Jarro
1st May 2004, 04:39 PM
like your style Blakey :mrgreen:

personally, i found that arkitekcha type talk very, very boring :-s

what other type of threads could we initiate :-k

markTHEblake
1st May 2004, 06:45 PM
actually that was the wrong wording

For Wankers that cant talk about golf (becuase they play like crap), to talk about obsessively about architecture..

AndyP
1st May 2004, 09:56 PM
Nasty! :lol:

jaster
2nd May 2004, 09:20 AM
how about a new forum section
"Golf Course Architecture" and the description to be
'for wankers who cant play golf to talk crap'

BAAAAWAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHH :lol: :lol: Man you crack me up Blakey :wink: Great Post...could be true, could be sarcstic :twisted: I like your style!!

Onewood
2nd May 2004, 11:36 AM
When we play 1 - 18 (27 hole course) at Logan.....we play 11 par fours in a row :shock: Golfer69, whats your thoughts of this design :?

The break up is as follows (feel free to arange as you please) and see what would be the best course to suit your game :wink:

1 to 9.......4,4,3,5,4,4,4,4,4 =36
10 to 18...4,4,4,4,4,4,5,3,4 =36
19 to 27...5,3,4,4,4,3,5,3,5 =36

Golfgirl
2nd May 2004, 01:13 PM
When I play golf at Shellharbour, I play two par 3's in a row....

I understand that this is probably a fundamental breach of good golf course arkitekcha, but hell! I don't care because I get one shot on the first one, and two shots on the second one, and usually manage to make about 7 stableford points in those two holes..... \:D/

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 02:17 PM
speaking of course arkitekcha..... does anyone know who did the new work at Nudgee (south) :?:

should be ready in about 2 months time .... looks like it'll be a winner :D

blake
3rd May 2004, 12:19 AM
:idea: why dont we design a course without bunkers, I might get a par sometime.

Jarro
3rd May 2004, 07:10 AM

easy..... Logan City :)

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2004, 11:22 AM
The noticeable absence of G69 in this thread is stunning. :shock:

I don't mind talking arkitecha, but from a laymans perspective. I'm not familiar with the godfathers of design, and how their principles could/should be adhered to, but i know what i like - as a hacker and as a golf fanatic.

I posted my dislikes about Paradise Palms earlier, and they were based on design/redesign. I think technical courses should provide a yardage book or guide FOC, it must cost them $2 to make (if that) and they fleece you for $100 for a start. It would have made the PP day a lot more enjoyable.

Onewood
3rd May 2004, 11:44 AM

We play without bunkers each week and for some reason you still have to get the ball in the hole :D :D Bunkers or not it is still a frustrating game :D

blake
3rd May 2004, 12:36 PM
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/flag.gifthey are rebuilding the bunkers at headland golf club at the moment, so with the new fluffy sand I maight be able to get out of them. yippie

markTHEblake
4th May 2004, 11:00 PM
they are rebuilding the bunkers at headland golf club at the moment, so with the new fluffy sand I maight be able to get out of them. yippie

aha -I thought it might have been you.

i hate the fluffy sand - no bounce, and therefore no or little spin.

Gollfer69
5th May 2014, 08:03 PM
Can we have a Beer section ?