PDA

View Full Version : WA: Xmas eve - The Vines Lakes

Nuffie
14th December 2011, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking about arranging hit on Christmas eve at around 7.30am round Vines - Ellenbrook or Lakes. It's the only real chance I'll have for a hit on this upcoming R&R. For the hit around Ellenbrook, it will be a $35 guest rate. At the moment I'm holding 3 guest spots and require names/golflinks if you have one. So far we have Rubin1909, the 2011 Ozgolf Champion himself and a man who never turns down an opportunity to party hard... Mr TommyG, AND a newcomer to Ozgolf, teckee7. I'll attempt to respond to this thread in the evenings, as phone coverage up here in the Pilbara is sketchy at the best of times and I'm out of the office quite a bit the next few days. The lineup is: 1: NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN, 2. Rubin1909, 3. TommyG and 4. Reserve TBA (too bad I wasn't watching my phone in the girly dingle dangles shop today, no homo, geeez!).

rubin
15th December 2011, 01:16 AM
I'm keen nuff. Comp, or no comp - Rocko doesn't have a comp round that day, so I won't be there.

Nuffie
15th December 2011, 07:30 AM
I'm keen nuff. Comp, or no comp - Rocko doesn't have a comp round that day, so I won't be there.Ok, I'll try find out if you can play the comp or not. PM me ur GL and I'll ring the club today.

Nuffie
15th December 2011, 06:16 PM
Rubin you can play in the comp as long as not too many members book the day before on The Lakes. It's a bit too early to tell how busy it will be and I can't book The Lakes yet.

But if we decide to go Ellenbrook (non-comp) there is still spots left for two other ozgolfers to join us.

Here's a chance for Veeman and TourFit IF they want to get their match done and dusted.

The club manager gave me permission for 3 affiliated guests to play in my group. Just not sure if this will be round the Lakes (in the comp) - it will depend on how many people are booked in two days prior.

So I'm holding a group on Ellenbrook at 7.32am FOR NOW.

Nuffie
15th December 2011, 07:17 PM
Mmm... no nibbles from Veeman yet and TourFit just declined the opportunity to set the matchplay up in this game.

It's looking more and more imminent now - that any chance of them completing their matchplay final by the due date is just about done and dusted :roll:. Boat missed...... TOOT TOOT TOOT!

MegaWatty
15th December 2011, 10:26 PM
The final is being played at Hartfield tomorrow.

idgolfguy
15th December 2011, 11:08 PM
What is their deadline?

veeman
16th December 2011, 12:09 AM
The final is being played at Hartfield tomorrow.

Why wasnt I invited?? I am booked in tomorrow

Pieface
16th December 2011, 11:26 AM
Just listen for the sound of TF choking out on the back 9.

Nuffie
16th December 2011, 05:04 PM
Just listen for the sound of TF choking out on the back 9.

Are you free for this Pieface? I've got a spot left if your keen and you'll get to see our new house that I've been meaning to invite you and the guys round to see if they have time after. We should be done around 12-12:30.

Pieface
16th December 2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks Nuff but I am no chance for Xmas eve.

Got a function with friends already.

tommyg
19th December 2011, 10:21 PM
Can you pencil me in for saturday morning nuffie? As long as its not comp though... I'll just get it past the mrs

rubin
19th December 2011, 10:39 PM
Can you pencil me in for saturday morning nuffie? As long as its not comp though... I'll just get it past the mrs

I would guess u could still play, comp or not mate.

teckee7
19th December 2011, 11:25 PM
Hi mate, is there a spare spot?

idgolfguy
20th December 2011, 12:08 AM
There is Nuffie, Rubin and two spares last I spoke to him.

tommyg
20th December 2011, 12:29 AM
Ive got approval..... count me in.

Nuffie
20th December 2011, 07:35 AM
Hi mate, is there a spare spot? Yes you are welcome. Always keen to meet a new face in Ellenbrook town. I believe we now have a 4 ball. Rubin, TommyG, teckee7 and me. The OP post just got screwed up in my iphone edit whilst on my morning busride again. We may catch up with IDGG at the end unless he pulls from the comp and we can book another group on Ellenbrook. I reckon non comp on Christmas eve is a better choice as there's to many festive distractions in the head to worry about it. Lets keep it an enjoyable social hit.

rubin
20th December 2011, 10:42 AM
Yes you are welcome. Always keen to meet a new face in Ellenbrook town. I believe we now have a 4 ball. Rubin, TommyG, teckee7 and me. The OP post just got screwed up in my iphone edit whilst on my morning busride again. We may catch up with IDGG at the end unless he pulls from the comp and we can book another group on Ellenbrook. I reckon non comp on Christmas eve is a better choice as there's to many festive distractions in the head to worry about it. Lets keep it an enjoyable social hit.

