PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Gillespie in the 4th Test ???

3oneday
11th August 2005, 08:44 PM
Well, surely they can't allow this crap to continue. THEY MUST REPLACE HIM  :x  :x

Now, who with ???

Pete

Grunt
11th August 2005, 09:17 PM
He Seems to be Gonnne.

Pinglauncher
11th August 2005, 09:18 PM
Kaspa should never have been dropped. Gillespie has not bowled a decent spell all tour yet they persist with him :roll:

Fishman Dan
11th August 2005, 09:24 PM
This is Ponting's formula captaincy again. These bowling changes were decided during day 3 of the 2nd test.

If a bowler can't bowl 6 good balls in an over after 3 overs, then pull him. Why Dizzy is bowling so soon after lunch is a mystery.

Grunt
11th August 2005, 09:28 PM
Have to agree there Fishman.

Why did warne not get a bowl b4 Lunch?

Grunt
11th August 2005, 09:30 PM
Gilchrist cant catch for SHIT 2 now.!!!!!!!

Grunt
11th August 2005, 09:31 PM
Now Vaughan Bowled off a no ball. :?

Jarro
12th August 2005, 05:58 AM
thanks for the mention Pete :roll:

.. but i think Kaspa should be in for THIS test, let alone the remaining two :?

I can understand the Aussie team management wanting to give Dizzy every chance available to get back into some form, but he's had plenty of time now to turn the tide... and he looks worse now than before the first test :(

Amazing to how the poms have latched onto his bad form as well, Vaughan came out of the blocks in a hurry against him, smashing him to the boundary twice in his first over.

Time for loyalty is gone ... bring back Kaspa.

markTHEblake
12th August 2005, 08:56 AM
Gillespie is safe - he will top score in australias first innings with 44 runs.

3oneday
12th August 2005, 09:47 AM
Gillespie is safe - he will top score in australias first innings with 44 runs.even this facet of his game is letting him down though, he got a duck last game....

I forgot to include that other blonde, the one afraid of ghosts ?? what's his name ???? anyway, hopefully they don't consider him as a fast bowling alternative....

OK, who voted for Jarro ??? musta been a pommie supporter :P

Pete

Bruce
12th August 2005, 09:50 AM
thanks for the mention Pete  :roll:

.. but i think Kaspa should be in for THIS test, let alone the remaining two  :?

I can understand the Aussie team management wanting to give Dizzy every chance available to get back into some form, but he's had plenty of time now to turn the tide... and he looks worse now than before the first test  :(

Amazing to how the poms have latched onto his bad form as well, Vaughan came out of the blocks in a hurry against him, smashing him to the boundary twice in his first over.

Time for loyalty is gone ... bring back Kaspa.

There is a difference between squeezing one past gully to a vacant third man and getting smashed. Result is the same but Dizzy can claim a little bad luck on those 2 boundaries.

shazza_rs
12th August 2005, 11:05 AM
I think that the mullet has been to the detriment of his bowling.

Since he started to grow it, he has been in a form slump.

He's become the anna kournikova of cricket..... has mullet can't bowl :lol:

shazza_rs
12th August 2005, 11:23 AM
He's become the anna kournikova of cricket.....  has mullet can't bowl  :lol:
...I hope you're not suggesting Dizzy has "got it on" with The Poo ?

I was not implying that...... not that there is anything wrong with that :lol:

Just commenting that he has become known as the "guy with themullet" rather than one of australia's best fast bowlers. :)

3oneday
19th August 2005, 07:45 AM
Back on the agenda, apparently a bowl off is being help between Kaspa and Tait. I was reading today that Tait is a great exponent of reverse swing.

If that is where the difference in the two teams is at the moment (reverse swing) then PICK HIM !!!!!!!!

Pete

Jarro
19th August 2005, 12:17 PM
I think Tait should get the nod. We have to look at the future with all of our bowlers now on the wrong side of 30 .... plus Tait is a genuine quick, and i for one would love to see the Poms copping some of the short stuff they have been dishing out to our batsman :twisted:

TaitTaitTaitTaitTaitTait :!: :!:

Fishman Dan
19th August 2005, 02:03 PM
I'm backing Dizzy to retain his spot.

What i don't understand is why he doesn't get the new ball? He doesn't have the pace anymore, but he always worked it around off the seam. Without a new ball - or a ball 10-15 overs old, he has no chance - and that's what's being reflected so far.

Way back when, he used to open with McGrath, Lee to come in as first change.

CobraSS
19th August 2005, 03:19 PM
I voted Kaspa, but it is seriously time the selectors started picking some younger guys, there is currently only three players under 30 in the team, one of them is 29 and another 28.

Seven players are 33 or older, if they don't start replacing them now, they will all retire all at once and we will end up with a bunch of rookies, in the team.

