PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Games around Sydney/Wollongong, 16-20 January 2012

KristianJ
27th December 2011, 08:58 PM
I'm planning a week off work during the week of 16-20 January. Probably looking at a few rounds in open comps - will update as I decide where.

Am considering an overnight visit to either the Central Coast or Illawarra so will probably look to play 2 courses in either area on the Tue and Wed.

Tue 17/1/12:

Shell Cove (8:56am)

KJ
Peppas
Jono
2putts
Gomer
Matt 3 Jab

Port Kembla (PM social)

KJ
Jono
Stu
Matt 3 Jab
Peppas
2putts

Wed 18/1/12: Birthday hit at Bankstown w/ mates

Thur 19/1/12: Glenmore (7:12am)
Fri 20/1/12: Possible rest day and spend birthday money :mrgreen:

Feel free to post days that you're keen to play. Not too fussed on time of day.

Grunt
27th December 2011, 08:59 PM
Will look at both my work & child minding roster.

Jono
27th December 2011, 09:05 PM
Am considering an overnight visit to either the Central Coast or Illawarra so will probably look to play 2 courses in either area on the Tue and Wed.

Come down to Wollongong mate. 8-)

KristianJ
28th December 2011, 12:46 PM
Wed open comp at Wollongong is looking appealing, Jono.

Peppas
28th December 2011, 06:19 PM
17th - Tuesday stab comp @ shell cove. Interested?

KristianJ
28th December 2011, 06:46 PM
17th - Tuesday stab comp @ shell cove. Interested?

Morning or arvo slots? I'd be happy to do Tue at Shell Cove...then I'll just have to sort out when I need to get down there by.

Jono
28th December 2011, 07:10 PM
Shell Cove/Wollongong is a good combo. If you do early morning tee off on Wed, I'd be able to join you as I should be able to take half a day off.

Peppas
28th December 2011, 07:17 PM
Morning or arvo slots? I'd be happy to do Tue at Shell Cove...then I'll just have to sort out when I need to get down there by.

What suits you? I'll check the timesheet when I get home. I'm pretty sure I have the day off.

KristianJ
28th December 2011, 08:31 PM
I'd probably look to do early to mid morning at Shell Cove on Tue, maybe an arvo social hit somewhere like Kembla Grange, then dinner and some shut eye somewhere inexpensive before early Wed morning at Wollongong and head home early arvo.

Peppas
28th December 2011, 09:45 PM
I'd probably look to do early to mid morning at Shell Cove on Tue, maybe an arvo social hit somewhere like Kembla Grange, then dinner and some shut eye somewhere inexpensive before early Wed morning at Wollongong and head home early arvo.

How early? Comp slots are free from 7:44 to 8:56 right now. Usually I play with a bunch of old guys who tee off at about 7:30 but they are playing in 3 groups of 3.

KristianJ
28th December 2011, 09:47 PM
How early? Comp slots are free from 7:44 to 8:56 right now. Usually I play with a bunch of old guys who tee off at about 7:30 but they are playing in 3 groups of 3.

Closer to 8:56, probably. Just to cater for unpredictabilities in traffic.

Peppas
28th December 2011, 09:52 PM
OK booked in, I will confirm next week when I am back at work if I am definitely good to go that day.

Jono
29th December 2011, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, I talked to my boss and managed to have both 17th and 18th off.

Kristian, I might be able to get you in a comp at Kembla Grange on Tuesday arvo. I'll find out and let you know.

Stuartd147
29th December 2011, 11:52 AM
If you end up looking for a social hit Tuesday, then you might to consider a round at Port Kembla...Stu

KristianJ
29th December 2011, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, I talked to my boss and managed to have both 17th and 18th off. Kristian, I might be able to get you in a comp at Kembla Grange on Tuesday arvo. I'll find out and let you know.

Thanks mate.

Stu, I'll keep PK as a backup option. I do have some back 9 demons to exorcise there.

live4golf
29th December 2011, 12:57 PM
sorry KJ, I am back at work that week.