Like your thinking nuff. Still should put something on the line though ;)

Nuffie
20th December 2011, 07:46 PM
Like your thinking nuff. Still should put something on the line though ;) Of course something will be put on the line. It's WAnker tradition.

rubin
22nd December 2011, 06:38 PM
Nuff - what time's tee off? definate at 7.30?

Nuffie
22nd December 2011, 08:50 PM
Nuff - what time's tee off? definate at 7.30?Yep, 2moro I shall check in with the proshop to let them know our 3 guests are a goer. If not I wear their cost to play so let me know 2nite if anybody is in doubt.

tommyg
22nd December 2011, 10:04 PM
Im definitely in.... ive got a mate who lives in ellenbrook who would gladly fill in last minute if anyone pulls out nuffie so dont worry. Skins?

rubin
22nd December 2011, 10:22 PM
Im definitely in.... ive got a mate who lives in ellenbrook who would gladly fill in last minute if anyone pulls out nuffie so dont worry. Skins?

Dumb question. ;)

teckee7
23rd December 2011, 12:44 AM
Hi Nuffie, I cant make it as I am committed elsewhere. Sorry to be a pain but I hope to play with you guys from WA soon.

tommyg
23rd December 2011, 09:19 AM
If no other ozgolfers want in i should be able to fill the spot if ned be... I hope it wasnt the skins that scared you away teckee

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 12:57 PM
Ok gents, let's get our ducks in a row and tomorrow's format finalised:

I'm going to put in a prize for this pre-Christmas bash. Should we make it for the most skins taken or best net score???

Skins: $1 a hole or 50c a hole?

NTPs on 5th, 8th, 13th or 16th?

Longest drive on 3rd or 9th?

rubin
23rd December 2011, 01:09 PM
is Tourfit playing? :D

no need for prizes nuff. The usual skins breakdown will work i think.

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2011, 01:23 PM
What cap does tommy get?

At the meeting last month, it was suggested that a new playing cap of 10 was fitting based on his champs performance.

rubin
23rd December 2011, 01:26 PM
What cap does tommy get?

At the meeting last month, it was suggested that a new playing cap of 10 was fitting based on his champs performance.

probably very fair. U in JC? Now that there's money on the line ;)

Shadesy
23rd December 2011, 01:29 PM
10 is too less for Tommy. he shot 34 points and 31, so he never once played to 14 at the champs. Just because none of us really did, he won the thing.

12 would be more than fair IMO!

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 02:02 PM
12 hcp for our Hollywood champ it is, who never shys away from the big stage.

We will further assess the cap after tomorrow. Unless he clocks a 40pt score anytime soon, it seems reasonable.

The greens could be a bit slowish on the Ellenbrook side so that will test all our abilities to keep the short puts online to the hole.

No sweat Rubes, NUFFIETHEHOSTMAN has prizes under control.

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2011, 02:52 PM
10 is too less for Tommy. he shot 34 points and 31, so he never once played to 14 at the champs. Just because none of us really did, he won the thing.12 would be more than fair IMO!The committee factored playing conditions into the cap, Shadesy. This is a minor skins game, you guys do what you want.

TourFit
23rd December 2011, 02:58 PM
NUFFIETHEHOSTMAN has prizes under control.

Yeah...fluffy stuffed toys all 'round!

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah...fluffy stuffed toys all 'round! Nah big boys toys this time 'Fit.Teckee7, can u pls confirm if you are still a goer for tomorrow's game thanks. And also, collared shirts only with NO denim trousers/shorts is the dresscode, for your reference.If Teckee7 is out, we may require a reserve. Any nibbles from anyone?

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 09:28 PM
What's going on, I swear 2 mins ago teckee7 cancelled on here but now can't see his post. Who wants in? C'mon JC... I know u want to...

