PDA

View Full Version : TV shows I love to watch

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Courty
10th June 2004, 06:38 PM
Following on from Mike's thread: here (http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=271)

I love to watch:

Everybody Loves Raymond :lol: (I married into an Italian family... the similarities are scary)
Friday Night Footy! :twisted:
Sunday Arvo Footy! :twisted:

Anything I missed?

I wish the NBL would come back to Free-to-air broadcasting :roll: :cry:

990B Luva
10th June 2004, 06:41 PM
NRL
ORIGIN
Simpsons
My Wife and Kids
CSI
Funniest Home Videos

Jarro
10th June 2004, 06:52 PM
i mainly watch stuff on Foxtel, not a lot of free to air stuff :x

love the Discovery and National geographic channels .. great stuff.

plus any sport 8)

plus i have a lot of "videos" that i like to watch :wink:

goughy
10th June 2004, 07:08 PM
I"m waiting patiently (not) for get smart to be released on dvd. The only tv show I want to own. My list of must watch shows would be too long to compile here.

Alias, 24, buffy (r.i.p. :oops: ), angel (I miss cordy). God knows what else would be on my list if I wasn't too tired to think straight. 8)

AndyP
10th June 2004, 08:44 PM
6 Feet Under
Seinfeld

I'm not sure if there are others. :?

amanda
10th June 2004, 09:25 PM
If I could only watch 1 show, it would be Alias.

Also love CSI, L&O Criminal Intent, My Wife & Kids (I hope when I have a family we can be that cool! Except for the teenage pregnancy thing!)

mike
10th June 2004, 11:09 PM
Frontline
Simpsons
League
Golf
Defenseless little animals being eaten by carnivores on Discovery

Also love CSI,

Amanda, we used to watch this but it got to the stage the producers of the show seemed to be running out of ideas and now they just think of the most bizarre way a person can be murdered and make an hour of drivel.

markTHEblake
10th June 2004, 11:35 PM
What I am watching now;

Get Smart
Married with Children
Game On.

Goughy, There are no plans for GS to be on DVD, see FAQ at www.wouldyoubelieve.com

Someone does sell approx 80 episodes on Ebay, they seem to go for about $50 - dopey bidders dont realise what they are paying for.

My life long dream is to own all 138 episodes, and have finally got the capture of Sat Tv with mono audio down to a fine art, just tonight. However in getting the audio right have suddenly created an interlace issue that didnt occur before. So gimme a year or so :-). Am preparing to make a DivX and DVD release.

goughy
11th June 2004, 06:37 AM
Goughy, There are no plans for GS to be on DVD, see FAQ at www.wouldyoubelieve.com

I've got that site in my favourites. I check it every now and then to see if it has any news. Personally I can not believe you can get shows like the beverelly hillbillies on dvd (not that I have a problem with that show either) and not get smart. If you ever manage to get a copy of the shows I'll put my hand up for one. :D 8)

I believe that pay has a brady bunch athon this weekend where they are playing all episodes back to back. If only they would do that for get smart. I'd line up all my friends with pay and get each of them to tape me a seperate block.

gazgolf1
11th June 2004, 07:16 AM
Mash (all time favorite).
X files.
ER
Friends was good until they tried to milk the franchise too much.
Will and Grace.
That new show The OC is ok,good perv session.
Smallville
Enterprise
Really there is nothing on TV that I just have to watch at the moment. :cry:

markTHEblake
11th June 2004, 09:04 AM
I believe that pay has a brady bunch athon this weekend where they are playing all episodes back to back. If only they would do that for get smart.

They have had Smart-athons a few times over the years so I am sure that it will happen again. I cant remember how long its being since GS was on TV1 but it returned 1 week ago, and is playing Season 4, Ep 92 tonight, "The Worst Best Man", and next wed is Max & 99's wedding. (OK anyone is welcome to call me a Smart Ho).

Trivia: What is the only thing Max is afraid of (apart from pain, torture and death)?

Golfgirl
11th June 2004, 12:25 PM
Shows I watch:

On Pay TV:
The golf - USPGA, LPGA and a little bit of EPGA....
Tennis if it is on
Skynews
Discovery and National Geographic channels

On free to air TV:
Friends
ER
CSI
Everybody loves Raymond
Sex in the City
the evening news (local and national)
A Current Affair

But mostly I just put the TV on as background noise while I sit here and type crap for you guys to read.... :oops: :wink:

Flowergirl
12th June 2004, 11:03 AM
Frasier
Gee I typed that one and am now really struggling to think of anything else.
I'd like Millionare if it wasn't sooooooo sloooooow!! I am a sucker for quiz shows.
Loved six feet under....so black.but second series not as good as first.

AndyP
12th June 2004, 08:11 PM
Loved six feet under....so black.but second series not as good as first.
Agreed. I wonder when the next series will be on here. :?

goughy
5th April 2006, 07:53 AM
Rehash.

Read at wouldyoubelieve.com that get smart may be coming to dvd at the end of the year. HBO/time life may release it - I hope it dosen't mean those monthly mailed dvd's like hogans heros.

goughy
31st January 2008, 11:13 PM
My life long dream is to own all 138 episodes, and have finally got the capture of Sat Tv with mono audio down to a fine art, just tonight. However in getting the audio right have suddenly created an interlace issue that didnt occur before. So gimme a year or so :-). Am preparing to make a DivX and DVD release.

Borrowed seasons 1 to 4 from a mate (divx's from tv) and he's got season 5 as well.

markTHEblake
31st January 2008, 11:24 PM
can get the dvd rips on torrents too now.

but I am not going to download them, It would make me feel dirty.

shavey
1st February 2008, 01:47 AM
The Unit (have the new eps to air in the US)
Prison Break
Gordon Ramsay (found that quite amusing)
Iron Chef
Spicks and Specks/Rock Wiz
My Wife and Kids (have to agree with you there Amanda) :)
Fresh Prince of Bel Air (just d/l the whole series)

Shows I HATE

Funniest Home Videos!!!!!!!

kpac
1st February 2008, 06:55 AM
top gear
NCIS
grand designs

That's it. But dont really watch them on tele, as the d/l series fro os are a long way ahead (except for ncis which i'm still waiting for)

Fishman Dan
1st February 2008, 08:18 AM
I've been chasing The Shield series 5 for ever. It's 18 months old now. Channel 10 showed up to the end of series 4, and then nothing. Foxtel did the same thing, but never went to S5. They are now at the end of Series 6!

I've now picked up series 5 so I can pick up where I left off!

jaybam
1st February 2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry but my favourite mindless tv fun is a show on foxtel called entourage. Absolutly bugger all story line but as i say mindless fun. Oh also enjoy the golf show on tuesday nights on fox .

Courty
1st February 2008, 05:38 PM
I've been chasing The Shield series 5 for ever. It's 18 months old now. Channel 10 showed up to the end of series 4, and then nothing. Foxtel did the same thing, but never went to S5. They are now at the end of Series 6!!

Put The Shield at the top of my list, too. I've finally watched all 6 seasons and am now hanging out for Season 7 which starts in April I believe.

