PDA

View Full Version : Callaway 3 wood

backintheswing
3rd January 2012, 10:50 AM
I have recently acquired a Callaway FT Tour driver. I am really liking it.

What are the better Callaway 3 woods. Was thinking of the Razr Hawk. Has anyone hit one?

popper81
3rd January 2012, 11:05 AM
I grabbed a RAZR 3 wood off here a couple of weeks ago. Had previously owned the driver and so far have found the three wood has very similar characteristics to what I found with the driver..

I think it sits well at address and is a little more forgiving on the miss hits than 910fd I have.. The razr is 15* and 910 13.5* but I haven't noticed major difference in length difference, maybe suggesting it is a good 3 wood for distance, or a reflection of how badly I hit the 910.

backintheswing
3rd January 2012, 11:13 AM
I grabbed a RAZR 3 wood off here a couple of weeks ago. Had previously owned the driver and so far have found the three wood has very similar characteristics to what I found with the driver..

I think it sits well at address and is a little more forgiving on the miss hits than 910fd I have.. The razr is 15* and 910 13.5* but I haven't noticed major difference in length difference, maybe suggesting it is a good 3 wood for distance, or a reflection of how badly I hit the 910.

What shaft is in it?

virge666
3rd January 2012, 11:18 AM
Go and hit all three and find the one that goes the highest...

that is the best 3 wood.

popper81
3rd January 2012, 11:51 AM
What shaft is in it? Trying something different... It the AD MD 6, pretty light shaft really but so far has improved my carry, the desired result.

yoyo
3rd January 2012, 01:59 PM
I have the cally FTiz 3 and its super easy to hit, long and straight. I really like it.