PDA

View Full Version : Africa Open 2012 (results)

TheTrueReview
9th January 2012, 08:17 AM
Congrats to Luis Oosthuizen. It was a good 3 way tussle in the final round with Goosen nipping at his heels.

Did anyone else catch this tourney? One thing that I hadn't noticed previously about Oosthuizen is how he absolutely smashes his driver.

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/photo/tournament/tournaments/15/22/13/152213_m16.jpg

Jarro
9th January 2012, 08:48 AM
I watched a fair bit of it yesterday.

Goosen was playing well but as he usually does, just manages to miss out on the win.

Oosthuizen was longer off the tee than Reteif .... must be the pause he has at the top of his backswing ;)

razaar
9th January 2012, 09:57 PM
I watched a fair bit of it yesterday.

Goosen was playing well but as he usually does, just manages to miss out on the win.

Oosthuizen was longer off the tee than Reteif .... must be the pause he has at the top of his backswing ;)
Pig driver with a 47.5" shaft. It looks that long on TV.:wink:

raidrboy
9th January 2012, 10:19 PM
With 5 players in excess of 20 under it sounds like the course must have been set up easy, can someone who watched give me an idea.

MAZA68
9th January 2012, 11:13 PM
Congrats to Luis Oosthuizen. It was a good 3 way tussle in the final round with Goosen nipping at his heels.

Did anyone else catch this tourney? One thing that I hadn't noticed previously about Oosthuizen is how he absolutely smashes his driver.

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/photo/tournament/tournaments/15/22/13/152213_m16.jpg

Watched the whole of the last round and some earlier stuff. Oost is pretty long, he was getting it out past 300m on occasions and keeping it straight. It seemed a risk reward course that if you took some risks and kept it straight there were some low scores to be had......driveable Par 4's and reachable (in two) Par 5's.

petethepilot
10th January 2012, 12:34 AM
It is also a course near the coast. Needs the wind to be competitive!

looked good on TV!