PDA

View Full Version : TV shows I love to watch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

goughy
9th June 2019, 01:26 PM
My musings after finally watching GOT.

We both think it's a show about Tyrion. By far the best character and actor on the show. And he seemed involved in everything. I really think it was a show about him.
If we hadn't started it when the show was over, so could binge watch it, we'd have given up. We almost didn't watch past season 4 as it was, which would have been a shame because from about the middle of season 5 up to the end of season 7 was awesome. If we'd been watching from the start, and waited 2 years from the awesome ending of S7 to see the first two eps of S8, I'd have felt ripped off. Having binged it the dragging of those first two eps was less of an annoyance. Am I disappointed I watched it? No. We were looking for something else to watch so it filled a gap. But if I hadn't watched it I don't think I'd have missed anything. I'll never watch it again, and I tend to watch stuff over and over.

Now we can move back onto Lucifer and Chernobyl.

BenM
9th June 2019, 02:19 PM
I just finished Chernobyl, it's fantastic.

TheNuclearOne
15th July 2019, 08:41 PM
Knocked over Sons of Anarchy in 2 or 3 weeks with no expectations of knowledge going in except that it is very highly rated. Fantastic show and i really enjoyed it. Lots of good acting, plenty of fast moving plots and a fair shair of brutality.

billp
16th July 2019, 09:54 AM
Chernobyl and Killing Eve are my favourite shows to date this year.

AndyP
16th July 2019, 12:00 PM
I need to get on to Killing Eve. The missus watches it, so I'll have some catching up to do.

goughy
16th July 2019, 12:32 PM
It wasn't bad. I haven't watched any of session two yet though.

AndyP
16th July 2019, 01:16 PM
It wasn't bad.
That's not a glowing report, but this is coming from the guy who kept watching GoT which was just okay.

goughy
16th July 2019, 03:18 PM
Much of what I watch is just ok. I prefer killing eve to got. But I watch very little TV on my own and rob didn't take to killing eve, so we didn't watch it together. I only watched season one a few months ago. Jody comer was great. And even funnier when you hear her true accent; a bit like when you hear James McAvoy's after only hearing him speak with a Yankee accent.

Wish The Expanse would start. Hanging out for it, our favourite show off the last few years.

Courty
16th July 2019, 06:08 PM
Quite enjoying City On A Hill at the moment.

goughy
19th July 2019, 08:33 PM
This looks better and better each preview

https://youtu.be/1yuIE1OYnVI

AndyP
30th July 2019, 11:08 AM
Just watched the first 3 eps of the new Netflix series ‘Love Death and Robots’

All animated short stories with a sci-fi edge. All different writers and different animators.

The first 3 were great.
How kid (12yo) friendly is this show, Courty? The rating suggests it is not.

Last season is crapolla
I still enjoyed the last season of The Bridge (which did make it to SBS recently), but there was a moment when it seemed to jump the shark. "It's all about Tommy".

Finished off the last season of Jessica Jones with the family last night; good, but not great.
I've just started Season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale.
I've watched a few episodes of Black Mirror too, and that was cool. I was always put off by how many season there were, and thought that it would be too much effort, but episodes are standalone, and there are only a few episodes per season anyway.

LeftyHoges
30th July 2019, 01:51 PM

I still enjoyed the last season of The Bridge (which did make it to SBS recently), but there was a moment when it seemed to jump the shark. "It's all about Tommy".

Finished off the last season of Jessica Jones with the family last night; good, but not great.
I've just started Season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale.
I've watched a few episodes of Black Mirror too, and that was cool. I was always put off by how many season there were, and thought that it would be too much effort, but episodes are standalone, and there are only a few episodes per season anyway.We've watched the first 3 EPs of Black Mirror too, it's a very "interesting" show....

Courty
30th July 2019, 05:26 PM

You're right. It's not even close to being kid friendly.

On the topic of The Bridge, I've just found a couple more 'Scandi Noir' series to check out... one called 'Greyzone', and the other Advokaten (The Lawyer).

I'm also keen on checking out the new Amazon series that dropped a couple of days ago called 'The Boys'. By all reports it's very good.

AndyP
30th July 2019, 09:22 PM
I just M - The City Hunts a Murderer from SBS for another European crime drama. Mostly because it is based in Vienna though.

goughy
2nd August 2019, 07:17 AM
Do yourself a favour and give Another Life on Netflix a miss. Thank me later.

Gonna give NOS4A2 a go.

TheNuclearOne
19th August 2019, 06:32 PM
Watched another little Euro German/Austria Crime/Drama/Mystery on SBS called Pagan Peak. It's only about 8 episodes long and gears up nicely after a slow first couple of eps. Good acting and the protagonist is quite interesting. Scenery is very impressive too of course. Bit slow for a while but very interesting thereafter.

AndyP
19th August 2019, 07:41 PM
Watched another little Euro German/Austria Crime/Drama/Mystery on SBS called Pagan Peak. It's only about 8 episodes long and gears up nicely after a slow first couple of eps. Good acting and the protagonist is quite interesting. Scenery is very impressive too of course. Bit slow for a while but very interesting thereafter.
Ooo, I'll add that to the list.

Daves
19th August 2019, 08:00 PM
Not on TV (yet), and I am late to the table (up to Series 9), I have become hooked on Hot Ones on the First We Feast Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FirstWeFeast/videos

Johnny Canuck
19th August 2019, 09:00 PM
Not on TV (yet), and I am late to the table (up to Series 9), I have become hooked on Hot Ones on the First We Feast Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FirstWeFeast/videos

It’s quite good fun with the right guests.

Has anyone watched Money Heist?

I’m near the end of Season 1 and am unsure about continuing.

TheNuclearOne
19th August 2019, 09:10 PM
Ooo, I'll add that to the list.

Let me know how you go. It takes about 2 1/2 eps to really get you in so hang in there as it builds.

Captain Nemo
20th August 2019, 12:40 PM
Anyone know a good site to watch past series episodes for free rather than having to sign up to things etc....?

goughy
20th August 2019, 10:42 PM
Yeah, but hasn't the govt shut them all down??? ;)

Captain Nemo
21st August 2019, 11:12 AM
No idea, let me know.

Bigbad
21st August 2019, 01:21 PM
If you sign up for Stan you get the first month free, and I think you can cancel straight away without paying the $14 a month or whatever it is.

I've just started City on a Hill on Stan, which is a pretty good show about robberies in Boston.

AndyP
21st August 2019, 02:53 PM
X-Files on SBS.

Toxic
21st August 2019, 06:38 PM
Hunted on SBS

Johnny Canuck
21st August 2019, 06:53 PM
Hunted on SBS

When is this on? I’ve seen one of the other seasons.

Ron Burgundy
21st August 2019, 08:02 PM
Anyone know a good site to watch past series episodes for free rather than having to sign up to things etc....? I watched Chernobyl on a free stream at 123movies. No idea what else they have but it worked fine for that one.

Toxic
21st August 2019, 08:09 PM
When is this on? I’ve seen one of the other seasons. Thursday night's in Victoria

Johnny Canuck
21st August 2019, 08:11 PM
Thursday night's in Victoria

Cheers.

AndyP
21st August 2019, 09:07 PM
Hunted on SBS
SBS On Demand don't seem to have it though. They mustn't have streaming rights.

damoocow
1st September 2019, 10:03 PM
I had thought Underbelly was the pinnacle of Australian shit tv until i watched Les Norton tonight.
Boring, predictable and looked like it was shot by high school film students.
As a country we are embarrassing.

Yossarian
1st September 2019, 10:19 PM
As opposed to the glorious people's commune of???

Toxic
2nd September 2019, 05:49 PM
13reasonswhy on Netflix.

I'm hooked

goughy
17th November 2019, 09:58 AM
Anyone else given The Mandalorian or His Dark Materials a go yet? What do you think so far?

