PDA

View Full Version : Fairway Wood Frustration

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 08:47 AM
I seem to be stuck with trying to find a fairway wood that for me is good off the tee and also easy and forgiving enough from the deck.

I currently have a Cleveland FL 17* which is superb from the tee but I find a little more difficult from the deck. Most of the problem is my distinct lack of ability but 43.5" and a deeper type of face does not inspire confidence.

I previously had a TEE Exotics Trilogy 5 wood which is possibly the easiest fairway wood I have hit in quite a while with a very high ball flight. Sadly it did not go much further than my 20* hybrid.

Surely there has to be something that is a good mix of both worlds.

Iain
5th January 2012, 08:52 AM
43.5" seems long for a 17*? I'd be chopping an inch off it.

timah!
5th January 2012, 08:55 AM

+1. Maybe more?

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 09:03 AM
+3
Mine is at 42.5" (r9) and even with my lack of ability I seem to hit decent shots with it.
I remember at long reef Virge and I had similar shots into a 2 club head wind on a par 4 prob 190m out
He hit his 3 r9 wood with a chuck (correct me if I'm wrong Virge) and I hit my 17 4 wood, not to far behind him and we where pretty close to the green?
jAT?

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 09:04 AM

The lightweight Myazaki shafts in the Clevelands are the reason they play so long. Tough to cut 1" off and still feel the club as they already feel very light.

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 09:06 AM
Put a chuck in it, problem solved, seriously!

ricktobin86
Chop that sucker to 42 and you'll flush it!

TheTrueReview
No hybrid love Ping? Great off the tee & the deck. 2 hybrid is one of my favourite clubs.

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 09:13 AM
No hybrid love Ping? Great off the tee & the deck. 2 hybrid is one of my favourite clubs.

TTR I love hybrids but have found at my swing speed 20 - 21* is about the lowest loft I can play while still getting enough height. Of late unless the lie is ideal for the Cleveland I have simply been hitting the TEE hybrid which around my course is not a huge problem but it would be nice to have a fairway I could confidently rely on when needed.

BroKar
5th January 2012, 09:49 AM
Nunchuk 170 shipped haha

Leon Phelps
5th January 2012, 10:08 AM
Put a chuck in it, problem solved, seriously! +1 Chuk it, you won't go wrong

Dotty
5th January 2012, 10:25 AM
Put a chuck in it, problem solved, seriously!
:smt046 *

Same problems a few years back with deep-faced Cobra F/Speeds. Fixed with a Vsteel 5w (70g reg) that was used ten times a round. The matching 3w stayed in the bag, until the extra 10m made a difference (usually once or twice a round).

I've given up chasing my tail with fairway wood distance, and now concentrating on knocking wedges close to get the 3 pointers. Trilogy 5w works well for this, as does Burner/Bassara 5w (which needs a little more concentration, so it is on standby for now.)

Borrow either back, if you want.

(* Although, I may try a Nunchuck FW over the next couple of weeks, just to see whether it is the one-size-fits-all miracle shaft, that will work for slower swingers like PL and myself.)

virge666
5th January 2012, 12:15 PM
Don't chuk it

Let me have a think and get back to you. Got some software that should be able to sort it

What have you got and what do you like and hate. ??

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 01:09 PM
Don't chuk it

Let me have a think and get back to you. Got some software that should be able to sort it

What have you got and what do you like and hate. ??

Dotty and I should be playing exactly the same bag setup I think. Actually his current bag is probably my old bag :lol: Our yardages are almost identical for every club with ball flight and general misses being the same as well. We must be TWINS

17* Launcher FL with "A" flex Miyazaki 43 which to me plays like a reg shaft. Shaft is way too long, face is a little deep and club feels a touch on the light side. Ideal is 17 - 18* neutral head 42.5" with a slightly higher launch than the Myazaki.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.greatrounds.com/RobinaWoods0035.aspx

its a pity your not on The Gold Coast because for $99 you'd get the problem solved.

10 buckets of balls and a 1 hour lesson.

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Dotty and I should be playing exactly the same bag setup I think. Actually his current bag is probably my old bag :lol: Our yardages are almost identical for every club with ball flight and general misses being the same as well. We must be TWINS

17* Launcher FL with "A" flex Miyazaki 43 which to me plays like a reg shaft. Shaft is way too long, face is a little deep and club feels a touch on the light side. Ideal is 17 - 18* neutral head 42.5" with a slightly higher launch than the Myazaki.

find an r9 17*.....

virge666
5th January 2012, 01:36 PM
Ping.

3 woods come in two flavours...

shallow for height and deep face for spin reduction. You need shallow.

15 degree and 17 degree.... up to you on that one AT your swing speed, 4 is going to go just as far.

then we have shafts . . . heavy for low flight with less spin... You need lightweight.

Then we have length - i woudl go light weight and a touch longer, say half and inch to compensate and balance the club.

--------------------

So you need a shallow faced 4 wood... 55gr REG shaft, nothing softer please, at around 43".

virge666
5th January 2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.greatrounds.com/RobinaWoods0035.aspx

its a pity your not on The Gold Coast because for $99 you'd get the problem solved.

