PDA

View Full Version : Footjoy XPS 1

rodders
19th December 2011, 08:55 PM
Never really gave much thought to my shoes just as long as they were comfy. Been playing last year in mainly Adidas adipures which are low lying style with thin cleats.

Only problem recently has been a stress fracture I got playing rugby 20+ years ago flares up from time to time and seemed to hurt more recently when wearing the adipures. Looked around and saw these new FJ shoes.

The XPS 1's have a wider base that they say gives more stability - well they work!

Always thought a lot of golf stuff in shoes etc was marketing crap but these feel really different and stable. Better stil, foot did not ache at all.

Shot my best score ever at new club (6 over, I play off 10) and the only thing I can put it down to was how stable I felt in these new shoes. Immediately ordered another pair today so to rotate.

If you have an ache in the feet, I'd say give these a go.

Minor_Threat
19th December 2011, 09:00 PM
I also get very sore feet wearing the adipures. Will definitely keep these in mind!

Captain Nemo
19th December 2011, 09:01 PM
Footjoys make the best shoes, IMO!
All my 5 pairs are Dryjoys or Dryjoys Tours!

dave1
20th December 2011, 01:46 PM
I have FJ icons and at first they are hard as nails, with some dubin and wet newspaper rolled up into a ball inside the shoe for 24 hours they stretched nicely

icons have a very narrow heel though, I also have adidas adupure nuovo for practice, they are very comfy too.