Also:

Top Gear
The Office (US & UK versions)
Heroes
Dexter

gazgolf1
1st February 2008, 08:37 PM
Dexter
Saving Grace
Sarah Silverman show
Californication
30 Rock
Journeyman
Weeds
The Unit

Eag's
1st February 2008, 09:52 PM
Lost (Series 4 has just started :D)
Entourage
Heroes
Prison Break
Brotherhood
OZ
Supernatural

senecio
1st February 2008, 10:03 PM
Dexter

Dexter

If anyone tells me what happens in season 2 of Dexter, I'll be pissed. Just finished watching season 1 and really enjoyed it. I've got season 2, but haven't started watching it yet.

Ryan

BrisWesty
1st February 2008, 10:37 PM
Top Gear
The Amazing Race
Scrubs (watching the DVDs - can't be fagged staying up till the stupid times it gets put on whenever it is on)
Coupling (when it was on)

Re Top Gear - read the Hamster's autobiography. Bawled my eyes out at the whole horror and hopelessness of what it could be like to either have a brain injury or to be the partner of someone with a brain injury.

goughy
2nd February 2008, 12:14 PM
Lost, NCIS (coming soon woo hoo), enjoying Burn Notice, non-repeats of Medium, Criminal Minds, House. Can't wait till my TV turns up 'cause there's some stuff on 7 and 10 HD channels that we'd like to watch.

raidrboy
2nd February 2008, 12:45 PM
CSI

CSI Miami

Crime Investigation Channel

All sports channels,

The Weakest Link (UK-TV) Channel.

Fishman Dan
2nd February 2008, 06:01 PM
Put The Shield at the top of my list, too. I've finally watched all 6 seasons and am now hanging out for Season 7 which starts in April I believe.

Also:

Top Gear
The Office (US & UK versions)
Heroes
Dexter

Apparently season 7 is the final. I need to catch up asap!

Eag's
2nd February 2008, 06:03 PM
Just watched the first episode of season 4 of Lost, top stuff :D

goughy
2nd February 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm waiting for next week. It's on on thursday, that'll do for me. But when they're 6 months behind........

Grunt
2nd February 2008, 06:40 PM
Fav shows

The amazing Race
Deadliest Catch
American Chopper
Overhaulin'
Bunnies NRL Games ;)
Other Sport stuff too

markTHEblake
2nd February 2008, 07:40 PM
Just watched the first episode of season 4 of Lost, top stuff :D

watching tonight..... i saw the trailer a month ago and i have been like a sailor on shore leave in Bangkok ever since.

Courty
2nd February 2008, 09:13 PM
Apparently season 7 is the final. I need to catch up asap!

Yeah, that's the story. I can't wait. It's gonna be a ripper. :smt023

goughy
24th February 2008, 02:13 PM
Just saw that WWoS is coming back on on sunday mornings soon. About time a weekend sports show was on again. I miss them.

I remember watching WWoS saturday arvo's with dad and then again Sunday mornings. Was great!

Courty
21st June 2008, 08:19 AM
In my inbox this morning...

Tired of watching a football tournament your team isn’t even competing in? Find the spectacle of a dozen fame-hungry simpletons arguing in a bungalow a bit unfulfilling?

Well, fear not, Top Gear is back to make telly good again.

The World's three least-likely action heroes return this Sunday for the first of six brand new episodes. Along with the usual blend of motoring news, interviews, stunts and challenges, we’ll be unveiling our latest epic international race. Take a look (http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/seriespreview.shtml) at some of the highlights from the forthcoming series.

sms316
21st June 2008, 11:01 AM
Can't believe the lack of love for House.

Iain
21st June 2008, 11:24 AM
In my inbox this morning...

Awesome, although only 6 episodes? Their seasons are getting shorter and shorter.... :shock:

Love House!!:mrgreen:

markTHEblake
21st June 2008, 11:41 AM

I watched it once, liked it, but I cant get over the complete "out of character' acting by Hugh Lawrie.

I guess it demonstrates why actors dont like to be typecast. :lol:

Xray
21st June 2008, 12:42 PM
House is an excellent show.
Love Stargate and Stargate Atlantis
The Unit
Star Trek and all its off spring,
Ultimate Force
Anything relating to the game we all love,
The traveling golfer, what a job she has.

goughy
21st June 2008, 01:22 PM

House is an excellent show.
Love Stargate and Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek and all its off spring,

Big fans of House in our house too!

Also of Stargate and it's incarnations, although we haven't been watching it. Rob has an internet pal who was one of the 3 editors of Stargate and then he moved on to Atlantis.

I got her into Star Trek via Voyager which she got hooked on. She hasn't watched much else of it though. She was liking 'The Next Generation' but our vid store didn't keep much of it.

NCIS is my main show. Can't miss it, and I even love the repeats.

markTHEblake
21st June 2008, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Force.

awesome show, especially the first two seasons. it lost its way a little after that when they changed scriptwrites and almost all the actors.

I have seen this come up for tomorrow morning, its a good series to watch if you are really into the finer points of this game.

4.30am BBC World
Spirit of Golf
Spirit of Golf encapsulates the heritage, tradition, nostalgia and competitive skills of the Royal and Ancient game.
Sport 30 mins

Xray
21st June 2008, 02:12 PM
[quote=markTHEblake;234684]awesome show, especially the first two seasons. it lost its way a little after that when they changed scriptwrites and almost all the actors.

Yes the series did loose it's way after the 2nd series. Still quite watchable though.

As a kid I used to like watching Spyforce as well. Younger members are saying what is that show :)

markTHEblake
21st June 2008, 03:45 PM
what is that show?

Xray
21st June 2008, 04:26 PM
It was an Aussie show about WW2, the link will explain it better than I ever could.

http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/spyforce.htm

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2008, 04:29 PM
Has the golf reality shoe "Big Break" made it over here yet?

I don't have Foxtel, but I caught a few episodes when I was in Canada. Not great, but pretty good fun.

markTHEblake
21st June 2008, 04:49 PM
It was an Aussie show about WW2, the link will explain it better than I ever could.

Seems quite good, and starting to ring a very faint bell. Hopefully its around on DVD and I'll get it sometime.

Seems similar to "Rush" that its a quality show from the same era that never reached dizzy heights.

Xray
21st June 2008, 06:40 PM
I remember Rush, Ballarat gold fields with John Waters.

AndyP
13th August 2008, 10:20 PM
If anyone tells me what happens in season 2 of Dexter, I'll be pissed. Just finished watching season 1 and really enjoyed it. I've got season 2, but haven't started watching it yet.

The missus and I have been watching this the last few nights. We keep watching one more episode.

The shows I'm waiting on now are:
House
Lost
Heroes
Entourage
and Dexter when we finish the 2 seasons.

I used to claim I don't watch TV, but that's a few shows that I watch now.

adlo
13th August 2008, 10:53 PM
We are smashing our way through Star Trek: Voyager for the second time. My wife is a massive ST fan. Mainly Next Gen/Voyager.

Other recent pick ups have been: Nathan Barley (for fans of great BBC comedy) and Spaced (Simon Pegg is a legend).

We don't actually watch TV, don't even have access. Just watch DVD's and anything I grab by Bit Torrent.

goughy
14th August 2008, 06:16 AM
We are big voyager fans too. Started to get rob into next g, but the video shop stopped getting in the dvd's.

adlo
14th August 2008, 09:37 AM
Download it. Files will be huge but worth it. Next Gen is great.

poidda
15th August 2008, 02:17 PM
I've been watching one called The Black Donnellys. A bit of a Boston Sopranos. For some reason it got canned, but worth a look.

