PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames??

aimnhit
10th January 2012, 03:56 PM
Just saw on a different thread about one of my mates growing up and thought he had a cracker of a nickname Tom arrnott ... Biscuit,, pretty standard but not bad. The young korean bloke that one the British am...Jin jeong ... Door bell !! I pissed my self at that one..Ripper!!You blokes must have plenty?

timah!
10th January 2012, 04:00 PM
Nudgee has about 6000 just for him.

Dotty
10th January 2012, 04:24 PM
We had a teacher Mr Bell, who was at the lower end of the height scale and nicknamed 'Tintanabulum' (latin for 'little bell').

Doubly funny with the first name of Hugh, and The Angels knocking the Bee Gees off the airwaves, so there was often the singing in the corridors outside his classroom 'Hugh rings the bell. Hugh rings the bell.'

WBennett
10th January 2012, 04:32 PM
Got a mate with the nickname Pearl - his surname is Titcume.

Moe Norman
10th January 2012, 04:41 PM
We had a mate at college who was from Tasmania, we called him 'Yeast' because he is in bread (inbred)

I had another mate called Choppy because when we were 20, he got an infection and had to undergo adult circumcision. He is still called Choppy, but when people ask we say its because of his side burns.

Other less creative ones: we have 3 brothers in our footy team with the surname Green. Eldest is Greeny, middle one is Bluey and the youngest (and biggest) is called Lavender.

My personal favourite is this guy from my footy team, we call him Andy (even though his name is Tom) no prizes for guessing why!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/36393_403290309122_517474122_4409088_3555742_n.jpg

Marto65
10th January 2012, 04:45 PM
We had a guy we called the fruit fly. He thought it was because he was in to everything. But it was just because he was a pest.

Iain
10th January 2012, 04:49 PM
Chick at work called tumbleweed, because when she first became a guard she tumbled out of the train at Roma st as it was coming into the platform.

Another one called 4x4, cause she's 4 foot tall and 4 foot wide.

Dotty
10th January 2012, 04:51 PM
A gun business analyst at work is called 'Gouda'.

It initially started as a throw-away line, when looking into problems 'We'll go and ask the guru.' But one of the Hong Kong educated programmers, tried saying this, but used Buddha instead of guru. This got a laugh, and as he was trying to correct himself, came out with 'Gouda'.

Dcanto
10th January 2012, 04:52 PM
A bloke I knew who was of Italian heritage (which was most of the town I grew up in - myself included), had a surname that sort of sounded like petrol-bomb. His nickname was Ira (I.R.A).

aimnhit
10th January 2012, 05:13 PM
There is a bloke that I played with a years ago.. Dustin risdon his name was... They called him Baghdad because he was bombed every night

LarryLong
10th January 2012, 05:20 PM
Cricket clubs are great for nicknames

A bloke in my cricket club is known as "Treadmill" because he is quite vertically challenged and when he runs between the wickets it looks like his legs are moving quickly but his body is going nowhere.

An aging, grey-haired bowler is known as "Doctor" for having more than a passing resemblance to 'Doc' from the movie 'Back to the Future'

The best one was a young bloke who was known to many as 'Pong' for a while. His last name was Sing. I asked one of his mates about the name and he said "It's because he's asian". He was probably the whitest anglo kid you would ever see.

yoyo
10th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Got this mate and one of his many nicknames is 'Juiceman'.

Came about as he tried to belt this one girl a couple of times but he couldnt raise a single drop of moisture from her (and all this info was from him!)
The same series if events also earned him 'Driza' (Drizabone).
They were used interchangeably.....

Daves
10th January 2012, 06:18 PM
We had a guy in HR we used to call Mirror, 'cause he was always going to "look into it" for you.

Marto65
10th January 2012, 06:24 PM
We had a Japanese guy in our soccer team we called Irish.

golfbound
10th January 2012, 06:26 PM
Had a teacher at school called Mrs Ring her first name was Athelia we all thought that was funny when you said her name fast "Athelia Ring"

TourFit
10th January 2012, 06:37 PM
We had a guy in our soccer club called 'Noisey'. Surname was Voysey AND he never shut up.

Another was a guy we called Narco. His name was Markovic. He slept just about anywhere, anytime. Found him asleep atop the bar one late arfternoon down the club. Everyone was out watching the game, he went in and had a kip!

