PDA

View Full Version : Stand Bags

Grunt
17th August 2005, 06:41 PM
Hi all

Thinking of getting a stand bag so I am asking this question how many of you have stand bags?

Also any tips on getting the right one.

I am looking at the proline ultra grip, it has grip lok .

Jarro
17th August 2005, 06:52 PM
i have an Ogio shock bag, great bag ... light, has the Woode system to keep the woods seperated ..... i can highly recommend them 8)

oz
17th August 2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I have a a stand bag that I use as my range bag. It's a Retco thing that I won in a tournament once. It's not a great bag, by any means, but it's perfect for the range. Not well balanced or versatile enough for on-course use.

FWIW - I don't like to carry in competition (or even in social golf, really). I just don't understand why I would carry when I can use a buggy.

sominc
17th August 2005, 08:00 PM
I bought a Hoofer when i started out with golf, dont know why just liked them i guess, Good bag, very comfortable to carry and has lots of compartments that comne in handy. But i am thinking about buying a staff bag coz as oz said why carry when you can use a buggy :D

cazandpaul
17th August 2005, 08:06 PM
Cart bag here - why carry or pull a buggy when you can strap it on a cart and ride around :D

goughy
17th August 2005, 09:00 PM
I was a non believer in the stand bag till I tried it. Around my home course which can be pretty hilly I find it easier carrying up the hills than pushing, especially when a hill is 500mtrs long.

On a flat course I don't think I'd see much difference, but I actually like carrying now.

Jarro
17th August 2005, 09:04 PM
I actually like carrying now.

told ya :P :wink:

Trung
17th August 2005, 10:55 PM
i have an Ogio shock bag, great bag ... light, has the Woode system to keep the woods seperated ..... i can highly recommend them  8)

Jarro has my old Ogio bag (bought from Singapore), and I now have a new Ogio Voltage bag.

2 mates with Ogio Flight bag, another Ogio stand bag is on the way for another mate.

Jarro.. repeat after me..

OGIO OGIO OGIO :lol:

Courty
18th August 2005, 07:09 AM
I used to have a carry bag, but sold it in favour of a big fat staff bag. :twisted:
The carry bag was great (top-of-the-line Nike bag with all the features) but my back is a bit dodgy and I struggled towards the end of a round. They are heaps more convenient becuase of their size, and on course you can take lots of shortcuts you couldn't normally take otherwise. If my back wasn't crap, I may still be using a carry bag... :roll:

amanda
18th August 2005, 08:42 AM
Go the stand bag Grant - I find it so much easier to get around New Brighton than pulling/pushing. Only problem is that there's no seat :(

I use an oldish Taylor Made bag - but the dream is the Ogio.

You're a bit more frugal with the stand bag too - no use in carrying around 2 doz golf balls, all your wet weather gear etc when you have to carry it on your back!

BrisVegas
18th August 2005, 08:52 AM
I'm using my wife's Callaway stand-bag as it's got pockets up the wahoo and those little notches for the irons and seat buggy combo.

Learnt a good saying in the army: Why stand, when you could be sitting down? Why sit down, when you could be lying down? Why stay awake, when you could be sleeping? Extrapolating.... why carry, when it could be rolled along? :roll:

Bruce
18th August 2005, 10:31 AM
I just got on the stand bagwagon. Although with recent illness I haven't had a chance to take it on the course. I did find it significantly more practical at the range. It gets pretty windy there and the old cart bag would fall over all the time.

So I'm happy with the switch so far.

Grunt
19th August 2005, 03:38 PM
Got my stand bag today, So I guess I can change my vote now :lol:

Proline Lite-lok, good lite bag with griplok all for $100 :D

amanda
19th August 2005, 05:19 PM
great price Grant - somewhere on special? or is that RRP?

Courty
19th August 2005, 06:45 PM
Can you explain what the 'Griplok' feature is?

Grunt
19th August 2005, 07:32 PM
Well First off Amanda, it is mates rates as my best mate is pro at Botany Golf Course.

And courty, griplok is where your clubs are gripped by their grips so they dont rattle togethre as you walk.

Courty
19th August 2005, 07:37 PM
And courty, griplok is where your clubs are gripped by their grips so they dont rattle togethre as you walk.

That's a cool idea. I wish I had that in my bag. I'm always touching up the shafts after they bump & rub together in the bag.

McMw
20th August 2005, 02:51 PM
griplok bags are cool in theory - but bloody heavy tho!!!
and your grips WILL wear out faster!!!

Grunt
26th August 2005, 12:07 PM
Hi all

All of you with Stand Bags, Do you carry a bucket of have you got one of those sandman thingys?

amanda
26th August 2005, 12:34 PM
Grant - I use a small juice container that I fill - holds sand for 3 divots. Marcel uses a sandman - but I'd only buy one if it was on special - I think the RRP is around $20.

Jarro
26th August 2005, 12:39 PM
i just use some sand from my playing partners sand buckets :wink:

Grunt
26th August 2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah that would work for me but my club has had a go at me not taking one out in case there are no partners near me to fill the divot.

AndyP
30th August 2005, 11:18 AM
I carry around a small tupperware container that is enough for two to three divots.

Grunt
30th August 2005, 06:42 PM
Got the sandman today! got it on ebay for $17 delivered.

Will see how it goes.

Grunt
28th July 2007, 02:54 PM
Got the Manufacturer Details for the Sandman the other day for a mate so I thought I would post them here if any other wish to purchase direct from Manufacturer.

ClubMaxx
64 Christie St
St Marys NSW
ph. 02 9833 8808

Iain
28th July 2007, 04:04 PM
Got the sandman today! got it on ebay for $17 delivered.

Will see how it goes.

I got mine from my club for $10....

PeteyD
28th July 2007, 05:44 PM
Yea I saw em there for $10. Will get one on Wednesday if there are any left.

Courty
28th July 2007, 06:16 PM
Pics?

I have no idea what a sandman is. :???:

markTHEblake
28th July 2007, 06:22 PM
Its a HQ van with mattress in the back