10 buckets of balls and a 1 hour lesson.

Really . . . that is your best answer...

find an r9 17*.....

Wrong kind of head mate... he just has not got the swing speed.

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 01:38 PM
Ping.

15 degree and 17 degree.... up to you on that one AT your swing speed, 4 is going to go just as far.

then we have shafts . . . heavy for low flight with less spin... You need lightweight.

Then we have length - i woudl go light weight and a touch longer, say half and inch to compensate and balance the club.

--------------------

So you need a shallow faced 4 wood... 55gr REG shaft, nothing softer please, at around 43".

As i said, r9 17* head, find your fav shaft!!!:mrgreen:

i Golf
5th January 2012, 01:42 PM
Nah just pointing out that for $99 if he took his problems to the range he'd get a 1 hour lesson which would have a more detailed assesment re swing analysis and all the other technical stuiff that ppl flog on about and get 10 buckets of balls to get it sorted??

not everyone on here replies with smartass look at me comments??

virge666
5th January 2012, 01:44 PM
Nah just pointing out that for $99 if he took his problems to the range he'd get a 1 hour lesson which would have a more detailed assesment re swing analysis and all the other technical stuiff that ppl flog on about and get 10 buckets of balls to get it sorted??

now everyone on here replies with smartass look at me comments??

Not at all - he is asking for advice on which fairway wood - and you have said to go at get a lesson . . . how does this help ?

It is not a technical issue - he has been hunting for years now... he is just a bit older and a bit slower.

virge666
5th January 2012, 01:46 PM
As i said, r9 17* head, find your fav shaft!!!:mrgreen:

Not shallow nor flat enough... and a hybrid does not have the COG back enough to launch the ball high enough.

Lastly - ball is bloody important with the slower swing speed... he needs something VERY VERY soft.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe I am just a bit better at picking things up, but you can give me any 3 wood, long short regular stiff 15 17 19 whatever and I reckon after hitting 10 balls with it I'd have it dialled in.

It seems to me that most peoples inabillity to hit a consistently good golf ball does not lie with their clubs, its their swing and its failure to repeat, this comes with that dreaded word that people associate with the mindless bashing of balls on the range called, yep, practice.

I ask pinglauncher how many times have you gone to the range with the express purpose to hit this club properly??

I bet I know the answer. Never??????

You can't expect to hit a golf club no matter how perfectly suited it is for you if you don't practice, those who do hit it well and don't practice in the past would have done their practice.

Why is it I can pick up a 3 wood standard length shaft and a 1 inch longer than standard 1 regular 1 stiff and hit them both 220m on the fly and have the balls grouped within 10m of each other??

maybe its because my swing repeats shot after shot after shot??? Why is that, maybe beacus ei practice alot...

Ok the flak jacket is on fire away.

PeteyD
5th January 2012, 01:55 PM
Why is it you waste time on a forum when you could be winning tournaments?

i Golf
5th January 2012, 01:58 PM
Why is it you waste time on a forum when you could be winning tournaments?

me waste time an a forum??

mate I am not the person who has made almost 20K posts in 5 years. Twent thousand Geezez H Christ if you'd have hit 1 ball for everyone of your posts you'd be the one on tour.

thats wasting time on a forum if I ever saw it??????

and what ar eyou upto for the rest of the day?? posting on the forum.

Whats i Golf aboutto do??

yep go and hit 2-300 balls.

Enjoy your keyboard.

Ferrins
5th January 2012, 02:02 PM
I found what virge said interesting and FIGJAM's comments boring.

3oneday
5th January 2012, 02:04 PM
Why is it I can pick up a 3 wood standard length shaft and a 1 inch longer than standard 1 regular 1 stiff and hit them both 220m on the fly and have the balls grouped within 10m of each other??

maybe its because my swing repeats shot after shot after shot??? Why is that, maybe beacus ei practice alot...

Ok the flak jacket is on fire away.Forget the flak jacket, I'm all for people coming onto a golf forum and giving advice regardless of ability, I see it at ranges all the time. There's a range that I go to regularly where after a guy has a lesson off a pro, a guy will walk over to him and tell him what the pro said was all wrong.

Do you do that champ ? You obviously only joined here to get flamed, I'm simply intrigued as to why, does it thrill you, do you get hard, do you actually play golf ?

just
5th January 2012, 02:05 PM
beacus ei practice alot...
Excellent, we don't have enough latin speakers on the forum!
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.

PeteyD
5th January 2012, 02:06 PM
me waste time an a forum??

mate I am not the person who has made almost 20K posts in 5 years. Twent thousand Geezez H Christ if you'd have hit 1 ball for everyone of your posts you'd be the one on tour.

thats wasting time on a forum if I ever saw it??????

and what ar eyou upto for the rest of the day?? posting on the forum.

Whats i Golf aboutto do??

yep go and hit 2-300 balls.

Enjoy your keyboard.

NFI. Enjoy your ball bashing.

virge666
5th January 2012, 02:10 PM
Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.

Was that Cicero ?

Something about making errors and persisting with faults ... can't remember ...

just
5th January 2012, 02:11 PM
Was that Cicero ?

