PDA

View Full Version : Does Adam Scott have "issues"?

oz
16th August 2005, 09:48 AM
I have to say firstly, I like Adam Scott. Helluva golfer, and a decent guy too, it seems....

However, I am a bit miffed by his lack of success, even to contend, in Majors. You would think he was built for them, with his ballflight and length.

Is he falling victim to the weight of expectation? Is his putting too inconsistent? For mine, I think it is a combination of both. I hope he is seeking help with both "issues".

What do you think?

3oneday
16th August 2005, 10:01 AM
I think his putting sucks generally. For him to win what he has already won he probably doesn't have too many mental issues except when he holds the flat stick.

Pete

oz
16th August 2005, 10:22 AM
Hmmm... yet when he gives putting tips (a'la Sergio) they go out and win.... go figure... :roll:

I hope he can find something on the greens, I would love to see him contend and win more.

McMw
16th August 2005, 11:05 AM
like all other aussie professional golfers - great ball striker, dodgy putter....
imagine how many majors Norman would have won had he putted better...

same for Apples, Allenby in regular PGA tour events...
a hot week with the flat stick has seen their wins thru...but that's abt it...one or two weeks a season...

pity...

Webster
17th August 2005, 06:28 AM
There have been questions about his sexual orientation for some time now. Is he straight?

Grunt
17th August 2005, 07:30 AM
I know how much it matters to my game if I putt badly so these guys it would be much worse. What is a good average for a pro 29 putts a round?

Jarro
17th August 2005, 01:26 PM
like everyone has said before, he just needs to get the putter going, and he'll go OK.

i seem to recall him saying after his win at the TPC that he putted like crap for the first 3 rounds ..... he was getting too mechanical ... so he decided for the final round he would just putt however he wanted. He ended up holing some great putts that day, so he knows he can do it :roll:

markTHEblake
17th August 2005, 03:43 PM
He has got to many sheilas chasing him, thats the problem. He needs to concentrate on the golf.

I mean he even has a forum run by a bunch of them! Lucky Dog.

suwii
17th September 2005, 08:37 AM
I guess that's why he took that 3 week break...
At least Adam knows his weaknesses and he's working on it to improve...It is pretty inconsistent his putting..some weeks he rolls them with ease, other weeks it's a hard thing to do!!
but i'm sure sooner or later he'll fix the problem :)

shavey
20th September 2005, 10:22 PM
From what I hear, he is in fine form at the moment.. Last week he was playing nearly everyday on the Goldie with Jeff White (Melbourne Demons player off 3!) and a couple of friends before he flew out for the Presidents Cup.

Went 6 under at Hope Island and 2 under at Brooky without raising a sweat. Keep an eye out for him in the coming weeks...

jaster
21st September 2005, 10:37 PM
Great info Shavey :smt023

suwii
22nd September 2005, 08:36 AM
yeh great info shavey!!
how did u know?? :lol:

p.s. for those of you who question his sexuality..he is STRAIGHT

Trung
22nd September 2005, 10:31 AM
suwii,

are you male or female?

rgs,

oz
22nd September 2005, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear he is playing well... It's a shame it is so late in the season, and past Majors time. It would be good to see him win some mathces at the President's Cup, though. It would be a good confidence builder for him.

shavey
23rd September 2005, 11:42 PM
a guy from work is his best mate, grew up together...

jaster
29th September 2005, 09:44 AM
Adam at the Cup with his new irons 8) They look freaking sweet!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/tourspec/pgatour/ScottMBProto.jpg