PDA

View Full Version : Solutions to club counterfeiters???

i Golf
31st December 2011, 09:14 PM
I like most ppl love spending money on stuff I don't need, however I wont drop coin on counterfeit rubbish but how can you tell? generally you can't. So I put my thinking cap on to try and solve another of the worlds problems, and by jingo I think I did it.

How's this sound.

When you buy a set of XYZ from a seller be it online or in person each club has its own barcode which is coded to relate to every other club in the set, each club has 2 peel off sticker bar codes, you peel one off and attach it to the authenticating card so stick you 3 iron bar code on the 3 iron spot on the card and do this with all the clubs, once you have attached all the stickers to the card you post it off to XYZ authenticating department, they simply scan the codes on the card and confirm that the products are indeed genuine.

Now, here is the kicker. Lets say every club manafacturer banded together and agreed to increase the wholsale price of a set by $50 or more the seller sells it for $50 more and when you send your card off to be authenticated, the company sends you back a certificate of authenticity and they send you back a cheque for $50 if your clubs ar enot genuine as the serial numbers you sent aren't in the data base, you get a letter advising you that they are not genuine.

So you still effectively pay the normal price after your rebate. some ppl wouldn't bother to send it in others will. The increase costs XYZ would suffer would be more than offset by the increase in sales of their clubs?? No way the counterfieters will do this if you have to send your card to Shenzen Province China you'd know straight away its not the real deal?

Then those who bought CF clubs can try and get their money back or are stuck with them as when they try to offload them they wont have a cirt of authenticity.

This IMO would put a complete end to crap golf gear dished out of China hell other companies that are subject to counterfeiters could also adopt it, if it were advertised on Tv in print and in and a concerted effort were made to make ppl aware of it.

Surely there is a way to end this??

TheTrueReview
31st December 2011, 09:20 PM
... Now, .... Lets say every club manafacturer banded together and agreed to increase the wholsale price of a set by $50 or more, the seller sells it for $50 more ...

The ACCC might become a tad interested in collusive arrangements between companies.

i Golf
31st December 2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah but if they do it under the premise of eliminating CF goods the ACCC who is always on the look out for CF goods and sellers, might say yes approved it not collusion as in setting minimun prices and the company is rebating the invrease cost so its not as if they ar eprice gouging?

If the ACCC said no would that indicate that they are OK with CF goods and knock off shops in China flooding the world with absolute rubbish, after all what has the ACCC done or inititives have they under taken to stop CF goods.

SFA from what I see

TheTrueReview
31st December 2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah but if they do it under the premise of eliminating CF goods the ACCC who is always on the look out for CF goods and sellers, might say yes approved it not collusion as in setting minimun prices and the company is rebating the invrease cost so its not as if they ar eprice gouging?

If the ACCC said no would that indicate that they are OK with CF goods and knock off shops in China flooding the world with absolute rubbish, after all what has the ACCC done or inititives have they under taken to stop CF goods.

SFA from what I see

Come now Dorothy. Time to look up the ACCC website for an understanding of what it does or head back to Kansas.

http://thedailypump.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ruby-slippers-wizard-of-oz.jpg

i Golf
31st December 2011, 09:36 PM
Cmon you know as well as the other 20 million ppl in this backward country knows how useless the toothlees tiger sorry ACCC is.

TheTrueReview
31st December 2011, 10:56 PM
I think this thread just crash-landed.

http://travel.smart-guide.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Burning-plane.jpg

Yossarian
1st January 2012, 02:56 PM
i golf, I now see why you were so successful in business and retired so early.

Jarro
1st January 2012, 03:05 PM
He's a very, very clever man.

Croydo
1st January 2012, 03:05 PM
I golf, solving the world's problems one at time.

Jarro
1st January 2012, 03:07 PM
I hope he continues to use his powers for good and not evil

i Golf
1st January 2012, 03:33 PM
Most of todays problems are very easy to solve, however most people find it too easy to sit back do nothing and then complain about it.

Problems aren't hard to solve, however we get fed a heap of almost semi beleivable bullshit and sit back do nothing, yet nothing will change.