Something about making errors and persisting with faults ... can't remember ...
Correct, and igolf is certainly persisting with his faults.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 02:12 PM
There's a range that I go to regularly where after a guy has a lesson off a pro, a guy will walk over to him and tell him what the pro said was all wrong.******************************************** ************************************************** **********

What alot bullshit that is, are you telling stories to imply that I am that person who doesn't exist?? your a moron judging by the rest of your post, but most ppl with 20 thousand posts on a website are. Ever get outside much?? not.

I never offer anyone advice on their swing other than one word. Practice. But no one does, the posts on here prove that, then ppl come on whinging about clubs they can't hit or slices they can't fix etc.

FFS golf aint that hard.

They've declared in the cricket I am going to the range now, You keep hitting keys your obviously good at that,I'll go hit balls.

Johnny Canuck
5th January 2012, 02:18 PM
Do you hit off grass or mats?

PeteyD
5th January 2012, 02:19 PM
You do nothing but launch personal insults. Life must be fun. Keep going to the range. Let us know when you can take it to the course.

virge666
5th January 2012, 02:24 PM
I Golf,

Some days you really embarrass yourself. . . Ping is an older bloke whos body cannot take the punishment of pounding couple of hundred balls at the range. He has to find some equipment to help out along the way.

As for the above little beauty, I play with plus markers who cannot do the above. Lonard and Peter O'Malley might be able to do it, I not only doubt you could do it, I would suggest you are talking out of your arse.

Personally, I like a bit of banter on a forum, livens the place up a bit - but you, Sir, are becoming a little tired.

Ferrins
5th January 2012, 02:25 PM
Hey i Golf, on your current form you would have over 13500 posts if you had been here as long as 3OD.

virge666
5th January 2012, 02:26 PM
Hey i Golf, on your current form you would have over 13500 posts if you had been here as long as 3OD.

Pwned.

catch22
5th January 2012, 02:42 PM
Wow this thread certainly livened up!
Anyway, I'm a crappy hacker so take what I say with a grain of salt but I tried out some big head ping g15 woods vs a smaller "draw" based r7. The R7 was much easier to hit for some reason (maybe because of what virge was saying with the shallow head?)

simmsy
5th January 2012, 02:43 PM
Leave him alone. This guy is gold. We broke our Zig dont break this guy. Hes too valuable.

Dotty
5th January 2012, 02:47 PM
Ping.

--------------------

PL, I'm seeing Virge tonight and I'll show him the two 5 woods that work for me (and a vanilla Burner 49g REAX that matches the 7 wood).
I'm at Dawn Fraser Ave tomorrow and can drop anything across the road, for you to try over the next month. (Trilogy is needed for weekend matchplay, but you're welcome to it on Monday.)

mike
5th January 2012, 03:03 PM
maybe beacus ei practice alot...

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.Ha ! Just, very good.

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 03:23 PM
It seems to me that most peoples inabillity to hit a consistently good golf ball does not lie with their clubs, its their swing and its failure to repeat, this comes with that dreaded word that people associate with the mindless bashing of balls on the range called, yep, practice.

I ask pinglauncher how many times have you gone to the range with the express purpose to hit this club properly??

I bet I know the answer. Never??????

You can't expect to hit a golf club no matter how perfectly suited it is for you if you don't practice, those who do hit it well and don't practice in the past would have done their practice.

A lot of people here know me reasonably well and you obviously don't so I am happy to respond.

About 3 years ago I was having regular lessons, practicing hard and reaping the benefits even though in my 50's and with chronic lower back and neck problems. In the last 3 years I have suffered a dislocation and fracture of the left elbow and torn triceps tendon. Ongoing back problems have also spread into my right hip so any semblance of how I used to swing 3 years ago are now but a memory. If I hit 30 or 40 balls 2 days in a row my elbow kills me for a week and I now will have to resort to a cart as I can't walk 18 holes without pain.

So back on track and happy for you to give me some constructive insight ;)

3oneday
5th January 2012, 03:49 PM
There's a range that I go to regularly where after a guy has a lesson off a pro, a guy will walk over to him and tell him what the pro said was all wrong.******************************************** ************************************************** **********

What alot bullshit that is, are you telling stories to imply that I am that person who doesn't exist?? what stories little fella ? The fantasies you spout or the fact I just typed ?

your a moron judging by the rest of your post, but most ppl with 20 thousand posts on a website are. Ever get outside much?? not.that'd be "you're" champ.

I think your perceived successful business career is one that exists in your head. The impression that is clear to me is that you failed miserably, went bankrupt, lost everything and now live in a fantasy, which possibly happens when you are a failure.

I never offer anyone advice on their swing other than one word. Practice. But no one does, the posts on here prove that, then ppl come on whinging about clubs they can't hit or slices they can't fix etc.
the poster wanted a new 3 wood, maybe his successful life allows him that excess. You should offer no one anything, other than silence.

FFS golf aint that hard.continuous ability to prove constant lack of knowledge about a game that people have tried to master for centuries - A+ you hit the mark here every time little man.

