PDA

View Full Version : OMIGOD are the Anti-Ho's right?

gazgolf1
9th August 2005, 09:38 AM
I'm scared :smt105 .
Putting has never been the strongest part of my game and lately its been pretty shitty :oops: ,so out of desperation and mainly boredom I pulled by dads crappy old putter (I'll call it the Anti-Ho putter) out of his bag the other day and rolled a few into the trusty Jack Newton putting partner.
Well butter my bum and dip me in hundreds and thousands if this thing did'nt start to wear a hole in the back of The Newton :shock:.So I grabbed my state of the art Scotty Cameron Phantom Mallet (I'll call it the Ho putter) out of my bag and commenced to roll a few and thats when things got ugly. :smt107
The Ho putter would'nt go back properly on the takeaway,it felt too long,even its soft feel at impact felt just plain wrong. :smt078
Now the Anti-Ho putter is frankly a piece of crap,it's a Ping B60 copy that was manufactured back in the late 70's by Emrik,a company who from memory used to make squash racquets and was purchased at BigW or Kmart.
My point is could Fishy and G69 and the rest of the Anti-Ho's be right?,and should I be buying my next set of irons from the Woodridge markets.
My greatest fear above all others is that AndyLo is wasting a good portion of his young life with this Tour stuff and it is effecting the rest of his life by making him buy a hairdressers car and making him kick young nubiles out of his bed before the deed is done.Nooooo Andy Noooooo. =;
Anyway we will find out on Friday if the Anti-ho putter can perform under the immense pressure of the end of week game at Nudgee

3oneday
9th August 2005, 09:44 AM
Bit early in the day to be ON THE TURPS, don't you think Gaz ???

Just lie down for a while mate, Bill and Ben will be along shortly to remind you why you are who you are.... :lol: :lol:

Pete

andylo
9th August 2005, 09:56 AM
WAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Gaz thanks for telling me I have a little coner in your heart :lol:

Hairdresser's car? Been there and won't do it again :p And my "young nubile" walk out of my bed and went to HK so I can just wait. :D

But for the HO putter and Anti-Ho putter......

Gaz, for the things you bought so far I found that you always buy something you can resell easily in the later stage... but doesn't always mean it fits you well.

Probably for some reason the Anti-HO putter fits your better? Shaft length, lie angles of the head and other factors.

So don't blame the HO putter :D It's the HO putter gives you the pride and the ultra soft impact feeling :D

BrisVegas
9th August 2005, 10:12 AM
Probably for some reason the Anti-HO putter fits your better? Shaft length, lie angles of the head and other factors.

That's the most sense you've made in 18 months A-Lo. :shock:

andylo
9th August 2005, 10:21 AM
That's the most sense you've made in 18 months A-Lo.   :shock:

Oi!! :lol:

gazgolf1
9th August 2005, 10:35 AM
Gaz

I am making plans for my overseas holiday next year to the Wilson factory. Let me know if you want to tag along.

Love
William.

If they make a Killer Whale putter i'm in. :wink:

3oneday
9th August 2005, 11:01 AM
Now the Anti-Ho putter is frankly a piece of crap,it's a Ping B60 copy that was manufactured back in the late 70's by Emrias much as it pains me, part of the reason is probably the lie angle. My bro was telling me the other day that irons are now more upright than they were 10 years ago, so maybe putters are as well.

It's amazing what that one or two degrees difference may make to your putting stroke, remembering that folks have their irons tweaked one or two degrees as well these days.

Pete

Ona
9th August 2005, 03:42 PM
does this count as anti-ho behaviour? You changed equipment in search of improved results, and when they came you thanked the equipment. Ho'in doesn't have to be the latest and "greatest", surely.

gazgolf1
9th August 2005, 04:54 PM
does this count as anti-ho behaviour? You changed equipment in search of improved results, and when they came you thanked the equipment. Ho'in doesn't have to be the latest and "greatest", surely.

Hmmmm good point there. :?
Does money have to change hands to count as Hoing?

mike
9th August 2005, 07:42 PM
I've handed over my old 3 and 5 woods to my golf-mad son and bought myself a pair of V-steels to replace them. 8)

Does this make me a ho ?

Please say no.

gazgolf1
9th August 2005, 07:45 PM
I've handed over my old 3 and 5 woods to my golf-mad son and bought myself a pair of V-steels to replace them.  8)

Does this make me a ho ?

Please say no.

Only if you sell them in 2 weeks and buy some Titleist 904f's. :wink:

mike
9th August 2005, 07:58 PM
Oh thank God.

I was getting worried.

markTHEblake
9th August 2005, 09:55 PM
Its ironic that you started this thread Gaz, cos I might be heading the opposite way and retiring my 40yo heirloom.

After getting my bum kicked by a snivelly 15yo in matchplay (albeit a 2 marker) and it was only the putter that cost me, I am having second thoughts about keeping one putter for life, considering how bad its being going the last 6 months or so.

On Sunday night i had a putt with whatever contraption AndyLo was using and it felt pretty good - in fact it felt easy.

Tell you what - lets do a straight swap - my priceless PGF for whatever $400+ unit your using?

gazgolf1
9th August 2005, 10:30 PM
Tell you what - lets do a straight swap - my priceless PGF for whatever $400+ unit your using?

Very tempting......not. :wink:
Seriously though if its not working for you and your pretty sure your stroke is ok why not try something different.

markTHEblake
9th August 2005, 10:41 PM
stroke is ok why not try something different.

cos i never have - there is a fear factor there, i dont know what I would do if old Bessie wasnt in my golf bag.

Jarro
10th August 2005, 12:53 AM
looks like i'm gonna have to talk some sense into you on friday Gaz :evil:

gazgolf1
10th August 2005, 06:46 AM
looks like i'm gonna have to talk some sense into you on friday Gaz  :evil:

when you see this putter I think you'll disown me. :oops:

Jarro
10th August 2005, 08:33 AM
looks like i'm gonna have to talk some sense into you on friday Gaz  :evil:

when you see this putter I think you'll disown me. :oops:

.. put it this way mate, if i don't see the phantom in your bag, i'll be very dissapointed :(

Jarro
10th August 2005, 09:11 AM
...just as I have always suspected...Gaz has always been keen to change teams. :shock:
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

.. so that means that you are already on that team (nttawwt)

3oneday
12th August 2005, 03:24 PM
Something to tells us Gaz ?????

:P :P

Welcome back to the dark side ??? :lol: :lol:

Pete

Jarro
12th August 2005, 03:33 PM
PHANTOM ROCKS :!:

gazgolf1
12th August 2005, 04:52 PM
Something to tells us Gaz ?????