PDA

View Full Version : TV shows I love to watch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 09:15 PM
Just caught Life Support on SBS2. Haven't seen it in forever. Classic.

drobbo
17th February 2014, 09:30 PM
Just caught Life Support on SBS2. Haven't seen it in forever. Classic.

Cheers for the heads up! Classic!

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 09:31 PM
Just caught Life Support on SBS2. Haven't seen it in forever. Classic. Yep, watched that the other night. Very good.Still liking the Moody's.

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 09:34 PM
Yep, watched that the other night. Very good.Still liking the Moody's.

Howzit!? Dr Rudi here.

BenM
17th February 2014, 10:00 PM
Oooohhhhh Life Support. That show was awesome.

PerryGroves
18th February 2014, 10:57 AM
Anyone watching Orphan Black? Just started watching it. Seems very promising.

Iain, I have a half dozen episodes queued up, is it worth watching?

I'm watching a show called Rectify (SBS), guy gets released after doing 20 years, only two episodes in but I'm liking it, you could easily catch up if you missed them. Added plus is Abagail Spencer is in a pair of boots a lot of the time.

goughy
18th February 2014, 11:05 AM
We enjoyed orphan black pg. Seemed a little different from other shows. Season 2 isn't far away either.

LeftyHoges
18th February 2014, 11:17 AM
Apparently The Newsroom's season 3 will be the last.

WTF!?

spanner039
18th February 2014, 01:47 PM
S01 of BB was short though, only about 7 episodes. By the last season it's up to about 16eps. But you keep getting more engrossed and you'll probably still do a season a week. Lovin it

Mububban
19th February 2014, 02:13 PM
Back into The Walking Dead, season 4. Watched up to episode 4 so far. Some interesting changes occurring within the group.

BenM
19th February 2014, 02:18 PM
Back into The Walking Dead, season 4. Watched up to episode 4 so far. Some interesting changes occurring within the group.

Just...wait.

Mububban
19th February 2014, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I've got up to ep8 to watch, and the thing I love about this show is that anyone can get taken out at any time. Definitely keeps things interesting.

I'll have to download 9 and 10 tonight.....

goughy
19th February 2014, 03:55 PM
The last 4, maybe 5 episodes of Walking Dead have been outstanding. Maybe the best of the show so far.

AndyP
19th February 2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I've got up to ep8 to watch, and the thing I love about this show is that anyone can get taken out at any time. Definitely keeps things interesting.
Really? I don't think they have knocked off many of the core bunch at all.

goughy
19th February 2014, 09:51 PM
I would say they've lost 6 who I considered main cast, some caught me by surprise. Plus the group loses minor members all the time. I actually thought it s getting a bit stake this season but the last few eps solved that....

kev
19th February 2014, 10:18 PM
Has anyone watched Arrow? Please tell me the narrative gets better....

Lagerlover
19th February 2014, 10:19 PM
Has anyone watched Arrow? Please tell me the narrative gets better....

Agree kev, the boondocks is where it's at.

goughy
19th February 2014, 10:21 PM
Clikchics pretty much over it. I don't think this have changed much. Still waiting for felicity and Queen to get it on. I really just wanna know what happens on the island. And I can watch pretty much anything when I switch my brain off.

BenM
19th February 2014, 10:33 PM
I would say they've lost 6 who I considered main cast, some caught me by surprise. Plus the group loses minor members all the time. I actually thought it s getting a bit stake this season but the last few eps solved that....

It reminds me of Spooks in that way. They were never afraid to kill off a main character. It keeps you guessing, especially with recent developments.

kev
19th February 2014, 11:55 PM
Clikchics pretty much over it. I don't think this have changed much. Still waiting for felicity and Queen to get it on. I really just wanna know what happens on the island. And I can watch pretty much anything when I switch my brain off.

The island part is the only reason I'm watching it now...

oncewasagolfer
20th February 2014, 09:50 AM
Gave up on arrow a long time ago. Watched the first two episodes of true detectives last night woody's squeeze in the second episode was awesome:)

AndyP
20th February 2014, 11:45 AM
She is from the Percy Jackson movies, but she doesn't nude up in those.

gazgolf1
23rd February 2014, 07:59 PM
She is from the Percy Jackson movies, but she doesn't nude up in those.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1142094/true-detective-obama-has-seen-my-boobs-boasts-shows-sexpot-alexandra-daddario/

Great cans, BTW ep 1 of the new season of House of Cards WOW!!!!

goughy
23rd February 2014, 08:09 PM
I didn't pick it as being her. Guess she's older than I thought she was having seen the PJ movies....

Yossarian
27th February 2014, 11:24 AM
Rake, makes me glad we have the ABC.

virge666
27th February 2014, 11:29 AM
Gave up on arrow a long time ago. Watched the first two episodes of true detectives last night woody's squeeze in the second episode was awesome:)

Wait till you see his second chic.

the lass from Banshee

Monsta
27th February 2014, 11:29 AM
Anyone watch Hannibal???? The person that writes the murder scripts in that is one sick puppy........

virge666
27th February 2014, 11:32 AM
Archer...

Just gets better and better.

Lobsta
28th February 2014, 12:01 AM
Archer...

Just gets better and better.

Mid way through the current season, in my opinion, the show seems to have jumped the shark. The most recent episode was very good though.

LeftyHoges
28th February 2014, 12:07 AM
Mid way through the current season, in my opinion, the show seems to have jumped the shark. The most recent episode was very good though.

Controversial.

The 2nd season suffered a little but 3 and 4 were very good, and the different storyline in 5 is refreshing and quite excellent.

My opinion, of course. :)

BenM
28th February 2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah I have been really enjoying Archer Vice. Best season for a while IMO - just a shame we scored a 3 week hiatus at the moment!

Lagerlover
9th March 2014, 12:02 AM
Arrested Development replaying yet again on ABC2...

Still the funniest American thing I've ever seen.

FoxGolf
9th March 2014, 12:30 AM
I know it's been mentioned heaps but have just got through seasons 1 & 2 of breaking bad. Once the wife watches the latest episode of her favourite (greys anatomy) we can get into season 3.

