

Him vs Rory will be Fed vs Nadal, bring on this year !!!

dave1
29th January 2012, 11:12 AM
golf so needs a strong tiger back

watched him at a 9 iron the other night and it went 160 yds and he wasnt even trying to hit, looked like a chip shot

if he gets the putter working watch out majors

Jarro
29th January 2012, 11:14 AM
Tiger will win this by 5

He is back. The wedges are not quite there, but his clubs are all going the right distance.

His driving has been amazing and the swing looks spectacular.

Him vs Rory will be Fed vs Nadal, bring on this year !!!

A promoters dream :)

If Rory can get rid of some of his silly mistakes, he'll be world #1 before much longer.

The kid is a deadset superstar in the making.

MegaWatty
29th January 2012, 11:16 AM
His putting was very solid last night. Especially the two super long two putts that he made.

Something tells me he rolled a few in to shoot 66.

dave1
29th January 2012, 01:09 PM
A promoters dream :)

If Rory can get rid of some of his silly mistakes, he'll be world #1 before much longer.

The kid is a deadset superstar in the making.

Agree

I think he will always have the odd bad hole till maybe hes tad more mature, you cant go at it that hard with driver and expect to hit good off the tee everytime

unbeleivable balance I must say

Minor_Threat
29th January 2012, 11:21 PM
I would pay a lot of money for Robert Rocks' golf swing!

MegaWatty
29th January 2012, 11:30 PM
And his name! :)

BGH
30th January 2012, 08:44 AM
And his hair..

Seriously though, he played so well given that he had Tiger breathing down his neck for the entire round. But despite playing well, you have to say that Tiger lost it rather than Rock winning it. Can't believe Tiger played so poorly in the final round after playing so well for previous three days.

Minor_Threat
30th January 2012, 09:00 AM
And his hair..

Seriously though, he played so well given that he had Tiger breathing down his neck for the entire round. But despite playing well, you have to say that Tiger lost it rather than Rock winning it. Can't believe Tiger played so poorly in the final round after playing so well for previous three days.
I don't agree at all with that?

How did Tiger lose it? He never had it to begin with.

Captain Nemo
30th January 2012, 09:04 AM
I'm with you MT!
Tigers lost his mojo/aura, call it whatever you like but guys arn't intimidated by him as much anymore.
Hell win a few tourneys but I'd have a couple of $$$$ he deosnt win a major this year

virge666
30th January 2012, 09:25 AM
What's your reason Virge?

I like to hit down on all my clubs. It is more accurate IMHO and I get a much better launch angle.

I will take a divot with everything, including the driver if I tee it down for a flat cut.

virge666
30th January 2012, 09:26 AM
How good was the Rock... how good was the coverage . . . How good was Rory.

How shit was Tiger. 2 fairways... and I think 5 GIR.

He was lucky to get third... the US press are going to have a ball with this.

Jarro
30th January 2012, 09:45 AM
After driving it so well all week, he finally saves his worst for last :roll:

I still don't think he'll win any more majors though.

aimnhit
30th January 2012, 09:49 AM
I think one decent win in a big enough tourney, the aura and his ability to win with just knowing he is there will come back in a hurry but the more he blows these events the more he belief everyone will get.... Get to the putting green, he has always hit it inconsistent I thought but was the best putter on the planet

Captain Nemo
30th January 2012, 09:59 AM
Bowdo, you ever had a round with him (in a tourney)?
If so, is he really that intimidating.....

virge666
30th January 2012, 10:00 AM
I think one decent win in a big enough tourney, the aura and his ability to win with just knowing he is there will come back in a hurry but the more he blows these events the more he belief everyone will get.... Get to the putting green, he has always hit it inconsistent I thought but was the best putter on the planet

he was epic inside 10 feet. His distance control on long putts was pretty amazing in the desert too. His ball striking was awful, even the 3 wood left him.

But for mine... the old Tiger . . . his short game was just sublime, matched with his short putting prowess, just allowed him to not make bogeys.

aimnhit
30th January 2012, 10:06 AM
Bowdo, you ever had a round with him (in a tourney)?If so, is he really that intimidating..... I have played with him a couple of times.. But not when it mattered... He and Norman are the only two people that you knew were lurking around or in the room without actually seeing them... The aura around those two is unbelievable..

aimnhit
30th January 2012, 10:08 AM
he was epic inside 10 feet. His distance control on long putts was pretty amazing in the desert too. His ball striking was awful, even the 3 wood left him.But for mine... the old Tiger . . . his short game was just sublime, matched with his short putting prowess, just allowed him to not make bogeys. Yep you are right mate.. His short game is impressive... He is too good to not to make it back

virge666
30th January 2012, 10:27 AM
Yep you are right mate.. His short game is impressive... He is too good to not to make it back

yeah - exactly.

I reckon he will have the 18 majors before he is 40.

matty
30th January 2012, 10:47 AM
I watched the last round. His tee shots were killing him. He had the fewest amount of putts in the group. Still amazing that even though he hit 10 fewer fairways than Rock in the last round he hung in there to be a threat over the 18.