Peppas
29th December 2011, 05:51 PM
Hey guys, I talked to my boss and managed to have both 17th and 18th off.

Kristian, I might be able to get you in a comp at Kembla Grange on Tuesday arvo. I'll find out and let you know.

You blokes are playing 2 comp rounds that day???

KristianJ
29th December 2011, 06:32 PM
You blokes are playing 2 comp rounds that day???

Maybe...I'd probably rather a social hit, but if there's a PM comp at Kembla Grange and there's enough time, then I'll happily play in it.

Peppas
29th December 2011, 06:37 PM
Maybe...I'd probably rather a social hit, but if there's a PM comp at Kembla Grange and there's enough time, then I'll happily play in it.

You guys are crazy. If there's room I might join you guys :)

There is a comp on Tuesday at KG but not sure what time they have slots until. Jono would know more being the member. Otherwise we could tee off earlier at SC to fit it all in? If we teed off by about 8 we'd be done by 12:30 probably.

Matt 3 Jab
29th December 2011, 06:55 PM
I'd be in for a social hit as i dont have membership anymore. And wouldnt mind checking out Jono's GYM!

Peppas
29th December 2011, 06:56 PM
I'd be in for a social hit as i dont have membership anymore. And wouldnt mind checking out Jono's GYM!

Careful what you wish for he might ask you to vacuum it :)

Jono
30th December 2011, 01:01 AM
Peppas, given that you got some AWESOME lessons for free, I don't think 10min of vacuuming was a big deal ... ;)

Guys, I'll call Kembla Grange tomorrow but from memory, I think Tuesday comp is a small morning comp. Let's have a social round if this is the case and have Matt down as well. There is a 170m practice area that we can use to work on our swing if we feel like it. After the game, we'll go to my place and do a light golf oriented workout in my gym ... :lol:

Kristian, are you going to book Wollongong?

Peppas
30th December 2011, 08:58 AM
Peppas, given that you got some AWESOME lessons for free, I don't think 10min of vacuuming was a big deal ... ;)

Guys, I'll call Kembla Grange tomorrow but from memory, I think Tuesday comp is a small morning comp. Let's have a social round if this is the case and have Matt down as well. There is a 170m practice area that we can use to work on our swing if we feel like it. After the game, we'll go to my place and do a light golf oriented workout in my gym ... :lol:

Kristian, are you going to book Wollongong?

Yeah true, it was a good warm up too.

I think the field at KG is actually pretty big for a Tuesday comp, they get something like 80 players in the comp I heard? The other option is reversing the order, Tuesday morning @ KG, Tuesday arvo @ SC. I can ask the club what the latest time is the will let us tee off in the comp, I got there at almost 2pm the other week and they let us play in the comp.

Otherwise social round then destroying yourselves with some of Jono's instruments of torture in his garage sounds fun for you guys too :)

KristianJ
30th December 2011, 12:18 PM
Peppas, given that you got some AWESOME lessons for free, I don't think 10min of vacuuming was a big deal ... ;)Guys, I'll call Kembla Grange tomorrow but from memory, I think Tuesday comp is a small morning comp. Let's have a social round if this is the case and have Matt down as well. There is a 170m practice area that we can use to work on our swing if we feel like it. After the game, we'll go to my place and do a light golf oriented workout in my gym ... :lol:Kristian, are you going to book Wollongong? This sounds ideal. And I'll book Wollongong once we confirm who will be playing.

Jono
31st December 2011, 12:05 AM
Guys, I spoke to Stu today who wanted to invite us to Port Kembla for a social round on Tuesday if we wanted to play there.

KJ and Peppas, let me know what you want to do. SC/PC or SC/KG or KG/SC. Comp/Comp or Comp/social. I haven't rung Kembla Grange yet but I'll find out about comp there once we decide what we want to do.

Peppas
31st December 2011, 12:07 AM
Im easy with whatever. We are currently booked in at 8:56am at SC if Stu wanted to join too. Otherwise I can change the booking or whatever the consensus is.