Mububban
2nd April 2014, 01:19 AM
So, the Walking Dead finale........it's a cliffhanger alright, but I also see no possible way out of it for them.

goughy
2nd April 2014, 06:13 AM
Clikchic was a bit disappointed with it.

Mububban
2nd April 2014, 11:57 AM
Clikchic was a bit disappointed with it.

Normally a "how can they possibly get out of this situation" cliffhanger is sort of frustrating but also exciting. This one is just so overwhelming it struck me as dumb. Like you'd need Superman to fly in and rescue them, because logic and reason can't find a way out of it for them.

Iain
2nd April 2014, 09:07 PM
Loved the Burma special (ep 6&7) on Top Gear.

Monsta
7th April 2014, 10:13 AM
GOT Season 4 starts at 3:30 this afternoon.......... Winter is coming

Captain Nemo
7th April 2014, 11:23 AM
Yep, series linked ready to go....

simmsy
7th April 2014, 11:44 AM
Foxtel sucks.

Searching for streams will be rife tonight Aust wide

Mububban
7th April 2014, 12:57 PM
Borrowed the entire series of Breaking Bad from a mate. Can't wait to see why everyone loved it so much.

Iain
7th April 2014, 01:06 PM
Foxtel sucks.

Searching for streams will be rife tonight Aust wide

Why stream it? Why not just download a hd quality. There'll be thousands of seeders.

Monsta
7th April 2014, 01:12 PM
Why stream it? Why not just download a hd quality. There'll be thousands of seeders.

Thats exactly what I will be doing..........

simmsy
7th April 2014, 05:23 PM
yeah, that's what i was meaning.

Ashes
7th April 2014, 07:52 PM
I'll be waiting till I can DL the whole season in one hit. Can't go back to waiting a week between episodes.

bergsey
7th April 2014, 07:56 PM
Ezytv seemed offline last time I looked, any alternatives for TV shows?

markTHEblake
7th April 2014, 08:11 PM
I'll be waiting till I can DL the whole season in one hit. Can't go back to waiting a week between episodes.Thats the only way I can remember what happened between episodes.

Mububban
7th April 2014, 11:44 PM
Same, I love a good TV binge.

Thats the only way I can remember what happened between episodes.

This recap should bring us all up to speed :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0

Iain
8th April 2014, 03:42 AM
Ezytv seemed offline last time I looked, any alternatives for TV shows?

Extratorrent

Bruce
8th April 2014, 02:48 PM
I want a spinoff show with The Hound and Arya travelling the inns of Westeros and exchanging banter along the way.

Captain Nemo
8th April 2014, 03:13 PM
http://www.couchtuner.eu/watch-game-of-thrones-online-free/

Here's where i catch up on all my shows at work....
Im nearly thru Helix, anybody else watch it?

goughy
8th April 2014, 03:34 PM
Yep, we did. Clikchic lived it, I liked it too.

Monsta
8th April 2014, 03:35 PM
I want a spinoff show with The Hound and Arya travelling the inns of Westeros and exchanging banter along the way.

F*%k the King

Mububban
16th April 2014, 02:54 PM
5 episodes into Breaking Bad, loving it. I didn't expect it to be so funny.

goughy
16th April 2014, 02:56 PM
It gets better!

3Puttpete
16th April 2014, 03:51 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/jezeraby.jpg

SirTop
21st April 2014, 10:01 PM
They've remade a lot of old shows, wonder if BJ and the Bear will get another crack

Falling Skies is good stuff

Getting ready to maybe start on Suits, anyone seen that? Sounds promising

goughy
21st April 2014, 10:28 PM
Been wondering about falling skies. Will get some.

Iain
22nd April 2014, 04:25 AM
Getting ready to maybe start on Suits, anyone seen that? Sounds promising

Suits is great, I'm not completely up to date though.

markTHEblake
22nd April 2014, 06:51 AM
The 100 is not bad, but maybe a bit teenage chick ish, but that usually means the women are hot.

SirTop
22nd April 2014, 08:58 AM

Good stuff, thanks Will give it a shot. I need something to fill in the long wait between Game of Thrones episodes, holy crap how bad is it watching it weekly. (used to watch one season over a few days)

Was joking about BJ and the Bear, though I do have fond memories of that, Knight Rider, A Team, Doctor Who, Roger Ramjet, The Goodies, etc as a kid. Wanted to be a truckie for a few years...

virge666
22nd April 2014, 09:13 AM

Oh boy - are you in for some disappointment.

What started out as a fast paced show with a bit of soul.... turns into a melodramatic soap opera.

just cant watch it anymore.

virge666
22nd April 2014, 09:14 AM
Anyone watching the Americians and Community ?

Iain
22nd April 2014, 09:23 AM

What started out as a fast paced show with a bit of soul.... turns into a melodramatic soap opera.

Really? Bugger...

Courty
22nd April 2014, 11:08 AM
Anyone watching the Americians and Community ? Yeah, watching The Americans. A couple of eps behind in season 2, though.

LeftyHoges
22nd April 2014, 11:09 AM
Community is one of the most underrated shows out there. Some of the eps they've done have just been fantastic.

Lagerlover
22nd April 2014, 11:16 AM
Community is one of the most underrated shows out there. Some of the eps they've done have just been fantastic.

Agree. One of the better yankomodies. And yes, that is a word I just thought of...gotta go, need to visit copyright.com

Jackson
22nd April 2014, 12:48 PM

It had so much promise but has really fallen into a hole, too much American corniness with no real edge to it

virge666
22nd April 2014, 05:05 PM
It had so much promise but has really fallen into a hole, too much American corniness with no real edge to it

So true.. I honestly couldn't care if generic pretty girl #1 was shot and killed whilst speiling some sactimonious bullshit about generic pretty girl #2 whilst pretty boy #1 goes bad for the first 20 minutes only to be saved by pretty boy #2 / well meaning pretty girl #3.

Holy f&@!, it is some tedious rubbish.

Community is outstanding - the ability to create a full show out of something so simple still amazes me. The paintball episodes will go down in history as all time.

On a sad note - Archer ends today.

markTHEblake
22nd April 2014, 07:01 PM
Been wondering about falling skies. Will get some.Got the hottest women on the telly in it, Definitely worth it.

Courty
22nd April 2014, 08:56 PM
Anyone watching the Americians and Community ?