Possibly the best was 'Mud'. He liked chucking brown eyes at high school...and the rest is obvious!

markTHEblake
10th January 2012, 06:52 PM
Marty Ayers nickname is Conchita. (Martin Ayers > Martinez > Conchita)

Amy Yang's brothers nickname is "Amy Yangs Brother" - funny as hell when everyone stirred him about it.

This young bloke moves to Darwin and we picked him up at the airport and straight to the pub. After about 10 beers he bailed early suffering from the heat exhaustion. He then made the unfortunate error of telling everyone at work the next day that when he got home he opened the freezer and it felt so cool he put his head inside and his face got stuck to the ice. Percy (penguin) he was known as from that point on.

mike
10th January 2012, 07:04 PM
Played squash years ago with a fella named Johnny Walker. Everyone called him Whiskey.

No idea why.

Dotty
10th January 2012, 07:18 PM
This is probably an urban myth, but I heard this twenty years ago ...

Back in the mid 80's, Microsoft had just established themselves in Australia (IBM-PC and clones were just becoming viable for small businesses) and a senior US VP was visiting the Aussie tech-support team. He was impressed how the Aussies didn't have any discrimination issues in a group that was best described as 'Revenge of the Nerds' cast, and even the openly gay had a nickname, 'Backslash'.

Turns out that it was from the MS-DOS prompt, where the backslash goes after the colon.

ddasey
10th January 2012, 07:44 PM
There is a certain person at work who likes to stay in the office and not go out and do any work - Eternal Flame (Never goes out).

Lagerlover
10th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Not a nickname but.....German chef at trade school called Bernt Warmer, specialized in Asian cooking...

Lagerlover
10th January 2012, 07:59 PM
Not a nickname but part 2..... 4 years ago the touring NZ men's softball team included a bloke called SEAN MERINO, I was the only one who laughed when the announcer called his name.

I was also the only one laughing when I stated quite loudly in front of a whole lot of the crowd that softball is just baseball for vaginas...... Left shortly after, honestly, no sense of humour

Grunt
10th January 2012, 08:29 PM
One of our managers is like daves, we call him the mirror man for the same reasons. All ways looking into it..

Courty
10th January 2012, 08:33 PM
Not a nickname but part 2..... 4 years ago the touring NZ men's softball team included a bloke called SEAN MERINO, I was the only one who laughed when the announcer called his name.

:lol:

That's a pisser!

Yossarian
10th January 2012, 09:26 PM
We had a guy in our soccer club called 'Noisey'. Surname was Voysey AND he never shut up.

Hmmm.

Tongueboy
10th January 2012, 10:04 PM
used to call a bloke Globite because everyone carried him at work. old barber in Quirindi had a club foot so he was known as pivot

Lagerlover
10th January 2012, 10:07 PM
had a mate we called Dick, his name wasn't Richard, he was just a dick...

popper81
10th January 2012, 10:13 PM
Younger brothers best mate is now known as Fan-Dags, shortened from Fan Dangle. He always told the girls it was because he liked new toys and the boys were jealous. Truth is, silly clown was working on his car one day and just let his hand drop into the fan while the car was running and caused himself a mischief..... Sometimes we let the girls know the truth ;)

backintheswing
10th January 2012, 10:20 PM
My brother went to school with a guy called Iva Lowcock. Iva's nickname was You'va.

Cosmopolite
10th January 2012, 10:52 PM
I am a member of a Hash House Harriers club and everyone gets a Hash name. Most hash names are a bit risque.
At an interhash (worldwide hash meet held every 2 years) I was standing next to a guy and asked him what his name was and it was 'Festering Scrotum'. I didnt ask him how he got that name!

johl
10th January 2012, 10:56 PM
pretty much anyone at my work with a hyphenated last name, for example Drewitt-Smith we call 2dads.

LarryLong
10th January 2012, 11:03 PM
At my first job we had a little running joke that we would make up a nickname for every new staff member before they started. A bloke with a surname of Lloyd-Jones was dubbed "Lo-Jo" and it stuck.

2dads is funny. :)

Dotty
10th January 2012, 11:24 PM
I went for a job interview once, and they told me that I previously worked for 'Mr Pineapple' at company XYZ.

I had a vague idea what they meant, but didn't see the connection. Our software vendor would put on a user conference, where the attendees were offered hors d'oevres, then a buffet for lunch. My boss openly admitted to looking for where the kitchen was, and standing beside the door to get first offer of the party pies, mini-pizzas, pastries, etc.