KristianJ
31st December 2011, 07:20 AM
PK afternoon social round it is.

I'll update the OP this arvo with player names.

Peppas
31st December 2011, 05:16 PM
I invited the bearded one to come along and he has booked himself in, the cheeky bugger.

The group before at 8:48 is also free if others are interested.

KristianJ
31st December 2011, 11:20 PM
Any cheap places around the Gong to stay the night that you guys know of?

Peppas
1st January 2012, 10:10 PM
Any cheap places around the Gong to stay the night that you guys know of?

How cheap and whereabouts in Wollongong?

Gomer is also interested in playing the SC round. So I might get 2putts to book the earlier timeslot. That would mean we have 3 more spots free if anyone else is interested?

KristianJ
1st January 2012, 10:33 PM
Gomer added!

And for accommodation, as cheap as possible but not too uncomfortable, really. All it'll be for is sleeping Tue night.

Peppas
1st January 2012, 10:45 PM
Gomer added!

And for accommodation, as cheap as possible but not too uncomfortable, really. All it'll be for is sleeping Tue night.

Just had a look at Wotif, looks like about $90 is the cheapest around town (Wollongong). Otherwise if you're just after a bed for the night I might be able to put you up at my place, depending on how early I have to be up the next morning for work. I'll have to check with the missus though!

KristianJ
1st January 2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I checked Wotif. Was a little surprised that there weren't any specials (besides a mystery 4.5 star for $119/night) but then again, it is holiday season so I probably shouldn't expect anything too cheap.

No hassle if you can't spare a bed - I'm not wanting to put anyone out of their regular routines. But I do appreciate the offer nonetheless. :)

Matt 3 Jab
2nd January 2012, 10:29 AM
I'm in for a social hit any place any time.

Peppas
2nd January 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm in for a social hit any place any time.

Hey mate you might be able to play shell cove with us. I can check. I don't think they mind that much if social play with comp that much. Well, they wouldn't have last week.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd January 2012, 12:07 PM
yeah, 2 games in one day works for me! Let me know.

Jono
2nd January 2012, 01:10 PM

Followed by a workout at my gym. You won't be able to move the next day. :lol:

Peppas
2nd January 2012, 02:14 PM

Club said you are all good to join us. So we can have a group of 3 with 2 blokes in the comp marking each others card and you being... social.

So I've got the 8:48am and 8:56am slots booked at Shell cove now. We can sort out golflinks and stuff there in the morning. Still have 2 more spots if anyone else is interested (Stu?).

Peppas
2nd January 2012, 02:18 PM
Followed by a workout at my gym. You won't be able to move the next day. :lol:

You guys going to push that thingy up and down your drive way and flip tyres and what not?

Jono
3rd January 2012, 10:25 AM
You guys going to push that thingy up and down your drive way and flip tyres and what not?

Yeah, perhaps.

Mate, would you mind hiring a cart for me at Shell Cove? I won't be able to play the afternoon game let alone do a workout after it if I walked that course. :oops:

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, perhaps.

Mate, would you mind hiring a cart for me at Shell Cove? I won't be able to play the afternoon game let alone do a workout after it if I walked that course. :oops:

I told them some of you guys might be needing a cart to play so it should be fine :)

You could just use the 2 rounds of golf as the cardio before the real workout :)

Matt 3 Jab
3rd January 2012, 10:55 AM
games sound great, looking forward to it.

Jono, ill be fine............ (i hope) hahaha

Jono
3rd January 2012, 10:58 AM
Matt, are you going to play the morning game as well?

Stu, what about you?

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 11:33 AM
I believe Matt is playing, he will be the social player in the group.

Stuartd147
3rd January 2012, 11:36 AM
Guys, I think I may have to go to the office in Sutherland on Tuesday morning but will be back for the afternoon shift!

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 11:37 AM
Guys, I think I may have to go to the office in Sutherland on Tuesday morning but will be back for the afternoon shift!