They've declared in the cricket I am going to the range now, You keep hitting keys your obviously good at that,I'll go hit balls.Bring back a video, just to show the forum how much of a fraud you are. You can wear a mask if you like, but write on your hat Ozgolf just so you don't post someone elses swing the same way that you post other peoples opinions and achievements.

Remember, 86 is just a number, and 220 from the socials is only 150 from the members.

Grunt
5th January 2012, 03:54 PM
I have the same problem but it is more my lack of ability and the fact I cant hit any clubs.

Goldy
5th January 2012, 04:15 PM
Bring back a video

http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/12-golf-talk/topics/48682-rip-it-apart-my-swing-is-here?page=1

For your viewing pleasure.

He's real.

JADO75
5th January 2012, 04:53 PM
I think i Golf's chin hits more balls than his clubs!

Ferrins
5th January 2012, 05:05 PM
http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/12-golf-talk/topics/48682-rip-it-apart-my-swing-is-here?page=1

For your viewing pleasure.

He's real.

Great stuff! Love the first response to feedback.

I’ve always said the result is more important than technique.

And was it a good shot?? It along with many others flew the range on the fly.

I rarely hit a bad one??

I reckon I might get a lesson in the next few weeks, to iron out those wrinkles, Imagine how off chops AB would be then when I come in claiming I can now hit it 300+ He’d have a fit??

dave1
5th January 2012, 07:25 PM
Great stuff! Love the first response to feedback.

I’ve always said the result is more important than technique.

And was it a good shot?? It along with many others flew the range on the fly.

I rarely hit a bad one??

I reckon I might get a lesson in the next few weeks, to iron out those wrinkles, Imagine how off chops AB would be then when I come in claiming I can now hit it 300+ He’d have a fit??

agree

I have an ugly swing thats too quick driver and probably too slow with irons, meh it works

ok back the question on woods

try as many woods as you can lay your hands on, go to demo days and bagain bins and hit as many balls as you can, look at the flight and you soon work out yep thats a keeper or nah keep searching

as someone else said deep face low spin = lower flight, generally better ball strikers use these, head tends to be smaller, shallow faced woods are easier to hit off the deck for most and theres a zillion of these on the market

best fairway woods I have hit is a srixon m steel and TM V steel, cant split them, these 2 models are about 5 or 6 years old now.

shaft length 42 to 42 1/2 inches is plenty

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 07:33 PM
v-steel's are still one of the best imo
I'm actually reshafting a 16.5* for a mate of mine as we speak!

mike
5th January 2012, 07:48 PM
I've had a V Steel for 7 years now. Stock shaft. Will NEVER replace it.

JADO75
5th January 2012, 08:00 PM
I just started playing a V steel 15' yesterday & today, absolutely sensational 3 wood!

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 08:09 PM
Well there you go!
Get on the v-steel train!

Ferrins
5th January 2012, 08:29 PM
agree

I have an ugly swing thats too quick driver and probably too slow with irons, meh it works

ok back the question on woods

try as many woods as you can lay your hands on, go to demo days and bagain bins and hit as many balls as you can, look at the flight and you soon work out yep thats a keeper or nah keep searching

as someone else said deep face low spin = lower flight, generally better ball strikers use these, head tends to be smaller, shallow faced woods are easier to hit off the deck for most and theres a zillion of these on the market

best fairway woods I have hit is a srixon m steel and TM V steel, cant split them, these 2 models are about 5 or 6 years old now.

shaft length 42 to 42 1/2 inches is plenty

Are you quoting i Golfer or are these your views.

paulyboy
5th January 2012, 08:29 PM
I have one of the Adams F11 titanium 3 woods.
I'm gaming it again now but at the start I didn't like it because it hits the ball very high.
I must say though it is extremely easy to hit, and repeatably so.
With the right shaft this might be worth a look?

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 08:45 PM
The Adams LP fairways have the Matrix Radix shafts as standard which is a shaft I know works for me and it is a low profile head. Might be worth a look.

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 08:49 PM
He's real.

He is real, just that everything he says, isn't.

Goldy
5th January 2012, 09:17 PM
He is real, just that everything he says, isn't.

No dispute with that, Blakey.

He DOES make life interesting.

dave1
5th January 2012, 09:20 PM
Are you quoting i Golfer or are these your views.

I didnt read the whole thread

these are my views

Dotty
5th January 2012, 09:39 PM
According to Virge, both the Trilogy and the Burner/Bassara would be too heavy and low launching for Pinglauncher's needs. (Vanilla Burner 49g REAX was very bland.)

On a positive note, I got to hit two large buckets of balls for the first time in about 20 years. If I keep that up, I'll be off 18 in no time flat. :)

i Golf
5th January 2012, 09:42 PM
OK well you lot can continue on the ozgolftalk.net website, after all thats all you lot do talk. We'll rename this place ozgolftalk.net and ISG to iseekgolftalk.com

I've not read so much dribble about a sport in my entire life. With all the talk of specs and dimensions regular this stiff that. FFS your arming yourselvs with so much rubbish that very few if any of you would follow up on and actually change to the club specs that are supposedly now perfectly suited to you, Like I said elsewhere this place is just like the photography forums I visited where people were too busy talking about pixel density bit depth etc, all really important stuff?????????????????????????? Ask them to produce a photo and they'd look at you as if you were from another planet, a photo?? never taken one they'd say, we just discuss the techincallities and specifications of a camera??