Toxic
17th November 2019, 10:01 AM
Animal Kingdom

AndyP
17th November 2019, 11:45 PM
Anyone else given The Mandalorian or His Dark Materials a go yet? What do you think so far?
I'll probably watch His Dark Materials, after I add Amazon to watch the last series of Man in the High Castle.

What is The Mandalorian on?

Courty
18th November 2019, 10:44 AM
I’ve watched the first 2 eps of The Mandalorian. I enjoy Star Wars material but wouldn’t say I’m a huge fan so I’m unlikely to pick up inconsistencies with the main story line. With that in mind, I quite enjoyed it and will keep going.

goughy
18th November 2019, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I'm a huge star wars fan, but not one of those freaks that delve right down into it. I thought they were good, and the production was quality. Same with HDM, quality production.It's on Disney+, so the usual sources.

Daves
31st December 2019, 04:29 PM
I have just stumbled onto some clips on YouTube for Letterkenny. Anyone know where it is streamed?

Edit: Seems SBS on Demand has it.

goughy
17th February 2020, 10:37 AM
Anyone else given Avenue 5 a go yet? I'm enjoying it so far. Did nothing for Rob though; not her type of sci-fi.

TheNuclearOne
17th February 2020, 07:00 PM
Been busy lately.

Luther was great.
The following i enjoyed even if it got more than a bit silly at times.
Chernobyl was great, top show.
Bosch i really enjoyed.
Barry was rather different and i quite enjoyed it.
Killing Eve series 1 was quirky but ok.
Currently hammering through The Americans which has been awesome 1 series and a few eps in. Cracking show so far.

Pickles
18th February 2020, 12:39 PM
The only show I really watch on a weekly basis at the moment is Curb Your Enthusiasm.

benno_r
18th February 2020, 04:02 PM
As we found out at Vic Champs, Shotmakers is riveting viewing!

BUSHY
18th February 2020, 06:52 PM

Riveting and highly interesting.

Dotty
18th February 2020, 11:06 PM
But it's no 1996 World Putt Putt Championship.

Go Gazza!

JoeS
18th February 2020, 11:58 PM
Just got Netflix,onto Peaky Blinders.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Johnny Canuck
19th February 2020, 01:08 AM
On Netflix recently watched Seasons 1&2 of You. Creepy, but entertaining. Second season was better than the first.

Watched Don’t F*ck With Cats. Don’t let the title fool you, it’s actually quite good. Three part, true story about a psychopath.

Also watched the 3 parter on Aaron Hernandez. Found this quite good as well.

ParkRoyal
19th February 2020, 11:30 AM
Just finished Years and Years. Really good 6 episode series, slightly unnerving as parts of it is semi plausable.

PeteyD
19th February 2020, 12:37 PM
On Netflix recently watched Seasons 1&2 of You. Creepy, but entertaining. Second season was better than the first.

Watched Don’t F*ck With Cats. Don’t let the title fool you, it’s actually quite good. Three part, true story about a psychopath.

The Hernandez one was very interesting. DFWC is on the list.

BUSHY
19th February 2020, 01:17 PM

That Aaron Hernandez one was really good. I didn’t realise he’d killed himself though.

LeftyHoges
19th February 2020, 03:55 PM
As we found out at Vic Champs, Shotmakers is riveting viewing!Should've televised our Cups shotmakers instead...

goughy
21st February 2020, 11:26 AM
I get annoyed with this thing these days where tv series take a 2 year break between seasons! I mean, shows used to be 20+ episodes a season years ago, X every year, with a 10th of the technology we have today. Westworld was one in particular, which immediately went 2 years between seasons, from the start. I decided to give it the flick after the last season, and was finding the episodes rather drawn out anyway.

Just saw the trailer for the next season..... and I'm hooked! Friggin bastards.

AndyP
21st February 2020, 12:20 PM
The standards of TV Shows are at movie levels these days. These breaks shouldn't be surprising if we want quality, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2020, 12:48 PM
The standards of TV Shows are at movie levels these days. These breaks shouldn't be surprising if we want quality, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.

They also used to stretch the season out over half a year or longer.

So many shows are released a season at a time, allowing binge watching and greater wait times.

AndyP
21st February 2020, 12:55 PM
Yeah, how did people wait a whole week for the next episode before?

wazamac
21st February 2020, 01:04 PM
What ever happened to shows that were filmed in front of a live automated laughing machine?

WBennett
15th March 2020, 07:51 AM
So now there is no live sport for a month or two, whats worth watching on Netflix or whatever?

PerryGroves
15th March 2020, 08:39 AM
WB, I didn't mind The Loudest Voice in the Room, Rusty Crowe playing Roger Ailes who built Fox News. Think it was on Stan.

Also on Stan, plenty of episodes is Billions, may be more my thing than yours, wheeling and dealing in hedge fund world.

3Puttpete
15th March 2020, 12:40 PM
So now there is no live sport for a month or two, whats worth watching on Netflix or whatever? I turned Netflix off last week for Kayo with the golf majors and AFL coming up. Bugger. I’m 2 eps into The Test on Amazon. Takeaways so far : Langer was the right pick to look after cricket in Australia and Usman is the right man to look after Usman.

TheNuclearOne
15th March 2020, 12:47 PM
So glad i stocked up on a few movies and TV Series via the last couple of big JB HI-FI sales. I've got aabout 4 seasons of The Walking Dead unopened, the complete Hannibal series, the complete The Shield series and season 1 of Narcos among other things. Who knows what happens in the next few months.

Just finished the entire Series of "The Americans" and absolutely loved it overall. Season 5 i found quite a bit flat but there were some immense moments across the series that i will not forget in a hurry. Without spoiling the tire scene, snatch scene, sparring scene and soooo many more. The acting was strong overall and the leads brilliant, particularly Matthew Rhys. They also tied it up quit realistically and didn't go for multiple happy endings. The choice of music (smack bang in my fave decade) was sensational and i only wish they used more of it. Plenty of sex and violence and a fascinating storyline.

goughy
15th March 2020, 03:51 PM
Westworld S3 should drop anytime now. I had to find a timeline chat to make sense of seasons 1 and 2. And I just happened across a chronologically edited set of seasons 1 and 2. The flipping back and forward through time gets a bit confusing, especially early on when you didn't realise it was happening.

Courty
16th March 2020, 09:03 PM
Westworld S3 should drop anytime now. I had to find a timeline chat to make sense of seasons 1 and 2. And I just happened across a chronologically edited set of seasons 1 and 2. The flipping back and forward through time gets a bit confusing, especially early on when you didn't realise it was happening.

After the end of S02 I was thinking I'd be unlikely to watch any more. I just watched S03E01. Still a little confused as to WTF is going on.

I've recently watched 'Altered Carbon' S02, 'I Am Not OK With This', 'The Capture' and am currently neck deep in the final season of Homeland (all good).

I'll then move on to 'The Stranger', S03 of 'The Sinner', S04 of Brockmire, 'Hunters' and the next season of 'Ozark' (due in the next fortnight).

goughy
16th March 2020, 09:46 PM
I was the same with Westworld, and the 2 years between seasons doesn't sit well with me. Then I saw the trailer for s3 and it snagged me. I've read that at least the first 4eps run more linear. I haven't watched it yet though. We just kinda stopped watching Homeland for some reason. I liked it cause she's bipolar.

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2020, 10:44 AM
So glad i stocked up on a few movies and TV Series via the last couple of big JB HI-FI sales. I've got aabout 4 seasons of The Walking Dead unopened, the complete Hannibal series, the complete The Shield series and season 1 of Narcos among other things. Who knows what happens in the next few months.

