PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Vodafone?

gazgolf1
9th December 2011, 04:08 PM
I put an order in to port from 3 mobile to Vodafone back on the 21/11 for the wife and myself and was told 3 weeks to get the iphones, ok I can cop that. So anyway the phones are due Monday but I still have'nt got a tracking number and since my company (AAE) delivers for Vodafone I'm fairly certain that I won't be getting my phones Monday. I've been talking to a few customers while delivering their phones and 8 weeks has been fairly common.
Stoopid me should have walked into a store.
So is anyone with Vodafail and hows the service?

ddasey
9th December 2011, 04:13 PM
I changed from 3 over to Vodafone about 4 months ago.

So far no complaints.

Had major issues with 3's reception and the fact the most of the time the phone spent 'roaming' which meant I couldn't use the internet / apps etc without it costing a fortune. Vodafone doesn't roam so at least I can use the phones full functionality.

3 cancelled my contract with no payout as long as I signed with Vodafone. They wanted to do it all over the phone and send me a new upgrade phone via mail. I insisted they make a note on my account and then walked into my local store.

Grunt
9th December 2011, 04:43 PM
Didn't Vodafone buy 3?

gazgolf1
9th December 2011, 04:54 PM
3 cancelled my contract with no payout as long as I signed with Vodafone.

How long did you have left on your contract?

ddasey
9th December 2011, 05:13 PM
How long did you have left on your contract?

At the time 6 months.

I had an Iphone 3GS with 3.

Cancelled the contract with no payout to go to an Iphone 4 with Vodafone. I wanted to go on the $59 contract which was also an additional $10 pm handset payment.

They agreed to just keep it at $59 with no handset payments.

gazgolf1
9th December 2011, 05:26 PM
At the time 6 months.

I had an Iphone 3GS with 3.

Cancelled the contract with no payout to go to an Iphone 4 with Vodafone. I wanted to go on the $59 contract which was also an additional $10 pm handset payment.

They agreed to just keep it at $59 with no handset payments.

Thats a good deal.

matty
9th December 2011, 06:54 PM
I left Vodafone a few months ago. Hopeless coverage and drop-outs. No where near as many dramas with Optus now. I hear it's even worse away from the cities.

meh
9th December 2011, 06:57 PM
Vodafone are worse than awful. Their customer service is appalling!

LeftyHoges
9th December 2011, 10:05 PM
Was with Voda, had no probs with them ever. In fact they even discounted some of my bills for me in unfortunate circumstances.

Only went back to Telstra (I feel so dirty) because i live very rural and telstra is the only one with coverage pretty much everywhere I need / want it.

MAZA68
9th December 2011, 10:15 PM
Didn't Vodafone buy 3?

Could be the case both brands work out of the same shop front at the local shopping centre.

TheTrueReview
10th December 2011, 12:54 AM
I left Vodafone a few months ago. Hopeless coverage and drop-outs. ....

Vodafone are worse than awful. Their customer service is appalling!

+ 1. Left them over a year ago to go to Telstra. Love em or hate em, can't beat Telstra's coverage.

WBennett
10th December 2011, 11:25 AM
I've been with Vodafail for a year. Poor coverage, constant dropouts, texts that dont send.

But I pay $45 a month for unlimited everything so that sort of makes up for the other crap.

markTHEblake
10th December 2011, 11:34 AM
Vodafone have upgraded their network. Two years ago everyone was whining about Optus coverage.

Ddasey. vodafone does roam onto Telstras network when you go bush, so check the current pricing for that. It used to be more and not included in caps.

Grunt
10th December 2011, 11:52 AM
It is definitely on where in Australia you are. Vodafone around here is crapand I hear the same from a lot of people around Sydney. Telstra near my home is crap and that is why we went with Virgin (Optus) only carrier that had coverage inside my home.

peter_rs
10th December 2011, 07:32 PM
Vodafone did buy 3.

The new Vodafone next work is 850 MHz and is the same as next g. The transition is causing them grief.

Telstra is number one but u pay. roaming data costs a mint. Telstra was going to block roaming but the have done a deal to share the 850mhz network as Vodafone is spending more on hardware then telstra.

Eag's
10th December 2011, 08:14 PM
Vodafone suck balls, I wish 3 was still around :(

Eldrick
10th December 2011, 08:32 PM
Vodafone have upgraded their network.

upgrading

Johnny Canuck
10th December 2011, 09:31 PM
Vodafone sucks. My wife has to switch from 3G to 2G to get a constant signal in our house. Constant dropouts, like a Queensland high school.

gazgolf1
11th December 2011, 06:41 AM
Wow not much good about Vodafone.

ddasey
11th December 2011, 08:10 AM
I have not been with Vodafone all that long, but so far so go.

I travel a fair bit for work. Reception is OK along the east coast of Queensland. Once you go west or up the the Cape then it can be limited to none.

Dotty
11th December 2011, 08:47 AM
We were part of a 12 mobile plan at work, and switched between carriers often. We were with Vodafone for the longest, as I gather they were cheapest. No need for customer service, but if on the wrong side of a hill in Sydney's North Shore and Hills District, reception was lousy. (Ditto around major country towns.)

My boss spat the dummy 18 months ago, moved his stuff to Telstra, and had me moved over in October.

gazgolf1
12th December 2011, 05:14 PM
My delivery date has gone from 12/12 to 13/12 and then late this arvo I checked and it said 16/12, not a good start.

gazgolf1
16th December 2011, 05:44 PM
Got my phone today, now to port my number over, fingers crossed. :-s

LeftyHoges
16th December 2011, 05:55 PM
Got my phone today, now to port my number over, fingers crossed. :-s

Should be fine Gaz, ports take a matter of minutes these days and rarely go wrong.

Iain
16th December 2011, 06:00 PM
Should be fine Gaz, ports take a matter of minutes these days and rarely go wrong.Bahahahahaha!!!

LeftyHoges
16th December 2011, 06:08 PM
Bahahahahaha!!!

What!?!?

:wink: :lol:

gazgolf1
16th December 2011, 06:18 PM
What!?!?

:wink: :lol:

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/I-m-ready-to-move/Still-not-ported-Over-a-week/td-p/60629