But it was the buffet that gave him the name. He would watch the caterers, to be at the front of the queue and then would take all six pineapple rings that decorated the large platter of sliced ham.

BrisWesty
10th January 2012, 11:53 PM

didn't anyone get a giggle out of the NZ cricketer called Oram?

Eldrick
11th January 2012, 12:08 AM
one for the I.T nerds
my friend works with a guy they call "Layer one"

Jono
11th January 2012, 12:15 AM
Guy in highschool named Richard Felma.

Morning roll call ... "Felma? Felma Dick?"

Grunt
11th January 2012, 07:50 AM
Got a guy who does not like to work too hard, he is known as Maintenance Watch, he will watch it all day.

For those outside the industry Maintenance Watch is the name of the department which is like a customer service call centre for Pilots when they encounter engineering difficulties.

sms316
11th January 2012, 07:56 AM
My personal favourite is this guy from my footy team, we call him Andy (even though his name is Tom) no prizes for guessing why!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/36393_403290309122_517474122_4409088_3555742_n.jpg
This one has me stuffed??

Jarro
11th January 2012, 07:58 AM
We've got a guy at work who hates doing any physical work (which is all we do really) and avoids it like the plague !!

We call him glass arms.

sms316
11th January 2012, 07:59 AM
We've got a guy at work who hates doing any physical work (which is all we do really) and avoids it like the plague !!

We call him glass arms.
And the union earned him a nice payrise?

Dotty
11th January 2012, 08:01 AM
Andy Murray. Scottish tennis player.

'Layer One' has me stuffed, but I think it may involve the old Space Invader machines (or song).

Jarro
11th January 2012, 08:03 AM
And the union earned him a nice payrise?

Not yet they haven't

sms316
11th January 2012, 08:05 AM
Andy Murray. Scottish tennis player.

'Layer One' has me stuffed, but I think it may involve the old Space Invader machines (or song).
Figured it was from a lookalike from a sport that I don't follow (assumed AFL).

Eldrick
11th January 2012, 09:16 AM

The physical layer or layer 1 is the first and lowest layer in the seven-layer OSI model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model) of computer networking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_network)

Basically its the dumb layer.shit just goes through it

another one, we worked with a set of twins that were adverse to deodorant
so they were called Stinky & Stinky's brother Stinky

AndyP
11th January 2012, 09:17 AM
Are they nicknames if you don't say it to their face?

TheTrueReview
11th January 2012, 09:18 AM
My Uncle used to work with a guy they called "Ebb Tide" ... because he was always out.

MegaWatty
11th January 2012, 12:32 PM

We call him glass arms.

London Fog. Never lifts.

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2012, 01:04 PM
We had a girl back home that we called Kit Kat. She could handle 4 fingers.

rubin
11th January 2012, 01:08 PM
a woman here at work who we call 'cougar' (occasionally to her face as well). likes taking home the younger blokes.

sms316
11th January 2012, 01:13 PM
a woman here at work who we call 'cougar' (occasionally to her face as well). likes taking home the younger blokes.
Pics?

rubin
11th January 2012, 01:18 PM
ahhhh - not worth it.

Moe Norman
11th January 2012, 01:41 PM

absolute dead ringer for Andy Murray, its quite astounding.

http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/andy.jpg http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/36393_403290309122_517474122_4409088_3555742_n.jpg

sms316
11th January 2012, 01:46 PM
Lucky he isn't a swimmer. Some serious drag on those arms.

markTHEblake
11th January 2012, 01:52 PM
At my first job we had a little running joke that we would make up a nickname for every new staff member before they started. A bloke with a surname of Lloyd-Jones was dubbed "Lo-Jo" and it stuck.

I picked up one of those when I arrived in Darwin, most of the bank expats up there were from SA, but when they received my transfer notice all it has is "M. Blake" from Qld so they didnt know my first name and the HR guy says said "he would have to be a Joe/Joh". Thus i was Joe-Blake for 8 years. Many of my colleagues thought it was my real name.
For the younger generation Joe comes from Joh Bjelke Peterson and ryhming slang for Snake

Others I worked with were
8 Planks - thicker than one
Showbag - full of shit

Shadesy
11th January 2012, 02:41 PM
hahahahahahaha Kit Kat!