Yossarian
23rd December 2011, 09:29 PM
What's going on, I swear 2 mins ago teckee7 cancelled on here but now can't see his post. Who wants in? C'mon JC... I know u want to...

Have you tried page 1 nuffie?

rubin
23rd December 2011, 09:33 PM
His post is still there nuff

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 09:34 PM
Thankyou Yoss. Looks like the Xmas rush is taking it's toll, guess that's what 10hrs of shopping today can do. TommyG ur mate is in, unless Captain ultra-competitive Canuck makes a move in the next 30 mins or any other takers.

Yossarian
23rd December 2011, 09:39 PM
Jc said he was a bit busy but would love to make it, I think.

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2011, 09:42 PM

I want to, but playing Harty so that I can get home to do family stuff.

Teckee called, he said he didn't want to play due to the fear that Fit would still be there recapping his match play victory to anyone in sight.

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 09:44 PM
Ok, we shall wait for confirmation? I updated the OP (bottom) to reflect why teckee7's dropout wasn't at least picked up today whilst at that crazy Galleria joint, hehehe.

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 09:50 PM
I want to, but playing Harty so that I can get home to do family stuff.Teckee called, he said he didn't want to play due to the fear that Fit would still be there recapping his match play victory to anyone in sight. Hahaha, I bet he's been honking the horn a bit but good luck to him, was a great victory from what Valboski the pizza man told me Wed evening.We will have to play again sometime in Jan JC, have a good Chrissy mate.Alright who else wants in... $35 Vines Ellenbrook round? TommyG is ur mate in???IDGG are u still playing comp on the Lakes 18?

tommyg
23rd December 2011, 11:18 PM
My mate said he'll join us if we're short.... i can probably just tell him in the morning, he lives just round the corner from the course. I'd rather take that american guys money though..... c'mon jc, i can smell your fear

rubin
23rd December 2011, 11:23 PM
My mate said he'll join us if we're short.... i can probably just tell him in the morning, he lives just round the corner from the course. I'd rather take that american guys money though..... c'mon jc, i can smell your fear

$10 skins? ;) i need to finish my christmas shopping. ;)

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2011, 11:29 PM
You boys don't want a piece. 4 birds in 9 holes today.

Shadesy
23rd December 2011, 11:33 PM
I only had 2 in 9 at gossies today!

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2011, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear you had to play Gossies. I hope you recover.

Yossarian
23rd December 2011, 11:39 PM
I had a birdie today.

Nuffie
23rd December 2011, 11:49 PM
You boys don't want a piece. 4 birds in 9 holes today.That's good going... Question is can it happen in comp? That's the tough bit. Will this be the question to bring out the best in you at Harty tomorrow?Yoss, so what happened u had a birdie today? Then what happened... The cat ate it? (r we talkin bout the same sort of birdie?).

tommyg
23rd December 2011, 11:53 PM
I had a birdie today.

Was he cute, yoss?

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 12:05 AM
Haha, the champ is in fine form. I'll be there early to sort the novelties. $1 skins likely, titleist pills possibly up 4 grabs.NTPs on 4th, 8th, 13th and 17th.Longest drive on 3rd.Drive and pitch (or closest in reg) on 18th to close out the day.6 new titleist balls up for grabs, 1 per novelty.

Shadesy
24th December 2011, 12:08 AM
Sorry to hear you had to play Gossies. I hope you recover.

It is a very unremarkable course!! It was better than waiting an hour to tee off at whalesnatch!

Greens were very true I will give them that!

Johnny Canuck
24th December 2011, 12:11 AM
That's good going... Question is can it happen in comp? That's the tough bit. Will this be the question to bring out the best in you at Harty tomorrow?Yoss, so what happened u had a birdie today? Then what happened... The cat ate it? (r we talkin bout the same sort of birdie?).I normally go out and hit a ton of shots when playing 9. Today, I decided to play a serious, 1 ball 9 to try and teach myself how to score again. I hope I can carry it over.

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 12:12 AM
It is a very unremarkable course!! It was better than waiting an hour to tee off at whalesnatch!Greens were very true I will give them that! Played there last about 6 months ago. It seems to be in reasonable nick but quite open and have had decent rounds there when it's only been coming out ordinary, doesn't seem to punish the bad shot that much. 2nd and 3rd are alright holes. But that track is not near as tough as Hartfield or Wanneroo.

Johnny Canuck
24th December 2011, 12:15 AM
Worst first hole in Perth.

