PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 12th December 2011

Cosmopolite
12th December 2011, 01:04 AM
we had our christmas open bash today. had a very ordinary 28 points after starting off strongly then lost the plot. sigh

no hamper or turkey for me this year.

this is my drive on the 15th at Snakelands:

Pieface
12th December 2011, 11:36 AM
Nice one Cosmo. I hope you hacked it out of there ala Yoss the vegetation vandal!

Some good scores around this week well done everyone.

matty
12th December 2011, 04:48 PM
You won't believe it but a mate and I braved it this morning. Were booked in for Katoomba but rang on the way and they said you couldn't see the first green due to the rain and cloud. Due to it being ten degrees colder and raining we played at Springwood instead. A fun track, nothing flash. Surprisingly they let us use a cart. Must be cash-strapped.

Anyway, had 12 over, including a triple on a par 3, and a couple of fat shots that went nowhere due to really wet lies. Walked off fairly happy, considering the conditions. Drove the par 4 10th and lipped out for eagle. Had to settle for bird. 8)

It beat sitting at home or being at work.

oncewasagolfer
14th December 2011, 07:37 PM
Played a bisque par yesterday and took out a grade with +7. Had 3 losses off trying to play safe on par 4s and hitting 3 iron behind trees argh. Anyway lost 1.2 shots on my handicap down to 10.5 now.

LeftyHoges
16th December 2011, 06:06 PM
Played the first round of our clubs summer knockout on Wednesday night, basic handicap matchplay. Shot 73 off the beater to win on the 19th (with par) against a 15 marker who did very little wrong all night. Was 2 down with 4 to play but won 15 & 16 with birdies and 17 with par where I didn't have to give him a shot. Lost 18 with bogey (classic choke) but didn't have to give a shot on the first playoff hole so regulation par was enough to do it.
9/14 Fairways
12/18 GIR
31 Putts
3 birdies
11 pars
4 bogies

oz
17th December 2011, 05:01 PM
37 points at Thurgoona today. Triple bogey on 16, and a couple of 3 putts more than offset three birdies. 76 gross with too many missed opportunities.

Courty
17th December 2011, 05:19 PM
Meh (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/350-8235374-8235737).

mike
17th December 2011, 05:26 PM
I waved to you guys from the 18th. Buncha snobs.

How did you find the course?

Courty
17th December 2011, 06:30 PM
I waved to you guys from the 18th. Buncha snobs.

How did you find the course?

We were wondering where you were (saw the big red V in the car park).

Course was good. Greens were great (apart from the temporaries, even though I parred them all).

haysey
17th December 2011, 06:48 PM
Course was good. Greens were great (apart from the temporaries, even though I parred them all).

Temporaries bite. I didn't par them all.

TourFit
17th December 2011, 08:57 PM
Played a 4BBB Stableford comp at Mt Lawley this morning...

Lost on a countback with 50 pts :shock:. I would have had 38 pts on my own, with a wipe too! My partner scored a couple of 4 pointers, which over-ruled my 3 points...A nice two pack of good wine (about $80 I reckon) just in time for Chrissy. NICE!

Good to be playin' well again and to be on top of the leaderboard two weeks in a row.

AndyP
17th December 2011, 09:55 PM
Wow! Even an administrator of the forum can't start a new thread.

Yossarian
17th December 2011, 11:07 PM

Lost on a countback with 50 pts :shock:. I would have had 38 pts on my own, with a wipe too! My partner scored a couple of 4 pointers, which over-ruled my 3 points...A nice two pack of good wine (about $80 I reckon) just in time for Chrissy. NICE!

Good to be playin' well again and to be on top of the leaderboard two weeks in a row.

Too bad it wasn't the matchplay final.

Courty
18th December 2011, 04:04 PM
Wow! Even an administrator of the forum can't start a new thread.

:roll:

Can't be arsed checking the date.

jimandr
18th December 2011, 09:37 PM
For my first appearance in this section for four months I am definitely not going to start a new thread, particularly as my lack of enthusiasm for golf was punished by the game.