Hayden, langer, martyn, gillespie and kaspa need to be permanently replaced at the end of this series at the lastest. McGrath, Warne and Gilchrist should be allowed to play until they want to go...

it is time to usher in the new blood

Courty
19th August 2005, 05:58 PM
OK, own up. Which clown voted for jarro (besides jarro himself) :roll:

Jarro
19th August 2005, 06:02 PM
OK, own up. Which clown voted for jarro (besides jarro himself) :roll:

i must have 2 fans mate, i never voted :wink:

3oneday
22nd August 2005, 04:00 PM
Baggygreen.com "Hostile Tait ready for Test action

Cricinfo staff

August 21, 2005

Trent Bridge or bust: Shaun Tait waits for the call © Getty Images

Shaun Tait hopes his hostile spell in Australia's drawn tour match against Northamptonshire will be enough to give him a Test debut on Thursday. Tait, 22, had an eventful day at Wantage Road against the English county side on Sunday by taking two wickets and forcing the opener Tim Roberts to retire with blood pouring from a gash above his left eyebrow.

Tait finished the contest with a wound of his own when Ben Phillips unleashed a booming drive that struck him on his knee, causing him to collapse to the ground. He left the field but is assured the bruising will not affect his chances of playing in Thursday's fourth Test at Trent Bridge.

"It was pretty painful for a while but it is not too bad now," Tait, who is fighting with Michael Kasprowicz for the third seamer's place, said. "There will probably be a couple of days of soreness but I should be alright. The boys were taking the micky out of me because it was nothing serious, but there was a lot of pain for five minutes. Matthew Hayden kicked me on the back and told me to get up - they are tough old blokes I suppose."

Tait tempted Usman Afzaal into an ugly pull and knocked over David Sales to finish with two for 52 from 14.1 overs. "I felt pretty good, there was some decent pace but a couple more wickets would have been handy," he said. "It would be everything for me to play for my country. One thing I do know is that I am ready for that sort of cricket. If the opportunity comes up I am definitely there to stick my hand up and bowl well."
That's what we want, a bit of blood........

Jarro
22nd August 2005, 04:02 PM
i'd like to see them pick Tait, for the good of Australian cricket .. they have to give the younger guys a go :shock:

Fishman Dan
22nd August 2005, 04:07 PM
Tait is a shoe-in.

Besides, he can swing the ball.

Jarro
24th August 2005, 05:50 AM
word this morning has it that Tait has been selected ahead of Kaspa.

3oneday
24th August 2005, 07:35 AM
word this morning has it that Tait has been selected ahead of Kaspa.yep, drop Hayden now and we are slowly weeding out those Queenslanders 8) 8)

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
24th August 2005, 08:34 AM
word this morning has it that Tait has been selected ahead of Kaspa.yep, drop Hayden now and we are slowly weeding out those Queenslanders 8)  8)

:lol:  :lol:

looks like another NSWelshman has broken down (again) mate.

Be good to see him replaced by a big, strong Queenslander named Kaspa 8) :wink:

in all seriousness, McGraths injuries have got to be a real concern to team morale, especially with the series so evenly poised :? I hope he recovers from this latest one and takes his place in the side ..... he's still our best quick bowler by a mile.

Fishman Dan
24th August 2005, 10:06 AM
Jarro - i think this is spin-doctoring by the Australian media team. I'm sure McGrath will be playing.

Tait is a cert, but Merv Hughes - Australian Test Selector - came out saying that Dizzy needs the ball more often, and less talk about him being dropped. I agree, but i think the horse has bolted.

Again, i think it's more 'spin' from the Australian camp.

Jarro
24th August 2005, 10:29 AM
lets hope you're right Fishy, it's all or nothing for the Aussies now .... we only have to win this test and we retain the ashes.

gotta go all out for a win in the next test, and i can't see us doing that unless McGrath is in the side.

Onewood
25th August 2005, 08:41 PM
Have we got any Bowlers in ausie that can bowl without NO BALLING :roll: How Professional are these guy's..........Start charging them a grand for each NO BALL out of there match payments :evil:

Grunt
25th August 2005, 08:53 PM
I'm with you onewood. Hit them where it hurts!

Jarro
26th August 2005, 05:16 AM
can't be that hard to take your run-up marker back about 1 foot :roll:

Fishman Dan
26th August 2005, 06:19 AM
Bring back Dizzy...

Jarro
26th August 2005, 06:54 AM
Bring back Dizzy...

never.

he's gawwwwwn

3oneday
26th August 2005, 07:44 AM
can't be that hard to take your run-up marker back about 1 foot  :roll:they kept re-measuring the damn thing, FFS they do this stuff for a living !!!! :roll:

Pete

Jarro
26th August 2005, 07:53 AM
according to the commentary team last night, Brett Lee was the only Aussie bowler to actually move his marker after bowling some no-balls :?

they also mentioned the fact that we don't have an official fast bowling coach anymore .... the bowlers just help each other out with any problems they may have.

Bring back Lillee i say, he'd do wonders for Tait and Co. ..... pay him whatever he wants :wink: