PDA

View Full Version : What is Brisbane GC like?

rodders
17th December 2011, 10:18 PM
Heading up for the wife's and I annual holiday on the GC in January. Usually play 3-4 rounds and thinking of going to Brisbane GC as I have full reciprocals with it.

Never see it mentioned much here so any info if worth going appreciated. Will cost nothing to play but rather not waste time if rubbish.

Ned
17th December 2011, 10:22 PM
marto, jerry, moe are members there.

BrettM is the Course Super there,

reckon you will get some good feedback.

FWIW, is in pretty good shape, and is only getting better apparently.

Marto65
18th December 2011, 06:00 AM
Play it. You wont be disappointed.

When are you up here?

rodders
18th December 2011, 08:24 AM
Play it. You wont be disappointed.

When are you up here?

23-29 Jan. Also have a free game at RACV royal pines which I played before. Have played most on the GC. Always struggle up there with green speed as a lot different to Melb. Always enjoy it though.

sms316
18th December 2011, 09:30 AM
Pleasant enough but nothing memorable.

Marto65
18th December 2011, 10:24 AM
let me know closer to the date and I'll have a game with you.

The greens are great at the moment, and there are a couple of new holes too.

They have done a lot of work lately on new bunkering too ... the course is looking fantastic.

Marto.

Jarro
18th December 2011, 10:28 AM
I haven't played there for ages, but i do remember liking the hard pan clay and cow poo littered across the place.

;)

Marto65
18th December 2011, 10:30 AM
I haven't played there for ages, but i do remember liking the hard pan clay and cow poo littered across the place.

;)

Must have us confused with a 36 hole complex on the northside.

Jarro
18th December 2011, 11:18 AM
Must have us confused with a 36 hole complex on the northside.

Must have ;)

hopeihitstraight
18th December 2011, 12:59 PM
It was a great course wish I could of saw inside of the club. I remember having to go get a beer from the back steps.

backintheswing
18th December 2011, 01:34 PM
Course condition was usually ok when I played it a few years ago, but being next door to the Brisbane markets and forklifts operating doesn't do it for me.

Lagerlover
18th December 2011, 02:16 PM
It was a great course wish I could of saw inside of the club. I remember having to go get a beer from the back steps.

obviously morayfield riff raff.. silly, they lost all the corporate stuff to indro, must be a bit stubborn

rodders
18th December 2011, 07:13 PM
let me know closer to the date and I'll have a game with you.

The greens are great at the moment, and there are a couple of new holes too.

They have done a lot of work lately on new bunkering too ... the course is looking fantastic.

Marto.

Cheers Marto, will do.

petethepilot
18th December 2011, 08:01 PM
Rodders, come and have a game at Indooroopilly! Maybe the Wednesday members comp on the 25th. I will line up some likely targets!

regards,

Pete

rodders
18th December 2011, 08:20 PM
Done Pete. Need to make sure the Mrs is booked into a spa or something. Sell it as a surprise and take off to Brissie.

petethepilot
18th December 2011, 09:12 PM
just remind me early the week before! I am away a bit early in January!

Jarro
9th January 2012, 07:22 PM
I found BGC to be quite a nice layout when i played there a couple of weeks ago ... the new holes were good, and the greens were brutal :shock:

BrettM seems to have the place in top condition also, which is nice 8)