Are you watching it already or looking for feedback?

PerryGroves
22nd April 2014, 10:13 PM

Maybe Bruce, I have persisted with GofT, Jaysus it's hard work this new season.

Bruce
23rd April 2014, 03:50 PM
Maybe Bruce, I have persisted with GofT, Jaysus it's hard work this new season.

Really??? the end of S4E02 was not enough for you?

PerryGroves
23rd April 2014, 04:45 PM
Really??? the end of S4E02 was not enough for you?

Was that when the annoying little ****er choked? Meh, I suspect I am only hanging on in an SMS/SBS sort of way.

Daves
28th April 2014, 08:19 AM
Doc Neeson profiled on Australian Story (ABC1) tonight.

goughy
28th April 2014, 07:37 PM
One week to new season of 24. Getting excited.

Johnny Canuck
28th April 2014, 07:40 PM
One week to new season of 24. Getting excited.

Looking forward to it as well. Might avoid it at first. Watching Jack Bauer is always better when you can watch them back to back to back.

timah!
28th April 2014, 07:43 PM
Looking forward to it as well. Might avoid it at first. Watching Jack Bauer is always better when you can watch them back to back to back.

This.

The wife and I loved doing a whole season over a weekend. Loved that show - hopefully it can be as good as the original series'.
A little worried that '24' over 12 episodes isn't going to be the same though...hopefully it's 12x2hr episodes...

markTHEblake
28th April 2014, 08:17 PM
Dallas has jumped the shark - girl on girl!

sensational cliffhanger too, better than the red wedding I reckon.

LeftyHoges
28th April 2014, 08:26 PM
No way can any sort of girl on girl equal jumping the shark.

Steve
28th April 2014, 08:34 PM

God bless him, a great fella indeed

PerryGroves
28th April 2014, 08:36 PM
I don't mind the Jack Irish series, Guy Pearce is a private detective living in Fitzroy. Based on the Peter Temple books, occasionally pops up on ABC on Sunday nights

markTHEblake
28th April 2014, 08:49 PM
No way can any sort of girl on girl equal jumping the shark.

It was the best thing i could come up with without giving anything away.

PerryGroves
28th April 2014, 09:24 PM

God bless him, a great fella indeed

Interesting story, some comments from Mark Opitz resonated. Whatever he is now, that band smashed 'em when they were at their best. They played at my school with Inxs in 1980, wasn't even a contest.

Hatchman
28th April 2014, 10:29 PM

Aw crap, would have loved to have seen this. Stuck at work and dare not get the Mrs to try and set the PVR for fear of stuffing up other recording settings.

Johnny Canuck
28th April 2014, 11:32 PM
Who was complaining about Game of Thrones? Just watched episode 2 of this season. Fantastic.

Lagerlover
29th April 2014, 06:19 AM
Aw crap, would have loved to have seen this. Stuck at work and dare not get the Mrs to try and set the PVR for fear of stuffing up other recording settings. ABC Iview mate.

Dotty
29th April 2014, 06:47 AM
Aw crap, would have loved to have seen this. Stuck at work and dare not get the Mrs to try and set the PVR for fear of stuffing up other recording settings.
Repeated on ...
ABC1 - Noon Saturday
ABC24 - 4.30pm Saturday
ABC24 - 6.30pm Sunday
Confirm with your local guide for SA times.

Jarro
29th April 2014, 07:03 AM
Who was complaining about Game of Thrones? Just watched episode 2 of this season. Fantastic.

Check out Vikings as well, you might like that.

I just finished Season1 and it's pretty good.

PerryGroves
29th April 2014, 07:45 AM

That was me JC, I wasn't complaining, more so my interest was fading.

I can always tell when I'm losing interest, the show sits on my IQ for a week or so and I pass over it a couple of times. Currently got 12 episodes of Breaking Bad taunting me every time I look at the IQ, loved it, then liked, now I am thinking of deleting.

Waddzy
29th April 2014, 07:59 AM

I can always tell when I'm losing interest, the show sits on my IQ for a week or so and I pass over it a couple of times. Currently got 12 episodes of Breaking Bad taunting me every time I look at the IQ, loved it, then liked, now I am thinking of deleting.

Crazy.. Monday afternoons are the best because of this show. It is slightly annoying now waiting week by week as I watched all 3 seasons in one hit basically..

Hatchman
29th April 2014, 12:08 PM
Repeated on ...
ABC1 - Noon Saturday
ABC24 - 4.30pm Saturday
ABC24 - 6.30pm Sunday
Confirm with your local guide for SA times.

Thanks Dotty, timer set.

Johnny Canuck
29th April 2014, 12:21 PM

Definitely do Breaking Bad.

I intentionally waited for season 5 to completely air so that I could watch it all without having to wait a week at a time.

Once I got it, I actually sat on it for a few months before watching as I didn't have the interest. In the end, it was well worth it.

Shadesy
29th April 2014, 12:28 PM
Definitely do Breaking Bad.

I intentionally waited for season 5 to completely air so that I could watch it all without having to wait a week at a time.

Once I got it, I actually sat on it for a few months before watching as I didn't have the interest. In the end, it was well worth it.

Wow sounds like me. I watch season 1 early, then nothing then watch season 2-5a in about 3 weeks till Christmas... Watched the final 6 episodes last week finally.

Great show, great series, but one I think you really need to be prepared for.

AlexMc
29th April 2014, 06:27 PM
Half way through series 2 of House of Cards. Fantastic show.

markTHEblake
29th April 2014, 09:17 PM
I am doing a complete re-run of Coupling, as I have missed the odd show.

Just saw the cushion scene, followed by Jeff's threesome. I think I broke a rib.

oncewasagolfer
30th April 2014, 04:38 PM
Have watched the first 2 episodes of Fargo has been pretty good.

coalesce
30th April 2014, 04:45 PM
Thank *&%# MKR has now finished so that the TV is freed up to catch up on things like Game of Thrones.

Now how can I convince the other half not to get hooked on Masterchef?

3Puttpete
30th April 2014, 04:50 PM
Tell her it's becoming obvious she likes her food

coalesce
30th April 2014, 04:59 PM
Hmm that would only work if the hospital I ended up in had a TV & DVD player

goughy
3rd May 2014, 01:03 AM
Episodes 3 to 8 of Falling Skies done and dusted; clikchic is firmly hooked and my morning ride is dust...