Yos, yes mate I am succesful don't know too many other 40 year olds, who own their own home outright, have a succesfull business that turns over 120K plus a year for 4-5 hours work 2 days a week, yep an 10 hour week at most.

There are easy ways to solve issues, lets look at the health system what a diabolical mess it is waiting lists that stretch years and years, Yet the Gov will come out and say they plan on cutting those lists in half, they don't mention that peoples ops want be done in hlaf the time, thats impossible. To do more ops you need more staff.

Here is how you could solve the hospital woes. To do more surgeries you have to have what?? more beds more doctors more nurses more orthapedic surgeons etc. But who can afford a 6 year degree on austudy?? not many ppl.

So The Qld health service says, we will provide you with a free degree in a chosen medical field, we will pay you a $500 tax free a week allowance so you can afford to do the degree, once your qualified you will work where we need you to work and you'll be contracted to work were we tell you to work for 7 years, in that time you will repay a % of the allowance you recieved, say 50%, (after all you just got 200 grand tax free and a degree) after 7 years you can work where jobs are availible, however you will still repay a for another 8 years a 50% of the free degree you got. (most health professional like anethetists orthopedic surgeons etc have a 100K+ salary so they can afford to replay it)

So the bebefits are, Qld health gets the staff it needs where it needs them, The uni student gets a degree and an income to live on and a guarateed job for basically life. If they leave the health service they have a pro rata debt that will need to be repaid, far better than whats on offer today.

I looked into doing a radiography degree 3 years ago, 6 years at uni on $280 a week austudy and having to try and find part time work to survive, Its just nigh on impossible to do, so I went and bought a business instead.

Plenty of easy solutions to fix problems, you just have to have a bit of athink about them.

now heres a doozy, we all know jehovas witnesses refuse blood transfusions right??

So why are they admitted to hospital taking up emergency ward and intensive care beds when they can not be operated on for the need of a transfusion?? whilst those who need the bed die whilst waiting or sit in ambulances a waiting for a bed?

Why hasn't the gold coast got a night driving range like what you see in Japan?? or a night flood lit golf course, what a spectacular setup that would be.

Why hasn't the gold coast got an indoor ski park like in Dubai??

So many whys, but very little answers?????

I reckon I could solve most of the problems in the country and most of you could too if you thought about them??

Housing and homlesness is easy to solve, but we'll save that for another day.

Yossarian
1st January 2012, 03:37 PM
Your humility is what impresses me most.

If you have the know how and the resources why not run for office? Fix this place up. As it is going to the dogs.

Dotty
1st January 2012, 03:38 PM
Or just bring back National Service.

We didn't have any of these problems, when Menzies was PM.

MegaWatty
1st January 2012, 03:39 PM
Your humility is what impresses me most. If you have the know how and the resources why not run for office? Fix this place up. As it is going to the dogs. Yup. Ozgolf went to the dogs when Henno bailed.

3oneday
1st January 2012, 06:05 PM
120k turnover ? I do that every year in the pro shop here.

Jarro
1st January 2012, 06:07 PM
120k turnover ? I do that every year in the pro shop here.

Thanks Santa :mrgreen:

hopeihitstraight
1st January 2012, 06:19 PM
You will have to shut down China to get rid of half the stuff. If customs allows it in, it will be here for a long time to come.

i Golf
1st January 2012, 06:52 PM
I just finished reading a piece on industrial espionage and corpoarate intellectual property theft.

seems that the chinese governemnt has hacked into almost all the major western world corporations and stolen all of their design and production data, allowing the Chinese to produce goods which are identical in form and composition that that made by companies who've spent 10s of millions on R&D.

So those $80 wedges made in China are a good chance of playing and feeling identical to the real deal, Here we have a massive problem, it is the same as China producing US currency by the billions, Currency counterfeiting by China is costing at a low end estimate 250 billion dollars a year, christ knows what other currency they counterfeit.

So what do we do????

it is clear to me that companies are being done over by the people they tried to do over, never cheat a cheater as they say. Companies saw an opportunnity to move their production to China at 1/100th the cost of doing it in a western country to make billions more in profit, now those companies are leaking sales at every orifice and in time will see many of these companies fold.