Toolish
11th January 2012, 03:11 PM
We have a guy at work called toenails, so far up the bosses arse all you can see are his toenails.

kingslayer33
11th January 2012, 04:23 PM
When I first started playing golf there was a guy at my club who used to look after the juniors and colts.

One of the older guys christened him Mudguards - shiny on the outside, full of $hit underneath.

TourFit
11th January 2012, 05:00 PM
In high school we had a girl (who was of Austrian origin or something) who earned the nickname 'Pfister'...

johl
11th January 2012, 05:11 PM
go on....

Courty
11th January 2012, 06:13 PM
Used to work with a Civil Works supervisor/ foreman whose nickname was 'Two Dicks' (not to his face), because you couldn't get that stoopid playing with just one.

sms316
11th January 2012, 06:15 PM
I know thisone guy who is the slowest golfer on the planet. We all call him "Courty".

Courty
11th January 2012, 06:21 PM
I know thisone guy who is the slowest golfer on the planet. We all call him "Courty".

I have a really witty reply, but if I posted it, I'd have to ban myself. ;)

markTHEblake
11th January 2012, 06:50 PM
Used to work with a Civil Works supervisor/ foreman whose nickname was 'Two Dicks' (not to his face), because you couldn't get that stoopid playing with just one.

I was waiting for the perfect moment to drop that one on I golf, but some trigger happy moderator stuffed up that plan.

Lagerlover
11th January 2012, 10:44 PM
Rep at work we call "Ankles", so far up bosses arse, that's all you see

TheTrueReview
11th January 2012, 10:45 PM
Rep at work we call "Ankles", so far up bosses arse, that's all you see

I've worked at a few jobs with his brother "Two Shoes".

Webster
11th January 2012, 10:57 PM
There was a bloke at the cricket club who had a nervous tick in one eye, caused him to wink all the time. They called him "the indicator"

TheNuclearOne
12th January 2012, 12:03 AM
Well what a shock.

I come into here to tell the story of an aboriginal guy i knew in Charters Towers called "Norris Wayne Kerr". We hear the joke all the time, but this guy and his obvious nickname were real all of 30 years ago.

Anyway, due to what i just read i'll expand. He used to try pick on everyone when we were at the local PYC on Friday nights. We were all of about 14. One night he hit a skinny mate of mine and we had a fair old brawl before adult supervisors broke it up.

A year or so later he came thru my high school with a special education group. Apparently he'd wagged that much school and given so much difficulty he ended up with this mob. Anyway passing thru with his mob he gave a few of us some lip and we had a great old laugh at him. An hour later i get called in and interrogated by the principal. Good old "wanker" had told his teacher i had threatened him and called him racist names LOL. Utter BS of course.

Last time i saw the guy he was getting drunk at 15, coming into the skating rink picking fights and getting absolutely belted by the guy running the show.

Anyway the reason i expanded is because while googling his name i just found out he is an accused murderer and will stand trial soon enough. The actual story is freakier than fiction, he was attacked with a knife by his GF's uncle, she fought the uncle off and saved his life - 5 months later he murdered her.

It has to be him. Correct Age, race, and lets be honest how many Norris Wayne Kerr's can there be in the Charters Towers/Townsville region regardless.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/12/07/289001_news.html

Johnny Canuck
12th January 2012, 12:18 AM
Freaky.

We have a chubby guy in WA that we call "Fit".

TheNuclearOne
12th January 2012, 12:21 AM
Freaky.

We have a chubby guy in WA that we call "Fit".

:lol:

kingslayer33
12th January 2012, 07:02 AM
TNO I had a PE teacher at school whose middle name was also Wayne to go with his surname of Kerr. He was not aboriginal though :)

They have a loader driver on the site I am at who is known as 1770 (a neighbouring town/suburb of Gladstone) because from behind she looks like she may just be a tidy 17 year old. But see her from in front and she could well be 70.

Iain
12th January 2012, 08:47 AM
They have a loader driver on the site I am at who is known as 1770 (a neighbouring town/suburb of Gladstone) because from behind she looks like she may just be a tidy 17 year old. But see her from in front and she could well be 70.We've got one of them too!!

TheNuclearOne
12th January 2012, 12:02 PM
TNO I had a PE teacher at school whose middle name was also Wayne to go with his surname of Kerr. He was not aboriginal though :)

They have a loader driver on the site I am at who is known as 1770 (a neighbouring town/suburb of Gladstone) because from behind she looks like she may just be a tidy 17 year old. But see her from in front and she could well be 70.