Just finished the entire Series of "The Americans" and absolutely loved it overall. Season 5 i found quite a bit flat but there were some immense moments across the series that i will not forget in a hurry. Without spoiling the tire scene, snatch scene, sparring scene and soooo many more. The acting was strong overall and the leads brilliant, particularly Matthew Rhys. They also tied it up quit realistically and didn't go for multiple happy endings. The choice of music (smack bang in my fave decade) was sensational and i only wish they used more of it. Plenty of sex and violence and a fascinating storyline.

The Shield is one of my all time favourite series. Great viewing.

Diamonds
17th March 2020, 10:46 AM
I'm smashing Doomsday Preppers on Netflix

Hatchman
17th March 2020, 01:01 PM
Was looking for something to watch on Netflix Sunday.
Series 2 of Formula 1 - Drive to Survive came up in the trending so I went in search of series 1.
Found the story of several Drivers/Teams ups and downs really interesting and enjoyed it a lot. Series 1 was Daniel Ricardo's last year at Red Bull which they spent a bit of time on about him making the decision to move on when Red Bull were sure he would sign with them. What made it so interesting was following the issues and pressures associated with all the Teams and Drivers that weren't Ferrari or Mercedes just hoping to score points and what's at stake.
Watched all of series 1 Sun/Mon and now a couple of episodes into series 2.

wazamac
17th March 2020, 01:12 PM
Series 2 of Formula 1 - Drive to Survive came up in the trending so I went in search of series 1.
Found the story of several Drivers/Teams ups and downs really interesting and enjoyed it a lot. Series 1 was Daniel Ricardo's last year at Red Bull which they spent a bit of time on about him making the decision to move on when Red Bull were sure he would sign with them. What made it so interesting was following the issues and pressures associated with all the Teams and Drivers that weren't Ferrari or Mercedes just hoping to score points and what's at stake.

Sounds very interesting. Not have Netflix, hope I can find somewhere else.

thecollective
17th March 2020, 01:15 PM
Cancelled Kayo; absolutely no point continuing a paid service that has no live sport. Once GolfTV starts showing Euro tour will consider that as an alternative

Stan is getting a workout particularly with the kids. My wife is excited that Fleabag has just been added. Hilarious brit comedy

WBennett
17th March 2020, 01:59 PM

I really enjoyed Drive to Survive season 1 - season 2 didn't quite seem so engaging.

In saying that, I'll probably watch it again when we get kicked out of the office.

AndyP
17th March 2020, 02:22 PM
I'll probably watch His Dark Materials,
I watched five episodes of this while flying with Qantas. However, now that work has stopped domestic travel, I might not get the chance to finish it before Qantas drop it. I wouldn't consider that a big loss though, as I was struggling with it.

I didn't mind Big Little Lies S1, which I also watched with Qantas, but it wasn't as good as I was led to believe.

I've recently watched 'Altered Carbon' S02,I lasted no more than two episodes of S1.

Late last year, I grabbed Amazon for a month, and did some bingeing. I finished The Man In the High Castle, which struggled to its finish by introducing some side stories that I didn't care about. I also watched Fleabag S2 (very good), Carnival Row (good world building, but needs more with the story), Undone (different, but good), Good Omens (okay), and NOS4A2 (meh)

Did anyone else watch The Witcher? It isn't the best show going around, and the main character's mumbling is hard to understand at times, but it was a fun watch.

I'm currently enjoying S1 of Dark on Netflix and I'm watching it in German with English subtitles, because I heard the English overdub was bad. It looks like there are quite a few of the regularly watched shows coming up; Better Call Saul, Ozark, Fargo, After Life, Sinner, and Killing Eve, so there may not be much time for any new shows, although there won't be any sport...

We've got a free trial of Apple TV, but there really isn't anything that I am inspired to watch on it. Has anyone watched any of their shows?

goughy
17th March 2020, 03:36 PM
We enjoyed the Witcher. Not the greatest thing going around, but it was fun. Strangely I only got through a couple of EPs of altered carbon too.

Rob enjoyed The Morning Show which is on Apple. I didn't watch it.
If you've still got Amazon give The Expanse a gander.

AndyP
17th March 2020, 03:45 PM
If you've still got Amazon give The Expanse a gander.Nah, I just got it for one month, and didn't want to commit to something with that many seasons.

Hatchman
17th March 2020, 05:03 PM
I watched all of Witcher and was bit meh towards the end.

okitoki
17th March 2020, 05:37 PM
read/listen to the book.... a bit less confusing and more entertaining.

I am ashamed to admit that I am going through the list of Korean Drama on Netflix at the moment.... (with the wife ofcourse :D )

TheNuclearOne
17th March 2020, 06:54 PM

Great to know mate. In the process of deciding to attack this or Hannibal first.

Ferrins
20th March 2020, 07:58 PM
Watching Shetland atm

Hatchman
23rd March 2020, 05:34 PM
Watching Shetland atm

Those little Horses are funny some times.

goughy
18th April 2020, 08:30 PM
About half way through season 1 of a show called Counterpart, starring JK Simmons. Bloody ripper so far. Modern day cold war spy thriller, with a sci-fi edge. Only two seasons and I read it does come to a conclusion.

TheNuclearOne
18th April 2020, 09:24 PM

This was going along just ok for me for 3/4 or so of the first season and then BOOM. Multiple story arcs come together in one fantastic episode highlighted imo by Dutch's day in the sun. How damn good was that. It hasn't looked back since and i am well into season 5. Superlative TV.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2020, 09:56 PM
This was going along just ok for me for 3/4 or so of the first season and then BOOM. Multiple story arcs come together in one fantastic episode highlighted imo by Dutch's day in the sun. How damn good was that. It hasn't looked back since and i am well into season 5. Superlative TV.

Glad you are enjoying it. Such a good series that doesn’t get enough acclaim.

AndyP
18th April 2020, 10:03 PM
About half way through season 1 of a show called Counterpart, starring JK Simmons. Bloody ripper so far. Modern day cold war spy thriller, with a sci-fi edge. Only two seasons and I read it does come to a conclusion.I thought it was a good series and couldn't figure out why it got cancelled.

markTHEblake
18th April 2020, 10:14 PM
I just noticed Boot season 2 is about to start, in Europe. Not sure when SBS will air it.

Red Dwarf just release a 90 min episode, i guess its a one off.

Stuart
19th April 2020, 12:47 PM
I just noticed Boot season 2 is about to start, in Europe. Not sure when SBS will air it.

Red Dwarf just release a 90 min episode, i guess its a one off.

Big fan of Red Dwarf - been watching it since the early 1990s. I read somewhere recently that it is one of only a few shows that have aired across five decades (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and now 20s).

Evidently the new 'long format' episode got the best ratings of any show on Dave (the UK broadcaster who paid for it) in a few years. The reviews are generally positive as well, which makes it hopeful that there will be more series coming up. No idea if Australians can actually watch it legally though - no talk of a local release sadly.

goughy
20th April 2020, 12:32 PM
I thought it was a good series and couldn't figure out why it got cancelled.The network it was on, Starz, was moving to a more female oriented schedule, and found Counterpart had a more male dominated demographic. It was never a high rating performer, though a highly regarded and will reviewed show. They shopped it around, but couldn't find a buyer, like Lucifer and The Expanse did.

markTHEblake
20th April 2020, 01:48 PM
Halfway through Strike back season 8. Coincidentally when it started about 2 months ago the first couple episode involved a virus bioweapon being developed.

Its beginning to feel like the best season yet, much more character develepment than usual. That usually means someones gunna diem hope its not hot Aussie chick with the potty mouth. :-)

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2021, 01:37 PM
The Shield was awesome.

Hannibal i couldn't quite get completely into. They took a gamble and run it quite alternative and it didn't quite gel for me. Great acting and filming.

Loved Banshee. It gets a bit over the top and almost comic book like at times but it was fantastic.