Come on Stu, take the morning off, no peer pressure :)

Jono
3rd January 2012, 02:40 PM
Who is going to ring Port Kembla GC? I think 3pm start would give us enough time to have lunch and drive back from Shell Cove.

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 02:55 PM
Twilight golf, I like your thinking. Cheaper rates and what not.

Also, we won't be able to have lunch at Shell Cove, the kitchen is closed Monday and Tuesday. So if you know somewhere good for lunch around there...

Stuartd147
3rd January 2012, 03:02 PM
Tuesday's are mens/ladies stableford days and I think the kitchen is open, has a new chef and food is pretty good nowadays. How about we meet there for a let lunch then play. Timesheet does not open until tomorrow but anything after 2pm is usually no problem. I am going for a hit at 4pm this afternoon so I will check with pro shop......stuart

Matt 3 Jab
3rd January 2012, 04:04 PM
Jono, yeah playing both mate. May as well get as many games in as i can! Will be traveling from Sydney so makes the drive better down and back

KristianJ
3rd January 2012, 04:44 PM
Tuesday's are mens/ladies stableford days and I think the kitchen is open, has a new chef and food is pretty good nowadays. How about we meet there for a let lunch then play. Timesheet does not open until tomorrow but anything after 2pm is usually no problem. I am going for a hit at 4pm this afternoon so I will check with pro shop......stuart

Sounds good! I just checked their website and it says that the bistro is open from 10 till 3.

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 05:16 PM
Sounds good! I just checked their website and it says that the bistro is open from 10 till 3.

Food good

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 09:08 PM
Hey KJ you still looking for accom?

Also which day is your birthday???

KristianJ
3rd January 2012, 09:12 PM
Yes, and the Wednesday.

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 09:14 PM
Yes, and the Wednesday.

OK what times is your Wednesday morning round?

Missus gave you the OK to stay if you want. Maybe if I tell her it's your birthday she'll cook us a nice breakfast :)

KristianJ
3rd January 2012, 09:26 PM
Haven't booked it in yet, but I'm hoping for 8:30 at the latest so I can get home mid arvo.

And thanks to the missus! Nice that I'll be able to save a few bucks. :)

Peppas
3rd January 2012, 09:42 PM
No worries, I'm cleaning it out this week for some relos this weekend so it should be relatively clean still in 2 weeks :)

Just need to move or hide all my golf stuff somewhere really...

KristianJ
5th January 2012, 10:15 PM
Anyone else keen on Lynwood? Probably looking at an early tee time - say, 8am at the latest.

Peppas
5th January 2012, 11:54 PM
Also 2 more spots free @ Shell Cove if anyone else is interested.

KristianJ
8th January 2012, 12:15 PM
Minor change of plans - I will probably be in the Gong for Tuesday only...head home after a quick bite to eat somewhere on Tue night. Got a potential game lined up at Bankstown on Wednesday.

Peppas
8th January 2012, 12:46 PM
Awesome I can move all my crap back into the spare room then :)

KristianJ
9th January 2012, 04:50 PM
Time settled on for Monday @ Lynwood after a brief chat with Jono today.

Matt 3 Jab
9th January 2012, 07:46 PM
is monday a social or comp round??

KristianJ
9th January 2012, 07:55 PM
Comp, but I can see if they'll let social players in the group when I book it tomorrow or Wednesday. I've played a comp round there before with a social player in my group, so I doubt there'll be a problem.

Matt 3 Jab
10th January 2012, 09:01 AM
If there is a spot id love to join you guys. I'm heading to sydney that day so from the Central Coast it would work in well, and 3 games in 2 days works for me. Thanks

Jono
10th January 2012, 01:04 PM
If there is a spot id love to join you guys. I'm heading to sydney that day so from the Central Coast it would work in well, and 3 games in 2 days works for me. Thanks

You mean, three days and a workout ... :p

KristianJ
11th January 2012, 12:40 PM
Okay, Lynwood's booked for 11:30. I thought they had an open comp but they don't - Jono, you still want to come up?