Iain
13th September 2008, 07:08 PM
AndyP and Senecio, would I be able to pinch Dexter off one of you? Sounds interesting.

Iain

AndyP
13th September 2008, 07:23 PM
No, but I have a mate that might be able to get it to you. :mrgreen:
He'll trade you for a stopwatch.

FWIW the missus and I are halfway through Season 2. Season 3 should start in the states soon, I think.

In fact a lot of the TV series are kicking off.

senecio
13th September 2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry Iain, not sure I still have it. I'll have a look through my discs and get back to you.

Iain
13th September 2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Andy, I'll have to organize to come get it off your mate sometime soon!!

No Probs Ryan, thanks anyway.

adlo
13th September 2008, 07:56 PM
We finished Voyager and the last 2 series of Next Generation.

Downloaded "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace". This is bloody funny stuff. Deliberately tacky, but very witty.

Also downloaded and watched series 5 of "Peep Show". Another classic (albeit crude) British comedy.

gazgolf1
13th September 2008, 08:08 PM
Nuthin really grabbing me on the teev of late...the new series 9 have just picked up called Fringe looks interesting,still watching Weeds and Saving Grace but I have'nt got a show that I really hang out for each week.

Grunt
13th September 2008, 08:11 PM
There is nothing at the moment to watch at all.

Eag's
13th September 2008, 09:27 PM
Nuthin really grabbing me on the teev of late...the new series 9 have just picked up called Fringe looks interesting,still watching Weeds and Saving Grace but I have'nt got a show that I really hang out for each week.

Gaz, get into Entourage mate you would love it :smt023
Season 5 has just kicked off.

dc68
13th September 2008, 09:35 PM
Drawn together, Family Guy, American Dad............. all good.

AndyP
13th September 2008, 09:43 PM
Season 5 has just kicked off.That's the sort of stuff I was talking about. I rarely watch FTA, and don't have payTV.

Courty
13th September 2008, 10:28 PM
Season 3 should start in the states soon, I think.

It's already started. 8)

I also have Ep1 of Fringe. I'll be watching it tomorrow to see if it's worth the hype.

goughy
14th September 2008, 06:40 AM
There is nothing at the moment to watch at all.

I hang every week with baited breath waiting for my NCIS to start. Peeved off they took the repeats off which followed the new episode and stuck that new aussie thing on afterwards!!!

I could take some of that Dexter action too! Been getting nasty reception up here and the recordings haven't been overly watchable lately.

sms316
14th September 2008, 07:19 AM
Almost cringing to admit it, but I actually like Wipeout. One of the hosts (John Henson) used to host The Soup on Foxtel (a stand up type show extracting the urine from talk shows), and was bloody funny on that too.

Grunt
14th September 2008, 08:11 AM
I have watched wipeout a couple of times but it is for that good old human trait of looking for failure. Some classic falls/hits in it.

terryand
14th September 2008, 09:18 AM
Gotta love Two and a half men. Been watching the small runs they used to put on (when Sale of the Century was out of season) for a few years now and it only seem to have gained some recognition in last 6 to 12 months.

Terry.

damoocow
14th September 2008, 10:07 AM
Almost cringing to admit it, but I actually like Wipeout. One of the hosts (John Henson) used to host The Soup on Foxtel (a stand up type show extracting the urine from talk shows), and was bloody funny on that too.

I love Wipeout ! - the kids and I almost wet our pants with laughter each week watching it - the commentary is priceless...

gazgolf1
14th September 2008, 04:01 PM
Season 5 has just kicked off.

I was mate for the first 2 seasons then drifted away,might give it another go.

Julie
14th September 2008, 04:23 PM
At the moment I love Judge Judy, you have to love her when she gets mad at the defendants and plaintiffs before her, and she really gives them a "right bollocking"!!:lol::lol::lol:

Courty
29th September 2008, 04:00 PM
Just a heads up that the Oz version of Top Gear is on SBS tonight at 7:30pm.

Jarro
29th September 2008, 04:48 PM
Gotta love Two and a half men.

I must confess that i am also starting to watch this every night ... it certainly appeals to my sense of humour 8)

Grunt
29th September 2008, 05:08 PM

Will be watching for sure.

Bruce
29th September 2008, 09:13 PM

It was surprisingly non horrible.

Dazza
29th September 2008, 09:22 PM
It was surprisingly non horrible.

Not bad so far.
Some of the camera angles both on the test track and the in-cars were ordinary.
They need to stick to the same angles on the test track each lap so we can get an idea of what it's like, and compare how different cars react around the different turns. They seemed to use a different set of angles each lap.
(Hope that made sense!)

Jokes aren't overly funny. They seem to be trying a bit too hard.
Early days yet, so I'm sure it can improve.

I reckon the Stig is either John Bowe or Jason Bargwanna.

Courty
29th September 2008, 09:24 PM
It had a lot to live up to, and fell a little short. Charlie is a bit of a tool, and the other two seemed to be overacting just a smidge, but I'll still watch it.

dc68
29th September 2008, 09:31 PM
I thought if was shite.... the footy show with cars.

Bruce
29th September 2008, 09:32 PM
For a first episode it went alright. It will develop its' own style over time. I think they have got a lot of help from the UK looking at the credits. There is far more cash on show in the production than I have ever seen from SBS. There are some big bikkies rolling on this one.

Dotty
29th September 2008, 11:21 PM
Not impressed with TGA. Looked like a 55 min Fast Forward / Comedy Inc. parody of the original. I was expecting Steve Vizard to come on and do a Jeremy Clarkson impersonation.

And the show that I love ? Motorway Patrol
Must be a bucketload of outtakes, where the Poly truck drivers aren't so calm about a SooBARoo braking sharply and crashing into his delivery truck.

Grunt
30th September 2008, 06:58 AM
Not bad so far.
Some of the camera angles both on the test track and the in-cars were ordinary.
They need to stick to the same angles on the test track each lap so we can get an idea of what it's like, and compare how different cars react around the different turns. They seemed to use a different set of angles each lap.
(Hope that made sense!)

Jokes aren't overly funny. They seem to be trying a bit too hard.
Early days yet, so I'm sure it can improve.

I reckon the Stig is either John Bowe or Jason Bargwanna.

Reckon it's John Bowe too, just something really familiar with the driving/seating position or something.

Dazza
30th September 2008, 08:03 AM
Reckon it's John Bowe too, just something really familiar with the driving/seating position or something.
The very same thing that triggered it for me too.

Iain
30th September 2008, 01:00 PM
FWIW the missus and I are halfway through Season 2. Season 3 should start in the states soon, I think.

Thank your mate for me. Just finished watching season 1 of Dexter, good show. Something different to the normal.

BrisVegas
30th September 2008, 01:08 PM
I thought Top Gear Oz was pretty good. I was expecting it to be rubbish, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. The little bloke needs to calm down (maybe drop some valium pre-show) and all three of them need to relax, but otherwise it's quite watchable. Petrol heads will watch it even if it isn't that great. There are no other options.

Looking forward to seeing the Ford v Holden stoush next week.

gazgolf1
30th September 2008, 04:26 PM
Just started watching this,funny stuff.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zpMTKvvgk

Scottt
30th September 2008, 04:29 PM
A bloke here at work made a good point today:

If Top Gear Oz was an original concept, it'd be much more enjoyable and watchable than it was last night as a spinoff of an extremely funny, insightful and appealing show.

