PDA

View Full Version : I am a 5 wood HO now :)

andylo
11th June 2004, 02:24 PM
YES!!

Finally the 5 wood I got from nudgee is live.... and thank you very much for the help from Tezza....

Sonartec Royal Collection CV BBD SS PRO
Loft: 20°
Shaft and related info: from Steel Technology... still trying to figure out
Grip: Sonartec grip

I can't HO it last nite (pick it up from uncle Tezza around 9pm) so I thought I will leave it till tonight... but during lunch my tempatation finally beat my logical mind, so I pick up the callaway HX tour I stuck on the top of my working monitor then go to one of the park land around.

A feel warm up swing, get ready, up swing, down swing, BANG, follow thru......

SHIT! The club is LONG!!!!

It goes perfectly straight, carry for a long long distance, land and roll roll roll.... then I heard a super BANG..... it roll to one of the warehouse's steel storage :roll:

I RUN for a super long distance before I reach the ball, pick it up and RUN straight back to my office!! I think I am smiling the whole way when I am running.

Man, I love this thing. :D

Thanks uncle Tezza and Nudgee :)

Iain
11th June 2004, 02:30 PM
Ladies Club.... :P

McMw
11th June 2004, 02:42 PM
u buy 1 club and u're a ho??? :shock: :roll: :lol:

ohhh...you have much to learn....MUCH!!! :wink:

andylo
11th June 2004, 02:47 PM
remeber: I am a HO for the game of golf, not the equipment :lol:

andylo
11th June 2004, 03:15 PM
andylo,

You are a basket case. How long have you been playing this game ?

You really need to get any old club in your hand and just hit the bloody thing. You're so scrambled with technology it takes precedence over how to swing the damn thing.

Get out of golf shops...and driving ranges and play some real golf !
And wait until you can at least post a score before worrying about technology.

Sorry to be so harsh but it had to be said.

But the thing you say is correct :)

Ok, I will listen to you :)

BrisVegas
11th June 2004, 03:18 PM
Super story Andylo. :lol:

I got the mental picture of you running to get that precious Cally ball. :smt080 Glad you like the new 5 wood. Just my opinion, but I'd be using that off the tee for a while.... Straight is the key!

goughy
11th June 2004, 03:55 PM
Ladies Club.... :P

I dare you to say that to jaster while he's walking 20 paces past where your 3 wood landed to where his 5 wood landed (at least that's what I do) :smt062

jaster
11th June 2004, 05:53 PM
LOL....G69 is right...get out there and get amongst 'em mate :)

Now as for Iain, that ladies club served me very well today thankyou :smt019 :smt062 As goughy says....230ish everytime down the middle, sweet approach to greenside bunker for an up and down birdie on the Par 5 17th...DAMN I love this club ;) I'll have a ladies club everytime :P

Jarro
11th June 2004, 06:09 PM
nice score Andylo 8)

you're on your way to becoming a true 'ho :wink: :lol:

i'd maybe listen to Vegas and use it off the tee for a while .... those Sonartecs are long baby :shock:

terryand
11th June 2004, 06:38 PM
Andy, don't listen to some of these blokes they have no idea what there talking about.

You picked this combo up for a song,so to me to get a club custom made, for the same price as a bargin barrel piece of junk,very smart.

Also champ, I tip my hat to you for the progress you have made in 6 months,keep up the good work.

Well done Andy your a champion.

Terry.

AndyP
11th June 2004, 08:08 PM
I think I am smiling the whole way when I am running.

I didn't realise you stopped smiling. :? :wink:

Iain
12th June 2004, 09:04 AM
Now as for Iain, that ladies club served me very well today thankyou :smt019 :smt062 As goughy says....230ish everytime down the middle, sweet approach to greenside bunker for an up and down birdie on the Par 5 17th...DAMN I love this club ;) I'll have a ladies club everytime :P

Just wait till I've had a few lessons, with my new coach, then we'll talk!!!! =; :smt023 :smt098 :smt038

Flowergirl
12th June 2004, 09:12 AM
Andylo.......I think you are great!! That's a great story!

Ok all you equipment hoers out there - answer me this. How much different does equipment really make to a player of my standard? Would different clubs make me hit longer or straighter?? I know that it's all about the swing - and I'm having regular lessons on this - but for a high handicapper does it really make any difference??? Also ball type - feedback wanted guys :D

jaster
12th June 2004, 09:19 AM
As long as you have them to the correct specs (length, weight etc etc) then they will not make much of a difference. You may get a shot here and there saving from a more forgiving club but I think in the long run good equipment will not shave strokes off your score like lessons, practice, playing and more practice. (Did I mention short game practice?? :P)

I have used this analogy in the past but I will use it again: -

You can get from point A to point B in any car, my Ford Festiva still goes 60 or 100km/h just like my friends Suburu WRX Impreza....but it does not look as good, feel as good and you will not receive the same admiration from your peers :wink:

Golfgirl
13th June 2004, 10:28 AM
s#$%! The club is LONG!!!!

It goes perfectly straight, carry for a long long distance, land and roll roll roll.... then I heard a super BANG..... it roll to one of the warehouse's steel storage

I RUN for a super long distance before I reach the ball, pick it up and RUN straight back to my office!! I think I am smiling the whole way when I am running.

Man, I love this thing.

Andylo, you are an absolute crack up.... loved the story... :lol:

Ok all you equipment hoers out there - answer me this. How much different does equipment really make to a player of my standard? Would different clubs make me hit longer or straighter?? I know that it's all about the swing - and I'm having regular lessons on this - but for a high handicapper does it really make any difference??? Also ball type - feedback wanted guys

FG - I think that correct equipment is even more important for women golfers than for men - we need to have equipment that suits us because we often do not have the physical strength to make compensations for bad equipment. My clubs are custom built, and as for ball type - depends on your swing speed, but most ladies should stick to using a low compression ball like: Maxfli Noodle, Titleist SoLo, Precept Laddie, or one of the "ladies" balls by Precept, Optima, Pinnacle, etc... :D