Angryman
3rd May 2014, 09:26 PM
Modern Family is a great show,

goughy
12th May 2014, 11:17 PM
Anyone given Fargo a gander? You have to like your black comedy. Clikchic found it too slow for her (not that she dislikes bc); I was silently cacking myself through it. Some good cast too.

Lagerlover
13th May 2014, 06:02 AM
Anyone given Fargo a gander? You have to like your black comedy. Clikchic found it too slow for her (not that she dislikes bc); I was silently cacking myself through it. Some good cast too. Don't mind it..I can't get Laura Palmer out of my head though.

PerryGroves
13th May 2014, 09:44 AM
Anyone given Fargo a gander? You have to like your black comedy. Clikchic found it too slow for her (not that she dislikes bc); I was silently cacking myself through it. Some good cast too.

Cracking show Goughy, be about my favourite at the moment.

yarn
13th May 2014, 05:33 PM
Looking forward to the Second season of Hannibal on Fox 8.

Bates Motel isn't bad either. (Fox 8 as well).

coalesce
20th May 2014, 04:02 PM
Strangely excited by http://www.boganhunters.com.au/ which starts tonight on 7mate.

mudrat
20th May 2014, 04:45 PM
Strangely excited by http://www.boganhunters.com.au/ which starts tonight on 7mate. First episode was on last Tuesday here.

coalesce
20th May 2014, 04:51 PM
First episode was on last Tuesday here.

Any good?

Dotty
21st May 2014, 05:39 AM
Any good?
Even worse than expected. I saw a little bit of the first episode, featuring 30-45yo Tasmanians treating a car wrecking yard (or it could have just been a bogan's rental property) like a playground. It glorified chronic alcohol problems and made fun of living in squalor in one of the caravans in the yard.

If fake, then Pauly Fenech has continued his downward spiral. If real, then it is exploitation of the vulnerable.

goughy
21st May 2014, 06:46 AM
Anyone watched The 100? Any good?

Iain
21st May 2014, 06:48 AM
The mrs is liking it.

Courty
21st May 2014, 06:48 AM
Anyone watched The 100? Any good?

Utter tripe.

goughy
21st May 2014, 07:24 AM
So that's a no from the guys!! ;)

coalesce
21st May 2014, 10:07 AM
Even worse than expected. I saw a little bit of the first episode, featuring 30-45yo Tasmanians treating a car wrecking yard (or it could have just been a bogan's rental property) like a playground. It glorified chronic alcohol problems and made fun of living in squalor in one of the caravans in the yard.

If fake, then Pauly Fenech has continued his downward spiral. If real, then it is exploitation of the vulnerable.

I missed it last night. May not be a great loss, but I'll give it 5 minutes on 7plus.

But it clashes with At The Movies so the chances of me watching it regularly are slim.

Daves
24th May 2014, 08:46 PM
I just finished watching a documentary on Studio (Foxtel), Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused. Great stuff with lots of historic footage and insights.

Hatchman
25th May 2014, 11:45 AM
Better than or just what you expected?

goughy
27th May 2014, 10:29 PM
Just finished first episode of Penny Dreadful. Suitably whack!

AndyP
4th June 2014, 12:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10385588_10152235881012971_9114144548864078681_n.j pg

Courty
16th June 2014, 08:49 PM
For the Monty Python fans, Holy Flying Circus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Flying_Circus) is on ABC1 at 9:00pm on Wednesday night.

markTHEblake
16th June 2014, 09:11 PM
Anyone watched The 100? Any good?For the teenys, but I like it. The dark haired chick is super hot.

Lagerlover
22nd June 2014, 08:35 PM
Heap of Young Ones episodes on gem at the moment..

BenM
22nd June 2014, 08:40 PM
Not just yet here... Blackadder first.

Must be a bit of a Rik Mayall tribute as they just showed an ep with Lord Flashheart. Woof!

Shame it'll clash with the F1 but will get one Young Ones ep in at least.

Lagerlover
22nd June 2014, 08:48 PM

Lagerlover
22nd June 2014, 08:49 PM
Yeah I think so mate...was just about to hit the sack too.

No doubt ad breaks will piss me off enough after the first episode.

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 05:36 AM
Blackadder curse??..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/first-lord-flashheart-aka-rik-mayall-dies-now-nursie-from-blackadder-aka-patsy-byrne-passes-away/story-fni0bn79-1226963166162

PerryGroves
23rd June 2014, 08:10 AM
Baldrick got a knighthood, services to coffee making?

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 08:40 AM
Haha

markTHEblake
23rd June 2014, 12:56 PM
Cappuccino?

SirTop
25th July 2014, 10:57 PM
In the Flesh

Massively addicted to this show. It's a really, really clever BBC show and it's just the best thing I've seen in so long.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

The English make some good stuff that's not as stereo typical of a lot of the US rubbish that gets shipped out to meet the known criteria for success for audiences before they're cancelled

Jekyll was another fantastic English show I loved which was incredibly punchy and fresh, not to mention freaky

gazgolf1
26th July 2014, 12:09 PM
Couple of new shows we probably won't get for a year, both pretty funny, one works a bit blue.
Your the worst (rude stuff)
Married

I won't post the Youtube previews as Your the Worst is NSFW or kids but check them out.

virge666
27th July 2014, 08:36 PM
Crossbones is well worth a watch

oncewasagolfer
27th July 2014, 09:27 PM

Have been watching this as well john malkovich is one of my favorite actors.

goughy
28th July 2014, 05:55 AM
But he reckons the opera house is only fit for a circus! Lost all respect for me ;)

virge666
28th July 2014, 08:43 AM
Jekyll was another fantastic English show I loved which was incredibly punchy and fresh, not to mention freaky

^^^^^

This !

SirTop
28th July 2014, 08:48 AM
^^^^^

This !
Hey good taste there Virge!

If you liked that, watch In the Flesh, it's one of the best things (cleverly done) I've seen in a long time

LeftyHoges
28th July 2014, 05:01 PM
Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Only watched 2 eps so far but looks to be pretty decent.