I said that we'd be walking, but it can be a bit of a hike between holes so a cart could be advisable if you want to be as fresh as possible for the Tuesday rounds. :)

Jono
11th January 2012, 01:48 PM
Okay, Lynwood's booked for 11:30. I thought they had an open comp but they don't - Jono, you still want to come up?

I said that we'd be walking, but it can be a bit of a hike between holes so a cart could be advisable if you want to be as fresh as possible for the Tuesday rounds. :)

Kristian, that's fine and yeah, I'd be keen for a cart.

I've requested Monday off instead of Wednesday. The practice manager has been trying to get another GP to work on Monday. That GP said that she would get back to us today. So at this stage, it's 50/50 but I should have a definite answer today 5pm today.

Fingers crossed I can make it.

Matt 3 Jab
11th January 2012, 05:24 PM
Im in regardless, will be a good warmup for tuesday! Thanks for booking KJ

Peppas
11th January 2012, 05:39 PM
I'm looking forward to Tuesday :) 2 rounds in one day!

Jono
11th January 2012, 06:58 PM
OK. I managed to get Monday off. I'll see you guys there. 8)

KristianJ
11th January 2012, 07:01 PM
Goodo! :mrgreen: I'll ring them tomorrow and arrange a cart (I'm happy to go halves).

Still a spot available if anyone wants in.

Peppas
13th January 2012, 12:00 PM
I think 2putts might be interested in playing at PK in the arvo too but he said he'd pop in and announce it :)

Peppas
13th January 2012, 12:01 PM
Also 2 spots left for Tuesday morning if any other takers are interested

Grunt
13th January 2012, 01:25 PM
Still having a rest day Friday? I am off Thursday/Friday next week but have a PT session Thursday morning.

KristianJ
13th January 2012, 01:47 PM
I'll check the open days spreadsheet and get back to you, Grant. Happy to go around somewhere I haven't been to yet.

2putts
13th January 2012, 07:40 PM
I'm in for Tuesday afternoon if there is a spot.

KristianJ
13th January 2012, 09:26 PM
I think 2putts might be interested in playing at PK in the arvo too but he said he'd pop in and announce it :)

Some announcement too!

Peppas
13th January 2012, 11:44 PM
Some announcement too!

Big for his 11th post :)

KristianJ
14th January 2012, 11:46 PM
Jono and Matt, I may need to bail on Monday. Got a little bit of work to do on my car for the drive down on Tuesday and I don't think I'll be able to have it done in time to get up to Lynwood by 11:30. Sorry for the late-ish notice but I discovered some minor gremlins this arvo and don't have time tomorrow to sort them out.

If you 2 still want to play, the booking's under my name, otherwise if you don't I can call them tomorrow and cancel it.

Grunt
15th January 2012, 06:19 AM
Kristian, I am also no good for Friday now too. Bloody School Holidays

Matt 3 Jab
15th January 2012, 11:30 AM
no drama KJ, im happy to miss it, saves jono a long drive too!

See you all Tuesday!

KristianJ
15th January 2012, 02:29 PM
Guys, all is sorted and I'm good to go tomorrow. I'll be there about 11 or so, so not quite enough time for a range hit beforehand.

Matt 3 Jab
15th January 2012, 05:07 PM
KJ, i spoke to Jono via phone this morning and he said that we would miss the game. Now im happy to play, regardless of weather, but im not 100% about Jono. Ive sent him a text so ill see what he says.

Matt 3 Jab
15th January 2012, 05:14 PM
Jono is out! so KJ, its 100% up to you, im happy to play, and also happy to give it a miss, im coming to Sydney regardless and its kind of on the way.

KristianJ
15th January 2012, 05:20 PM
I'll leave it be then...save all my energy for Tuesday. :)

Matt 3 Jab
15th January 2012, 05:20 PM
No worries at all. See you Tuesday

Peppas
15th January 2012, 07:18 PM
Shell Cove was nice and wet today. Should be a bit wetter by Tuesday if the rain sticks around...

