PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Just saw this awesme scoopon deal at the Hills Jimboomba SE Qld

i Golf
22nd December 2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/7092/only-29-for-a-fantastic-round-of-18-holes-for-2-people-115-value?utm_source=scoopon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

This is now the best offer I have seen on the net for a golf deal,

AndyP
22nd December 2011, 08:19 PM
I suppose. It's still Hills though.

BrisVegas
22nd December 2011, 08:33 PM
That's good value. It'd be worth that just to cruise around in a cart and drink beers.

TheTrueReview
22nd December 2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks iG. Great deal.

In reality the Hills may be getting less than $20 out of this deal. Perhaps worrying times out there at the Hills. :???:

timah!
22nd December 2011, 08:39 PM
That's good value. It'd be worth that just to cruise around in a cart and drink beers.

And a couple of practice pills...

timah!
22nd December 2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks iG. Great deal.

In reality the Hills may be getting less than $20 out of this deal. Perhaps worrying times out there at the Hills. :???:

Worrying? Hardly.

Daves
22nd December 2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks iG. Great deal.

Plenty of deals like this around lately. Ipswich was doing the same plus a meal for $18 at one stage! Reddie Bay and Carbrook are offering the same for $49 on Great Rounds. Even Indooro and Sanctuary Cove are doing deals. The idea is to generate traffic that translates into fuller price repeat business. I guess they are guaranteed something out of it at least. Spend money on an advertising campaign and you are guaranteed nothing!.

i Golf
22nd December 2011, 08:47 PM
I'll go out and have a hit with a few mates and split the total cost between the four of us, we always have a meal and a few beverages in the bar and usually throw in a tenna each in a pokie its the only time I'll play them. Usually ends up costing us about $50 each still cheap in the scheme of things.

ddasey
22nd December 2011, 08:49 PM
I bought one.

For $29 it's worth a look. Will take the old man out for a round.

Daves
22nd December 2011, 08:50 PM
I bought one.

For $29 it's worth a look. Will take the old man out for a round.

I bought one too, because I like to watch Lagerlover hit shanks!:wink:

TheTrueReview
22nd December 2011, 08:51 PM
Plenty of deals like this around lately. Ipswich was doing the same plus a meal for $18 at one stage! Reddie Bay and Carbrook are offering the same for $49 on Great Rounds. Even Indooro and Sanctuary Cove are doing deals. The idea is to generate traffic that translates into fuller price repeat business. I guess they are guaranteed something out of it at least. Spend money on an advertising campaign and you are guaranteed nothing!.

Yeah, understand. But it's the incredibly low price of the deal that has raised my concerns & the lack of a natural disaster such as that which has caused Ipswich to get on the Scoopon roundabout.

Lagerlover
22nd December 2011, 08:57 PM
I bought one too, because I like to watch Lagerlover hit shanks!:wink: Sadist

Newy
22nd December 2011, 09:03 PM
I love the Hills, great practice facilities, testing course and you can get on anytime. There's a couple of quirky holes but you just have to accept them as challenges rather than writing them off as stupid. They have been doing a bit of work out there recently and have just started to get the greens back into decent condition, so I think they may be trying to entice people back out there to give it another go. Well worth the money.

markTHEblake
22nd December 2011, 09:09 PM
The idea is to generate traffic that translates into fuller price repeat business.

But does it? Once you sell yourself at a lower price then Joe Public wants to pay that price every time.

MAZA68
22nd December 2011, 09:30 PM
I suppose. It's still Hills though.

Can't be worse than Wolston Park.

AndyP
22nd December 2011, 09:45 PM
Good comeback, child.

Also off-topic.

MAZA68
22nd December 2011, 10:10 PM
Good comeback, child.

Also off-topic.

Yep, lots of kids playing at Hills, most of them up and coming golfers. When did you last play Hills AndyP??

Always find Hills a challenging course that plays different everytime, tests the long game and shot selection. Well worth a cruise out for a game. ISG usually have some good deals as well.

MAZA68
22nd December 2011, 10:15 PM
I'll go out and have a hit with a few mates and split the total cost between the four of us, we always have a meal and a few beverages in the bar and usually throw in a tenna each in a pokie its the only time I'll play them. Usually ends up costing us about $50 each still cheap in the scheme of things.

You'll need your long game out there i Golf.

AndyP
22nd December 2011, 10:23 PM
I haven't been out there for a few years, but it's disappointed me the times that I have given it a chance. It sounds like the condition is improving, which it had to from where it was. Some of the holes are a bit too silly for me, although WP has it's share of those, so I may have more tolerance now.

It's definitely worth trying the course (BV, did you ever get around to playing it?), but I'd prefer something closer than making the drive out to Jimboomba.

BrisVegas
22nd December 2011, 10:25 PM
yeah, I had a hit a few weeks back. it was a bit rough, and there were a few poor/crazy holes. i liked wolly park better actually.

AndyP
22nd December 2011, 10:49 PM
I couldn't remember if you had played it recently or you were going to, but then took your guests to Brooky instead. It's crossed off your list now.

Daves
23rd December 2011, 06:27 AM
Sadist

Don't you mean Masochist!