Courty
28th July 2014, 07:53 PM
Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Haven't I mentioned this previously? Watched the whole season.. can't wait for it to return. :D

virge666
28th July 2014, 09:41 PM
Hey good taste there Virge!

If you liked that, watch In the Flesh, it's one of the best things (cleverly done) I've seen in a long time

I am on it !

Cheers

meh
28th July 2014, 10:03 PM
House of cards is very good.

WBennett
28th July 2014, 10:15 PM
Been watching Apocolypse WWI tonight. Horrifying. Absolutely horrifying.

Wardy101
28th July 2014, 10:29 PM
Brooklyn Nine-Nine.Only watched 2 eps so far but looks to be pretty decent. Quality show.All regular shows but thing on the ground this time of year but enjoy Deadliest Catch which I have been watching for years

AndyP
29th July 2014, 07:06 AM
I saw Brooklyn Nine-Nine last night on SBS. I thought it was a bit lame early, but I kept watching and had plenty of laughs.

damoocow
29th July 2014, 08:10 AM
I saw Brooklyn Nine-Nine last night on SBS. I thought it was a bit lame early, but I kept watching and had plenty of laughs.

I couldn't get past the first 15 minutes, I thought it was appalling.

virge666
29th July 2014, 02:50 PM
Extant...

< Yawn >

Courty
29th July 2014, 07:23 PM
Extant...

< Yawn >

Can you expand on that?

goughy
29th July 2014, 08:59 PM
<----------YAWN--------->

coalesce
29th July 2014, 09:21 PM
:) Just the trailers were enough to make me think shit

Feelzy
29th July 2014, 11:20 PM
Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Haven't I mentioned this previously? Watched the whole season.. can't wait for it to return. :D

I remember you mentioning it but I forgot about it until Lefty's post and so I checked out episode 1 and did get a few laughs out of it. Currently getting the whole season now to enjoy over the weekend.

I also come across Archer this past week. A spy/comedy animated series which is not safe for children. There are some weird quite cringeworthy lines but i got a few laughs out of it.

Also American Ninja Warrior. Not sure if I have mentioned this before. This current season is the first I have watched and it has provided some crazy feats of athleticism so far and with the Miami finals just aired with most of the real contenders participating, it's sure to provide some more.

virge666
30th July 2014, 07:20 PM
Archer is one of the best shows on TV. Love it

Just google extant... Halle berry new show.. But so slow

Courty
30th July 2014, 09:09 PM
Just google extant... Halle berry new show.. But so slow

I know what it is, I have the first few episodes but haven't watched them yet. I was asking what you thought was the problem with it.

highballin
10th August 2014, 11:32 AM
Old School with Bryan Brown and Sam Neil on ABC

This is the best australian drama/comedy I have seen for years. Series one just finished hope they make series 2.

Not really a Bryan Brown fan but he is brilliant in this series as an ex crim. Sam Neil retired ex cop and he and Brown are forced to work together to find out what happened in a heist that went wrong.

I missed some episodes whilst on holidays but caught up on them last night. This is great stuff if you like gritty australian drama with Aus humor.

Captain Nemo
10th August 2014, 12:06 PM
Bought the whole series of weeds on DVD
Love this show, thru series one...,

SirTop
10th August 2014, 12:51 PM
Started Walking Dead last night at 11.30pm, by myself. Not a good idea!

Buzz
10th August 2014, 04:57 PM
Can't wait for Walking Dead season five ... But not sure how much further they can go with it

Wardy101
10th August 2014, 05:31 PM
Can't wait for Walking Dead season five ... But not sure how much further they can go with it I struggle to see how they managed to take it this far

oncewasagolfer
10th August 2014, 07:30 PM
There's still plenty of characters to kill off....

mrbluu
11th August 2014, 01:03 AM
Anyone watching/watched fringe???

coalesce
11th August 2014, 08:11 AM
Yeah I watched it. It really lost its way towards the end

SirTop
11th August 2014, 08:20 AM
Anyone watching/watched fringe???
Yep, enjoyed that but drifted away from it for a while now

Trust me, watch In the Flesh!

LeftyHoges
11th August 2014, 10:57 AM
I remember you mentioning it but I forgot about it until Lefty's post and so I checked out episode 1 and did get a few laughs out of it. Currently getting the whole season now to enjoy over the weekend.

I also come across Archer this past week. A spy/comedy animated series which is not safe for children. There are some weird quite cringeworthy lines but i got a few laughs out of it.

Also American Ninja Warrior. Not sure if I have mentioned this before. This current season is the first I have watched and it has provided some crazy feats of athleticism so far and with the Miami finals just aired with most of the real contenders participating, it's sure to provide some more.

Just download all 5 seasons now and copy & paste this quote... "Greatest show ever"

Feelzy
11th August 2014, 11:19 AM
Just download all 5 seasons now and copy & paste this quote... "Greatest show ever"
Greatest show ever

I ended up doing a second lap through all seasons.

mrbluu
11th August 2014, 11:55 AM
Yep, enjoyed that but drifted away from it for a while now

Trust me, watch In the Flesh!

I try to only watch shows when they have finished making the whole series so I don't have to wait for any addition seasons!!! The wait for GOT is killing me!!!

grandmasterb
11th August 2014, 12:19 PM
Rush US, not bad for some mindless American crap.

Wardy101
11th August 2014, 12:21 PM
I try to only watch shows when they have finished making the whole series so I don't have to wait for any addition seasons!!! The wait for GOT is killing me!!! that is madness. Do you try and avoid knowing what has happened although with GoT you may have read the books. Other issue is given next book hasn't been finished the tv series may go on hiatus once it catches up.

mrbluu
11th August 2014, 12:29 PM
that is madness. Do you try and avoid knowing what has happened although with GoT you may have read the books. Other issue is given next book hasn't been finished the tv series may go on hiatus once it catches up.

I started watching GOT about half way through the 3rd season so the wait for the 4th season was the killer. Almost finished the first book, but too busy with online golf forums!!!

Feelzy
11th August 2014, 12:33 PM
I'm too impatient to even wait for a season to run let alone a whole series. I prefer to suffer week to week.

