PDA

View Full Version : South pacific travel

Collis
27th December 2011, 06:06 PM
Going to South Pacific in November.
Missus wants to go to Fiji, wondering if anyone has been round there and can recommend good courses, things to do, places to stay.

Havent locked in Fiji yet but will be south Pacific.

sms316
27th December 2011, 09:02 PM
Been to Fiji but didn't take the clubs. From what I saw they looked pretty basic. The course at Denerau might have been ok and they were building Vijay's track on the Coral Coast back then.

Fiji is a funny place. People are generally fantastic. Suva and to a lesser extent Nadi are probably not the best place for white people to go. Some of the locals see white people as being rich and therefore a target for getting money out of them.

The beaches are shit. Nothing compared to Australia, but the water is fantastic.

If I ever went again it would be to an island resort.

Collis
27th December 2011, 10:37 PM
The one on the coral coast looks good only $85 which isnt to bad.

Thinking i might not get to much time seeing its for the honeymoon - she can shop ill play golf.

Courty
27th December 2011, 10:43 PM
Send BrettM a PM. He used to manage the maintenance of a course or two over that way (Natadola Bay was one, from memory).

Collis
27th December 2011, 10:52 PM
cheers thanks Courty

BrettM
28th December 2011, 07:32 AM
Collis,

Have a look at this thread about the course at Natadola:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/15297-Natadola-GC-Fiji?highlight=natadola

Natadola is the best course there but is isolated around 45 minutes from Nadi. If you want more choices of resorts and good access to the islands then the best bet is to stay on Denarau. Try The Westin and eat at the marina at Cardos.