PDA

View Full Version : TV shows I love to watch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

goughy
12th April 2024, 06:12 AM
I quite enjoyed Fallout, but Rob want sold on it! She said it kinda felt like a video game to her. But we only watched the line first ep which was pretty much just establishing key characters etc, so I think it'll pick up from here.

Been waiting for a while for this one, and it's nearly here, and the trailer has only upped my anticipation!
https://youtu.be/j6ucGt_Xp14?si=3GhvPhVnW45G-pcj

goughy
12th April 2024, 07:42 AM
And I've just read that s2 of The Night Manager begins filming later this year, and S3 has been greenlit as well!

virge666
12th April 2024, 10:18 AM
2 eps in with Fallout
Its fun.. the Stimp packs are hilarious and they are not taking themselves seriously.. which is much like the game.

Hatchman
13th April 2024, 08:05 PM
Cheers, found it on Disney.
Now having the metal battle of do I want to sing up for the monthly subscription?

I did sign up in the end.
I’m enjoying Shogun a lot.
Can’t say I’m finding much else on Disney+ to keep the subscription after Shogun finishes though.

goughy
13th April 2024, 10:59 PM
D+, we enjoyed The Old Man (Jeff Bridges geriatric spy thriller), Sons of Anarchy (if you haven't watched it), The Bear (spose to be good), we enjoyed Devs.

AndyP
13th April 2024, 11:57 PM
For Disney, you could also watch Welcome to Wrexham and Dopesick.

Hatchman
14th April 2024, 10:17 AM
Cheers for the suggestions Goughy and AndyP

Can’t say I’ve liked anything Jeff Bridges has been in before so not likely try that one. Love Sons of Anarchy and have the whole DVD set. Pity Mayans is on another service which might have me dropping Disney for that one when the times right.

Welcome to Wrexham looks interesting. Dopestick does not appeal for reasons I won’t go into detail.

BobsYourUncle
14th April 2024, 12:39 PM
Watched the first episode of Fallout last night. Never played the games, so have limited knowledge going in. Didn't mind it, will watch the 2nd tonight.

Hatchman
14th April 2024, 01:01 PM
Guy at work showed me a trailer for Fallout yesterday.
I’ve never played the game either so have no idea what the story line is. First impression was it’s a Sci Fi Western.
Looked interesting.

goughy
14th April 2024, 01:19 PM
It's said you don't need any knowledge or experience with the game to follow the show. While it's based on the game premise, it is it's own story. And I've read that it even explains more than the game and answers some stuff the gamers never found out. It also gives more back story to prior events that the game doesn't get into.

TheNuclearOne
14th April 2024, 07:40 PM
Two eps into Fallout and enjoying it heaps.

goughy
15th April 2024, 07:23 AM
Of course we're all enjoying it! This is a golf forum, and while it doesn't have any golf in it, it does appear to have "caddies!"

WBennett
15th April 2024, 10:21 AM
Watched the first episode of Fallout last night. Never played the games, so have limited knowledge going in. Didn't mind it, will watch the 2nd tonight.

Same. Has promise, but I don't expect anything that light entertainment.

ParkRoyal
15th April 2024, 12:32 PM
Nearly finished Dopesick. Good but depressing.

Finished, deflating end to the story, which is hardly surprising, but really interesting watch.

Courty
21st April 2024, 07:42 PM
I finished The Gentlemen today & quite enjoyed it. Very obviously setting up for a second season.

Just started on season 2 of Blue Lights (Belfast cop show). Season 1 was excellent, so hoping for a repeat.

goughy
4th May 2024, 09:49 PM
Saw a preview for Eric, on Netflix, with Benedict Cumberbatch. Looks interesting.

AndyP
4th May 2024, 10:01 PM
Saw a preview for Eric, on Netflix, with Benedict Cumberbatch. Looks interesting.

Mods, change the name of the thread to "TV Shows that I haven't seen, but might be interesting".

goughy
4th May 2024, 10:50 PM
Seems a plan!

virge666
5th May 2024, 03:03 PM
Clarkson's Farm is back.. suitable entertaining.
He does make good TV.

Dazza
5th May 2024, 03:30 PM
Clarkson's Farm is back.. suitable entertaining.He does make good TV. Agree. It's good viewing.

TheNuclearOne
5th May 2024, 07:14 PM
Watched the first ep of Mayor of Kingstown, promising. Tracker seems ok after one ep as well. Less mundane than i thought it would be.

gazgolf1
12th May 2024, 08:27 AM
Been waiting for a while for this one, and it's nearly here, and the trailer has only upped my anticipation!
https://youtu.be/j6ucGt_Xp14?si=3GhvPhVnW45G-pcj

looks good, I just read Recursion by the same author, similar theme.

virge666
12th May 2024, 03:23 PM
Dark Matter.

2 Eps in and enjoying it.

The story has been done before.. but this just needs to be a little faster. The pacing of the first episode has slowed down in the 2nd..

WBennett
12th May 2024, 06:10 PM
Fallout was fun.
I actually watched every episode, a rarity for me.

PerryGroves
13th May 2024, 08:00 AM
Baby Reindeer on Netflix got recommended and is No 1. watched show.......tough/cringy viewing, wouldn't go again

AndyP
13th May 2024, 08:27 AM
Baby Reindeer on Netflix got recommended and is No 1. watched show.......tough/cringy viewing, wouldn't go again
So are you recommending it as a watch?

PerryGroves
13th May 2024, 08:55 AM
So are you recommending it as a watch?

No.