So, I think what needs to be done is 1, stop going to China for production, stop buying the garbage that comes out of China, Geezuz christ almost every item you buy from China is a cheap nasty bit of crap nothing lasts more than a few weeks.

To stop the importation of CF goods, surely you could have a database of all authentic production houses for companies and when a shipment of Nikes comes in, if it hasn't been shipped from the port that it should come from it gets inspected, to do this you need way more staff at ports in customs roles.

I've got to the stage where I will try and not buy anything made in china, last week I bought a 10 litre pot to boil pasta in, first use I grab the handles on the side and FFS they conduct heat, can't pick it up whats the point of that and its fkn dangerous??? So I took it back got my $30 back and went to the kitchen shop and bought a pot made in Germany for $80, works perfectly thick heavy copper base for even heat distribution and quick heating.

The problem we have is we owe China so much money and they are responsible for us staying out of recession by way of buying our resources, so I doubt very much Gillard and Co have the guts to pull up stumps on Chinese imports, They have us over a barrell and are ramming us all at their will, This country is down going down the drain, its already been flushed and we just passed the S bend on the way to the sewer.

This country for all intensive purposes is on a 1 way trip to a being basket case. As costs go up companies will close/move off shore, unemployment will rise tax reciepts will drop and we'll get to the point that the social security bill will exceed what the government makes and we'll become another Zimbabwee, it is areal possibillity, especially in 20 years when all the minerals have been dug up and the mining sector shuts up shop, what do we do then????

I am looking at selling up home and business and dumping 800K in the bank at 6% and living in Phuket on the interest that'd be close to 50K in interest living somewhere like a king on less than $500 a week.

BroKar
1st January 2012, 07:16 PM
Gold Coast does have a night flood lit golf course, it's called emerald lakes

Johnny Canuck
1st January 2012, 07:19 PM
I just finished reading a piece on industrial espionage and corpoarate intellectual property theft.seems that the chinese governemnt has hacked into almost all the major western world corporations and stolen all of their design and production data, allowing the Chinese to produce goods which are identical in form and composition that that made by companies who've spent 10s of millions on R&D.So those $80 wedges made in China are a good chance of playing and feeling identical to the real deal, Here we have a massive problem, it is the same as China producing US currency by the billions, Currency counterfeiting by China is costing at a low end estimate 250 billion dollars a year, christ knows what other currency they counterfeit.So what do we do????it is clear to me that companies are being done over by the people they tried to do over, never cheat a cheater as they say. Companies saw an opportunnity to move their production to China at 1/100th the cost of doing it in a western country to make billions more in profit, now those companies are leaking sales at every orifice and in time will see many of these companies fold.So, I think what needs to be done is 1, stop going to China for production, stop buying the garbage that comes out of China, Geezuz christ almost every item you buy from China is a cheap nasty bit of crap nothing lasts more than a few weeks. To stop the importation of CF goods, surely you could have a database of all authentic production houses for companies and when a shipment of Nikes comes in, if it hasn't been shipped from the port that it should come from it gets inspected, to do this you need way more staff at ports in customs roles. I've got to the stage where I will try and not buy anything made in china, last week I bought a 10 litre pot to boil pasta in, first use I grab the handles on the side and FFS they conduct heat, can't pick it up whats the point of that and its fkn dangerous??? So I took it back got my $30 back and went to the kitchen shop and bought a pot made in Germany for $80, works perfectly thick heavy copper base for even heat distribution and quick heating. The problem we have is we owe China so much money and they are responsible for us staying out of recession by way of buying our resources, so I doubt very much Gillard and Co have the guts to pull up stumps on Chinese imports, They have us over a barrell and are ramming us all at their will, This country is down going down the drain, its already been flushed and we just passed the S bend on the way to the sewer.This country for all intensive purposes is on a 1 way trip to a being basket case. As costs go up companies will close/move off shore, unemployment will rise tax reciepts will drop and we'll get to the point that the social security bill will exceed what the government makes and we'll become another Zimbabwee, it is areal possibillity, especially in 20 years when all the minerals have been dug up and the mining sector shuts up shop, what do we do then????I am looking at selling up home and business and dumping 800K in the bank at 6% and living in Phuket on the interest that'd be close to 50K in interest living somewhere like a king on less than $500 a week. Is Dave 1 allowed to have multiple logins?"for all intensive purposes" - gold. Living in Thailand is a great option. You will be much closer to your Nike factories.

i Golf
1st January 2012, 07:39 PM
Fairdinkum, Emerald lakes is night lit?? why is it IO have lived here for over 10 years and never heard this?? I don't live in a cave.