I am really struggling with golfing motivation, but for once the Sydney Sunday weather was favourable for golf, so I took the plunge. A very disappointing 29 points was the result. I hit a lot of good shots early, for not much reward, but I got punished for every bad shot I hit, of which there were quite a few on the back.

I'm a bit sad to report that I didn't really enjoy it all that much. It could be a while until I play again.

Bruce Dickinson
19th December 2011, 12:09 PM
37 points with 22 on the back nine, shoulder turn was much better which resulted in much better ball striking. For the Perth guys thinking about playing Joondalup, you may want to wait a couple of weeks as the greens were average at best

rubin
19th December 2011, 12:14 PM
I Played shit. felt something twinge in my left shoulder on the range beforehand and just couldn't get the rotation or anything from there on. Greens were very, very slow, a bit poor really (could drop a ball at shoulder height and leave a small plug mark).

AndyP
19th December 2011, 12:32 PM
18/12/11, Wolston Park GC, Stroke.

5/11 effective tee-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
8/10 up and down successes.
28 putts. (No Three Stabs Streak Count - 19.)
------------------------
11 pars.
7 bogeys.

Scoring: PBBPBPPBB PBPPPPPBP
Score (http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/Scorecard/rounds/20111218-p82.html): 40-34-74 nett 65 (Par 35-32-67 ACR 65)

H/cap Change: Down 0.4 to 8.3.

Unlike the last couple of rounds, I actually wanted to play golf and went in with no expectations. The result was quite a good round. There was nothing spectacular, but I rarely missed by too much which made it easier to get up and down, and if I did get in trouble I restricted the damage. Having a little time off was good for resetting my putting, as my head was starting to get in the way of putts.

Next round: I’m booked in for a comp round on NYE, but I will have a couple of social hits before then. I need to start ramping up for pennant trials at the end of January.

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 03:18 PM

This firstly was a good effort, backing up last weeks ML win you had.

Too bad it wasn't the matchplay final.

Well that certainly doesn't matter now. After yesterday's game that followed the runner up effort of Sat, your form right now (golfing) is so hot it's sizzling.

What did you start eating OR what medication did you start having after that day we played at The Cut? Jebus...:smt107

AND Canuck if your reading, some little local birdie told me last week you are now down to 3. When did that happen? Where did u shoot the lights out?

Oxy
19th December 2011, 07:35 PM
Boxes are unpacked and the family is now settled in Newcastle.

Had my first round at Merewether GC today. Par 72.
HCP 18.

86 for a 68.

First impressions of the course are 50/50, i'l give it 6 months and see how we go.
If you're in Newcastle look me up.
Next round ASAP. Daylight saving rocks QLDers.....

just
19th December 2011, 07:46 PM
Played Nudgee North yesterday. First game in over a month. Had 39 points. New putter got a run and worked well.

Captain Nemo
19th December 2011, 09:27 PM
Sante fe?

just
19th December 2011, 09:57 PM
Yep

Peppas
20th December 2011, 06:53 PM
Had 2 rounds today.

Round 1 @ Mt Broughton - 113 off the stick

Round 2 @ Shell Cove in the Stab comp - 85 off the stick

POW!

KristianJ
20th December 2011, 07:02 PM
Round 2 @ Shell Cove in the Stab comp - 85 off the stick

:shock: Nice!!

Peppas
20th December 2011, 07:10 PM
:shock: Nice!!

Yeah, with a frigging 4 putt on the last hole too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got me the 1pt I needed to get the half century though :)

KristianJ
20th December 2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah, with a frigging 4 putt on the last hole too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what was the tale of your handicap in the end?

Peppas
20th December 2011, 08:06 PM
So what was the tale of your handicap in the end?

I think I'll drop 1 shot :)

KristianJ
20th December 2011, 08:10 PM
Oh, the injustice. :lol:

Peppas
20th December 2011, 11:32 PM
Oh, the injustice. :lol:

Yeah I'll be off 27 HAHAHAHA :)

Minor_Threat
21st December 2011, 07:11 AM
Had a comp round at Tuncurry while on holidays yesterday. Shot -1 (37 pts).

The course was magnificent, with pure greens!