Wardy101
11th August 2014, 12:36 PM
I have some shows that I watch every week and others that I like which may be watched in a group of eps. It is great when you discover a show late in a season so that you can watch eps on mass. Did that with Brooklyn nine-nine

oncewasagolfer
11th August 2014, 05:09 PM
Watched the first episode of the knick last night seemed pretty good. Have been watching the strain and the lottery but not really holding my interest much.

SirTop
22nd August 2014, 09:25 PM
The wife loves Orange is the new black

My top 5 shows are now:

In the Flesh
The Walking Dead
Falling Skies
Game of Thrones

Downloaded Magnum PI for the nostalgic "I loved this when I was 15" moment

Bought a Coca Cola original Yo Yo on eBay from the 80's too which is just awesome

Eag's
22nd August 2014, 09:56 PM
I love the last 3 on your list, but have never heard of In the flesh?

Tongueboy
22nd August 2014, 10:30 PM
Going through the complete series of Spooks. Great stuff. Have finished the complete Minder series and also Luther.

gazgolf1
22nd August 2014, 10:38 PM
Tonight I watched Your the Worst, Married, Ray Donovan, Suits and Orange is the New Black. Manhattan is also good.

SirTop
22nd August 2014, 10:58 PM
I love the last 3 on your list, but have never heard of In the flesh?
Eag's

Omg, if you loved those then watch it, it's fantastic.

It's a BBC 3 series, we loved w.

Another BBC series we loved was Jeckle. We're not big British TV show fans but those two were brilliant, fresh and a refreshing change from the usual TV show factory we're used to

gameboy
23rd August 2014, 09:30 AM
pretty much the pantheon of us tv
got
orange is the new black
walking dead
house of cards
breaking bad

i am a series behind on all of them so lots of tv to binge watch at my leisure :)

Eag's
23rd August 2014, 04:01 PM
Eag's

Omg, if you loved those then watch it, it's fantastic.

It's a BBC 3 series, we loved w.

Another BBC series we loved was Jeckle. We're not big British TV show fans but those two were brilliant, fresh and a refreshing change from the usual TV show factory we're used to

Took your advice and watched an episode of In the flesh, I like it.

SirTop
23rd August 2014, 04:26 PM
Took your advice and watched an episode of In the flesh, I like it.
Nice one. I liked the first episode, but was hooked by the second.

markTHEblake
23rd August 2014, 05:43 PM
Recent started on Under the Dome, have caught up to the latest. Started off as a sleeper but its getting really good. Starting to remind me of Lost

LeftyHoges
24th August 2014, 02:30 AM
Recent started on Under the Dome, have caught up to the latest. Started off as a sleeper but its getting really good. Starting to remind me of Lost

I thought you said it was getting really good?

markTHEblake
24th August 2014, 01:39 PM
I also liked Lost :-)
UtD is a Stephen King book and he has done some pretty good stuff.

So far I figure its either supernatural, aliens, or govt conspiracy, maybe all 3.

BenM
24th August 2014, 02:26 PM
I also liked Lost :-)

So far I figure its either supernatural, aliens, or govt conspiracy, maybe all 3.

I have never watched UtD - it didn't appeal, so I read some spoilers about the book on the internet when the series first came out.

I hope it's not too much of a spoiler to say that at least one of your guesses is correct.

GolfTourettes
24th August 2014, 02:40 PM
Spartacus

markTHEblake
24th August 2014, 08:18 PM
hope it's not too much of a spoiler to say that at least one of your guesses is correct.

there really isnt much else!

in any case from what I read, the tv show writers have changed the origin of the dome, mainly because they are planning for 5 seasons to tell the story that was covered in a week by the book! :-)

Monsta
25th August 2014, 12:35 PM
:-)

The only good "adaptation" of Stephen King novels are:

The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Cujo

I am a huge Stephen King fan, but sorry to say I think that Under the Dome is crap.............

gazgolf1
30th August 2014, 07:18 PM
Anyone watching Ray Donovan? latest ep = Awesome!!

Eag's
31st August 2014, 07:37 AM
Gaz, I have been watching Ray Donovan since it came out, love the show.

markTHEblake
28th October 2014, 09:06 PM
How many episodes had you watched when you said that. :-)

I just watched the whole series, the setup was great, excellent backstory, for a nice change wasnt a porno, couple of nice twists, character development, the two lead characters were excellent (never ever would have thought Richard Coyle could be credible as an intellectual cold blooded assassin, and all round good bloke).
But the editing was seriously shithouse, and got noticeably worse as the series wore on. Perhaps the worst I have seen. Still enjoyed it though but could have been so much better.

SirTop
30th October 2014, 06:00 PM
Best show to watch, unless you're like 80, is Arrow.

Absolutely loving it.

In the Flesh and Walking Dead plus Breaking Bad are close

BenM
30th October 2014, 06:46 PM
I am enjoying the new season of Walking Dead a lot. And I am very late to the party but started GoT a couple of weeks ago. Almost finished S2. Wow.

Daves
30th October 2014, 06:52 PM
Best show to watch, unless you're like 80, is Arrow.

Absolutely loving it.

In the Flesh and Walking Dead plus Breaking Bad are close

Seriously? I watch the Premier of Arrow and thought it was the greatest load of overacted slock since Dallas!

SirTop
30th October 2014, 07:04 PM
Seriously? I watch the Premier of Arrow and thought it was the greatest load of overacted slock since Dallas!
Yeah that's what I thought too.

Fast track to episode 4 or so and it was unreal, end of season one and I was craving the next.

It's tongue in cheek old school hero fun

Daves
30th October 2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah that's what I thought too.

Fast track to episode 4 or so and it was unreal, end of season one and I was craving the next.

It's tongue in cheek old school hero fun

If they have turned into a bit of a spoof/parody, that makes more sense. The characters were taking themselves way too seriously in Episode 1!

gazgolf1
30th October 2014, 07:18 PM
Season 2 and they are taking themselves too seriously

AndyP
30th October 2014, 07:48 PM
I am enjoying the new season of Walking Dead a lot. And I am very late to the party but started GoT a couple of weeks ago. Almost finished S2. Wow.
Yes, the Walking Dead is maintaining the tension so far, and it has been more gruesome too. I hope it lasts.

coalesce
30th October 2014, 07:57 PM
The Everybody Loves Raymond where he plays golf with his wife is on now :)

highballin
30th October 2014, 08:32 PM
Loving Peaky Blinders series 2 awesome series.

markTHEblake
30th October 2014, 08:37 PM
what are you talkin about, Dallas is absolutely sensational.Not as good as Sons and Daughters but close.

