PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sold a house by private sale?

mike
10th January 2012, 10:32 PM
We've got a share in a house that all parties have decided to sell.

We're not in a mad rush to sell, so considering a private sale on one of the private sale websites. Most of these list on the major national real estate sites.

Anybody done this? Any info will be helpful.

TheTrueReview
11th January 2012, 07:37 AM
Nope but I bought a block of ground by private sale once. I understand that (for your situation) you can buy "private house sale" kits, which have signage etc. Try a google search. In my instance, I contacted the seller, obtained details of his solicitor then the bargaining was conducted through our respective solicitors. In the end it was fairly easy.

markTHEblake
11th January 2012, 01:46 PM
Mike, seems most people now do their shopping for houses online, as long as you get listed at realestate or domain /.com.au then you should get as much exposure as you need.

The only concern I have is that sellers tend to place unrealistic expectations on the selling price, and Real Estate agents do that as well in order to sign you up for exclusive listing. If you are going to do this alone, you really must go and pay for a private valuation. Should cost around $300, and well worth the money. If you price the sale correctly you will sell it quickly, if not then it will be months and your property will become a dog,

mike
11th January 2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks. We may go with the local estate agent after all. I think the online sale is more for the bigger towns and cities.