3) Luke Donald
4) Adam Scott
5) Lee Westwood

PeteyD
11th January 2012, 04:23 PM
You can't have 6 on your top 5.

raidrboy
12th January 2012, 05:18 PM
Who cares it is a horses arse set up anyway.

TheTrueReview
12th January 2012, 10:19 PM
My picks
Luke Donald
Adam Scott
Steve Stricker
Tiger Woods
Webb Simpson
----

Vail
Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Vijay Singh
Darren Clarke
Stuart Appleby
All on the downward slide.

Double D
18th January 2012, 07:09 PM
1. Tiger
2. David Duval - really Rory McIlroy
3. Adam Scott
4. Luke Donald
4. Jason Day

dave1
20th January 2012, 09:33 PM
Who cares it is a horses arse set up anyway.

Couldnt agree more

I us tour event worth 500 points and major worth only 600 please c'mon...

majors should be worth 2000 heavily stacked in favor of majors so it pretty much gurantees the 4 major winners will be the top 4 players

I think it should be top 32 for the year then a matchplay event (seeded event)

match play would be great to decide it. Match play winner is the winner of the fed ex cup not some points system that hardly anyone understands

virge666
20th January 2012, 09:37 PM
Who gives a shit ???

Really...

aimnhit
21st January 2012, 12:36 AM
No money in it anyways

dave1
21st January 2012, 10:16 PM
Who gives a shit ???

Really...

:lol::lol::lol:...yeah for monemt I thought I said something intelligent

just leave it and let everyone be confused :lol:

aym
22nd January 2012, 10:31 AM
Couldnt agree more

I us tour event worth 500 points and major worth only 600 please c'mon...

majors should be worth 2000 heavily stacked in favor of majors so it pretty much gurantees the 4 major winners will be the top 4 players

I think it should be top 32 for the year then a matchplay event (seeded event)

match play would be great to decide it. Match play winner is the winner of the fed ex cup not some points system that hardly anyone understands

It makes sense thou, majors is just the prestige status of the event, doesn't add any difficulties to it, unless you have to putt blind folded or only allow to use your driver 5 times, otherwise it's just another event on the tour ...

Dotty
22nd January 2012, 11:22 AM
Dave1's idea of matchplay to decide the FedEx, isn't far off the mark.

The whole concept was invented to keep viewer interest (and sponsor money) in golf after the last major, by building up to a big finish, a la Superbowl, World Series and NBA finals. Unfortunately, trying to mimic matchplay with a mickey mouse scoring system didn't work, nor has the revisions that made it more mathematically complicated.

I thought of a different tack, but still with the four events of 120, 90, 60 and 30 players, but evenly balance historical and current form ...

Top 120 on the PGA Tour money list get to start the first event, with one point for their ranking. Play the event, getting a point for their finishing spot and add it to the ranking points. Best 90 on aggregate will get to play in the next round, other 30 go home.

For the next event, give the 90 starters 1 to 90 points based on the aggregate. Play and add their finishing position to their ranking points, etc. Best 60 aggregate will get to play in the third weekend, other 30 go home. (Ties can be determined by money-list position, like weightlifting splitting ties based on lifter body weight.)

Repeat for the final two weekends, with starting points re-adjusted to 60 and 30 respectively.

Early season winners won't be able to rest on the laurels for too many weeks, and underdogs will need to keep any late form to stay in contention.

aimnhit
22nd January 2012, 11:46 AM
Pretty sure that's what they do isn't it?? Just use a different points system

virge666
22nd January 2012, 12:10 PM
Pretty sure that's what they do isn't it?? Just use a different points system

That is what I thought...

Just piss it off... it i not required any more than the premier league requires finals...

if you want to reset it once for the beginning of the "playoffs" Fine... but dont keep resetting it. Bill Haas winning it last year was a total joke. The guy just turned up for the last couple of games... the rest of his year was rubbish.

aimnhit
22nd January 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm with ya virge but isn't that how all the sports are... Not the best team always wins come finals time?? The team that peaks at the right time normally does.

dave1
22nd January 2012, 12:39 PM
It is a hard one though

if we reward total consitentcy then we are going to see predictable finsih

or do we want the "bolter" to come from no where..in come ways we can have it both ways

I think the play offs arent bad idea I just think the final tournament is a bit of a let down

Im sticking with matcch play idea, I enjoy watching match play but thats just me

BGH
24th January 2012, 08:52 AM

This. Top 32 from the year fight it out in a seeded matchplay event to close the season, that would be fantastic. Resetting the points is moronic. I know they want to make it possible for the entire field to have a chance in the final event but Luke Donald coming first in the regular season and then 4th (from memory) in the final event and not even coming close because the guy who finished 15th won it seems a bit rough.

virge666
24th January 2012, 10:20 AM
This. Top 32 from the year fight it out in a seeded matchplay event to close the season, that would be fantastic. Resetting the points is moronic. I know they want to make it possible for the entire field to have a chance in the final event but Luke Donald coming first in the regular season and then 4th (from memory) in the final event and not even coming close because the guy who finished 15th won it seems a bit rough.

Matchplay is crap for TV. Especially if Phil and Tiger get kicked out early and it is between Web Simpson and Ben Crane.

I'm with ya virge but isn't that how all the sports are... Not the best team always wins come finals time?? The team that peaks at the right time normally does.

True - but golf is a singular sport, not a team sport... so I hope there might be a difference.

Dunno - I just dont give a shit about it till the last 9 holes of the tour championship and I think that is wrong. I also dont think the prize is good enough nor relevant to the winner or the spectators.

dave1
28th January 2012, 06:18 PM
they tried to copy football and hoops with "play offs'

because TV ratings dip after the last major and people switched off they thought play offs

I think maybe move the last major PGA to later in the season

I also think and have stated before the US PGA champoinship should be played outside of the USA at least once every 4 years (I have stated that before)

Imagine a major in Spain or Australia or Asia

I know its not run by the US PGA tour its run by the USGA, get together please

if there was major in October or Novemeber it would mean the events leading into would be good also as players are still trying to qualify and also trying to get into some form for that last major

do away with play offs. Have the tour championship as a match play top 128 get in and play it over 2 weeks.

The current system is dullsville

PeteyD
28th January 2012, 08:29 PM
the pga is run by the pga. The US Open is the USGA. PGA Tour does not run any major.

dave1
29th January 2012, 12:49 AM
the pga is run by the pga. The US Open is the USGA. PGA Tour does not run any major.

Ok cheers

why not play the PGA overseas once every 4 years, considering how international the US PGA tour is why not. I always find it odd that the game was started in Europe yet america has 3 majors Hmmm money is one reason

spain, Australia, south africa and asia have great courses and would be able to host a major