Honestly The Gold Coast needs a major overhall, they call it the holiday capital of Australia, but ask most ppl and they'll come here once maybe twice, after all what is there here, beaches and theme parks over crowded roads and over priced goods and cost of living.

Look at the footy stadiums they built, NO car parking who in their right mind built 2 20K seat stadiums with no parking allowed???

If I was running the goldy we'd have a massive indoor snow park?ice park, it would make millions especially in summer when its 33 degrees and 95% humidity, it would be a full house every day, I'd have a massive night driving range 2-3 stories high with 50 bays a level with another family orientated activity so you can hit balls and the missus can take the kids bowling for example or with restaurant facillities in it, next to it would be a fully flood lit course that doesn't require flouro balls, if it were a good course it would do massive numbers, imagine going for a hit in the cool of the night at midnight, that would be an experience. Thousands of golfing tourists would flock here.

We'd have a dedicated motor sport precinct, with moto X, drag way, motor cycle track that supported V8s, F1 moto GP super bikes etc The surf spots that have been ruined due to sand pumping would be restored to their pre Yr2000 glory.

We'd have international game fishing events, F1 boats in the broadwater jet ski and red bull air races etc World class triathlon series open ocean swimming events. There would be a major event every week of the year, but when you look at who runs the show, That useless Wrong Clarke sorry Ron Clarke you can see why the coast is dying.

When you look at what could be here compared to what is here, you realise that The Gold Coast has NO vision or no foresight and no future. Why doesn't the Gold Coast set out to capture some of the large golf events, look at the awesome courses here but no we get nothing, and its a damn shame.

Goldy
1st January 2012, 08:44 PM
GCG? Is that you?

i Golf
1st January 2012, 09:00 PM
GCG morphed into i Golf

What gave it away Goldy?? are you and the others there missing me??

Wont be back to that joint, too many back slapping wanna be BFF and general all round gayness, far too many ;-) for me just look at all the gayness in relation to the Gold Coast event they're trying to organise, and the way the all line up to polish RTLs club, FFS grown men acting like prepubescent school girls?? Too many yes buddy and matey and can''t wait looking forward to it for me.

This place is a little bit straighter IMO. You'd agree too I reckon?

TheTrueReview
1st January 2012, 09:03 PM
GCG morphed into i Golf

... Wont be back to that joint, too many back slapping wanna be BFF and general all round gayness, far too many ;-) for me just look at all the gayness in relation to the Gold Coast event they're trying to organise, and the way the all line up to polish RTLs club, FFS grown men acting like prepubescent school girls?? Too many yes buddy and matey and can''t wait looking forward to it for me. ...

Who did you find annoying over there?

Goldy
1st January 2012, 09:04 PM
Now that Yoss and SMS are on both, I'd say it's a tie.

i Golf
1st January 2012, 09:17 PM
I've played with quite a few from ISG and many of them don't visit it much at all anymore either.

Kiwi he is a peanut, can dish it out but squealls like a woosy girl when it is returned and his boyfriends jump in to defend him when its returned.

AB Uncut whatever he calls himself, if you read his posts I think he has both ADHD and schizophrenia. One moment he is ontop of the world the next is is kicking the crap out of someone who he disagrees with like that hermit character.

Tigers wood absolute fruit cake

and ISG troll

What dissapointed me was the fact that antagonists where patted on the back but those defending themselves were pulled up. I asked that my username be locked so I could not post on the site, which was done.

Daves
1st January 2012, 09:18 PM
Now that Yoss and SMS are on both, I'd say it's a tie.

Yoss will tell you he is the only Ghey in the Village.:wink:

Yossarian
1st January 2012, 09:19 PM
Please don't start whining about ISG members/forum here. No one cares.

