PDA

View Full Version : Another hybrid, a 5 wood or work on my long irons?

The Walrus
24th January 2012, 01:01 PM
I'm considering a wood or hybrid to fill the gap between my current hybrid and 5 iron as my 3 and 4 iron just dont like me!

I'm thinking of buying a Bang-o-matic 24 degree hybdrid head which will need a shaft...I'm not very cluey in this area so need some help about what shaft would work with that head and my game!

Should I consider a different club altogether or just work on my 4 iron? The 5 iron is my favourite club!

I've got an Adams Idea A3OS 19 degree Hybrid 3 Iron with the stock Prolaunch platinum regular flex shaft that works well for me so the 4 iron to match is an option (if I could find one) and I have an Adams BUL 3 wood with stock shaft that also works for me and was considering getting a matching 5 wood...

I use the Bang-o-matic driver (I bought the head on here and got a HDT shaft put in and find it the best driver I've ever had) so was thinking/hoping the Bang hybrid might be a good option but that could just be wishful thinking!

Any thoughts much appreciated as I'm quite undecided...

Yossarian
25th January 2012, 10:30 PM
Buy the wedges.

simmsy
25th January 2012, 11:19 PM
I have given up on hybrids for the time being.
I have started using a G15 3,4&5 iron and then go to my A4 irons from 6-P. working well so far.

Maltby Gliders might be worth a try too.

The Walrus
25th January 2012, 11:24 PM
Buy the wedges.

Wedges are over rated. PW & SW is all you need!

johnny b goode
27th January 2012, 07:25 PM
id go 4hy, much easier to hit off the deck than a fairway wood and good on tight Par 4s also

The Walrus
27th January 2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess it's personal preference as usual...what works for one might not work for another.

I'm loving the 3 hybrid which is 19* and the next club that I can hit well is the 5 iron at 27*. So a 4 iron or hybrid would fit nicely. I have the 4 iron so maybe I should focus on that and if it doesn't play nice I'll get the 4 hybrid to match the 3 I have.

But the Maltby Glider looks like a cheap option to try for a bit of fun!

tommyg
9th February 2012, 01:02 AM
I feel your pain. I carry 4 wedges so between my 3 wood and 4 iron i need one club to bridge the gap. Ive got a 3 flihi (now on its 3rd shaft), a 19 degree A& hybrid (also on its 3rd shaft), and now a nike 5 wood also. I can hit them all beautifully intermittently all with different ballflights, but none of them great all the time and it sh%ts me as i want that to be my goto club off the tee as well as my 200m approach club....

The Walrus
9th February 2012, 07:34 AM
Considering just updating my 7 wood!

I have a cheap Dunlop Loco 7 wood that was given to me (which goes surprisingly well) but I might pick up a bang-o-matic 7 wood from ebay to match my driver?

Dazza
9th February 2012, 07:48 AM
I tried hybrids, weren't working for me. Finally found a fairway that I can hit consistently well, so went back to 3-4I and ditched the hybrids.
Best hybrid type club I had was a Mizuno MP Fli-Hi Iron w/S300 shaft. Still don't know why I sold it....

johnny b goode
11th February 2012, 04:22 PM
the ole 7w huh, thought they become extinct since the advent of the hybrid, twas a good ole club the 7w

The Walrus
4th April 2013, 10:51 PM
And that seven wood flies.