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 12:16 AM
Worst first hole in Perth. Yep have to agree with that.

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 12:25 AM
I normally go out and hit a ton of shots when playing 9. Today, I decided to play a serious, 1 ball 9 to try and teach myself how to score again. I hope I can carry it over. Very interesting. Different mindset is adopted here. Not testing the ability to execute good swings repeatedly, but to remain focused and grind out a nine no matter what shot is hit or from what position? Grinding rounds out is the other 60% of the equation (moreso at Hartfield) that we don't always focus on yet is actually more important to gain confidence in doing? Even two weeks ago at The Vines... Do you know how many up/downs I had to get out of trouble and then went on to clock a 76?

Johnny Canuck
24th December 2011, 12:29 AM
I think that is where I have been lacking lately, the mental game. I have been throwing in wipes out of nowhere, whereas I used to be able to scramble for bogeys. It is all about learning to score, again.

How many people play off 3.8 with nothing better than 75 on their Golflink?

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 12:36 AM
This is what the new system allows, only 8 scores to count out of 20 and then a reduction is made again on that average differential. Mental aspect is the backbone, not the ability to hit perfect shots again and again.Everyday life is the same, you can plan for anything and end up in awful positions no matter what. It's our mental ability to recover from any situation that ultimately proves what we are truly made of.Goodluck tomorrow mate. I think ur starting to think the right thoughts to find form. Hopefully tomorrow I can also practice what I'm preaching.

tommyg
24th December 2011, 01:35 AM
Tomorrow you'll be handing over all your cash to the champ. You should model your mental game on mine. Complete lack of thought or any idea brings clarity and beautiful purity to each shot. See ball hit ball win cup. Easy.

teckee7
24th December 2011, 12:18 PM
No mate, I wanted to play but I had work to do so I could not get out of it.
I am into the Skins format, need to make some more money for pressies..lol

If no other ozgolfers want in i should be able to fill the spot if ned be... I hope it wasnt the skins that scared you away teckee

teckee7
24th December 2011, 12:19 PM
Hope you guys have a great knock at the Vines...

rubin
24th December 2011, 03:08 PM
Nuffie - 39 points.
Tommyg - 35 points
Rubin - 41 points.

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 03:40 PM
Skins count: TommyG 3, Rubin1909 5, NUFFIETHEHOSTMAN 10. The day was also played off full handicaps.

The best stableford score was Rubes with 41, finishing also with birdie on 17 and eagle (3/5) on the 18th witnessed by IDGG.

This was good enough to take the bottle of smirnoff vodka.

TommyG gave me $10 and I havent paid anything out (yet). Does this settle the skins?

rubin
24th December 2011, 03:43 PM
I owe u a few $, but didnt have change. Ill get it to u next time mate.

Yossarian
24th December 2011, 03:43 PM
No you still owe me 50 dollars nuffie.

Nuffie
24th December 2011, 09:49 PM
Yoss if u give Veeman a club u don't want I'm sure that cost will be covered.

Today was a new PB around Ellenbrook for me. But Rubin's birdie/eagle finish was something special. ID came to meet us at the perfect time. A magical day for golf in perfect conditions on a lovely course.

tommyg
25th December 2011, 01:38 AM
Yeah thanks for teeing that up nuff. My highlights were both due to rubin's driving. Driving 295m to be only 40 odd short then duffing 2 pitch shots... and then on the long drive hole after some trash talk not reaching the ladies tees. Pure gold. But his last 2 holes were awesome by anyones standards. No-one in the world would have beaten him on those 2 holes today. Beautiful ball-striking. Best ball striking 22 capper in the world. Not tsking snything away from you nuff.... some really consistent golf today... well played mate.

Nuffie
25th December 2011, 12:56 PM
Lots of potential in ur game Tommy. Your short game fundamentals are there and feel is natural. Just tidy that up a bit more and also put that high full swing flop shot into ur bag and u will be a force to be reckoned with. Guess this means our champ can get even better IMO.

Rubin's is another who if he was confident with wedges, could be off at least half his current cap. His putting has improved out of sight.

My game is all about consistency and being disciplined in my drills of preparation. Trying to go after shots throws my 'little engine' out of equilibrium. It's my smooth swings that time the ball further, keep the club on the ball for longer and give heaps more carry/topspin.