Now does anyone think that Ricky Ponting after not scoring a ton in 2 years during that time went to his bat maker and said, gee I think I need an extra inch on the handle, Shave a cm off the toe, drill out the back and put in some cork to make it lighter, or had his pad makers redesign his pads or gloves or redesigned the spike placement on his shoes???

No.

So what did he do, he spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in the nets doing what?????????wait for it..........................wait for it................................PRACTISING, geez thats a tough word to type. he was Ironing out the flaws in his game.

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 09:48 PM
And you still can't shoot a decent golf score, nor did you make it as a cricketer.

PeteyD
5th January 2012, 09:51 PM
That's allright, remember us when you go pro and win millions.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 09:52 PM
Dotty if you keep hitting them do you think you'd improve??

I started hitting balls about 5 months ago, for the first month I only spent time on the putting green at CT as I didn;t have the confidence to hit balls into the greem with all the cars to the right walkways and tees to the left. I only hit balls at the range, then when I thought I could hit them straight enough I hit balls on the fairway.

Now I am at the stage where I rarely miss the section of green I am aiming for, today 150 SW/GW 150 hit the section of green the pin was cut in, of those 150, probably 130 landed within a 10 foot radius of the pin, thats 3metres eachside of the stick.

Oh and to answer a question about hitting off grass or matts the only range I use is the Colonial (grass) and The glades (grass) I will not hit balls off synthetic grass as it is shithouse, there is so much give in the synthetic grass that you'll hit what would be a fat shot but you wouldn't know on synthetic. I also started teeing up the 3 wood only about 1cm above the ground and couldn't definately say I hit it any better/straighter/longer than as if it were off the deck. maybe a marginal difference but not a big one.

Ferrins
5th January 2012, 09:53 PM
i Golf if I am putting in a westerly direction do I need to hit it a little firmer to compensate for the rotation of the planet?

i Golf
5th January 2012, 09:55 PM
Yos there are 20 million others who didn't make it as a cricketer, But playing first grade in Sydney at age 16 is something very few of the 20 million did?????

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 09:58 PM
Yos there are 20 million others who didn't make it as a cricketer, But playing first grade in Sydney at age 16 is something very few of the 20 million did?????

I should call you italk, all talk no proof. And first grade in under 16's is not that impressive.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 09:58 PM
And you still can't shoot a decent golf score, nor did you make it as a cricketer.

and your golf link goes back to 2009 and your still only off 17, you haven't even made it as a hacker.

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 10:01 PM
and your golf link goes back to 2009 and your still only off 17, you haven't even made it as a hacker.

When have I said i'm anything better though?

Hahaha, half my posts are about how much I suck at golf numbnuts!

PeteyD
Once again you resort to dribbling shit and irrelevant personal attacks.

Captain Nemo
:smt024
I'll just go get myself a chamomile tea!

Haystacks

Golflink...don't you have to have a handicap for that?

Goldy
5th January 2012, 10:03 PM
I've got popcorn.

Want some with your tea, titleist?

i Golf
5th January 2012, 10:05 PM
So he can say I didn't make it as a cricketer but i can't say he is a hacker??

is that how this site works???

Seems like it??

simmsy
5th January 2012, 10:05 PM
He's brilliant. Keep going, im loving this.

iGolf, seriously, i may have missed it somewhere, but what is your hc? I know a few low markers and what they would expected to be able to do around a golf course. Your stats are extremely impressive and want to put a few of your stats into perspective relative to ur hc.

PeteyD
5th January 2012, 10:07 PM
Hardly. But calling an admitted hacker a hacker does not lend any weight to your argument

Yossarian
So he can say I didn't make it as a cricketer but i can't say he is a hacker??

is that how this site works???

Seems like it??

Say whatever you like sweetcheeks.

He's brilliant. Keep going, im loving this.

iGolf, seriously, i may have missed it somewhere, but what is your hc? I know a few low markers and what they would expected to be able to do around a golf course. Your stats are extremely impressive and want to put a few of your stats into perspective relative to ur hc.

He doesn't have one. He shot 95 round a track with some water. He didn't realise you can't hit it in the water.

Haystacks
Yo, Eldrick! Tissues...please return to sender

Captain Nemo
Nope, I'm grabbing a scotch finger!
Might even crack open the gaiety (no homo)!

i Golf
5th January 2012, 10:08 PM
I haven't got a handicap thay are over rated, i plan on practising and hitting thousands of balls and then becoming the quickest person in Australia to attain a HC and get to 0.

I plan on being off or being very close to 0 by end of next year. I'll do it in a canter

Goldy
5th January 2012, 10:09 PM
Eddie Cantor?

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 10:09 PM
I haven't got a handicap thay are over rated, i plan on practising and hitting thousands of balls and then becoming the quickest person in Australia to attain a HC and get to 0.

I plan on being off or being very close to 0 by end of next year. I'll do it in a canter

Are you planning on practising on the course at all?

backintheswing
5th January 2012, 10:10 PM
If that is your swing that has been posted, you will struggle to get to 12.

mike

Johnny Canuck
I would kill for those wedge stats. My new wedges might fix that!