LOL!!!! A few around by the looks.

Wellllllllll this thread is just getting freakier KS! We have a 1770 here in Rocky whose nick would be city wide i reckon. She has peroxide white hair and drives flash convertibles. Don't think she drives loaders but anythings possible???? lmao

TheNuclearOne
12th January 2012, 12:03 PM
We've got one of them too!!

Ok, looks like every town has one lol

PerryGroves
12th January 2012, 01:16 PM
One of the boys had a girlfriend we never saw, her name was BONPA, "bonk only, no public appearences"

popper81
12th January 2012, 01:46 PM
This sounds like alot a joke we had as young fellas..... Colgate or Toothpaste..... Girls that you couldn't stomach after a big night...

td42t
12th January 2012, 04:36 PM
Bloke from the footy club was called show bag, because he was full of shit.
Couple of guys I have worked with over the years, one was seaweed because he just drifted around, the other was aspro,slow working dope.

Ashes
12th January 2012, 04:49 PM
Had a guy on our Contiki bus in Europe years ago who was not popular and we nicknamed Genital. Later nicknamed him Beanbag based on his first nick.

TheNuclearOne
12th January 2012, 04:53 PM
There's an old truck driver (John) from NSW that comes into my workplace a couple of times a year, used to be many. He tells the funniest most entertaining stories i may have ever heard. He's a real lark.

Anyways one of his stories involved a guy that used to speak out of the very corner of one side of his mouth all the time. Most of us would have seen someone of this ilk at one time or another in our lives.

They call him "sidevalve" :smt046

AndyP
12th January 2012, 04:55 PM
You people are nasty.

Eldrick
12th January 2012, 05:23 PM
Another friend of mine worked with a guy that stuttered.
He got nicked named 2 stroke

aimnhit
12th January 2012, 05:54 PM
On of the boys I grew up with was named hamstring,,
Just like a niggling injury you can't get rid of..

Croydo
12th January 2012, 08:08 PM
We call one one of the guys at golf Cadbury, after a glass and half of beer he is very loose.

Haystacks
12th January 2012, 08:15 PM
Couple of guys I used to work with...Simon Bright, known as 'Notso'. Chris Windsor, known as 'Clevo' (Mike will get this one!)

Dotty
12th January 2012, 09:18 PM
Another friend of mine worked with a guy that stuttered.
He got nicked named 2 stroke
When I first started playing, there was an older member, Vic McDonald, playing of 27.

Halfway through the round my partner started calling him Lawnmower (as in Victor Two-Stroke).

dc68
12th January 2012, 09:22 PM
Had a guy in the social club years ago (who passed about a month ago, RIP Russ) we used to call Evinrude cos like him they
went putt putt putt putt.

Lagerlover
12th January 2012, 10:08 PM
When I first started playing, there was an older member, Vic McDonald, playing of 27.Halfway through the round my partner started calling him Lawnmower (as in Victor Two-Stroke). My wife calls me Victa, cos I come in two or four stroke. I have no problems with that, just want to get it over and done with as quick as I can..... Nasty business let me tell ya.

Haystacks
12th January 2012, 10:22 PM
Girl I went to school with strawberry blonde hair was known as '186'...we thought she had a red motor

JADO75
12th January 2012, 10:31 PM
A bloke from footy was nicknamed mushroom. Poor blokes old fella was all head no stem. No homo!

Yossarian
12th January 2012, 10:55 PM
last name Pybus = Jiffy Food Van.

johl
13th January 2012, 01:07 AM
my mates last name is barlow so we call him sets-the

Zeusgolf
13th January 2012, 01:32 AM
Sarge at work called Splitz as he has two personalities..
Another Sarge is Shultzy his surname is Bermingham...
I have a junior conney who i mentor his name is Pup.....and hes a cricketer as well.
Got a female mate with huge jugs her name is Camel or Swan.
Another copper last name Sinfield he gets called Jerry, come to think of it i don't know his first name.
Anyone with a hyphenated surname name gets called 'two dads'

Choppa1
13th January 2012, 05:01 AM
Slow golfer at the club is called ANZAC - a minute's silence before every shot
Another with a temper is MUHAMMAD - could explode at any minute
And, ex-boss of mine was referred to as ANKLES (not to his face), as he was a nasty piece of work and "3 feet lower than a c%^t"

Grunt
13th January 2012, 06:55 AM
A guy I went to school with was known as Victa but not for the reasons used previously, he had the habit of cutting guy's grass with the ladies.