Entourage was one helluva party, loved it. Great light hearted fun and loads of flesh and laughs. Ari was the highlight of many highlights, god he was funny.

How good is Ray Donovon? Season 1 was pretty good but I got watching other shows. I've finally got to Season 2 and it's exploded.

One season down of Justified too.

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2021, 01:40 PM
The Shield was awesome.

Hannibal i couldn't quite get completely into. They took a gamble and run it quite alternative and it didn't quite gel for me. Great acting and filming.

Loved Banshee. It gets a bit over the top and almost comic book like at times but it was fantastic.

Entourage was one helluva party, loved it. Great light hearted fun and loads of flesh and laughs. Ari was the highlight of many highlights, god he was funny.

How good is Ray Donovon? Season 1 was pretty good but I got watching other shows. I've finally got to Season 2 and it's exploded.

One season down of Justified too.

Loved The Shield, Entourage and Justified.

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2021, 02:02 PM
Loved The Shield, Entourage and Justified.

So so good. Ray Donovan?

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2021, 02:10 PM
So so good. Ray Donovan?

I need to check it out.

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2021, 02:30 PM
I need to check it out.

I'm going to bet you love it. Season 2 is killing me.

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2021, 02:39 PM
I'm going to bet you love it. Season 2 is killing me.

I’ll give it a run soon.

I’ve been watching Letterkenny, which is a Canadian comedy. Quite funny.

I have been trying to find it for a while and it turned out that it was on SBS on demand.

Sookie1
17th January 2021, 02:39 PM
Been some good binge watching on holidays. Unfortunately when I return to work tomorrow I will have to go back to normal tv time and I haven’t managed to get all I wanted watched.
Cobra Kai was a great trip down memory lane and very easy to watch and not take too seriously.
Kingdom has sort of sucked me in. The characters sucked me in but I’m only onto early season two.

I also agree with someone else’s comments earlier about Entourage. Loved that show and also Ari. I also like the way they ended everything with the movie. Not many series are lucky to get finished up in that way.

3Puttpete
17th January 2021, 02:51 PM
I’ll give it a run soon.

I have been trying to find it for a while and it turned out that it was on SBS on demand.

Is Letterkenny the one with the town tough bloke and anyone can organise a shot at the title?

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2021, 02:53 PM
Is Letterkenny the one with the town tough bloke and anyone can organise a shot at the title?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/7Vr4JQNv1BwigmOKVT/giphy.gif

3Puttpete
17th January 2021, 02:56 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/7Vr4JQNv1BwigmOKVT/giphy.gif

I saw a bit of season 1 a while ago. Hard yes. I might get back to it when I’m done with The man in the high castle.

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2021, 02:59 PM
I’ll give it a run soon.

Letterkenny looks OK actually. SBS on demand rocks.

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2021, 03:03 PM
Letterkenny looks OK actually. SBS on demand rocks.

It’s worth a watch for some lighthearted laughs. Takes the piss out of small town Canadian stereotypes.

Daves
17th January 2021, 06:20 PM
I have just stumbled onto some clips on YouTube for Letterkenny. Anyone know where it is streamed?

Edit: Seems SBS on Demand has it.

I’ll give it a run soon.

I thought I was the only one that was into this. Some very clever writing. So many ways to take the piss. And there is always Katy, Bonnie and Mrs McMurray to keep you watching!

markTHEblake
17th January 2021, 09:28 PM
I am watching Brave New World - its brilliant. Must see if you have ever read the book - IMO it portrays a more likely futuristic society than "1984" or Mad Max :)

Johnny Canuck
17th January 2021, 11:55 PM
I thought I was the only one that was into this. Some very clever writing. So many ways to take the piss. And there is always Katy, Bonnie and Mrs McMurray to keep you watching!

Yoss is a big fan as well.

The eye candy is a nice bonus.

goughy
18th January 2021, 10:28 AM
I am watching Brave New World - its brilliant. Must see if you have ever read the book - IMO it portrays a more likely futuristic society than "1984" or Mad Max :) Enjoyed it too. Pity it's been cancelled.

Toxic
25th January 2021, 05:26 PM
The Nightstalker - Netflix

Daves
25th February 2021, 06:35 PM
Ted Lasso (Apple) has come up a few times on Youtube. Quite enjoying what I have seen so far.

3Puttpete
25th February 2021, 06:45 PM
Ted Lasso (Apple) has come up a few times on Youtube. Quite enjoying what I have seen so far.

Not the best show in the world but it’s pleasant with a few laughs and some sweary moments.

AndyP
25th February 2021, 07:16 PM
Ted Lasso was very watchable.

PerryGroves
25th February 2021, 11:07 PM
A mate tipped me into The Looming Tower, I asked the usual with the gibberers I hang around with:

Where: Amazon Prime
How many seasons: One - 10 episodes
About: CIA/FBI interaction prior to 911
Subtitles: minimal
Do I need more than 2 episodes to get hooked: No

Worked for me, plus I like the work of Jeff Daniels

pt73
5th July 2021, 12:00 PM
Bosch Season 7, huge pity it's the last season.

Courty
5th July 2021, 04:54 PM
Mare of Easttown was an excellent watch.

I'm still on the scandi noir kick and plowing through as many series as I can find. Darkness: Those Who Kill season 2 was the most recent and it was very good (as was season 1).

Just started The Bureau, which will be followed by Katla & Dystopia.

AndyP
5th July 2021, 06:02 PM
I enjoyed the first season of Halt and Catch Fire on SBS. I was recommended it a fair while ago, but didn't have Fox to watch it. SBS has it now, and they do get some good stuff.

AndyP
30th August 2021, 06:11 PM
Tiny man crush on Kevin Spacey.
Wow!

Courty
30th August 2021, 06:56 PM
Wow!

2013... Nice threadmining! :mrgreen:

Just finished the mini-series Time (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13138834/) (good), closely followed by mini-series The North Water (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660970/) (excellent), and about to start Vigil (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11846996/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1).

Also keen on a couple of upcoming series... The Chestnut Man (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10834220/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1), Invasion (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9737326/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0) & Foundation (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1).

LeftyHoges
30th August 2021, 07:07 PM
Wow!It's ok, the feeling was mutual....

chappy1970
30th August 2021, 07:22 PM
I quite enjoyed Startup on Netflix.

The story jump a little occasionally, but was a reasonably interesting story line

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

AndyP
30th August 2021, 08:49 PM
It's ok, the feeling was mutual....Was?

blurry
31st August 2021, 11:03 AM
Watching The Wire for about the 3rd time just finishing season 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkRoyal
31st August 2021, 11:19 AM
Alone season 5, Alone is the best reality TV show by far.

AndyP
31st August 2021, 11:47 AM
Alone season 5, Alone is the best reality TV show by far.
This is the reason for my thread mine. I came into the thread looking for mentions of Alone, as I can see it was on SBS, and thought it was a Lefty recommendation, which turned out to be Hunted.

LeftyHoges
31st August 2021, 12:05 PM
This is the reason for my thread mine. I came into the thread looking for mentions of Alone, as I can see it was on SBS, and thought it was a Lefty recommendation, which turned out to be Hunted.

The moment they showed the "boundary area" these people have to stay in I turned it off.

Absolute bullshit. You think you're a good hunter, find someone who could be anywhere in the world, not in a 500-mile square area.

Stunning recommendation.... :lol:

ParkRoyal
31st August 2021, 12:07 PM
Watch from season 1 if you haven't watched any.
Incredible show, pretty much all the contestants are likeable, amazing skills and locations, but some brutal 'real' reality.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2021, 08:04 PM
Where does one watch Hunted?

AndyP
31st August 2021, 08:14 PM
Where does one watch Hunted?Two seasons on Amazon Prime seems to be the only Australian source.