Yoss will tell you he is the only Ghey in the Village.:wink:

;)

johnny b goode
5th January 2012, 10:16 PM
Fairdinkum, Emerald lakes is night lit?? why is it IO have lived here for over 10 years and never heard this?? I don't live in a cave.

Honestly The Gold Coast needs a major overhall, they call it the holiday capital of Australia, but ask most ppl and they'll come here once maybe twice, after all what is there here, beaches and theme parks over crowded roads and over priced goods and cost of living.

Look at the footy stadiums they built, NO car parking who in their right mind built 2 20K seat stadiums with no parking allowed???

If I was running the goldy we'd have a massive indoor snow park?ice park, it would make millions especially in summer when its 33 degrees and 95% humidity, it would be a full house every day, I'd have a massive night driving range 2-3 stories high with 50 bays a level with another family orientated activity so you can hit balls and the missus can take the kids bowling for example or with restaurant facillities in it, next to it would be a fully flood lit course that doesn't require flouro balls, if it were a good course it would do massive numbers, imagine going for a hit in the cool of the night at midnight, that would be an experience. Thousands of golfing tourists would flock here.

We'd have a dedicated motor sport precinct, with moto X, drag way, motor cycle track that supported V8s, F1 moto GP super bikes etc The surf spots that have been ruined due to sand pumping would be restored to their pre Yr2000 glory.

We'd have international game fishing events, F1 boats in the broadwater jet ski and red bull air races etc World class triathlon series open ocean swimming events. There would be a major event every week of the year, but when you look at who runs the show, That useless Wrong Clarke sorry Ron Clarke you can see why the coast is dying.

When you look at what could be here compared to what is here, you realise that The Gold Coast has NO vision or no foresight and no future. Why doesn't the Gold Coast set out to capture some of the large golf events, look at the awesome courses here but no we get nothing, and its a damn shame.

last i knew IG we lived in a capitalist society, whats stopping an entrepreneur from building an indoor theme park or night driving range, this is the land of opportunity right or are you suggesting the Government take charge and invest in tourism infrastructure. not sure the voters would agree. generally speaking the market dictates what is a decent or foolish idea and the fact that their aint one already would suggest to me you might just be robinson crusoe in thinking this..but props for trying

markTHEblake
5th January 2012, 10:20 PM
Fairdinkum, Emerald lakes is night lit?? why is it IO have lived here for over 10 years and never heard this??

Night golf has been at Emerald Lakes for 10 years, cant miss it, its the big bright glowing thing in the middle of the night.

I don't live in a cave.

maybe not, but obviously in your own world.

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:30 PM
Night golf has been at Emerald Lakes for 10 years, cant miss it, its the big bright glowing thing in the middle of the night.

Fk me for all those years I thought that was the moon???????????????????????

dave1
5th January 2012, 11:38 PM
I've played with quite a few from ISG and many of them don't visit it much at all anymore either.

Kiwi he is a peanut, can dish it out but squealls like a woosy girl when it is returned and his boyfriends jump in to defend him when its returned.

AB Uncut whatever he calls himself, if you read his posts I think he has both ADHD and schizophrenia. One moment he is ontop of the world the next is is kicking the crap out of someone who he disagrees with like that hermit character.

Tigers wood absolute fruit cake

and ISG troll

What dissapointed me was the fact that antagonists where patted on the back but those defending themselves were pulled up. I asked that my username be locked so I could not post on the site, which was done.

Im happy to admit I post on both forums, I have said this before and like I said in another post I say the odd stupid thing and maybe have done the odd silly thing but geez nothing compared to you

Kiwi is a good bloke!!

I have played golf with many ISG'ers and probably with some Oz golfers who post on both forums and all top people

you have no idea!!

I golf must stand for idiot golf surely

i Golf
5th January 2012, 11:59 PM
almost everyone I have played with from both sites rarley posts on the sites that was my point, obviously it went over your head. I never made any mention about the types of ppl I have played with, they too along with your assesment were, well I wont go as far as saying are top people hell I've only played a few rounds with them and they seemed nice enough, but I don't know them well enough to call them top ppl just cause they play golf doesn't mean they are top ppl.

