PDA

View Full Version : Don't view this unless you have the Bandwidth.....

jaster
13th June 2004, 08:09 PM
You have been warned....

http://www.pinggolf.com/media/spring2004/ping_doc17_back.jpg

nick
13th June 2004, 08:20 PM
Apparently, a lot of people can putt well with them but wont put them in the bag for fear of embarressment. It is ridiculously huge though, PING are going downhill for their putters, their irons are still awesome though.

Nick

jaster
13th June 2004, 08:30 PM
I would put this in the bag http://ozgolf.net/forum/images/smiles/eusa_whistle.gif

I agree about the irons...hit a demo i3+ 6 iron yesterday...side by side against my 690mb 6 iron...I'm in lurve again :smt054 :smt055 :smt060

Hence the PING man ----------> :P

nick
13th June 2004, 08:34 PM
Have you tried the S59's, they are freeking awesome.

I've been using them for a while now and they are just fluch, its got everything, distance, accuracy, feel, workability, and the best flight I've ever seen from an iron.

You should get a set as a backup for the Titleist's (they'll make it to your bag)!

Nick

jaster
13th June 2004, 08:41 PM
I love the S59s..never had a chance to hit them but I really would like to get a set....BIG TIME :shock:

Have you tried them against the i3+ Blades?

I can get a set of S59s for $550 US (800 aussie!!) off a good friend in the states where as I have a trade deal for a set of i3+ Blades that will cost me 280US $400 Aussie!!! if you count the clubs that I am trading in value ;)

I need a more durable set of irons, you can't beat PINGS :P

nick
13th June 2004, 08:45 PM
Mate, I wouldn't even rate the I3+ blades versus the S59, they are that much better. I got my set for $800 Aussie off a guy I used to work with, the deal your getting sounds real good to me. I also saw pics of a set of S59's which were polished up, they are great looking, but I think that doesn't help the durability of the clubs.

PING drivers aren't great, their putters are going downhill, their FW's also aren't great but their irons and wedges are just getting better and better.

Also, PING are really good with customer service here, they always help out.

Nick

jaster
13th June 2004, 08:48 PM
Stop trying to get me to spend money that I don't have ;)

What if I trade for the i3+ Blades (9/10 condition) and then trade them in on the S59s? What sort of money would I get for the i3+ blades at HOG trade?

nick
13th June 2004, 08:51 PM
You wont get shit for trade ins, your better off selling them on ebay or something cause HOG has to make a fair profit so you wont get a really good trade in price.

So you want to trade your irons for I3+ blades and then trade in the I3+ blades to get a set of S59's, am I correct?

Nick

jaster
13th June 2004, 08:58 PM
Nope...I have a Tour issue Sonartec and a few other things that a guy in the US is wanting for his i3+ blades :wink: Pretty good deal if you ask me :P

markTHEblake
13th June 2004, 08:58 PM
I need a more durable set of irons

why, you being spending a lot of time in the rocks or what?

jaster
13th June 2004, 08:59 PM
I need a more durable set of irons

why, you being spending a lot of time in the rocks or what?

Hitting practice balls 3 - 4 days a week with 8, 9 and PW at 6am in the morning on wet, sandy ground does not go well with soft Forged irons :( :cry:

nick
13th June 2004, 09:01 PM
Nope...I have a Tour issue Sonartec and a few other things that a guy in the US is wanting for his i3+ blades :wink: Pretty good deal if you ask me :P

Yeh, I'd say go with that, sell the I3+'s on ebay and get that set of S59's for $800, you might even come out with more money, it would be hard to lsoe the Sonartec though, you didn't like it?

Nick

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:05 PM
With the Fuji SIX shaft it launches low flying MISSILES :shock: Really goes a little too far for my liking and I think I have found a 220m club anyway 8)

nick
13th June 2004, 09:11 PM
OK, so looks like your set to get a set of S59's!

Nick

AndyP
13th June 2004, 09:15 PM
Hence the PING man ---------->
I was wondering what the hell that was. :?

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:18 PM

Nick

Not sure if I they will still be with my friend before I have the $$.....I seriously think the i3+ Blades are going to be money anyway ;) They already have CSlite X shafts (X100) and I will need to send them to PING to get them moved from a RED dot to a Blue Dot and I will also be getting a WRX RADIUS Grind... :smt118

Have you got or tried the M/B Wedges Nick?

nick
13th June 2004, 09:24 PM

Nick

Not sure if I they will still be with my friend before I have the $$.....I seriously think the i3+ Blades are going to be money anyway ;) They already have CSlite X shafts (X100) and I will need to send them to PING to get them moved from a RED dot to a Blue Dot and I will also be getting a WRX RADIUS Grind... :smt118

Have you got or tried the M/B Wedges Nick?

The wedges are amazing, I wanna get some but I'm poor, lol.

I am probably gonna get some taper tip S300's in my S59's, I haven't heard much about WRX though, whats it all about?

Nick

jaster
13th June 2004, 09:41 PM
WRX is like having your own TOUR VAN access...they can do anything you want and if they do enough (reshafts etc) they will put a nice little sticker on your shaft (settle) saying PING WRX. They will also change the CTP on the back of the i3+ irons to a sweet holo CTP...

http://www.pinggolf.com/wrx/images/clubs/i3plus_blade_hero.jpg

Check it out...

http://www.pinggolf.com/wrx

I might keep my eye's open for the wedges as well....really like the idea of the L grind :D

http://www.pinggolf.com/wrx/popups/grinds/l_top.gif
THIS GRIND HELP'S SHOTS THAT ARE HIT WITH A STEEP ANGLE OF ATTACK

That would be me...MR DIVOT 8)

McMw
13th June 2004, 10:24 PM
i3 blade would bea good next set for me... :)
orange dot - stiff something shaft...

jaster
13th June 2004, 10:29 PM
Don't you remember the song Mau....PING, PING, PING, PING everybody love's PING (sung to the tune of the Goodies - String!)

My father just got a set of i3 O-size and he does nothing but rave about there feel, consistency etc etc So I took a demo i3+ 6 iron out to the range....HOLY CRAP was that a mistake ;)

nick
14th June 2004, 06:32 AM
Sweet, I might get that custom fit I'm getting from a guy in the Southern Highlands or something, get all the specs I need, send them to PINg, get whatever else I need (taper tip S300's), etc and be a tour player, lol:)

I didn't know that PING had a tour section, I thought they just played around with specs and stuff.

Nick