Johnny Canuck
31st August 2021, 08:15 PM
Two seasons on Amazon Prime seems to be the only Australian source.

Cheers Andy.

Might get into that after I’m done with Disney.

Two episodes left of Wandavision, which has been surprisingly good.

AndyP
31st August 2021, 08:35 PM
I've got getting a Disney subscription as something to do to binge a few shows. Wandavision would be one, and Loki another, if it's any good.

Johnny Canuck
1st September 2021, 12:07 AM
I've got getting a Disney subscription as something to do to binge a few shows. Wandavision would be one, and Loki another, if it's any good.

Mandalorian was really good as well.

AndyP
1st September 2021, 08:56 AM
Mandalorian was really good as well.That's what I used my free trial on. And yes, it was really good.

goughy
1st September 2021, 09:01 AM
The Marvel TV shows haven't been too bad! Wandavision drove Rob nuts for the first 2 or 3 episodes, then she had the "oh yeah" moment. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was ok, and Loki was a bit of fun with some good casting choices. Whether you like the MCU or not, there's no denying that they've done a pretty stellar job of tying everything in together, with planning going back many years! Kicking DC's arse with that.

Dcanto
1st September 2021, 09:56 AM
I've got getting a Disney subscription as something to do to binge a few shows. Wandavision would be one, and Loki another, if it's any good. My boys and I enjoyed Falcon and the Winter Soldier also.

markTHEblake
1st September 2021, 10:36 AM
Havent found anything good since Strike Back and Last Ship finished. Anything good like that with lots of blowing up stuff?

virge666
1st September 2021, 10:43 AM
Archer is Back... :)

Newsreader is very Australian and enjoyable.

Invincible was excellent.. for an Anime cartoon.. just freaking excellent. if you like Marvel ... watch this.

I am struggling to really find something that good - all the shows seem to be 3 episodes padded out to 8 episodes with so much nonsense in between.

Johnny Canuck
1st September 2021, 11:09 AM
The Marvel TV shows haven't been too bad! Wandavision drove Rob nuts for the first 2 or 3 episodes, then she had the "oh yeah" moment. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was ok, and Loki was a bit of fun with some good casting choices. Whether you like the MCU or not, there's no denying that they've done a pretty stellar job of tying everything in together, with planning going back many years! Kicking DC's arse with that.

I was similar with Wandavision. It’s developed nicely.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was decent, easy watch.

I haven’t watched much of the Marvel Universe. Now that I’ve seen a few series, I need a plan of attack for the other parts

goughy
1st September 2021, 02:14 PM
Havent found anything good since Strike Back and Last Ship finished. Anything good like that with lots of blowing up stuff? The last ship has been one of our favorites. The Expanse is one of the best shows on tv, let alone the best SciFi since before BSG.

AndyP
1st September 2021, 03:06 PM
I have been told that you have to get through the first season of The Expanse before it becomes good. I didn't last that long, and would rather watch something else.

virge666
2nd September 2021, 07:45 PM
I have been told that you have to get through the first season of The Expanse before it becomes good. I didn't last that long, and would rather watch something else.

The Expanse in just Excellent. freaking excellent.

if you have Amazon Prime.. look up Coupling from the BBC. have re watched it and it is still awesome

markTHEblake
2nd September 2021, 08:09 PM
The giggle loop

goughy
2nd September 2021, 08:40 PM
The first season of the expanse is excellent. From the first episode. But if it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea.

virge666
2nd September 2021, 11:46 PM
The giggle loop

The UnFlushables...

markTHEblake
3rd September 2021, 12:27 AM
My favourite is the cushion on sofa rant (its personal) and anything Jeff said.

AndyP
3rd September 2021, 06:57 AM
The first season of the expanse is excellent. From the first episode. But if it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea.
Cool. I haven't missed out by dumping it then, because it was boring me.

CobraSS
4th September 2021, 10:43 PM
Damnation, on Netflix.

Toxic
5th September 2021, 08:01 PM
Binge watched episodes 1-8 of CLICKBAIT on Netflix today

Awesome show

Timbo
5th September 2021, 08:15 PM
I just finished The Boys on Amazon. I usually can’t watch a Marvel superhero film, or any type of fantasy film or movie, but I really enjoyed this. I guess it’s different when the heroes are c*nts.

goughy
6th September 2021, 08:05 AM
Yeah, The Boys is great. Granted I'm super hero movie fan, and can pretty much watch anything and find some enjoyment from it.

chappy1970
6th September 2021, 08:10 AM
Binge watched episodes 1-8 of CLICKBAIT on Netflix today

Awesome showStarted this yesterday, 2 eps in, good so far

AndyP
6th September 2021, 08:41 AM
Started this yesterday, 2 eps in, good so far

My missus said that while it was a good story, it was a bit lame at times, and the acting was bad. She still watched it all.

I just finished Halt and Catch Fire on SBS On Demand yesterday. It fully sucked me in, and almost had me shedding a tear towards the end. Really good show.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2021, 10:54 AM
My missus said that while it was a good story, it was a bit lame at times, and the acting was bad. She still watched it all.

I just finished Halt and Catch Fire on SBS On Demand yesterday. It fully sucked me in, and almost had me shedding a tear towards the end. Really good show.

I’ve done about a season and a half of The Boys.

Couldn’t really argue with your wife’s account of it.

It is quite entertaining.

After watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Wandavision, I’ve decided to tackle the MCU. I’ve got a lot of watching ahead of me.

AndyP
6th September 2021, 10:58 AM
I’ve done about a season and a half of The Boys.

Couldn’t really argue with your wife’s account of it.
That was for Clickbait, not The Boys.

Good luck with your MCU deep dive.

Johnny Canuck
6th September 2021, 10:59 AM
Whoops.

I thought it was pretty accurate.

I’m sure she’d agree about the boys as well.

TheNuclearOne
6th September 2021, 05:28 PM

I slipped into this due to your mention a while back and it's all on SBS. While not quite in my wheelhouse it's a very good show and i'm 6 deep in Season 2. Not a bad drama.

TheNuclearOne
6th September 2021, 05:32 PM

Stupendous tv.

TheNuclearOne
6th September 2021, 05:37 PM
Bosch Season 7, huge pity it's the last season.

Powered through this in no time. Quite a few felt the season a letdown but i enjoyed it. Something about this procedural that roped me right in and i absolutely loved it. Watched Season 1 again for kicks the other day.

I reckon you'd maybe know about this -

https://www.newsweek.com/what-we-know-about-bosch-spin-off-cast-release-date-1604787

Toxic
6th September 2021, 06:57 PM
Started this yesterday, 2 eps in, good so farSent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk Gets insane episode 5,6,7. Will be interested in your thoughts on final episode

PerryGroves
7th September 2021, 09:17 AM

Stupendous tv.

Omar Little is gone, Michael K Williams dead at 54. Loved The Wire (until the last series), mainly due to Omar

"You come at the king, you best not miss."
"It's all in the game, yo." ...
"Man, money ain't got no owners, only spenders."
"And I keeps one in the chamber in case you pondering." ...
"Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/news/michael-k-williams-star-of-the-wire-and-boardwalk-empire-found-dead-at-54/ar-AAO9VzN?ocid=msedgntp

blurry
7th September 2021, 10:18 AM
Omar Little is gone, Michael K Williams dead at 54. Loved The Wire (until the last series), mainly due to Omar

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/news/michael-k-williams-star-of-the-wire-and-boardwalk-empire-found-dead-at-54/ar-AAO9VzN?ocid=msedgntp

Yeah , just saw it in the news

chappy1970
7th September 2021, 10:22 AM
Been enjoying War of the Worlds on SBS

Grunt
7th September 2021, 11:00 AM
Watched the doco on 9-11 and Afghanistan on Netflix over the weekend.

