PDA

View Full Version : Nikes, I just couldn't resist

2strikes
21st December 2011, 01:55 PM
Hello, my name is Peter and I'm a club junki http://www.freegolfinfo.com/forums/image/s4.gif. I bought a set of Nike clubs just because they seemed unusual and just looked sweet even though they are lefties and I'm a righty! They have a blade like head with low cog weighting. They have a thin alloy plate the back of the head and it dents easy. The actual face is thin. The shafts are Uniflex but not like today's Uniflex, these are distinctive for the steps being 7in number 1/2"apart in the middle of the shaft. There are a couple elsewhere but I am drawn to the middle. The only clue is the wrap on the shaft and engraving on the hozel, NDS. Do you need a pic or is this enough explanation to tell me an age and quality ? 8-)

TheTrueReview
21st December 2011, 02:26 PM
Age = 7 years 3 months. Quality = Fair.

http://bit.ly/uDTNif

2strikes
21st December 2011, 02:54 PM
Wow! that was quick. I bought them a week ago as my son,a lefty, was visiting from Newcastle. Bummer really, by the end of the game he was completely out of patience and may not play again till 50. He's only played a handful of games. I was told that in there day they were very expensive. How did you pick them so quickly?

Bruce
21st December 2011, 03:16 PM
I had a set of Nike NDS when I was just starting out.

They were NOT expensive then and were an entry level offering from Nike in about 2004.

2strikes
21st December 2011, 03:36 PM
It's strange how far opinions can stretch. The bloke before me had new cord grips fitted and the local "pro" told him they came out at a $1000 price tag originally. you have said fair, another say great. I don't mind that much I bought them for $100 for my son to use while here at xmas. He's only had a few games and after yesterday, probably won't again until he's 50 ! Other than the grips is it worth salvaging the shafts and replacing them so they can be hired out at the shop,they only have one crappy set of lefties.