The lack of originality was staggering. Even the set was a complete knockoff of the UK one, the magnetic strips with lap times etc. They'd have been better off creating a point of difference by doing some things different to the UK version.

Case in point is the US The Office vs the UK original. They took a universal concept and ad apted it to suit their market. Copying doesn't work.

Grunt
30th September 2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe Top Gear made them do it like the UK version.

Scottt
30th September 2008, 04:34 PM
Just started watching this,funny stuff.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zpMTKvvgk

:lol: looks good.

Their nemesis: is that the guy who played the manager of the Swindon branch in The Office?

Bruce
30th September 2008, 09:10 PM
Case in point is the US The Office vs the UK original. They took a universal concept and ad apted it to suit their market. Copying doesn't work.

The Office is actually the exception rather than the rule. Mostly a format is purchased and the owners of the format insist on replicating things down to a very low level. It looks like there is a very high level of involvement from the UK guys so you would expect them to start with the same base. This is their first sale and they are about to launch in the US so they will be testing and tweaking hard.

Dazza
8th October 2008, 08:40 PM
So what did everyone think of Top Gear this week?

Courty
8th October 2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24459517-5016681,00.html

As I think has already been mentioned... if nobody had seen the UK Top Gear, everyone would think this show is fantastic. Unfortunately, everyone has seen the UK version so the benchmark has been set. The Aus version is undoubtedly left wanting, but is still a good production in its own right.

Grunt
9th October 2008, 07:57 AM
I did not mind it once again. Reckon they will weed out some little mistakes in the coming episodes. Have heard that SBS has already budgeted for a second series.

PeteyD
9th October 2008, 08:03 AM
I was suprised with how much I liked it. It does ned to find it's own footing etc, and that is never easy when you are following the format of a succesful show. The proton in the gold mine was classic!

Dotty
9th October 2008, 10:55 AM
Bit better. Ford vs. Holden and GT40 had a blandness about it, just like reading a Wheels or Modern Motor review.

Utes in the quarry was interesting, but lacked the personalities of the Clarkson vs. Hammond vs. May challenges.

But the Smart hearse really cracked me up. Very Hammondesque. (I'd love them to revisit this, by spending a few quid and actually making a stretch Smart hearse.)

Grunt
9th October 2008, 11:03 AM
When I first saw it I thought that they were going to stretch it.

Dotty
9th October 2008, 11:30 AM
When I first saw it I thought that they were going to stretch it.
You've hit the nail on the head. Mythbusters and the original Top Gear are such compulsive viewing, because they actually do these things.

goughy
10th October 2008, 10:47 PM
Thank your mate for me. Just finished watching season 1 of Dexter, good show. Something different to the normal.

Bloody oath!! Rob and I just finished season one now.

Courty
10th October 2008, 10:50 PM
Hooo boy! Just finished watching S07E06 of The Shield. Man is it heating up!

AndyP
12th October 2008, 07:55 PM
Here's an upcoming TV series that should interest those that have read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth fantasy novel series.

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

It starts in the US in a few weeks, and has apparently been picked up here too, although who knows when it will be shown. It's made in NZ and has a lad from St Peter's College in Indooroopilly as the lead character. :shock: I hope it isn't cheesy like the Hercules & Xena series, although the costume designers from those should have won a stack of Emmys. ;)
Jay Laga'aia is in it too, so we're not talking A grade actors here.

Dazza
20th November 2008, 10:20 PM
Am currently watching Season 3 of Deadliest Catch. Yes, I'm hooked! :D

BrisVegas
20th November 2008, 10:24 PM
I'm watching the Adam Hills comedy show. Piss funny.

Courty
20th November 2008, 10:33 PM
Just watched the 2nd last episode of The Shield.

Holy crap... that show is intense! :shock:

I'm gonna miss it after next week. :cry:

mike
20th November 2008, 11:56 PM

Watched it too Dion. I don't usually like stand up comics but he was brilliant.

I didn't know he had one foot.

AndyP
21st November 2008, 07:11 AM
The Mentalist has been added to my TV schedule. So much for not watching much TV, as I've slowly collected shows to watch thanks to the internet.

Flowergirl
21st November 2008, 07:59 AM

It was good wasn't it. :smt038

Grunt
21st November 2008, 08:05 AM
Anyone see the Best of Spicks & Specs on Wednesday night? Some very very funny moments.

goughy
21st November 2008, 08:08 AM
The Mentalist has been added to my TV schedule. So much for not watching much TV, as I've slowly collected shows to watch thanks to the internet.

Watching this one too. Love paper scissors rock.

Just waiting for our provider to get adsl2 at our exchange, which I believe is happening soon... get a bigger faster plan yay!

BrisVegas
21st November 2008, 01:12 PM
Just waiting for our provider to get adsl2 at our exchange, which I believe is happening soon... get a bigger faster plan yay!

Sheesh, there's something so wrong about Toowoomba getting ADSL2 before parts of Brisbane. How much bandwidth do the bumpkins need to check the bom site?

chappy1970
21st November 2008, 01:26 PM

It was very funny, watching that woman doing the sign language, signing the Captain of the Canoe was GOLD, Hairy Captain of the Canoe was also GOLD

goughy
21st November 2008, 06:06 PM
Sheesh, there's something so wrong about Toowoomba getting ADSL2 before parts of Brisbane. How much bandwidth do the bumpkins need to check the bom site?

We have it already, just only through telstra dslams. AAPT are spose to be putting there own in this month.

Johnny Canuck
21st November 2008, 06:39 PM
Good call on Deadliest Catch Dazza, I love that show.

Courty, I need to catch up on my Shield watching. I have been a big fan of that show for a while, but haven't watched it in a while. I own the original copies of Season's 1 to 3 and I think I got my hands on 4. Time to try and "track down" the others. Best police show ever!

Courty
21st November 2008, 06:51 PM
Courty, I need to catch up on my Shield watching. I have been a big fan of that show for a while, but haven't watched it in a while. I own the original copies of Season's 1 to 3 and I think I got my hands on 4. Time to try and "track down" the others. Best police show ever!

Send me a PM. 8)

markTHEblake
22nd November 2008, 12:51 PM
I just finished watching Torchwood S2, ripper of a series and a finale. Shame about the poofta bits but i just close my eyes and think about G69 and DC68. ewwwwww

Its a bit far fetched but its not meant to be the Bill :-)

goughy
22nd November 2008, 06:48 PM
Rob liked torchwood - did little for me though and I'm into sci-fi!

adlo
22nd November 2008, 08:21 PM
I tried a few episodes of Torchwood and gave up on it.

MTB, does it improve? I generally like good sci-fi (which is rare), wondering if this is worth a second look.

markTHEblake
22nd November 2008, 09:43 PM
If you are a Doctor Who fan, then I think you would like it, otherwise probably not. My Daughter loved both shows also, except I needed to select out some of the episodes, some were just not right for the younger kids.