Daves
30th October 2014, 08:40 PM
what are you talkin about, Dallas is absolutely sensational.Not as good as Sons and Daughters but close.

Dallas was so over the top, it was good, and it was almost slapstick at times. Ditto Sons and Daughters.

SirTop
31st October 2014, 09:54 AM
In the flesh tv series, watch it if you want something fantastic and fresh

Best thing I've seen in a long time

gazgolf1
31st October 2014, 10:16 AM
Homeland, Marry Me, Hawaii 5O.

The Castaway
31st October 2014, 02:16 PM
I'm a bit of a series junky, don't watch everything, but great recent stuff for me was 'Fargo'. Billy-bob Thornton was fantastic in that.
Others that I need more seasons of are 'Justified' and 'Hell on Wheels', a bit more 'Banshee' would not hurt either.

The earlier Walking Dead was great, but by end of last season I was cheering for the Walkers.

Cheers

goughy
31st October 2014, 04:06 PM
Ep 1 and 3 of the current season of TWD were fantastic.

Daves
2nd November 2014, 08:02 PM
We have just watched the first 5 episodes of Gracepoint. I never watched Twin Peaks ,but gather it was a similar style of murder mystery. Everyone is hiding something. David Tennant is brilliant in the lead role, and Jackie Weaver's character is just plain sinister! 10 part series I gather, will watching this one to the end.

virge666
5th November 2014, 08:34 AM
Not twin peaks... Broadchurch was the UK series that also had David in it. This is a remake of Broadchurch

Tongueboy
5th November 2014, 10:14 AM
watching Spooks at the moment. great!

SirTop
5th November 2014, 10:22 AM
Fed Up is apparently a very good watch

Daves
5th November 2014, 02:44 PM
Not twin peaks... Broadchurch was the UK series that also had David in it. This is a remake of Broadchurch

Correct, Director and Tennant were also involved in Torchwood. I was referring more to the style of the show, though only a surmise as I never got into Twin Peaks.

Monsta
6th November 2014, 01:54 PM
Started watching Penny Dreadful the other day, it is weird, very weird, but strangely addictive (helps having Eva Green in it)

SirTop
8th November 2014, 04:09 PM
Use Getflix then Netflix, it will change your life!!

SirTop
27th December 2014, 05:31 PM
Watching The Clone Wars, feel like a kid but who cares, it's a bit of fun and surprisingly good

KristianJ
3rd January 2015, 08:32 PM
Been on a bit of a UK panel show kick over the past little while...

Besides QI, Would I Lie To You and Never Mind the Buzzcocks on BBC UK/ABC, I've been watching newer eps of those shows on Youtube, plus 8 Out of 10 Cats, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.

Funny stuff.

damoocow
3rd January 2015, 09:10 PM
Been on a bit of a UK panel show kick over the past little while...

Besides QI, Would I Lie To You and Never Mind the Buzzcocks on BBC UK/ABC, I've been watching newer eps of those shows on Youtube, plus 8 Out of 10 Cats, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.

Funny stuff.

Have I got News for you is worth a look when it returns

LeftyHoges
3rd January 2015, 10:24 PM
And Mock the Week.

lmanion
11th January 2015, 09:35 PM
Archer just started up again, only comes second to Game of Thrones for me.
Person of Interest, Agent Carter, Agents of shield, Arrow and the Flash are all pretty good as well.
Also Top Gear aired their 'Christmas Special' from South America with Clarksons usual dose of controversy wasnt a bad double ep.

SirTop
11th January 2015, 09:48 PM
Person of Interest, Agent Carter, Agents of shield, Arrow and the Flash are all pretty good as well.
Also Top Gear aired their 'Christmas Special' from South America with Clarksons usual dose of controversy wasnt a bad double ep.

Arrow and Game of Thrones are great.

Warehouse 13 was ok and In the Flesh is fantastic

LeftyHoges
12th January 2015, 11:23 AM

Pretty bloody good ep to start back too. They've still got it.

virge666
12th January 2015, 06:47 PM
Archer is the best show on tv. Brooklyn nine nine is a close second.

New top gear on the 25th

LeftyHoges
12th January 2015, 06:50 PM
Archer is the best show on tv. Brooklyn nine nine is a close second.

New top gear on the 25th

Oh Virge, if only you were a woman. *sigh*

virge666
12th January 2015, 06:53 PM
Oh Virge, if only you were a woman. *sigh*
I know, right...

BrisWesty
12th January 2015, 07:36 PM
We bought the middle daughter a box set of Friends for Christmas. She has friends, just not the TV show! She loves it, it's amusing reminiscing that the early episodes are 20 years old.

236 episodes at 22 mins/episode = 86 hrs 32 mins. No wonder she's been glued to the TV.

Courty
12th January 2015, 08:18 PM
New top gear on the 25th

Can't wait for the comparison between the McLaren P1, Porsche 918 & LaFerrari!

goughy
12th January 2015, 08:25 PM
We bought the middle daughter a box set of Friends for Christmas. She has friends, just not the TV show! She loves it, it's amusing reminiscing that the early episodes are 20 years old.

236 episodes at 22 mins/episode = 86 hrs 32 mins. No wonder she's been glued to the TV.

Jasmine finished them all about a month ago. Has also gone through all of HIMYM, and is gonna start Big Bang soon. Also introduced her to BTVS.

BenM
12th January 2015, 08:49 PM
I got one of these shirts for Christmas http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/img_IMgN26.jpg and have worn it about 10 days already.

Grabbed the latest ep last week, glad to hear it's good, haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

AlexMc
13th January 2015, 10:44 PM
Getting into Parks & Recreation - excellent show. Even better I can just churn through it on Netflix.