Haystacks
5th January 2012, 10:11 PM
Are you planning on practising on the course at all?

Courses, like handicaps, are overated. Get with it, Yoss!

PeteyD

Only if you learn to take the range form to the course. How's your putting? Do you miss much from 15'?

markTHEblake
the only range I use is the Colonial (grass) and The glades (grass)

hit balls almost everyday of the week probably 3 hours a day at different times of the day at Coolangatta Tweed.

Contradicting yourself again. So which one is the fairy tale, or maybe both?

mike
5th January 2012, 10:12 PM
JC you don't need new wedges. You just .... need ..... to ... practice.

i Golf
no it was 93 pin dick and had 49 on the front and 43 on the back , and it was my 3rd round of 18 holes, What did you shoot on your 3rd round of 18?? 150+. Yeah course has a bit of water, on about 16 holes I am told however markfunkandwagnellsblake will be able to confirm what holes and how many it is on???????????

Captain Nemo
=D>
Love it!
Maybe touch base with SMS or m.t and ask them how hard it is to get to scratch and stay there.
I applaude your tenacity but pity your stupidity!
Good luck in your endevours and do us all a favour and go back to ISG!
:smt015

simmsy
5th January 2012, 10:13 PM
PM me when ur done.

Thanks, u just confirmed what i was thinking. You talk more shit than Yoss and that is what you are best at.

Please keep slagging everyone else off though, its great fun.

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 10:15 PM
no it was 93 pin dick and had 49 on the front and 43 on the back , and it was my 3rd round of 18 holes, What did you shoot on your 3rd round of 18?? 150+. Yeah course has a bit of water, on about 16 holes I am told however markfunkandwagnellsblake will be able to confirm what holes and how many it is on???????????

Pin dick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cROJW9Jn3ds

Oh yeahhhhhhh.

I think i shot about 100.

popper81

I started hitting balls about 5 months ago, for the first month I only spent time on the putting green at CT as I didn;t have the confidence to hit balls into the greem with all the cars to the right walkways and tees to the left. I only hit balls at the range, then when I thought I could hit them straight enough I hit balls on the fairway.

Now I am at the stage where I rarely miss the section of green I am aiming for, today 150 SW/GW 150 hit the section of green the pin was cut in, of those 150, probably 130 landed within a 10 foot radius of the pin, thats 3metres eachside of the stick.

Oh and to answer a question about hitting off grass or matts the only range I use is the Colonial (grass) and The glades (grass) I will not hit balls off synthetic grass as it is shithouse, there is so much give in the synthetic grass that you'll hit what would be a fat shot but you wouldn't know on synthetic. I also started teeing up the 3 wood only about 1cm above the ground and couldn't definately say I hit it any better/straighter/longer than as if it were off the deck. maybe a marginal difference but not a big one.

They are good stats.... If you can replicate as often as you say, single figures may well be in reach. I enjoy practice as well, maybe not as much as you though. :)

Remember golf is like the sea...... IT IS GOING TO ^&^$ you the minute you least expect it? What plans are in place for this?

markTHEblake
no it was 93 pin dick and had 49 on the front and 43 on the back , and it was my 3rd round of 18 holes,

92 pin dick.

By the way, how close did you hit that easy 3W over water to that 200m par 3?

Johnny Canuck
5th January 2012, 10:17 PM
no it was 93 pin dick and had 49 on the front and 43 on the back , and it was my 3rd round of 18 holes, What did you shoot on your 3rd round of 18?? 150+. Yeah course has a bit of water, on about 16 holes I am told however markfunkandwagnellsblake will be able to confirm what holes and how many it is on???????????49+43=93.I hope you were better at cricket than math.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 10:18 PM
I would kill for those wedge stats. My new wedges might fix that!

Bingo that is precisely the problem with you lot, you think your clubs will do the work for you. How about you go hit 200 wedges a day for 4 months like I have and see if you can get better stats??????

Nope you wont do it, neither will any of the others on here, yet when I do its ridicule cityand
M
ark let me just clarify a point for you, The glades and the colonial are driving ranges?? yes, can hit drivers 3 woods etc???

Coolangatta tweed is a practice fairway for wedges?? yes?? hardly a driving range is it????????????

Is it possible that I might go to the "range" in the morning and the practice fairway in the afternoon?????

Is that at all possible????

JADO75
5th January 2012, 10:20 PM
how far do you hit your driver i Golf?

mike
5th January 2012, 10:21 PM
I've worn a hole in my refresh button .

Dotty

Nope. 27 years of DYI golf tuition has proved that.

Getting the correct advice in 2012 will make me improve.

Anyway, my game is about spending a few enjoyable hours with three mates. Then another hour or three with eighty more friends in the clubhouse. (Handicaps keep the bets honest, and a winner's shout at the end means no-one is really out of pocket.)

KristianJ
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/AbandonThread.gif

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 10:22 PM
Is it possible that I might go to the "range" in the morning and the practice fairway in the afternoon?????

