PDA

View Full Version : Bob Hawke=legend

mortmudgee
7th January 2012, 02:02 PM
not sure if many of you have seen this in the news yet but i think it is quality viewing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU&amp;feature=share" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU&amp;feature=share

e (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU&feature=share)njoy!

Webster
7th January 2012, 02:04 PM
Once a drunk. Always a drunk. Complete loser.

Daves
7th January 2012, 02:05 PM

x2

meh
7th January 2012, 02:20 PM

I'd have thought someone drinking a shandy like the mad monk would be more of a loser than Hawke.

gazgolf1
7th January 2012, 02:35 PM
Poll needed, I vote Legend!!

mortmudgee
7th January 2012, 02:43 PM
yess, top that julia

Daves
7th January 2012, 02:44 PM
I'd have thought someone drinking a shandy like the mad monk would be more of a loser than Hawke.

Abbott isn't a supposedly reformed self admitted Alco though is he.

dan
7th January 2012, 03:08 PM
x2
x3. Hopeless PM.

meh
7th January 2012, 03:18 PM
Abbott isn't a supposedly reformed self admitted Alco though is he.

He's hardly stumbling around blind drunk. Typical conservatives turning it into something else.

TheTrueReview
7th January 2012, 03:19 PM

It always amazed me that this Rhodes scholar actually conned the great unwashed to think that he was actually one of them. He hung out with Sir Peter Abeles, Sir Frank Lowy et al far more than with Macca, Davo et al.

Daves
7th January 2012, 03:20 PM
He's hardly stumbling around blind drunk. Typical conservatives turning it into something else.

Again you totally miss the point, it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Hawke being a sad old drunk who deserves derision not adulation.

meh
7th January 2012, 03:32 PM
Again you totally miss the point, it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Hawke being a sad old drunk who deserves derision not adulation.

I think you are the one missing the point. Turning a fluff piece into something way more than it is. I think the bigger question is, why do you care?

Daves
7th January 2012, 03:34 PM
I think you are the one missing the point. Turning a fluff piece into something way more than it is. I think the bigger question is, why do you care?

I don't.

meh
7th January 2012, 03:37 PM
I don't.

Riiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttt. So the reason for the hate would be? Oh that's right, he's labor.

tolmij
7th January 2012, 03:39 PM
Also he gave us an even bigger loser, Paul Keating.

tolmij
7th January 2012, 03:40 PM
Riiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttt. So the reason for the hate would be? Oh that's right, he's labor.You don't hate them because of their politics but because they are polititions.

meh
7th January 2012, 03:49 PM
Also he gave us an even bigger loser, Paul Keating.

Then the grand champion of losers, the lying rodent!

tolmij
7th January 2012, 03:56 PM
Then the grand champion of losers, the lying rodent!

Knew you would come round once that one was mentioned.

meh
7th January 2012, 03:59 PM
I could easily vote liberal if they had a decent leader. The next election would be a canter if they put Turnbull in.

MegaWatty
7th January 2012, 04:20 PM
meh, you haven't changed much since your return...

Lagerlover
7th January 2012, 04:35 PM
In Bordertown, Bob's birthplace as we speak.

Sorry, must go and have even more fun...

Webster
7th January 2012, 05:52 PM
Bob Hawke is so ghey.

Oops. Sorry that was Paul Keating (big homo)

BrisWesty
7th January 2012, 07:01 PM
To quote the man himself, "Silly old bugger."

Dotty
7th January 2012, 09:25 PM
Fluked it, being in the right place at the right time. Won the 'drover's dog' election and had his mug in front of the camera at major sporting victories, to keep him there.

Prior to that, held the country to ransom in the 70's with various petrol, public transport, beer, wharves, construction, etc. strikes.

tolmij
7th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Right on dotty,he should have been horse whipped not made PM.

AlexMc
8th January 2012, 02:13 PM
Any 82 year old who can down a beer like that is a legend!

meh
8th January 2012, 02:25 PM
Right on dotty,he should have been horse whipped not made PM.

You're either a WAnker or a QLDer. Horse whipped, seriously? Here's a tip, think first (if you're capable of it) then type.