PerryGroves
13th January 2012, 10:33 AM
Slow golfer at the club is called ANZAC - a minute's silence before every shot

On the same theme, we have a bloke at the club called Milo cause he aint Quik. Gen Yers and beyond may not get the flavoured milk reference.

Iain
13th January 2012, 10:39 AM
Guy at work called cyclone, cause he's a slow moving depression.

Another guy used to be dash dog, as when he laughed, his head used to bobble like those toys stuck on a dash.

BrisVegas
13th January 2012, 10:50 AM
Chris Windsor, known as 'Clevo' (Mike will get this one!)

that's funny. :lol:

GC
13th January 2012, 11:13 AM
We had a guy named John who thought he was the manager but wasen't, so everyone called him SAM ( Self appointed Manager )

Dude, Where's my Par?
13th January 2012, 02:36 PM
at my work place there used to be two girls with the same name, we called one of them Big A and the other Little A
the A stands for umm... bottom

Eldrick
13th January 2012, 03:47 PM
this thread represents all that is good about being Australian

solarman
13th January 2012, 03:51 PM
this thread represents all that is good about being Australian

I love this thread too.

rubin
13th January 2012, 03:54 PM
when I was in High school, I worked at Rowe and Jarman (sports store). One of the blokes spent so much time looking the mirror and telling anyone who would listen how good he was he gained the name tickets.

Funny thing is, the name stuck and 10yrs later, the bloke still goes by the name Tickets, and i can't for the life of me remember his first name.

Moe Norman
13th January 2012, 03:58 PM
you lucky bastard, the famous Rowe & Jarman!

did you work with Nugget?

rubin
13th January 2012, 04:02 PM
you lucky bastard, the famous Rowe & Jarman!

did you work with Nugget?

hahaha had to be the most fun I've ever had working. The name rings a bell though. First name of Brenton? or i might be mixing him up with another guy.....

Other funny ones we had:
Cheese - the bloke ate 1kg block of Kraft cheese for a bet. the name stuck.
Rocky - the bloke could never ever stand still when talking to customers. he got so nervous he would rock back and forwards.
Handy Andy - thats a long story that may get told shortly.

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2012, 04:08 PM
Guy at work called cyclone, cause he's a slow moving depression.

We had a cyclone at work too. Years later his son was put on as an apprentice and he was aptly named "whirlwind".

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Everyone would have come across a "Figgy", affectionate for FIGJAM. We have one at work, used to be off about 4 or 5 at golf too. He could have been anything at anything, just ask him!

rubin
13th January 2012, 04:16 PM
Handy Andy:

Happened to be at the warehouse for R and J first thing on a monday morning to pick up some stock for the store. Got talking to one of the boys there about how the weekend went etc. This guy now actually plays for West Coast (AFL).

Anyways, spring in the valley had been on over the weekend, asked him how he fared (I happened to see him on the saturday with his mate having a fair old crack at this bird...) and so got the full story.

Both he and his mate went home with this chick, who was apparently blind drunk and was keen for 3. they start getting into it, and this chick is going off apparently. H.A looks over and notices his mate is having a bit of trouble (if you catch my drift), and so H.A then reaches over to (in his words) "give his mate a hand".

For some reason, he thought this was a story that would impress all the boys at the warehouse... :smt102

Moe Norman
13th January 2012, 04:48 PM
oh, you're obviously a bit young.

Nugget is the man that is entrenched in the Australian cricket dressing room and has been for 30+ years. He used to work at Rowe & Jarman as a boy.

rubin
13th January 2012, 04:52 PM
oh, you're obviously a bit young.

Nugget is the man that is entrenched in the Australian cricket dressing room and has been for 30+ years. He used to work at Rowe & Jarman as a boy.

ahhhh - I heard some stories about that bloke though.

the guy we called nugget was about 22/23 at the time (so early 30's now).

BGH
13th January 2012, 05:03 PM
I know this guy on the PGA Tour who is called "Snake" because he holes a lot of long, snaking putts.

Dude, Where's my Par?
13th January 2012, 05:05 PM
I know this guy on the PGA Tour who is called "Snake" because he holes a lot of long, snaking putts.
hahaha!!

