PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help with choosing a putter

Tank33
4th January 2012, 07:22 PM
I am seeking some advice.
I have used two different types of putters.

First, Odyssey 2-ball SRT, Black series 2-Ball Blade – Great alignment help and good for short putts but anything over 20 feet I have difficulty with speed. All long putts left well short of the hole. I don’t like the soft feel either.

Second, SC California Monterey similar to SS newport 2 – Great speed control, all long putts end up somewhere inside 3 feet. Love the feel of the impact. HOWEVER, I’m having so much difficulty with short putts less than 4 feet long. I tend to push most of the putts and if I try to compensate I’d end up pulling the putt.

Which putter would bring me the best of the above two putters?
SC Fastback 1.5?

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

dc68
4th January 2012, 07:55 PM
Practice. And keep using the Monterey!!!

Lobsta
4th January 2012, 08:01 PM
Both! Welded end to end!

Croydo
4th January 2012, 08:12 PM
Maybe try a sc studio select squareback no 2 it's got the same neck as the Monterey, and I find mine easy to line up. Another thing you could do I'd you have an iPhone is make up a cradle and download the iping app, that will tell you a bit about your putting stroke and help you work out what style of putter suits your stroke.

i Golf
4th January 2012, 08:59 PM
2 things one is a definate the other is a maybe.

1 practice, simple as that familliarity will breed confidence and feel. Even half an hour a day for a week will see you become a better putter.

2 Maybe it the ball your using, I have found that I can make what I think is the same stroke with different balls and they'll all go varying distances over a 12 foot roll it might be 3 foot difference amongst the balls. But if I hit 5 putts with the same brand/type of ball they all be grouped much closer usually within 2 feet of each other.

Food for thought?

Haystacks
4th January 2012, 09:09 PM
Hey Tank, I have a two ball SRT white steel (not blade) if your interested...not the soft feel of the black series

Dotty
4th January 2012, 09:37 PM
Yes Christina (my weapon) or the original Yes Tracy. (Not the 2 or the 3.)

Double bend shaft of the Odyssey, with a solid face and head shape similar to the Monterey. (Double bend put the hands in line with the ball.)

Not just Yes, as most manufacturers will have a Anser-type head with a double-bend shaft.

3oneday
5th January 2012, 07:58 AM
http://www.toptechgolf.com/index.php?page=about&sub=parallax

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 09:04 AM
Get a bulls eye and putt both ways like Notah Bogay used too!!!:mrgreen:

davepuppies
5th January 2012, 10:03 AM
If you are pushing your short putts, maybe something with more toe hang? a del mar?

Captain Nemo
5th January 2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcmOGFawQeo&feature=youtu.be