Then again I probably only watched it cos I had the hots for Tosh.

gazgolf1
23rd November 2008, 07:14 AM
I'm right into "True Blood" and "The Unit" at the minute.

poidda
25th November 2008, 03:15 PM

What about Ipswich?

poidda
25th November 2008, 03:17 PM
Season 5 of Entourage is piss funny.

adlo
26th November 2008, 12:35 AM
If you are a Doctor Who fan, then I think you would like it, otherwise probably not. My Daughter loved both shows also, except I needed to select out some of the episodes, some were just not right for the younger kids.

Then again I probably only watched it cos I had the hots for Tosh.
Thanks Blakey, sounds like it is still better to give it a miss.

sms316
26th November 2008, 10:57 AM
I love Wipeout ! - the kids and I almost wet our pants with laughter each week watching it - the commentary is priceless...
Oh great :roll: ,an Australian version of Wipeout is coming. Take a great show, and replace the hosts with a couple of people hopelessly out of their depth. James Brayshaw is about as funny as cot-death and who the hell is Kelly Landry?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24707752-5006002,00.html

Courty
26th November 2008, 05:16 PM
who the hell is Kelly Landry?

Without having any idea who she is, I'd be putting money on her being a bit of eye candy with less talent than Brayshaw. :roll:

Courty
26th November 2008, 05:17 PM
Without having any idea who she is, I'd be putting money on her being a bit of eye candy with less talent than Brayshaw. :roll:

Bingo!

This show may be worth watching after all. ;)

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5731600,00.jpg

PeteyD
26th November 2008, 06:23 PM
Can we say boob job boys and girls, and double sided sticky tape ?

sms316
3rd December 2008, 11:55 AM
Deleted post

(uploading the image was too difficult for this idiot).

henno
3rd December 2008, 12:01 PM
Here is the original anyhow, straight from the author (Includes foxtel's response as well):

http://blog.andyblume.com/?p=372

poidda
3rd December 2008, 12:02 PM
I've just finished Scubs. It is one of the funniest shows around.

Eag's
3rd December 2008, 10:59 PM
I have just started watching True Blood, a vampire come black humor series with plenty of fun bag action ;)

adlo
8th May 2009, 01:48 AM
Has anyone watched Breaking Bad?

I downloaded the first few episodes and it is looking very good. Starring the dad from Malcolm In The Middle, he is excellent from what I have seen.

Also downloading series 13 of South Park... it is as good as ever. New Family Guy & American Dad episodes are great too.

adlo
13th May 2009, 12:28 AM
I am clearly talking to myself here, but I have just finished watching series one of Breaking Bad. Top, top show. Highly recommended.

If anyone wants a great UK comedy, check out "Garth Marenghi's Dark Place". Classic.

Courty
13th May 2009, 05:53 AM
Anyone who enjoyed The Shield, check out a new LA cop show called 'Southland'. Only 5 episodes have been broadcast so far, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

adlo
8th June 2009, 11:27 PM
Just finished watching Series 2 of Breaking Bad.

I have said it before and will say it again, this show is amazing. I generally only watch comedies, but this is an exception.

mike
9th June 2009, 12:35 AM
Currently addicted to 'My Name is Earl'. Piss funny.

Julie
9th June 2009, 06:59 AM
Currently addicted to 'My Name is Earl'. Piss funny.

I love this show as well, I love the one, where Earl and Co, have their own episode of "Cops".:lol:

Yossarian
9th June 2009, 02:10 PM
Just googled breaking bad. It does look good.

zigwah
9th June 2009, 02:19 PM
Welcome back Kotter!!!!

gazgolf1
9th June 2009, 04:44 PM
I have just started watching True Blood, a vampire come black humor series with plenty of fun bag action ;)

Season 2 starts next week Eags....let hope there will be more funbags in the new season. ;)

adlo
9th June 2009, 08:50 PM
Just googled breaking bad. It does look good.
I can hook you up.

It is awesome

Yossarian
9th June 2009, 08:52 PM
I don't normally watch that much tv, but that would be cool. I always liked the guy from malcom in the middle. You see him crop up in a lot of random stuff and he always does a good job.

adlo
9th June 2009, 08:53 PM
I watch bugger all Yoss, in fact I do not watch any free to air, only downloaded comedies etc.

I will burn the avi files for you if that suits.

Yossarian
9th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah mate, sounds good. Cheers!

adlo
9th June 2009, 08:56 PM
OK, will do when I have a few spare minutes.

Yossarian
9th June 2009, 09:44 PM
No rush mate, whenever is good.

adlo
18th June 2009, 12:01 AM
Watching "Snuff Box" again at the moment.

This comedy is out there, but I am finding it funnier watching it again.

Any fan of Bobby Bob Bob would enjoy.

adlo
18th June 2009, 03:00 AM
A sample here:
vZDjWLwqAPY

Johnny Canuck
18th June 2009, 09:35 AM
A sample here:
vZDjWLwqAPY

The comedy equivalent to Ryan Adams.

adlo
18th June 2009, 10:54 AM
That means awesome, and you love it, but will deny it on public forums?

adlo
18th June 2009, 11:00 AM
Ok try this one
nQ2ZVWyOVRI

AndyP
18th June 2009, 11:09 AM
Perhaps your sense of humour is suspect?

adlo
18th June 2009, 11:17 AM
Perhaps your sense of humour is suspect?
Perhaps.

Should I start loving Friends? What other "great" comedies should I love?

I'll try listening to more top 40 songs too.

Dotty
18th June 2009, 11:46 AM
Adlo, any rap parody is dull, compared to Stutter Rap.

As a coincidence, it was performed by Tony Hawk, who did a lot of voice-overs and audience warm-up on Red Dwarf.

Red Dwarf = best comedy ever.

adlo
18th June 2009, 11:50 AM
Red Dwarf is very good.

The Office is the best comedy of all time IMO.

Yossarian
18th June 2009, 11:53 AM
I loved this one adlo

JBtcXujRbAA

:lol:

adlo
18th June 2009, 11:55 AM
Agreed. Very good.

Yossarian
18th June 2009, 11:56 AM
Whiskey!

adlo
18th June 2009, 11:56 AM
Matt Berry's voice is classic.

Have you watched Garth Mareghi's Dark Place?

Yossarian
18th June 2009, 12:04 PM
Bits and pieces, it always makes me laugh. Although I have no idea how you come up with such a show.

adlo
18th June 2009, 12:11 PM
Those guys are nuts.

Seen "Nathan Barley"?

adlo
18th June 2009, 12:22 PM
A sample of Nathan Barley
lhAr_UeroCk

Yossarian
18th June 2009, 12:24 PM
Just you tubed it, looks hilarious.

adlo
8th August 2009, 09:07 AM
I am half way through the Torchwood: Children of Earth mini series. Torchwood does my head in, it is cheesy but compelling. This mini series is a lot better than previous episodes I have seen. Actually really enjoying it.

Yossarian, check out Breaking Bad yet?

zacdullard
8th August 2009, 10:33 AM
I got all seasons of Trailer Park Boys and Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I really enjoy both.

virge666
8th August 2009, 10:43 AM
"True Blood" anyone ?
The Wire
Rome
The Shield
Life on Mars - (hated Ashes to Ashes)
Jeckyl
Top Gear (Series 13 has just finished)

goughy
8th August 2009, 11:09 AM
I really got sick of Life on Mars towards the end. At least I don't have to wait for the next season. I really wanted it to be great and I like the characters, but it felt like it was going no where.