KristianJ
16th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Bad news, fellas - I've had an unscheduled family thing come up (rarely seen relos coming to visit), so I'll probably have to remain around the house tomorrow. :( I'll confirm it later tonight, but these are ones that I get along with well and wouldn't mind spending some time with...that, and one of them is a golfer so I may end up playing a round somewhere with him locally.

Sorry for the let down, but I'm sure that there'll still be plenty of fun to be had without me being there.

Peppas
16th January 2012, 07:09 PM
What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Matt 3 Jab
16th January 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm still in, but notice we have 5 each time, hmmmmmmm that sucks!

Jono
16th January 2012, 07:46 PM
:smt107

](*,)

:smt102

[-(

That just about sums up my thoughts on this. 8-)

Jono
16th January 2012, 07:48 PM
KJ, why don't you bring your golfing relative down and play Shell Cove then drive back home? You'll home by 2:30-3pm Plenty of time to have a barbie, few beers with your relos.

KristianJ
16th January 2012, 08:02 PM
KJ, why don't you bring your golfing relative down and play Shell Cove then drive back home? You'll home by 2:30-3pm Plenty of time to have a barbie, few beers with your relos.

Thought about coming back after Shell Cove, but I'd rather stay down there for both rounds and make the most of the travel time. I know it's a pain, but them's the sacrifices I need to make to appease family...:|

Matt 3 Jab
16th January 2012, 08:06 PM
Jono, can we do 5 or should i pull the pin??

Peppas
16th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Jono, can we do 5 or should i pull the pin??

Should still be able to do a group of 3 & a group of 2...

Matt 3 Jab
16th January 2012, 09:03 PM
No worries, ill see you all down there

Jono
16th January 2012, 09:15 PM
Matt, let's work it out when we get there. I'm happy to play in a group of two.

Peppas
16th January 2012, 09:24 PM
Matt, let's work it out when we get there. I'm happy to play in a group of two.

Jono if you want to play with Matt you will have to play in the group of 3 so you have someone to mark your card for the comp. Unless you want to play social?

So probably the best groups taking this into account would be:

Group 1 - Jono, Matt, 2putts

Group 2 - Gomer, Peppas

That way Gomer and I can give continual shit to each other and 2Putts can guide you guys around the course being the other local.

Peppas
16th January 2012, 09:37 PM
Plus, if Shell Cove is out of carts you will have to carry Jono around. Sorry mate :P

Stuartd147
16th January 2012, 10:04 PM
Buzz me guys when you finish at Shell Cove and we can work out tee time for Port Kembla, and let me know if I have to organise carts....they do have a curfew for when they want the carts back, so we can wprk that out when you know how you are travelling....Jono has my number.....stu

Stuartd147
17th January 2012, 10:27 PM
Hey guys nice to catch up with you and I hope you enjoyed Port Kembla today! A bit windy but the course is in good nick. Matt you really do need to work on your drives...NOT...driver 290m then 6 iron to our 500m par 5....nice work that!

Jono...stick with the I15 driver and sell all the others!!!!!!!!!!!

....Stu

Matt 3 Jab
18th January 2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the games guys, was great to meet you all.

Shell Harbour links - highlights were having +8, hitting 6 iron to a foot on a par 3 (8th hole?), and duffing a 3 wood on the 18th, hitting 3 iron to 90 out and making the shot for birdie.

Port Kembla - highlights were the food, the carts, not having to keep score, jono's hooks, my balloons into the wind, and stu having about 3 over all round without trying. and reaching the 18th in 2 was nice at the end to finish for birdie

Peppas
18th January 2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks for coming down for the day Matt. Nice to meet you and well played. I enjoyed watching you smoking it off the tee! Also thanks to Gomer and 2Putts for the round at Shell Cove.

Jono
18th January 2012, 10:22 PM
Is Gomer in the medical profession?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_God

;)