Very interesting and quite graphic.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2021, 06:26 PM

You wouldn't believe last night i watched a heap of youtube clips of Omar highlights. Totally agree he was one of and maybe the biggest high point in a bunch of them.

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2021, 06:27 PM
Been enjoying War of the Worlds on SBS

It's been hammered quite a bit but i too have actually enjoyed it LOL

Johnny Canuck
7th September 2021, 07:08 PM
You wouldn't believe last night i watched a heap of youtube clips of Omar highlights. Totally agree he was one of and maybe the biggest high point in a bunch of them.

Omar is one of my all time favourite TV characters.

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2021, 09:03 PM
Omar is one of my all time favourite TV characters.

Absolutely!

LeftyHoges
8th September 2021, 09:58 AM
There was a ripping documentary on Saturday night, about 7:20PM, on the story of David overcoming Goliath.

Jack Macrae stars as the metaphysical David, plays the role to absolute perfection, and Dayne Zorko is the perfect guy you love to hate as the embodiment of Goliath.

AndyP
8th September 2021, 10:45 AM
There was a ripping documentary on Saturday night, about 7:20PM, on the story of David overcoming Goliath.

Jack Macrae stars as the metaphysical David, plays the role to absolute perfection, and Dayne Zorko is the perfect guy you love to hate as the embodiment of Goliath.
Who are the umpires meant to be in that story? They played a pretty big part, didn't they?

3Puttpete
8th September 2021, 10:49 AM

I liked the bit where Goliath’s crowd was crying at the end.

LeftyHoges
9th September 2021, 11:02 AM
Who are the umpires meant to be in that story? They played a pretty big part, didn't they?

They played a massive role. Would've been a 3 or 4 rock victory to David had they done their jobs properly. But happy to see David won despite their ineptitude.

AndyP
10th September 2021, 09:56 AM
What about the shows in the "watch with the missus" category?

Big Little Lies was pretty good, so we are watching the new one, Nine Perfect Strangers, from the same author, on Amazon Prime.

Rosehaven on ABC is good for a light half hour Australian comedy too.

Wheel of Time is coming in November on Amazon Prime too. Based on the massive book series it will be interesting to see how it goes. Amazon have a series from the Tolkien world coming at some stage too.

LeftyHoges
10th September 2021, 10:08 AM
What about the shows in the "watch with the missus" category?

Satisfaction

Californication

Outlander

Chernobyl

The Tudors

Masters of Sex

Bridgerton

Thank me later...

AndyP
10th September 2021, 11:54 AM
Bridgerton? She has watched that, and I'm not sure that I wanted to be present for it.

LeftyHoges
10th September 2021, 12:14 PM
Bridgerton? She has watched that, and I'm not sure that I wanted to be present for it.

So long as you were somewhere in the general vicinity afterwards is all that really matters.

Toxic
11th September 2021, 07:29 AM
What about the shows in the "watch with the missus" category?Big Little Lies was pretty good, so we are watching the new one, Nine Perfect Strangers, from the same author, on Amazon Prime.Rosehaven on ABC is good for a light half hour Australian comedy too.Wheel of Time is coming in November on Amazon Prime too. Based on the massive book series it will be interesting to see how it goes. Amazon have a series from the Tolkien world coming at some stage too. Thoughts on 9 perfect strangers?

chappy1970
11th September 2021, 08:41 AM
Not a TV show, but VICE on SBS on Demand is a worthwhile watch.

I have no idea how accurate it is, but if it is close, and I suspect it would be, what a despicable bunch of humans

Christian Bale is very good

goughy
11th September 2021, 11:18 AM
I can't remember it's name, but the recent limited series with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant was excellent. Definitely one to watch with your other.

pt73
11th September 2021, 11:55 AM
Powered through this in no time. Quite a few felt the season a letdown but i enjoyed it. Something about this procedural that roped me right in and i absolutely loved it. Watched Season 1 again for kicks the other day.

I reckon you'd maybe know about this -

https://www.newsweek.com/what-we-know-about-bosch-spin-off-cast-release-date-1604787
I didn’t know that so thanks for the info.

My daughter bought me Connelly’s first Harry Bosch book and I can see everything being said and done in my mind.

pt73
11th September 2021, 11:57 AM
I can't remember it's name, but the recent limited series with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant was excellent. Definitely one to watch with your other.
The Undoing and it was excellent acting from both.

AndyP
11th September 2021, 03:31 PM
Thoughts on 9 perfect strangers?Only a couple of episodes in so far, as we just got the Amazon subscription, and didn't want the month running out before the series ended.

benno_r
21st September 2021, 09:53 AM
Started 9 Perfcet Strangers and Clickbait.

Both are watchable without being riveting.

Almost completed diversity bingo on Clickbait too, which is a bonus.

Courty
21st September 2021, 04:58 PM
Just finished the mini-series Time (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13138834/) (good), closely followed by mini-series The North Water (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660970/) (excellent), and about to start Vigil (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11846996/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1).

1 ep to go in Vigil... it's been excellent.

American Rust (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1532495/) is pretty good so far.

Started 9 Perfect Strangers on the strength of Big Little Lies, but didn't return after the 1st ep.

Also tried Kin (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13444408/)... seemed pretty good, but just a bit too same, same to continue.

WBennett
21st September 2021, 06:20 PM
I don't watch much TV that isn't sport, but binged Ted Lasso on Sunday.

Ten episodes straight is 9.5 more than I would normally watch.

It didn't surprise me that it won everything at whatever the awards show was.

Ron Burgundy
21st September 2021, 06:33 PM
I don't watch much TV that isn't sport, but binged Ted Lasso on Sunday.Ten episodes straight is 9.5 more than I would normally watch.It didn't surprise me that it won everything at whatever the awards show was.Best show I’ve seen in a long time. I’m actually wearing a Roy Kent jersey right now.

Grunt
21st September 2021, 07:28 PM
Watched Schumacher last night on Netflix. Good show of the different sides to him and his life both in and out of F1

3Puttpete
21st September 2021, 08:58 PM
best show i’ve seen in a long time. I’m actually wearing a roy f*****g kent jersey right now.

ftfy

Ron Burgundy
21st September 2021, 09:01 PM
ftfy It certainly improved my productivity today. I was here, I was there, I was every-****ing-where.

virge666
22nd September 2021, 12:03 AM
I am struggling with Ted Lasso. 1st season - awesome.

2nd season - all about the women and i just dont care about either of them.

The drinking night with coach Beard was pretty damn good though.

virge666
22nd September 2021, 12:04 AM
Vigil - well worth it.

(i am biased)

Foundation starting next week too.

pt73
22nd September 2021, 08:00 AM
Hacks on Stan starring Jean Smart, very funny.

benno_r
27th September 2021, 10:04 AM
Best show I’ve seen in a long time. I’m actually wearing a Roy Kent jersey right now.I went into this show blind without checking into any of the hype.

I was stunned by how good it was. I can't remember the last time I binged a whole season of a show in one sitting.

AndyP
27th September 2021, 11:00 AM
Started 9 Perfect Strangers on the strength of Big Little Lies, but didn't return after the 1st ep.
It wasn't worth getting to the end.

benno_r
27th September 2021, 11:17 AM
It wasn't worth getting to the end.Agreed, and hopefully no sequel.

virge666
27th September 2021, 11:41 AM
I went into this show blind without checking into any of the hype.

I was stunned by how good it was. I can't remember the last time I binged a whole season of a show in one sitting.

Come back to me after Season 2... The last episode with the singing in the Church and breakup bit in the cupboard, had to forcible keep my dinner down.

i am guessing after the first season, they saw mostly women were watching . . . so they removed all the football and comedy, replacing it with all this nonsense about the women's relationships and male vulnerability. typical Grey's Anatomy vaginal TV.

They should rename the show, Roy F**king Kent, and bring back the fun.