Bruce
8th August 2009, 11:24 AM
Which one Goughy? The original BBC or US version? The US meanders a bit as the scripts are written without knowing how many episodes they will end up doing. The BBC is much tighter.

Iain
8th August 2009, 11:28 AM
"True Blood" anyone ?

Yeah, watched season 1, haven't started season 2 yet, but have the first few episodes.

Also Dollhouse, watched the first season, waiting for the 2nd.

Eag's
8th August 2009, 12:05 PM
True Blood series 2 is even better than 1. They are up to episode 7 in series 2 :)

CobraSS
8th August 2009, 12:14 PM
"True Blood" anyone ?

Yes great stuff have watched Season1 and Season2 upto Ep7 so far, so I am upto date with it thus far.

Rome is good to, pity there will be no more.

Deeadwood was great and should have lasted more than 3 seasons.

Trying out The Wire soon, just D/L Season 1

goughy
8th August 2009, 02:43 PM
Which one Goughy? The original BBC or US version? The US meanders a bit as the scripts are written without knowing how many episodes they will end up doing. The BBC is much tighter.

The US one. I'd kind of like to see the BBC one to see how much like The Professionals it is ;).

Watched the first two of this but just didn't get a feeling for them. Being an Eliza Dushku fan (Faith from Buffy, yummy) was disappointed..

Grunt
8th August 2009, 05:37 PM
Show that I like at the moment is The Librarians on ABC. It is on after Spics and Specs.

virge666
8th August 2009, 05:59 PM
The US one. I'd kind of like to see the BBC one to see how much like The Professionals it is ;).

Watched the first two of this but just didn't get a feeling for them. Being an Eliza Dushku fan (Faith from Buffy, yummy) was disappointed..

I am biased - but UK TV is far more intelligent that the US counterpart.

Dare I say . . . coupling . . . the office . . . life on mars . . . the office.

Might just be my sense of humour but I don't like every joke being explained by the cast.

Johnny Canuck
8th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, watched season 1, haven't started season 2 yet, but have the first few episodes.

A chick at work recommended this. Is it worth the watch?

True Blood series 2 is even better than 1. They are up to episode 7 in series 2 :)

True Blood. I saw the first few episodes of season one and liked it. Is it worth downloading the rest?

Currently revisiting Entourage, all seasons.

AlexMc
8th August 2009, 09:04 PM
Just started watching Love My Way on DVD. Awesome show, tough viewing at times though...

Also bought the second season of 30 Rock today. Great show - not quite up to The Office (English) and Arrested Development but pretty bloody good none the less.

KristianJ
9th August 2009, 08:10 PM
Talkin' Bout Your Generation is compulsory viewing for me on Tue nights...I'be been a huge fan of Shaun Micallef's work since his days on Full Frontal.

Grunt
9th August 2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah it is pretty good, I must I admit I watch it to see how dumb the Gen Y guy can be.

adlo
9th August 2009, 08:18 PM
Just started watching Love My Way on DVD. Awesome show, tough viewing at times though...

Also bought the second season of 30 Rock today. Great show - not quite up to The Office (English) and Arrested Development but pretty bloody good none the less.
I have been meaning to check this show out. If you dare put it in the same post as The Office (UK) it must be worth a watch.

Eag's
9th August 2009, 08:21 PM
A chick at work recommended this. Is it worth the watch?

True Blood. I saw the first few episodes of season one and liked it. Is it worth downloading the rest?

Currently revisiting Entourage, all seasons.

Sure is mate even more tits & arse than season 1 plus loads of violence :smt023
I just finished watching all the seasons of Entourage for the 2nd time ;)

gazgolf1
9th August 2009, 08:23 PM
I have been meaning to check this show out. If you dare put it in the same post as The Office (UK) it must be worth a watch.

Great show, very clever.

I'm a True Blood fan, also Sons of Anarchy, Saving Grace, United States of Tara and Fringe.

KristianJ
9th August 2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah it is pretty good, I must I admit I watch it to see how dumb the Gen Y guy can be.

Yeah...Josh Thomas is the closest thing to a male ditz that I've seen on TV.

adlo
9th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Canuck, I have heard mixed things about Dollhouse, but the overall impression has been stay away.

I hate Buffy, but really like Firefly, so Joss Whedon seems a bit hit and miss.

Russ
9th August 2009, 08:26 PM
I am biased - but UK TV is far more intelligent that the US counterpart.

Dare I say . . . coupling . . . the office . . . life on mars . . . the office.

Might just be my sense of humour but I don't like every joke being explained by the cast.

I'm with you on that one. Check out Two Pints of Lager & A Packet of Crisps - funniest shit I've seen in ages.

Current show I've gotten into is Friday Night Lights. Just picked up season 1 on DVD and spent all week watching it. Ordered seasons 2 & 3 from Amazon before I'd even finished watching the 1st season.

Supernatural is still the best show currently on telly though :)

goughy
9th August 2009, 08:27 PM
Talkin' Bout Your Generation is compulsory viewing for me on Tue nights...I'be been a huge fan of Shaun Micallef's work since his days on Full Frontal.

We watch it, and don't mind it. But that's got nothing to do with Micallef, as he doesn't do much for me. I remember his late night show on 9 that lasted I think one week, maybe 2.

gazgolf1
9th August 2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah Friday Night Lights was good, Lila is Smokin hot!!

KristianJ
9th August 2009, 08:31 PM
We watch it, and don't mind it. But that's got nothing to do with Micallef, as he doesn't do much for me. I remember his late night show on 9 that lasted I think one week, maybe 2.

They did about 9 episodes of that...I found someone who'd created a DVD set of all the episodes (they took up 3 DVDs) and had a set posted to me. Haven't watched it yet, but from what I remember of it, it was awkward at best.

adlo
9th August 2009, 08:32 PM
Micallef seems to be trying too hard.

Agreed with Virge & Russ on UK comedy. Have never heard of 2 pints..... though. The only american comedies I like (that come to mind) have been Arrested Development, Seinfeld, early Simpsons and Family Guy.

UK gold of late:

The Office
I'm Alan Partridge
Saxondale
Mighty Boosh
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
Peep Show

The list goes on.....

markTHEblake
9th August 2009, 08:39 PM
Dare I say . . . coupling . . .
Have never laughed so much in my life,
except for Game On.

I have just finished watching Teenage Kicks (http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/comedy/TeenageKicks/). Not sure if it will ever make it to Oz though. Seems to be one of those shows that the critics and ratings just wont like.

It is almost like Alltogether Now (Jon English) except this one is Adrian Edmondson (Bottom, Young Ones) who is a failed punk rocker who moved in with his teenage kids, (dont expect Vyvvyne, just a fat boring old twit with glasses)

It is the first 'realistic' character i have seen him in, though he has a little bit of Eddie and Vyvvynne in it.

IMHO it is his funniest role over, even had the kids watching cos i was having the giggle fits.

Courty
9th August 2009, 09:05 PM
FWIW, I watched the first couple of episodes of Dollhouse & decided to give the rest a big swerve.

kingslayer33
9th August 2009, 09:27 PM
Being an Eliza Dushku fan (Faith from Buffy, yummy) was disappointed..

Eliza Dushku mmmmmmmmmmm. :smt060

(Even made the chearleader flick watchable ;))

UK comedies here. Red Dwarf always worth the time, the office etc.