They may be axe murderers for all I know, 4 hours on a golf course is not enough to claim a top person????? Rumour has it that Ted Bundy was partial to a round as was Ivan Milat??

LarryLong
6th January 2012, 12:10 AM
What's so evil about people in poor countries making fakes of things that dumb rich people buy? I think the villains are the blokes who put a massive premium on their products and perpetuate the myth that big name clubs are somehow better by paying money to professionals. Everything flows from there.

As for the Chinese government hacking into Titleist's computer systems to steal design and production data - why would they bother doing that when they could just buy one wedge and make a mould from it? If they are already manufacturing most of the product, why would they need to hack into the computer systems to steal the plans they are being given as part of their design specs anyway?

Counterfeiting isn't a problem, the problem is that people won't accept the fact that anybody with a decent manufacturing operation can make a golf club and most clubs on the market are pretty much identical in performance. If you could break through that barrier, the guys in China could release their cheap goods under their own brand names and we wouldn't be too snobby to buy them.

Embrace the fakes!

i Golf
6th January 2012, 12:14 AM
Larry you oughta google industrial espionage it is truely fascinating what goes on.

Titleist was an example.

You oughta see real world intellectual theft.

cars, millitary designs, nuclear designs, pharmaceutical compounds and medical patents almost everything of value has been stolen by china by way of computer hacking.

dave1
6th January 2012, 01:00 AM
almost everyone I have played with from both sites rarley posts on the sites that was my point, obviously it went over your head. I never made any mention about the types of ppl I have played with, they too along with your assesment were, well I wont go as far as saying are top people hell I've only played a few rounds with them and they seemed nice enough, but I don't know them well enough to call them top ppl just cause they play golf doesn't mean they are top ppl.

They may be axe murderers for all I know, 4 hours on a golf course is not enough to claim a top person????? Rumour has it that Ted Bundy was partial to a round as was Ivan Milat??

they post mate dont worry

and in 25 years of golf I haven't met a tool really on the golf course

must be your approach!

johnny b goode
6th January 2012, 10:24 AM
Im happy to admit I post on both forums, I have said this before and like I said in another post I say the odd stupid thing and maybe have done the odd silly thing but geez nothing compared to you

Kiwi is a good bloke!!

I have played golf with many ISG'ers and probably with some Oz golfers who post on both forums and all top people

you have no idea!!

I golf must stand for idiot golf surely

have played events with kiwi and I can tell you he is a heck of a fella and handy golfer too...i golf has nil idea and everything was going swimmingly on the isg site with him until he started calling everyone "james blunts" end of story:smt087

Goldy
6th January 2012, 10:39 AM
have played events with kiwi and I can tell you he is a heck of a fella and handy golfer too...i golf has nil idea and everything was going swimmingly on the isg site with him until he started calling everyone "james blunts" end of story:smt087

x2 - and AB is a ripper bloke also.

We all enjoyed i Golf's contributions (as self-serving and delusional as they may be) and were disappointed to see him leave. A great source of amusement, in my opinion. The "james blunt" comments were the tipping point, I suspect. Became less amusing and a little sad.

Dude, Where's my Par?
6th January 2012, 10:54 AM
I prefer to judge people on the way I interpret one isolated piece of text they have written/implied.
Life is much more enjoyable that way :)

morgy
6th January 2012, 03:26 PM
Twilight Zone.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Daves
11th January 2012, 09:02 AM
Looks like iGolf decided to get into the business!

http://www.igolftimes.com/goods-16626-Taylormade-Rocketballz-RBZ-Driver.html

3oneday
11th January 2012, 09:55 AM
Looks like iGolf decided to get into the business!

http://www.igolftimes.com/goods-16626-Taylormade-Rocketballz-RBZ-Driver.htmlfairly large vending machine there ?

johl
11th January 2012, 12:23 PM
if you scroll down on the link you can buy the rbz for 299 and you get a free scotty cameron newport putter. how could they be making money on that deal? unless its all fake gear

3oneday
11th January 2012, 01:12 PM
That's the point johl, it's ALL fake gear.

johl
11th January 2012, 01:38 PM
lol. *facepalm*