It is only possible if you lied. "only" means "only"

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 10:23 PM
Bingo that is precisely the problem with you lot, you think your clubs will do the work for you. How about you go hit 200 wedges a day for 4 months like I have and see if you can get better stats??????

Nope you wont do it, neither will any of the others on here, yet when I do its ridicule cityand
M
ark let me just clarify a point for you, The glades and the colonial are driving ranges?? yes, can hit drivers 3 woods etc???

Coolangatta tweed is a practice fairway for wedges?? yes?? hardly a driving range is it????????????

Is that at all possible????

Surely the best place to learn golf at you advanced ball striking level is the course f()ckface?

i Golf
5th January 2012, 10:26 PM
how far do you hit your driver i Golf?

Too far.

mike
5th January 2012, 10:28 PM
Yaaawwwwn.

I'm done.

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 10:28 PM
I see a Gold Coast golf day happening, see what this cowboys packing!

virge666
5th January 2012, 10:33 PM
Wow, This has turned nastyt whilst I was away practicing...

I hit about 200 balls trying to groove my swing. Here is my model and my best swing i could do.

My Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_8K5AwqDkg

My New Swing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVYMM6ZOmE&feature=youtube_gdata

Enjoy

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Virge,

That is piss funny.

I played first grade cricket in Brookton at the age of 14.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 10:37 PM
I'll be there let me know what day is it?? I am always up for a round. So long as its not a Wednesday or Friday. Do you want my schedule now so when you book it I can't pull the pin at the last minute which seems to be the norm here??

KristianJ
5th January 2012, 10:41 PM
Wow, This has turned nastyt whilst I was away practicing...

I hit about 200 balls trying to groove my swing. Here is my model and my best swing i could do.

My Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_8K5AwqDkg

My New Swing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVYMM6ZOmE&feature=youtube_gdata

Enjoy

Shame on you for wearing the wrong socks. Otherwise perfect!

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 10:42 PM
Come over to WA, see if you can break 100 round KB .

Me you, rubin and sorrocks.

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 10:46 PM
I'll be there let me know what day is it??

Are you completely thick? there is a section here on the forum where all the golf days are listed. Maybe you are a little tired after telling so many porkies.

Do you want my schedule now so when you book it I can't pull the pin at the last minute which seems to be the norm here??

Its not our fault if its the norm here for you to pull the pin at the last minute.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=markTHEblake;743794]Are you completely thick? there is a section here on the forum where all the golf days are listed. Maybe you are a little tired after telling so many porkies.

See what I mean Yos???

I just decided what I am going to do????

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 11:01 PM
Cool man, you are one tough hombre.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:02 PM
Cmon funkandwganells there is no gold coast golf day organised, I know my missus says I can't see whats on the shelf when its right in front of my nose but for the life of me I can't see anything gold coast based???

maybe you could enlighten me??

Yossarian
5th January 2012, 11:04 PM
I have to go have a dump. Back in ten.

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 11:05 PM
Cmon funkandwganells there is no gold coast golf day organised
Nobody is going to spoon feed you, you are a big boy now.

Do what everyone else does, read the forum for 5 mins instead of telling us how good your are, and join in when there is a golf day, or create one yourself.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:10 PM
I know if I organised one you wouldn't have the balls to front up???

I just edited that as it is against the TCs to threaten anyone on here.

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 11:17 PM
I know if I organised one you wouldn't have the balls to front up???
Depends on how much money you want to play for.

I just edited that as it is against the TCs to threaten anyone on here.
Not to mention it is a criminal offence in Australia to use a telecommunications service to threaten someone. Fortunately your comment whilst unedited remains on the Ozgold database forever and if a warrant were to be served the records would have to be presented.

But hey, I am cool, what reason would I have for getting proof of threats.

catch22
5th January 2012, 11:19 PM
LOL virge ... (not that I can laugh, his/everyones swing is a lot better than mine)

backintheswing
$100 a hole Blakey.

BroKar
I'll throw in 50 for the match to happen, I'm sure others will too.

dave1
5th January 2012, 11:23 PM
I know I have said some rather silly things at times but never this mad - not in this league

But seriously can someone call the white van

does I-golf stand for idiot golf or imbicile golf?

play on as you where

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:24 PM
But hey, I am cool, what reason would I have for getting proof of threats.

cmon funkandwganells you a smart man you don't need me to spoon feed you.

that swing of mine is terrible I'll admit it, but hey its changed alot in the time it was taken, but don't let that stop you having some fun with it.

Dazza
5th January 2012, 11:28 PM
I do my practice on a course, I'm heaps hardcore.
But seriously, If I spent every spare moment hitting 200+ balls at the range I'd dead set be over it in no time. Always seem to rush myself when on the range, don't honestly know why. Rather play 9 holes casually than race through some range balls... bloody rocks they are....

dave1
5th January 2012, 11:28 PM
cmon funkandwganells you a smart man you don't need me to spoon feed you.

that swing of mine is terrible I'll admit it, but hey its changed alot in the time it was taken, but don't let that stop you having some fun with it.

Umm, err... its not the swing they are having fun with!!

johl
5th January 2012, 11:30 PM
You have to remember people are different in real life. igolf is probably a nice dude but on the net he's just a troll and he loves getting a reaction. We all love seeing these threads evolve into what they become.
Now who's got that pop corn?