Very limited US shows on rotation at my place (comedies especially) although I liked Arrested Development and love Scrubs too.

adlo
9th August 2009, 11:47 PM
Scrubs is OK, but I have never seen the cult appeal.

Same with Coupling. Jokes seemed a bit obvious, a bit cliche.

The last few episodes of the Torchwood mini-series were real crapola.

markTHEblake
10th August 2009, 12:14 AM
The last few episodes of the Torchwood mini-series were real crapola.

i havent watched em yet , not sure if it is going to be the same without my favourite characters.

then again, i hated it everytime they changed the Doctor, yet i found that i ended up liking the new one even more. (except for C.Baker and McCoy)

Scottt
10th August 2009, 06:24 AM
Anyone else got into Gavin and Stacy? Great UK sitcom about a boy from Essex meeting and falling in love with a Welsh girl. Very f**king funny stuff!

Grunt
10th August 2009, 07:26 AM
Anyone else got into Gavin and Stacy? Great UK sitcom about a boy from Essex meeting and falling in love with a Welsh girl. Very f**king funny stuff!

Is it on over here? Have not noticed it on the ABC.

adlo
10th August 2009, 11:00 AM

Is it on over here? Have not noticed it on the ABC.

Don't think so Grunt. Just watched a few YouTube clips, looks very funny.

Downloading Series 1 now.......

This is another show from Baby Cow Productions (Steve Coogan). They make some good stuff.

jaybam
10th August 2009, 11:05 AM
Still like two and a half men :)

AndyP
10th August 2009, 11:12 AM
I saw some of Gavin and Stacey on Fox the other night. It came recommended by my Welsh neighbour, so I had a look. I couldn't understand Stacey's Welsh accent, so changed channels after a short time.

Dotty
10th August 2009, 11:30 AM
I enjoyed Ned and Stacey

... but that's so-1995. :roll:

Scottt
10th August 2009, 03:20 PM
You'll enjoy Gavin and Stacey, Adlo. Rob Brydon, who plays Stacey's uncle, is a rally funny guy.

markTHEblake
10th August 2009, 05:15 PM
Robyn and Dean is a crackup as well. For the after 10pm timeslot there is Reenie and John, or for those who like the other side, Davey and Richey

adlo
21st August 2009, 11:47 AM
Almost through series 1 of Gavin & Stacey. Good show. Quite a few laughs in there. Not what I would deem a classic comedy, but certainly funnier than most.

poidda
21st August 2009, 11:48 AM
How I Met Your Mother is a funny show.

adlo
28th August 2009, 01:43 AM
We were given BBC's Beautiful People on DVD by a friend and told it is a must see.

Absolute shite. Just plain terrible stuff.

virge666
29th August 2009, 08:52 PM
THE WIRE is starting on ABC2.

One of the best shows on Tele... up there with the Sopranos.

There are 5 seasons you can download also. Top Show !!!

zacdullard
29th August 2009, 08:57 PM
East of everything is not a bad show. On the ABC of a saturday night.

Courty
29th August 2009, 09:06 PM
THE WIRE is starting on ABC2.

One of the best shows on Tele... up there with the Sopranos.

There are 5 seasons you can download also. Top Show !!!

I've got the first 2 seasons here to watch, but hadn't started yet as I hadn't heard much feedback from anyone who had seen it. How much of it have you watched, Virge?

goughy
29th August 2009, 09:48 PM
He's 5 minutes through the first episode of season 1

Fraser
29th August 2009, 09:48 PM
East of everything is not a bad show. On the ABC of a saturday night.

You cannot be serious......

zacdullard
29th August 2009, 10:21 PM
:lol: It has some very funny moments.

Got a few shhows off my cousins hard drive tonight. I now have all seasons of Trailer Park Boys, a few of the Office, Californication and Entourage.

Russ
30th August 2009, 07:19 AM
I've got the first 2 seasons here to watch, but hadn't started yet as I hadn't heard much feedback from anyone who had seen it. How much of it have you watched, Virge?

Awesome show. I have all 5 seasons on DVD.

You can't just watch 1 episode to start with. You need to watch 4 or 5 straight to get a good feeling for it. It's not that slow of a show, but every episode ties in to each other, and things that happen in season 4 are directly tied to things that happened in season 1 etc.

Courty
30th August 2009, 08:01 AM
Awesome show. I have all 5 seasons on DVD.

You can't just watch 1 episode to start with. You need to watch 4 or 5 straight to get a good feeling for it. It's not that slow of a show, but every episode ties in to each other, and things that happen in season 4 are directly tied to things that happened in season 1 etc.

Cool, sounds much like The Shield (which I loved).

Russ
30th August 2009, 04:44 PM
Cool, sounds much like The Shield (which I loved).

Whilst there are a few ongoing story-lines - Armenian money train / Vick shooting the cop / Acevada being a douchebag etc - each individual episode moves quicker due to foot chases, door kicking etc ... The Shield is a lot faster paced.

The Wire is about the behind the scenes shit. Surveillance, investigation, paper work, politics etc. The criminals day to day ongoings get just as much story time as well.

What the majority of cop shows cram in to 1 or 2 episodes, The Wire takes a full season to do (12-13 episodes) ... and then you still need to start the next season to see how things continue for the main characters. It's very detailed, nothing gets started & wrapped up in 1 episode, and the good guys rarely win.

It's a friggin' awesome show, but the Ritalin crowd can't handle it. You need patience.

Courty
30th August 2009, 08:54 PM
It's a friggin' awesome show, but the Ritalin crowd can't handle it. You need patience.

:lol:

goughy
31st August 2009, 07:16 AM

So I'll give this one a miss then :shock: :mrgreen:

PeteyD
31st August 2009, 11:20 AM
That sounds brilliant. Might want to fire up the old downloading again.

solarman
31st August 2009, 11:43 AM
i have a few seasons of F Troop.....really showing my age now

Russ
31st August 2009, 04:18 PM
That sounds brilliant. Might want to fire up the old downloading again.

Brilliant is a very fitting word. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill Cop show.

For anyone that likes the way the show is made, also check out Generation Kill. It's a HBO 7 part mini-series based on the book of the same name. It was written by an at-the-time Rolling Stones writer that was embedded with a US Marine unit during the initial invasion of Iraq, post-911.

It's produced by the same people that made The Wire and is f*&^ing awesome!

Just a note:

I'm a person that prefers watching something in Widescreen format (16:9), especially since I have a lovely Widescreen telly. Unfortunately The Wire was only ever aired and released on DVD in 4:3 format. It was never edited/shown in Widescreen, and as such, was never released that way in any DVD region.

Weirdly, The Shield was also aired in the US in standard 4:3 format - the creator even said that's how he intended it to be shown - but fortunately, we here in Aus got the show released on DVD in a lovely Widescreen aspect ratio, whilst the Yanks had to settle for crappy 4:3 :)

CobraSS
31st August 2009, 07:31 PM
Watched Generation Kill and I concur, good show.

TourFit
1st September 2009, 12:26 PM
Deadwood...got all three seasons on DVD. Makes the Sopranos look all glitzy, shiny and tame !! My wife hates when I watch a couple of episodes cos of the language, but it fits with the time & place and adds to the realism.

Also like Entourage (just bought all 5 seasons on DVD) but haven't started watching yet.

The Wire is great. One of the best cop shows I've seen.