Yossarian
8th January 2012, 02:27 PM
I've been waiting awhile to say this, and have had my suspicions for some time, but welcome back mackjackass!

Jarro
8th January 2012, 02:30 PM
I've been waiting awhile to say this, and have had my suspicions for some time, but welcome back mackjackass!

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh ..... you have proof ?

Big call

meh
8th January 2012, 02:52 PM

Oh, this must have been what mega was referring to. I sent him a pm and all he said was some cryptic message that didn't mean anything. I feel a little like Seinfeld, "i've been outed and I wasn't even in"

Peter
8th January 2012, 03:50 PM
Possibly too articulate to be mackjackass?

Don't take that as a compliment meh.

:wink:

tolmij
8th January 2012, 04:31 PM
Yes QUEENSLANDER and proud of it, why should I think before I type? if it gets tits like you upset I have done a good days work.

Dotty
8th January 2012, 06:15 PM
Yes QUEENSLANDER and proud of it, why should I think before I type? if it gets tits like you upset I have done a good days work.
There's a word for this. ;)

You're in a new playground now. Play nice.

matty
8th January 2012, 06:39 PM
Turnbull can cross the floor for all I care. I think I played with Macjackass once in a ACT v NSW day. Walked off cause he was playing bad and had the shits. Think that was him anyway.

Bob Hawke = shit PM
Bob Hawke = pisshead, not legend.

Yossarian
8th January 2012, 06:49 PM
Possibly too articulate to be mackjackass?

Don't take that as a compliment meh.

:wink:

I think he is just making a bigger effort this time round, possibly part of the disguise...

Jarro
8th January 2012, 07:12 PM
There's a word for this. ;)

You're in a new playground now. Play nice.

What the Dotman said.

tolmij
8th January 2012, 08:20 PM
What the Dotman said.
Always try to play nice, sometimes forget myself. Sure I will be put in my place if I do.:mrgreen:

Moe Norman
9th January 2012, 01:06 PM
I reckon Hawke was a fantastic PM, but it had ****all to do with how much he could skoll.

The attention this got and all the calls about how Gillard or Howard etc couldn't do it, just goes to show the idioacy of the voting public. You get what you deserve I guess.

The next election will be liking choosing the biggest dildo for someone to **** us with.

tolmij
9th January 2012, 11:30 PM
I reckon Hawke was a fantastic PM, but it had ****all to do with how much he could skoll.

The attention this got and all the calls about how Gillard or Howard etc couldn't do it, just goes to show the idioacy of the voting public. You get what you deserve I guess.

The next election will be liking choosing the biggest dildo for someone to **** us with.

How can you say he was a good PM, he was no different from the rubbish we have now. think about his promises the biggest one being
"No child will live in poverty" Wow he sorted that.

Moe Norman
10th January 2012, 12:01 PM
pretty stupid promise, but Hawke was an excellent PM in his own right.

Some of his (and Keatings) structural changes, in conjunction with the good work of Howard - are why we enjoy the strong economy we have today (in comparison).

He was nothing like the arseholes we have on both sides today.

PerryGroves
10th January 2012, 12:32 PM
How can you say he was a good PM, he was no different from the rubbish we have now. think about his promises the biggest one being
"No child will live in poverty" Wow he sorted that.

Whether in business or politics, leadership can and should be be aspirational. Sure you can point to examples of where it didn't work, that is easy, however what about the programs put into to address problems. If you always judge success and failure on absolutes you are going to spend life disappointed.

LowTee
10th January 2012, 12:38 PM
Whether in business or politics, leadership can and should be be aspirational. Sure you can point to examples of where it didn't work, that is easy, however what about the programs put into to address problems. If you always judge success and failure on absolutes you are going to spend life disappointed.

Great words Perry agree entirely

Lagerlover
10th January 2012, 12:50 PM
Without stating the obvious, the queen is a show piece, the pm is the same.
One person does not control the country.
Just a representative of others in his or her party

tolmij
11th January 2012, 06:27 PM
If any one in private industry told lies as politicians do to get into office you would be dismissed very quickly. It is about time we had the same option, not giving them the full term and then try to vote them out. Only to be told more lies to cling to office.Remember it is our money they spend.