PDA

View Full Version : Talk i Golf into or out of these clubs

i Golf
13th December 2011, 01:42 PM
i Golf thought he needed some wedges so he bought some MP T10 wedges 52 56 and 60 lofts.

I currently have in the bag JPX 800s which I have used once and I like them alot, they are 5,6,7,8,9,PW and GW.

I Have an old sand wedge which is probably 30 years old but it is my favourite club, generally can do no wrong with it.

Now I have these 3 wedges that to me serve no real purpose, if I need to lob up over a bunker to a tight pin I am very confident I can make the shot. I am not a fan of the chip and run and hope shot, I currently prefer to give the ball some air and land it near the pin knowing its gunna stop pretty much near where it land usually allow 2-3 mtres of roll depending on the lie its in or the break/slope of the green.

I have spent a few hours around the green practising how these clubs are meant to be hit, however at my level and result wise, I am getting far better results with my trusty old SW, and it is a dinosaur of a club. I didn't need these trick wedges 20 years ago and can see no reason why at present why I need them now?

So should I persevere with these wedges or get rid of them and spend more time honing my SW play around the greens.

If I sell them they'll go up for less than what I paid for them and 1 of the clubs has only hit 5 balls as I have NFI how to hit that particular one the other 2 may have hit 80-100 balls each so are basically brand new.

Dotty
13th December 2011, 02:09 PM
Pros - I prefer the MPT11 ('conforming' version of MPT10) over other wedges.

Cons - I've gone off the idea of the matching wedge set. (A team of champions will beat a champion team.)

Any help?

Jarro
13th December 2011, 02:14 PM
Stick with old faithful and wait until you've tried out other wedges before making the change.

What brand/model is the trusty old SW anyway ??

mike
7th January 2012, 09:45 PM
What SW is it. I want one.

i Golf
7th January 2012, 09:50 PM
PGF status SW, probably best part of 30 years old if its a day???

Yossarian
7th January 2012, 09:51 PM
Buy the toppies.

yoyo
7th January 2012, 10:10 PM
Dont change things for the sake of it.

i Golf
7th January 2012, 10:12 PM
I just figured they'd be a decent addition, but in hindsight was an unneeded purchase, think I'll sell them TBH.

backintheswing
7th January 2012, 10:17 PM
Just put them in the pro-shop here. Pickup only. You will get plenty of takers.;)

davepuppies
7th January 2012, 10:23 PM
i bought matching wedges, and went back to my old Titleist DCI sand wedge as i love the feel of it....

Yossarian
7th January 2012, 10:34 PM
I just figured they'd be a decent addition, but in hindsight was an unneeded purchase, think I'll sell them TBH.

Sounds like alot of i talk. We should change your name to italk golf.

simmsy
7th January 2012, 11:29 PM
i Golf thought he needed some wedges so he bought some MP T10 wedges 52 56 and 60 lofts.

i like how he talks in the third person. tells you alot about a guy right there.

dave1
8th January 2012, 02:32 AM
Um I use these wedges mp t-10 in 50 and mp t-11 54 & 60

They are great wedges - its the user!