PDA

View Full Version : graphite shaft protectors

damoocow
13th June 2004, 01:44 PM
Hey all - the name of them eludes me for the moment but I am looking for one of those long graphite shaft protectors that you can insert into your bag- used to be made out of some lightweight mesh type material - can you still buy them ? - if not anyone want to give one away or sell me one ?
damoocow

Jarro
13th June 2004, 02:34 PM
don't all of your clubs have steel shafts though Damo :?: :?

damoocow
13th June 2004, 03:38 PM
bought an ebay cheapie - but has a good penley shaft I'd like to protect.
damoocow

jaster
13th June 2004, 04:47 PM
House of Golf Virginia had 'em a few months ago, I think $2.50 each..or something...mesh type material with a little bit of cloth at the top.

CobraSS
13th June 2004, 05:09 PM
Every Golf World store I have ever been in sells them too, I have even seen them at A-mart Allsports (virginnia).

damoocow
13th June 2004, 05:10 PM
cheers Jaster - will look into it .
damoocow

terryand
13th June 2004, 05:21 PM
Damo,have you thought about getting a longer head cover that will cover the shaft where it rests in the bag.

Or do you want to protect it from the other clubs going into the bag.

Terry.

damoocow
13th June 2004, 05:40 PM
Tez - it currently resides in the top compartment of my stand bag with a putter and steel shafted 7 wood - really want to protect the shaft from these two clubs but also need to get a head cover too .
damoocow

Jarro
13th June 2004, 05:49 PM
bought an ebay cheapie - but has a good penley shaft I'd like to protect.
damoocow

don't tell me you bought a cheap Killer Whale :shock:

seriously, what'd you get :?: :?

Golfgirl
13th June 2004, 07:14 PM
don't tell me you bought a cheap Killer Whale

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... :lol: :lol:

damoocow
13th June 2004, 09:27 PM
jarro - bought an as new Integra vs88 12 degree with a penley stealth 50 shaft- very nice to hit [on what barely passes as a driving range up here] - will have a sickie next week probably and test it out on course - may come down on school hols for a hit if you're up for it ?
damoocow

Courty
13th June 2004, 10:44 PM
I bought some online from Rebel Sport a few years ago. Only a couple of bucks each.

Jarro
14th June 2004, 04:26 AM
jarro - may come down on school hols for a hit if you're up for it ?

i'll be in that, i'm on Hols then so let me know when and where 8)

McMw
14th June 2004, 09:23 AM
I went to a staff bag last week, coz it's coming into the monsoon season, so I needed something with decent rain protection...

as soon as I put my woods in, I noticed that the socks on the head covers didn't go down deep enuff to protect the shaft from rubbing against the dividers, and having seen some decent shaft wear from some of the purchases I've made, that was always a nuisance to me...

have since gone back to the carry bag - where the sock is deep enuff...

perhaps have a look at a "new" bag that has higher dividers???