PDA

View Full Version : Metal wood head refinish

reg
29th December 2011, 11:48 PM
I did a search and there hasn't been a post about it for a while so would like to hear an update.

I have a Ping Rapture V2 with a gash on the crown. Does anyone know someone in Australia who does refinishing of metal woods?

Or has anyone sent their driver to the USA? Seen plenty of posts on Golfwrx, would like to hear from an Aussie if there were dramas with postage or the results.

Thanks

rubin
29th December 2011, 11:58 PM
Depends on how bad, but u can buy the refinishing paint on eBay. I'd start with that.

Daves
30th December 2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Club-Paint-Ping-V2-Rapture-Series-PI-GP9486-/160702957583?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item256aa4880f

Probably cheaper to buy another V2 than get it done professionally. Do you know any friendly panel beater/spray painters that might do it for a slab?

paulyboy
30th December 2011, 07:44 AM
sharpie....

reg
30th December 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the replies,

I have touched it up, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my clubs. I like them to be new/abuse free for as long as possible. When about to hit a drive I'd like to be thinking about the shot, not "god I hate that gash and the dodgy touch up job I did"

Really love the V2 head, hate the green. Was thinking of getting it done properly and give it a make over. I've read the posts about DIY, I'd give it a go but as most people I don't have a sandblaster to remove the original paint.

Thanks Daves, have you bought that paint before?

Oldplayer
2nd January 2012, 07:31 PM
I did a driver crown with plain old black spray paint. I masked up all the areas not to be sprayed, keyed up the surface and away I went. Used an enamel for metal. Did lots of thin coats sanding with very fine paper inbetween. Came up very well and I am a little OCD in general.

markTHEblake
2nd January 2012, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know someone in Australia who does refinishing of metal woods?

Corey Templeton on the Gold Coast does, he has a sand blasting machine in his WorkShop.

Kari Lajosi will also do the finishing in Ion plating instead of paint for a fairly small fee, about $50-60 he quoted me.

Captain Nemo
12th January 2012, 02:02 PM
http://www.golfincolors.com/
8-)

reg
17th January 2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, what's that ion plating finish like?