PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Sureshotgps (ss9000x) to my golf bag.

dooby
4th January 2012, 01:30 PM
Hi all ive just bought one and of course it doesnt come with much of a clip for mounting to my buggey or my bag, ive had a look at their site and they want $39 for the buggy clip plus $ 20 Shipping, and i reckon thats a fair rip off considering what it is that they are supplying and sending.
So to get around it ive ordered something along these line for the buggy http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bicycle-Bike-Universal-Phone-Handlebar-Mount-Holder-Cradle-HTC-Sensation-4G-/170751711206?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item27c19857e6 but havent come up with a workable solution for the bag, has anyone thats got one found a good solution as im paranoid its going to drop off my bag if im going somewhere thats its going to be a pain to bring my buggy?

Dotty
4th January 2012, 01:56 PM
Does it have a belt clip?

I've got a 8850 and mount it at the top of my bag, by using the belt clip on the broad nylon buggy strap that holds the bag.

Bucks71
5th January 2012, 09:28 AM
i bought their universal mounting device for this from house of golf during boxing day sales. think it cost around the $28 mark. had to get longer screws from bunnings to fit to my buggy handle.

pt73
5th January 2012, 02:14 PM
I bought one of these and it works great on any buggy or cart.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Golf-/1513/i.html?_catref=1&_ssn=buchner5201&_trksid=p3911.c0.m1538

BTW, I have a Sonocaddie V300 so it clips to the mount via the round belt clip thing on the back.

sms316
5th January 2012, 02:26 PM
No idea if the ss9000x comes with a cover but this works well when I carry or use a buggy. Always a little concerned that my unit could get dislodged so a simple solution works well for peace of mind.

Dotty
5th January 2012, 02:54 PM
No idea if the ss9000x comes with a cover but this works well when I carry or use a buggy. Always a little concerned that my unit could get dislodged so a simple solution works well for peace of mind.

Prince Albert?

dooby
29th January 2012, 07:43 AM
Im not that thrilled with the device to say the least, they seem to have only just released software that allows you to manually download courses, which is atleast one month behind the device being on the market ( im still unable to download courses that have been measured out by other players ). Played 2 rounds one at Portsea the other at Kingston Heath. Portsea was out by about 100 meters on one hole because they had changed the course and i wasnt able to get an updated version due to the software issue. The other at Kingston Heath, the last 2 holes were 999 meters ( there was a very very light drizzle ). Added to the software not appearing in add remove programs, not bothering to remove redundant drivers from new software releases and not bothering to atleast have it create shortcuts in program files, like every other bit of software since 1982 is just really really poor in my view. If i knew these issues before buying it i certainly would not have bothered.

As for the clip i cut a small slit in my bag so the bottom of the clip would go through it to make it very difficult for it to dislodge and for my buggy i bought something along the lines of this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Bicycle-Bike-Cell-Phone-PDA-GPS-Holder-Mount-/290609138419?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Parts&hash=item43a9a78af3 ( for those that cant bothered looking at the link its a universal phone holder that mounts to bike handle bars that costs about $8 delivered.)