Daves
27th September 2021, 03:48 PM
Come back to me after Season 2... The last episode with the singing in the Church and breakup bit in the cupboard, had to forcible keep my dinner down.

i am guessing after the first season, they saw mostly women were watching . . . so they removed all the football and comedy, replacing it with all this nonsense about the women's relationships and male vulnerability. typical Grey's Anatomy vaginal TV.

They should rename the show, Roy F**king Kent, and bring back the fun.

i am sure this will "thrill" you then!:-s

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a37706724/ted-lasso-season-2-lgbtq-gay/

markTHEblake
27th September 2021, 04:08 PM
Just started watching The Stranger (netflix mini series) is looking very intriguing. Pommie show and the stranger, Hannah John-Kamen is worth the ticket price alone.

Courty
27th September 2021, 07:12 PM
It wasn't worth getting to the end.

Good to know I'm not missing anything. :mrgreen:

Just started watching The Stranger (netflix mini series) is looking very intriguing. Pommie show and the stranger, Hannah John-Kamen is worth the ticket price alone.

Yep, good show.

Started Foundation on the weekend. I haven't read the books (although they're on my list) so I don't have any background, but I'm enjoying it so far. The massive production budgets are very evident in the visuals as well.

WBennett
27th September 2021, 07:32 PM
I am struggling with Ted Lasso. 1st season - awesome.

2nd season - all about the women and i just dont care about either of them.

The drinking night with coach Beard was pretty damn good though.

I am two episodes into season 2 and have abandoned ship.

LeftyHoges
28th September 2021, 09:59 AM
i am sure this will "thrill" you then!:-s

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a37706724/ted-lasso-season-2-lgbtq-gay/

Jesus ****ing Christ.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Daves
28th September 2021, 01:25 PM
Some fun facts.

Nick Mohammed who plays Nate in Ted Lasso is;

a Skilled Magician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrigzcT96L8

Was the Voice of Piglet in Disney's Christopher Robin

Is the Creator and Writer of David Schwimmer's TV Series - Intelligence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Mohammed

https://www.tvovermind.com/nick-mohammed/

Hard_Pan
6th October 2021, 11:58 AM
Watching Morning Wars with the Mrs. Mockumentary of the Today show on Channel 9?!?

Courty
6th October 2021, 07:40 PM
Vigil was great.

Just finished The Valhalla Murders (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9100822/), and have now started The Chestnut Man (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10834220/).

pt73
6th October 2021, 08:09 PM
Just finished Billions Season 5, every season has been excellent.

I agree that Vigil was great and also Valhalla Murders, if you like that you should try Bordertown on Netflix.

Dcanto
6th October 2021, 09:36 PM
Confession time - I've enjoying Doom Patrol on Foxtel. Season 3 has recently started.

Pickles
7th October 2021, 12:05 PM
I watched the first season of Squid Game on Netflix over the last week. Went in knowing nothing about it only that a lot of people were talking about it. Pretty good if you can handle the gruesome side of it.

Netflix had the dubbed English version of it as default which made it unwatchable imo. Tried again with just english subtitles and it was much better.

3Puttpete
7th October 2021, 12:25 PM
I watched the first season of Squid Game on Netflix over the last week. Went in knowing nothing about it only that a lot of people were talking about it. Pretty good if you can handle the gruesome side of it.

Netflix had the dubbed English version of it as default which made it unwatchable imo. Tried again with just english subtitles and it was much better.

I read somewhere the subtitles are more accurate than the simplified dubbing too.

Of course I didn’t read until I’d finished it

AndyP
7th October 2021, 01:07 PM
I'm currently watching it, and don't have a choice because the missus doesn't like subtitles, even though I told her they would be better. It's a bit slow at times, because you are just waiting for the next game.

3Puttpete
7th October 2021, 02:19 PM
I'm currently watching it, and don't have a choice because the missus doesn't like subtitles, even though I told her they would be better. It's a bit slow at times, because you are just waiting for the next game.

Ep 2 I think was a horrible delay

Johnny Canuck
7th October 2021, 03:41 PM
I like subtitles and have noticed quite a difference between the subtitles and the dialogue.

Courty
7th October 2021, 10:23 PM
if you like that you should try Bordertown on Netflix.

We tried Bordertown a little while ago but couldn't get into it. Can't really explain why, it was just 'the vibe'.

have now started The Chestnut Man (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10834220/).

Halfway through now... what a ripping show!!

pt73
8th October 2021, 11:43 AM
We tried Bordertown a little while ago but couldn't get into it. Can't really explain why, it was just 'the vibe'.

Halfway through now... what a ripping show!!
The main guy in Bordertown is very quirky which is what we loved.

thecollective
16th October 2021, 10:35 PM
+1 for squid game, absolutely love it.

Unwatchable with the English overdub, turn it to Korean with English subtitles

meh
18th October 2021, 06:43 AM
Succession season 3 just about to start, happy days.

AlexMc
23rd October 2021, 06:48 AM
I am struggling with Ted Lasso. 1st season - awesome.2nd season - all about the women and i just dont care about either of them.The drinking night with coach Beard was pretty damn good though. This is what is so good about the show - I didn’t see it was about the women at all. I thought it was about the father and son relationship dynamic - Jamie and his arsehole father, Nate and his hard-to-please father, Ted and his father, Ted and Nate…My only real complaint was the filler episodes broke up the consistency of the storyline. Other than that - great. Only thing I’ve seen better this year was The White Lotus, but haven’t started watching Succession yet.

virge666
26th October 2021, 03:34 PM
This is what is so good about the show - I didn’t see it was about the women at all. I thought it was about the father and son relationship dynamic - Jamie and his arsehole father, Nate and his hard-to-please father, Ted and his father, Ted and Nate…My only real complaint was the filler episodes broke up the consistency of the storyline. Other than that - great. Only thing I’ve seen better this year was The White Lotus, but haven’t started watching Succession yet.

Wow... amazing how we see it so differently.

To me it was all about Rebecca and Keely. episode after episode of dreary relationship nonsense, and then the Nate thing that also made no sense and his hair that magically got grayer and grayer every ten minutes.

AndyP
15th November 2021, 08:32 PM
Chestnut Man was a great recommendation. One episode to go in AppleTV's Foundation. Great visuals, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere really. The missus didn't last more than one episode.On to Disney Plus now.

Dazza
16th November 2021, 08:09 AM
Bit behind the times..... Started watching The Sopranos last week.

virge666
18th November 2021, 06:11 PM
Foundation. not even close to the books - but rather enjoying it.
Richard Hammond car shop or whatever... dreary badly played reality TV

Courty
18th November 2021, 11:01 PM
Just watched The Tower (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14364876/), which was pretty decent.

Humming along with the latest season of The Sinner (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6048596/). It's not quite the same vibe as previous seasons, but still quite good.

Just finished the first season of American Rust (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1532495/). It's quite gritty, but very well produced. If you liked Mare of Easttown, you'll like this.

Also up to date on Foundation (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/) and Invasion (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9737326/). Enjoying both, particularly Invasion.

Last but not least, we're neck deep in a show called Line of Duty (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/). It's an English cop show that's been around for a while and was never really on our radar, but now that we've started it we can't stop!

Hard_Pan
18th November 2021, 11:02 PM
Foundation. not even close to the books - but rather enjoying it.

Agreed. Nothing like the books at all. I'm persisting with it but not a fan. Might go back and re-read the books.

AndyP
19th November 2021, 06:21 AM
I haven't read the Foundation books, and I'm not overly enjoying the show. It took an episode and a half to get going, was good for a couple, then threw in a pointless backstory episode. Great visuals though.

goughy
19th November 2021, 08:32 AM
I read that one of the reasons the Foundation story was considered "unfilmable" was because the books aren't really about characters, but are about the Foundation itself, and survival of the race. And the story takes place over a thousand+ years. TV and movies don't necessarily like not having regular characters. One of the things that drew us to watching it was the main actor who plays the guy who started the foundation...... loved him in The Expanse.