My ultimate favourite though was The West Wing...then again I did do history, politics and public policy at Uni so I'm a little biased I guess.

Russ
1st September 2009, 12:42 PM
My ultimate favourite though was The West Wing...then again I did do history, politics and public policy at Uni so I'm a little biased I guess.

Great show!

virge666
1st September 2009, 03:49 PM
How much of it have you watched, Virge?

I have just finished the fifth season. It is just a great show and a great ending. The last 4-5 minutes is brilliant.

I feel sad.

adlo
17th September 2009, 12:20 AM
Checked out the first episode of the Family Guy off shoot, The Cleveland Show.

Wow, that was bad. Like a bad animated sitcom.

Julie
17th September 2009, 06:26 AM
i have a few seasons of F Troop.....really showing my age now

I used to love F Troop:lol::lol::lol:, I think it was on just after The Banana Splits.8)

razaar
17th September 2009, 09:05 AM
Masterchef got my attention, or was it Poh.

Russ
17th September 2009, 01:49 PM
Just finished watching the 1st season of Sons of Anarchy - good show. First 2 episodes of Season 2 just aired in the States, and they were awesome. Gonna turn a good show great!

adlo
17th September 2009, 02:03 PM
What is the deal with that show Russ?

Russ
17th September 2009, 05:18 PM
It's about an outlaw Motorcycle Club - Sons of Anarchy.

The show revolves around Jax. A young bloke that is the VP of the MC. His Dad (who is now dead) started the club after returning from the Vietnam War. Jax finds a journal written by his old man, that talks about his original ideas and visions for the club, instead of the outlaw crew they've become.

That's the main story arc of the show. The conflict between him believing in what his Dad has written, wanting things to change, and the things he has to do just to keep the MC alive. It's pretty much the drive for the show.

The President of the club is his old-mans best mate, and also the guy that married Jax's mum after his Dad died (His mum is played by 'Peg Bundy') :) You kinda get the feeling that the 2 of them are the ones that actually killed his old man, but it's only faintly touched on so far - which means more goodness in future seasons :)

There is a rival Mexican bikie gang. A Neo-nazi-redneck group that are trying to push drugs & hookers in their County. Fights, murder, stalking ATF agents, junkie mums, ex-girlfriends, parties, a Scotsman, shoot-outs, Cops on the take, Cops not on the take, jokes, sex, girls, IRA gun deals, inner-club bitterness, nice bikes - and a guy called 'Half-sack' that had 1 nut blown off in Iraq.

All in all - a pretty good show.

Season 2 started with some new characters trying to muscle their way & agenda into town, (one of which is Henry Rollins! dude is awesome) and they start to do so in a very, very nasty way. It's going to be a ripper of a season!

adlo
17th September 2009, 05:27 PM
That sounds pretty interesting. Cheers for the synopsis.

gazgolf1
17th September 2009, 07:04 PM
It's about an outlaw Motorcycle Club - Sons of Anarchy.

The show revolves around Jax. A young bloke that is the VP of the MC. His Dad (who is now dead) started the club after returning from the Vietnam War. Jax finds a journal written by his old man, that talks about his original ideas and visions for the club, instead of the outlaw crew they've become.

That's the main story arc of the show. The conflict between him believing in what his Dad has written, wanting things to change, and the things he has to do just to keep the MC alive. It's pretty much the drive for the show.

The President of the club is his old-mans best mate, and also the guy that married Jax's mum after his Dad died (His mum is played by 'Peg Bundy') :) You kinda get the feeling that the 2 of them are the ones that actually killed his old man, but it's only faintly touched on so far - which means more goodness in future seasons :)

There is a rival Mexican bikie gang. A Neo-nazi-redneck group that are trying to push drugs & hookers in their County. Fights, murder, stalking ATF agents, junkie mums, ex-girlfriends, parties, a Scotsman, shoot-outs, Cops on the take, Cops not on the take, jokes, sex, girls, IRA gun deals, inner-club bitterness, nice bikes - and a guy called 'Half-sack' that had 1 nut blown off in Iraq.

All in all - a pretty good show.

Season 2 started with some new characters trying to muscle their way & agenda into town, (one of which is Henry Rollins! dude is awesome) and they start to do so in a very, very nasty way. It's going to be a ripper of a season!

Yeah great show, the guy who plays Jax is an awesome actor, I hope Opie gets his own back.

Russ
17th September 2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah great show, the guy who plays Jax is an awesome actor, I hope Opie gets his own back.

Yeah I gotta agree ... great cast all-round actually.

markTHEblake
17th September 2009, 08:28 PM
I used to love F Troop:lol::lol::lol:, I think it was on just after The Banana Splits.8)

no, Green Acres was on before F Troop. the Banana Splits was on earlier at 4pm, just in time for getting home from school.

zigwah
17th September 2009, 08:30 PM
uh ohhhhh chongooooooooo!!!!

Eldrick
18th September 2009, 10:06 PM
My new favorite is on SBS right now. boobs galore!

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2009, 10:10 PM
The Ultimate Fighter. Season 10, episode 1. Freshly downloaded. Time to put everything, including the wife, on ignore for 42 minutes.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 10:41 PM
I bought S1 of the Wire, only one ep in, didn't love it, but a complex setup takes time, so I'mgoing to percivere.

Just polished off S5 of Entourage in two nights. Loved it, up there with S2 and S3 as the best, IMO. Mickelson was great!

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2009, 10:47 PM
loved the mick episode.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 10:52 PM
Is there somewhere online I can download S6 episodes? Don't want to have to wait another year!

adlo
20th September 2009, 10:55 PM
isohunt

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:00 PM
Werd!

Johnny Canuck
20th September 2009, 11:01 PM
yep. all there. up to e9 right now.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:04 PM
Awesome.

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:21 PM
What else is out there at the moment?

I downloaded and watched a UK show "Being Human", after I saw it had excellent reviews. It was watchable, but far from great.

Top Gear S13 was quite average I thought.

There seems to be very little of interest atm. South Park repeats seem to be winning.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:28 PM
Gavin and Stacy!

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:30 PM
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Next!

Watched series 1,2 and xmas special.

Decent UK comedy. Better than average but some real rubbish episodes in the mix. Series 1 started stronger than the show could continue unfortunately. Uncle Bryn was a really great character.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, Bryn was a standout.

I assume you've watched all of Extras?

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:35 PM
Yep, big fan of Office and Extras.

Other UK comedy I like: Alan Partridge, Saxondale, Peep Show, Mighty Boosh, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, Nathan Barley.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:37 PM
Download of some Michael MacIntyre's standup. Funny bloke.

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:39 PM
Sweet, will do Scottt.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:42 PM
And see if Arli$$ can be downloaded anywhere. An early/mid 90s comedy about a sports agent. Lots of guest stars playing themselves, about an agent, his burnt out mate who he has employed and the rest of his agency, maybe a bit of a pre-curser to Entourage in a way.

Sandra Oh (Sideways etc) is in it too.

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:44 PM
I remember you mentioned that once, and I think I tried to find it without success. Will try again.

Scottt
20th September 2009, 11:49 PM
This might be the best option:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Arli-DVD-Region-NTSC/dp/B00008WJBD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1253454483&sr=1-1

adlo
20th September 2009, 11:53 PM
Might see if Planet Video have a copy. They have almost every DVD known to man.