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 11:35 PM
on the net he's just a troll and he loves getting a reaction.

I no longer beleive he is a troll, and he most definitely aint getting the reaction he wants.

Pinglauncher
5th January 2012, 11:36 PM
I feel embarrassed for starting what I thought was a simple thread to seek some opinions from some knowledgable golfers :oops:

Tongueboy
5th January 2012, 11:37 PM
is it zig? maybe sven? funny fella

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:37 PM
You have to remember people are different in real life. igolf is probably a nice dude but on the net he's just a troll and he loves getting a reaction. We all love seeing these threads evolve into what they become.
Now who's got that pop corn?

No way in person I am a complete prick...................really I am.... hardly, most days if I see an elderly person struggling with groceries I'll give them a lift home or if they are at the bus stop in the heat or rain offer them a lift home, yep I am a real prick.

But yes your right have a look at the other threads on this site, I am glued to my laptop eagerly awaiting the next reply on how to protect the sole of clubs or the strongest glove you've used????????????????????????????

Seems if I don't whip the crowd up into a frenzy, topics will go days without posts.

I did want to use the name The Arsonist but it didn't accept, please explain??

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:41 PM
Pinglauncher, like I said if you were on The gold Coast for $99 you could have got a 1 hour lesson and the specifics you need and 10 buckets of balls at the range noone can tell you what you need over the net, not even the great AB or verge or any of the ask a pro pros on ISG.

This place is just somewhere for ppl to talk shit an dthat is done very well.

dave1
5th January 2012, 11:41 PM
You have gone bonkers, most of us have a life away from the forum you clealry live and breath with whats been said on a forum = sad existence

BroKar
5th January 2012, 11:44 PM
You do realise that Virge knows there swings better than a random pro does dont you? This site is not like ISG, the guys here play golf together quite regularly.

You once again don't know the background so you really shouldn't comment.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:52 PM
Your comment would surely apply to everyone who gave advice?? would it not?? How many of those who recomended NCs for example are you going to pull up?? None of course, sorry my bad.

BroKar
6th January 2012, 12:03 AM
Pinglauncher, like I said if you were on The gold Coast for $99 you could have got a 1 hour lesson and the specifics you need and 10 buckets of balls at the range noone can tell you what you need over the net, not even the great AB or verge or any of the ask a pro pros on ISG.

This place is just somewhere for ppl to talk shit an dthat is done very well.

I was responding to this comment

Dotty
6th January 2012, 12:06 AM
At least two posters recommended against Nunchucks.

I did try a Nunchuck tonight in a 44" driver. I can see why there is the hype about it.
But it ain't the best for me, and definitely not going to help the subject of this thread.

markTHEblake
6th January 2012, 12:08 AM
I have got a couple of Nunchuks, they come in very handy.

i Golf
6th January 2012, 12:09 AM
What was this thread about again?? I forgot??

anyway its late I am off to bed, play will resume again at 9am AEST

i Golf
6th January 2012, 12:10 AM
I have got a couple of Nunchuks, they come in very handy.

is that some type of threat by way of innuendo????

Johnny Canuck
6th January 2012, 12:15 AM

We had a guy do it at KBay a few years back. Got his first cap, played off scratch.

You stated that you used to play some course every day 25 years ago. How is a 26 year span going to be quick to get to 0?

Shadesy
6th January 2012, 12:35 AM

What about in Perth? What's your name, I'll ask my mates who played in Sydney about you! We can talk golf and cricket and I can learn to hit 85% of my wedges close and still not have a handicap!

Shadesy
6th January 2012, 12:38 AM

Anyone else see the irony in this post?

If a handicap is overrated then being off scratch won't be an achievement will it?

TheNuclearOne
6th January 2012, 12:41 AM
I know I have said some rather silly things at times but never this mad - not in this league

But seriously can someone call the white van

does I-golf stand for idiot golf or imbicile golf?

play on as you where

Surprised he didn't pick you up on that one :mrgreen:

Saw a guy abuse another the other day on a forum, told him he'd never seen anyone show so much stupidly :lol:

Classic.

Pieface
6th January 2012, 12:51 AM
Anyone else see the irony in this post?

If a handicap is overrated then being off scratch won't be an achievement will it?

You gotta beat 300 balls a day with that irony Shadesy or you just won't be able to hit it inside 10' every time.

dave1
6th January 2012, 12:55 AM
Surprised he didn't pick you up on that one :mrgreen:

Saw a guy abuse another the other day on a forum, told him he'd never seen anyone show so much stupidly :lol:

Classic.

I'm posting at work, this darn computer wont let me dowload the spell check :lol:

in between dealing with crazy people I need a break hey!!

anyways you nose wat I meenz A mate!! :mrgreen:

TheNuclearOne
6th January 2012, 01:12 AM
I'm posting at work, this darn computer wont let me dowload the spell check :lol:

in between dealing with crazy people I need a break hey!!

anyways you nose wat I meenz A mate!! :mrgreen:

Why would you need spell check for that word :mrgreen:

Yeah, i follow for sure mate.