ParkRoyal
19th November 2021, 03:38 PM
Just finished season 1 (and onto S2) of Sex Education. Very funny and awkward.

markTHEblake
19th November 2021, 07:35 PM
Just watched The Tower (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14364876/), which was pretty decent.

Humming along with the latest season of The Sinner (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6048596/). It's not quite the same vibe as previous seasons, but still quite good.

Just finished the first season of American Rust (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1532495/). It's quite gritty, but very well produced. If you liked Mare of Easttown, you'll like this.

Also up to date on Foundation (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/) and Invasion (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9737326/). Enjoying both, particularly Invasion.

Last but not least, we're neck deep in a show called Line of Duty (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/). It's an English cop show that's been around for a while and was never really on our radar, but now that we've started it we can't stop!

how do you get time to golf, work, post on ozgolf?

virge666
20th November 2021, 06:57 PM
First Episode of Invasion...

Think i fast forwarded 35 mins of it... does anything actually happen?

2nd one coming down now....

Courty
21st November 2021, 05:52 PM
First Episode of Invasion...

Think i fast forwarded 35 mins of it... does anything actually happen?

It's character development... don't worry, stuff happens.

Daves
19th December 2021, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCzXf8VYPgg

Season 10 underway.

Hard_Pan
21st December 2021, 11:02 AM
Dug up an old (relatively speaking), gem on Netflix recently. The Detectorists.

3Puttpete
21st December 2021, 11:24 AM
Dug up an old (relatively speaking), gem on Netflix recently. The Detectorists.

It’s pleasant.

Courty
21st December 2021, 08:07 PM
Anyone watching MacGruber?

It's not exactly cerebral, but has plenty of amusing moments.

Sydney Hacker
21st December 2021, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately I think I am done with Yellowstone, they have wasted the whole season setting up prequels and sequels to the detriment of any real storyline for this series.

PerryGroves
21st December 2021, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately I think I am done with Yellowstone, they have wasted the whole season setting up prequels and sequels to the detriment of any real storyline for this series.

Agreed SH, haven't watched the last episode 'cause I'm gone from patiently waiting to indifferent

AndyP
21st December 2021, 09:55 PM
Anyone watching MacGruber?It's not exactly cerebral, but has plenty of amusing moments.I'm not watching it, but it seems to have plenty of advertising on the socials. A bit like Succession, which I hadn't heard of until this year, then all you hear is about how good the current season is. If it was so good why didn't I hear about it before?

Sydney Hacker
3rd January 2022, 06:08 PM
Agreed SH, haven't watched the last episode 'cause I'm gone from patiently waiting to indifferent Just a quick follow up, I have found the last 2 episodes to be better. Hopefully they are done with setting up other shows but I suspect they will drift back into it.

Hatchman
3rd January 2022, 08:31 PM
Re-visiting the whole series of Person of Interest on 7+.
I missed a heap of episodes through 3 & 4 the first time it was on. Looking forward to those gaps being filled.
Binge watching last 2 days and up to episode 9 Season 2 atm.

Courty
3rd January 2022, 08:58 PM
Mayor of Kingstown (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11712058/)... just watch it!!

AndyP
3rd January 2022, 09:09 PM
Mayor of Kingstown (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11712058/)... just watch it!!
You have Paramount Plus?

rickie prowler
3rd January 2022, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately I think I am done with Yellowstone, they have wasted the whole season setting up prequels and sequels to the detriment of any real storyline for this series. 3 things you can be sure of in every episode of Yellowstone. 1 Beths tits will come extremely close to falling out2 John will say something deep about the old ways quickly followed by a montage of some horse stuff3 Casey will kill someone and it will never be mentioned again. It had the makings of a good show but it’s gone way over the top at this stage

virge666
4th January 2022, 10:06 PM
3 things you can be sure of in every episode of Yellowstone. 1 Beths tits will come extremely close to falling out2 John will say something deep about the old ways quickly followed by a montage of some horse stuff3 Casey will kill someone and it will never be mentioned again. It had the makings of a good show but it’s gone way over the top at this stage

1 billion percent.

has just become a boring soap opera with 15 seconds of story in-between contrived drama bits like the Bikers in the paddock and the Diner that got held up.. dont get me started on the big shootout at the end of the last season. Jumped the Shark, turned around and jumped the Shark again, then shot the Shark and jumped over that too.

The last 4 episodes of the last season - dead set, nothing happened, like absolutely nothing.

rickie prowler
8th January 2022, 11:15 PM
Not a tv show but watched sing 2 with the kids today. It’s tremendous. 10/10

Grunt
25th January 2022, 09:41 PM
Watched the first ep of the new season of Ozark. It is looking the goods again.

Toxic
26th January 2022, 08:38 AM
Watched the first ep of the new season of Ozark. It is looking the goods again. Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk What season?

Toxic
26th January 2022, 08:39 AM
Watched the first ep of the new season of Ozark. It is looking the goods again. Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk If you love Ozark, watch Start Up. Possibly even better than Ozark

henno
26th January 2022, 10:31 AM
I struggled to get started in Season 2 of Ozark, after enjoying Season 1, so just left it there. Is it worth pushing on?

chappy1970
26th January 2022, 11:21 AM
If you love Ozark, watch Start Up. Possibly even better than OzarkI just started season 4, Ozark is one my favourites

I watched Start Up, but thought it ran 2nd to Ozark
I struggled to get started in Season 2 of Ozark, after enjoying Season 1, so just left it there. Is it worth pushing on?I don't know what your TV tastes are Henno, but I thought Ozark got better and better. The final episode of season 3 was a complete mind f###. Awesome imo

Toxic
27th January 2022, 04:11 PM
I struggled to get started in Season 2 of Ozark, after enjoying Season 1, so just left it there. Is it worth pushing on? Push OnIt gets insane

3Puttpete
27th January 2022, 04:16 PM
I was looking for something a little more exciting after season 1 of Ozark so I stared at a brick wall for 8 hours.

chappy1970
27th January 2022, 04:39 PM
Ploughed through Season 3 of Afterlife and really enjoyed it.

The ending suggested that this season may be the last, but who knows, it's very popular

Courty
27th January 2022, 05:21 PM
Ploughed through Season 3 of Afterlife and really enjoyed it.

The ending suggested that this season may be the last, but who knows, it's very popular

Agreed Chappy. It's a fantastic piece of story-telling.

Sydney Hacker
27th January 2022, 07:02 PM
Ploughed through Season 3 of Afterlife and really enjoyed it.The ending suggested that this season may be the last, but who knows, it's very popularHe was pretty adamant that he wouldn’t do another series, and broke his 2 season rule to do this one. I really enjoyed it, but didn’t really like what they did to Roxy’s character in her absence.

3Puttpete
3rd February 2022, 10:15 PM
Murderville

Courty
3rd February 2022, 10:38 PM
Murderville

Cool. I've been waiting for it. Sounds like a fun concept.

3Puttpete
3rd February 2022, 11:51 PM
Cool. I've been waiting for it. Sounds like a fun concept.

Obviously some are better than others. Marshawn Lynch was surprisingly entertaining.

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2022, 12:13 AM
Obviously some are better than others. Marshawn Lynch was surprisingly entertaining.

Just watched the trailer. I’ll be checking this later.

BUSHY
6th February 2022, 08:23 PM
Jack Reacher on Prime- more closely in line with the books and very entertaining.

markTHEblake
6th February 2022, 08:35 PM
Saw the Reacher trailer too. Thought that the character is more suited to be a cunning old short bastard, rather than a humungous unit.