Lagerlover
13th January 2012, 05:36 PM
when I was in High school, I worked at Rowe and Jarman (sports store). One of the blokes spent so much time looking the mirror and telling anyone who would listen how good he was he gained the name tickets.

Funny thing is, the name stuck and 10yrs later, the bloke still goes by the name Tickets, and i can't for the life of me remember his first name.

Trying to think of the bay player that worked there around 86/87, was it Scotty Salisbury??

dc68
17th January 2012, 04:17 PM
Both he and his mate went home with this chick, who was apparently blind drunk and was keen for 3. they start getting into it, and this chick is going off apparently. H.A looks over and notices his mate is having a bit of trouble (if you catch my drift), and so H.A then reaches over to (in his words) "give his mate a hand".

For some reason, he thought this was a story that would impress all the boys at the warehouse... :smt102

Maybe it was his way of letting you know he didn't mind a bit of man on man action Rubes.

rubin
17th January 2012, 04:59 PM
Maybe it was his way of letting you know he didn't mind a bit of man on man action Rubes.

could have been - but i didn't see yoss there, and i had a missus at the time.

in all fairness to the bloke - he's a bit tapped in the head.

Lagerlover
17th January 2012, 05:01 PM

Or he could just be a giant poof!!

TheTrueReview
17th January 2012, 05:52 PM
... Got talking to one of the boys there about how the weekend went etc. This guy now actually plays for West Coast (AFL).

Anyways, spring in the valley had been on over the weekend, asked him how he fared (I happened to see him on the saturday with his mate having a fair old crack at this bird...) and so got the full story.

One of those WTF moments Rubin. Similar to a situation where onetime when I was having a drink with the boys & then one of group (bit of a knob) decides to reminisce about the time his mates played a joke on him by p*ssing in his beer glass. The goose promptly admitted to drinking a glass full of p*ss & tried to explain it away as one of those things that "everyone" has happen to them. Err ... no it's not.

Yossarian
17th January 2012, 08:00 PM
could have been - but i didn't see yoss there, and i had a missus at the time.

in all fairness to the bloke - he's a bit tapped in the head.

I knew you'd break first. Game on lubes.

Lagerlover
17th January 2012, 08:21 PM
One of those WTF moments Rubin. Similar to a situation where onetime when I was having a drink with the boys & then one of group (bit of a knob) decides to reminisce about the time his mates played a joke on him by p*ssing in his beer glass. The goose promptly admitted to drinking a glass full of p*ss & tried to explain it away as one of those things that "everyone" has happen to them. Err ... no it's not.

But the guy wasn't drinking red creaming soda..... That's just sick!!!

sms316
17th January 2012, 09:00 PM
Or he could just be a giant poof!!
Nah, he's just "adventurous".

LeftyHoges
17th January 2012, 10:42 PM
One of those WTF moments Rubin.Yeah, you've gotta love that stuff. My girlfriend tells me that there was a guy in her hometown who was not one of the sharpest tools around and had a little trouble with the ladies. One night down at the pub he casually slipped out that he'd gone to visit a "working girl". The boys give him a bit of stick and ask him what sort of stuff he got up to. This bloke then proceeds to divulge in very graphical detail how he'd gone down on her for such a long time and how much she was loving it.Sounds like money well spent. ;-)

mike
17th January 2012, 10:46 PM
Lefty, what the hell is that avatar?

Daves
17th January 2012, 10:47 PM
As most know we call Ferrins "The Ferret". I don't know when it started, but I do remember playing with him at Pacific one day and him telling me about his then GF. She was an Italian and her nick was apparently "Thumper" (something to do with a tat I think?!), still smile about that.;)

LeftyHoges
17th January 2012, 11:13 PM
Lefty, what the hell is that avatar? If you are aware of Archer, it's the piss funny Pam, blowing chunks.If you are not aware of Archer, what the hell is wrong with you man and start watching it yesterday!

Lobsta
17th January 2012, 11:44 PM
If you are aware of Archer, it's the piss funny Pam, blowing chunks.If you are not aware of Archer, what the hell is wrong with you man and start watching it yesterday!

Danger zone!

Yossarian
21st January 2012, 02:04 AM
We call a guy lubin cause he uses a lot of anal lube.

dc68
21st January 2012, 10:21 AM
Lol