14th August 2005, 10:11 AM
Wicked 8)

terryand
14th August 2005, 11:07 AM
Bringing back memories Fishy :smt045

Terry.

oscar
14th August 2005, 11:27 AM
Aussie girl won the 16-18 Yr old world championship.

Some great racing

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 11:31 AM
Absolutely.

Used to live in a house in a new street. Therefore houses were always being built, supplying us with endless equipment to create BMX tracks :lol:

We even had a large banked turn on the spare block over the road. Edging one of the other kids off the bank and head-first into trees was usually more fun than actually racing to win.

markTHEblake
14th August 2005, 01:35 PM
I used to live in one of those streets two - except we made a 10 ft skateboard ramp - kids came from far and wide to try out our ramp.
(you would think that the builders would have worked out where all their 3 ply was going wouldnt you? its not as if we could hide it)

As you can imagine for a bunch of 13yo's the finish wasnt very professional - Lots of sharp edges with crooked nails sticking out all over the place ready to rip the guts out of anyone that came off the sides - and no poofy knee guards or helmets either - those were the days.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 02:30 PM
Our street has a big downhill to a cul de sac. The kid from the top of the hill was local legend - he'd come down the hill on his skateboard - standing up, from the TOP, on his yellow banana board.

And not like todays purse carriers. No helmet, armpads, knee pads, or shoes.

Grunt
15th August 2005, 07:05 AM
I had one of the best BMX stacks of all time on a builing site. Huge mound of builders sand that had compacted about 9 feet high in a perfect ramp form.
Grant decides he can jump off it, silly move. So I race off to get a run up. Hit the ramp and proceed to fly about 12 feet in the air. Jump was perfect, but alas I forgot about how hard the landing was. Bike breaks up on re-entry and I proceed to become one with the bike and do a great face plant removing most of the skin from the left side of my face [-X Ouch
I was lucky not to break anything other than the bike & my pride. I did win peers respect even if it was only that they all thought I was crazy. :?

Fishman Dan
15th August 2005, 05:35 PM
I've got to say - Quicksilver with Mushroom grips.

Giddy up!

markTHEblake
15th August 2005, 06:00 PM
Malvern Star with banana seat and sissy bar.
at least i took the streamers out of the handlegrips.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2005, 06:28 PM
at least i took the streamers out of the handlegrips.

Did you take them out, or did they get bashed out by the big kids at the shop? :lol:

Jarro
15th August 2005, 07:19 PM

figures.

BrisVegas
15th August 2005, 07:28 PM
Pro Cobra double-butted chrome frame and one-piece forks. Troxel seat, power disk front chainring, shimano brakes, CW(?) handlebars, alloy rims... painted kermit green with green and black bar crash pads. I was king of the track, until a little upstart called Wade Boots came along and cleaned up all the Darling Downs BMX titles... :cry:

jaster
8th September 2005, 09:18 PM
I was in a similar track at Norman Park where the council graciously decided to build large stormwater structures with big 10 foot, steep concrete walls to go up and down. Ours basically ended up being a trials track.

Of course even back then I was a bmx anti-ho. No flash Mongoose or Red Lines for me....I was on the rock solid Cyclops Amaroo....twicw as heavy as the other seppo poofo brands..but virtually indestructable.

...ahhhh those were the days. :(

So now we get to the root of where this hatred towards Hoing started...bloody childhood teasing :wink:

jaster
8th September 2005, 09:19 PM
Napoleon Dynamite: What kind of bike do you have?
Pedro: It's a sledgehammer.
Napoleon Dynamite: Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?
Napoleon Dynamite: [Cut to Pedro jumping] You got like three feet of air that time.