Preview for Season 3 of House of Cards looks awesome too!

goughy
23rd January 2015, 11:42 AM
Do yourself a favour, give 3 part miniseries Ascension a go!

markTHEblake
23rd January 2015, 01:27 PM
Jasmine finished them all about a month ago. Has also gone through all of HIMYM, and is gonna start Big Bang soon. Also introduced her to BTVS. Big Bang theory for a kid ?

goughy
23rd January 2015, 01:35 PM
Himym is more questionable in content than big bang! Times they are a changing. I grew up watching Mash from about the age of 4 or 5, everyone in that was screwing around (cept for BJ). 13 is barely a kid these days!

SirTop
25th January 2015, 08:20 PM
Started watching American Horror Story with the wife, excellent show!

BenM
26th January 2015, 10:03 AM
Finally caught up on new Archer yesty. They've still got it! Very funny.

Has anyone had any thoughts on Stan? I'm seriously thinking about signing up. Might need to go and buy a Chromecast today.

Daves
26th January 2015, 10:13 AM
Finally caught up on new Archer yesty. They've still got it! Very funny.

Has anyone had any thoughts on Stan? I'm seriously thinking about signing up. Might need to go and buy a Chromecast today.

Stan is offering a free one month trial. Not sure if you had to register previously( I did), but got the offer yesterday.

BenM
26th January 2015, 10:17 AM
Stan is offering a free one month trial. Not sure if you had to register previously( I did), but got the offer yesterday.

Yeah, I had registered a couple of weeks ago too. Pretty sure the 30 day trial was always going to be on offer once it launched. Now it's officially launched (I got the email last night too) there's nothing to lose by trying it.

I want to watch it on my TV so need a Chromecast or similar to be able to do that - will be slipping up to DSE today before I sign up.

Have been following the thread on Whirlpool about it and feedback has been mixed to positive - most of the negatives are things that will improve over time (selection of content, lack of native console apps etc).

SirTop
26th January 2015, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I had registered a couple of weeks ago too. Pretty sure the 30 day trial was always going to be on offer once it launched. Now it's officially launched (I got the email last night too) there's nothing to lose by trying it.

I want to watch it on my TV so need a Chromecast or similar to be able to do that - will be slipping up to DSE today before I sign up.

Have been following the thread on Whirlpool about it and feedback has been mixed to positive - most of the negatives are things that will improve over time (selection of content, lack of native console apps etc).

Hey can we access it via our playstation 4, Apple TV etc?

I use Netflix through those, which is awesome

BenM
26th January 2015, 10:26 AM
Hey can we access it via our playstation 4, Apple TV etc?

I use Netflix through those, which is awesome

I believe it only supports AppleTV and Chromecast right now. No native console apps yet which is a pain - I stream everything with a PS3 at the moment and it would be great to use Stan from it too. Having said that, people seem to think they will release more options down the track so a PS3/4 app will probably be there eventually.

I'm happy enough to shell out $50 for a Chromecast just for now.

SirTop
26th January 2015, 10:37 AM
I believe it only supports AppleTV and Chromecast right now. No native console apps yet which is a pain - I stream everything with a PS3 at the moment and it would be great to use Stan from it too. Having said that, people seem to think they will release more options down the track so a PS3/4 app will probably be there eventually.

I'm happy enough to shell out $50 for a Chromecast just for now.

Ok thanks for that, I've got an Apple TV so I'll give the trial a shot, see how it compares to my fully featured US Netflix while it lasts

goughy
26th January 2015, 10:40 AM
It won't compare! None of the upcoming offerings will. You'll probably have to subscribe to all three to be able to get what you do from US Netflix, with all the shows being split between the three.

BenM
26th January 2015, 10:42 AM
Ok thanks for that, I've got an Apple TV so I'll give the trial a shot, see how it compares to my fully featured US Netflix while it lasts

Not as good a selection or as refined a user experience I expect - but then it's only new.

With content rights and all the rest I'm not expecting the AU version of Netflix to be anywhere near as good when it launches as the US one either.

goughy
26th January 2015, 12:01 PM
Read an article about Netflix by a Canadian journo. They have the same issues there with content rights as they will here. He said while they have Canadian Netflix he still subscribes to US Netflix for those reasons.

markTHEblake
26th January 2015, 07:10 PM
Times they are a changing.That is true, and perhaps always true. When should they stop changing.

Monsta
26th January 2015, 07:20 PM
The final season of Justified started last week

I look forward to one last season of Raylan shooting who he needs to………………..

Best show on tv (personal opinion)

Courty
26th January 2015, 07:29 PM
Top Gear is back. 8)

gazgolf1
2nd February 2015, 02:12 PM
Banshee season 3...best show on TV, that is all.

goughy
2nd February 2015, 02:34 PM
I'll check it out gaz. Rob's looking for some new shows.

gazgolf1
2nd February 2015, 06:45 PM
I'll check it out gaz. Rob's looking for some new shows.

watch it from season 1 Dean, its very good.

goughy
2nd February 2015, 08:31 PM
OK, just looked and it's one I've been meaning to get around to for a while. Will get on it.

goughy
6th February 2015, 11:34 PM
2 episodes in and it's a ripper Gaz. Glad you reminded me. Rob was saying the pilot didn't have that typical pilot feel to it.

Netflix has a series of Daredevil coming out, I think all episodes available same day.
Marvel's Daredevil - Teaser Trailer: http://youtu.be/XC7GPdBV9WQ

virge666
7th February 2015, 02:57 PM
Banshee season 3...best show on TV, that is all.

He pulled her throat out with a rolls royce angel.

Then sewed himself back up...

Ummm . . . I got nothing.

goughy
7th February 2015, 04:28 PM
Spoilers eh ;)

goughy
26th March 2015, 08:27 AM
Has anyone given netflix a go? Turned on my free trial last night. I'm with iinet so streaming the aussie sit doesn't count to downloads. But I also used Hola to get to the US site, and bugger me don't they have everything? Anyone been using it for a while now? What's your download limits like?

AndyP
26th March 2015, 08:36 AM
I'll investigate more, once pirating gets harder.

gazgolf1
26th March 2015, 01:35 PM
Has anyone given netflix a go? Turned on my free trial last night. I'm with iinet so streaming the aussie sit doesn't count to downloads. But I also used Hola to get to the US site, and bugger me don't they have everything? Anyone been using it for a while now? What's your download limits like?

Free trial here, watching House of Cards season 3 at the mo, I like it for the price, don't know if its got everything tho.