irishamateur
5th December 2011, 09:38 AM
Exciting finish coming up!

Jarro
5th December 2011, 09:39 AM
Sure is :)

sms316
5th December 2011, 09:43 AM
NBC/Golf Channel need Luke Elvy to be their lead commentator.

Jarro
5th December 2011, 09:44 AM
Luke Elvy is a very underrated commentator

sms316
5th December 2011, 09:47 AM
Not by Luke Elvy.

Jarro
5th December 2011, 09:48 AM
All square heading to the 18th tee.

SMS, you just hate Luke Elvy because he thinks McLeod is a good golf course

sms316
5th December 2011, 09:49 AM
He fits in well there, although probably not enough body hair to fit in completely among the members.

sms316
5th December 2011, 10:02 AM
Winner winner, fried chicken dinner!

popper81
5th December 2011, 10:06 AM
He made 2 good putts... Well done to him

3oneday
5th December 2011, 10:09 AM
Does it count ?

dc68
5th December 2011, 10:10 AM
Winner winner, fried chicken dinner!

Don't forget the collard greens.

irishamateur
5th December 2011, 10:13 AM
Woods, Westwood and McIlroy all winning this weekend! Really looking forward to these guys (and Luke Donald) battling it out in 2012

Jarro
5th December 2011, 10:17 AM
I was rooting for Zac

AndyP
5th December 2011, 10:31 AM
Woods, Westwood and McIlroy all winning this weekend! Really looking forward to these guys (and Luke Donald) battling it out in 2012Brad Kennedy will smash them all.

Stuartd147
5th December 2011, 11:54 AM
Great finish...good for golf!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarro
5th December 2011, 11:56 AM
Tiger is still pretty popular with the general golfing public it seems ;)

TheTrueReview
5th December 2011, 11:58 AM
It's been a while ...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/378854_10151031977005121_164825930120_22132049_128 1279466_n.jpg

3oneday
5th December 2011, 12:14 PM
But but but.... 18 man field where he lost in a playoff last year ? Bit like saying our cricket team is back after beating the team only slightly better than the Bangas.

How many of this years PGA Tour winners were in the field ?

Not wishing to be a negative nellie, I just don;t know that it rates.

TheTrueReview
5th December 2011, 12:17 PM
But but but.... 18 man field where he lost in a playoff last year ? Bit like saying our cricket team is back after beating the team only slightly better than the Bangas.

I'm sure it will have an emotional impact on Tiger for non-obvious reasons. Last time he won, he was married and had the picture perfect family. Now the ex-missus is with someone else & who knows where his children reside ...

Flavzz
5th December 2011, 12:36 PM
Still a lot of quality in that field. Great win. Besides it's all about the confidence he will take from it also

irishamateur
5th December 2011, 12:41 PM

Here is the field that he beat:

Nick Watney, Keegan Bradley, Steve Stricker, Jason Day, Bill Haas, Webb Simpson, KJ Choi, Gary Woodland, Bo Van Pelt, Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, Martin Laird, Jim Furyk, Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan, Paul Casey and Zach Johnson

No slouches in there that i can see....

Jarro
5th December 2011, 01:00 PM
By winning he jumps up to number 20 in the world rankings

TheTrueReview
5th December 2011, 01:08 PM

Good point. By the middle of next year, he may not have to worry about being a Captain's pick for the Ryder Cup.

rubin
5th December 2011, 01:12 PM

i didn't think it was a recognised event being an invitational type that it is.....

3oneday
5th December 2011, 01:42 PM

Nick Watney, Keegan Bradley, Steve Stricker, Jason Day, Bill Haas, Webb Simpson, KJ Choi, Gary Woodland, Bo Van Pelt, Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, Martin Laird, Jim Furyk, Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan, Paul Casey and Zach Johnson

No slouches in there that i can see....Not slouches at all, but Paul Casey, Zach Johnson, Martin Laird, Bo ?, Rickie (I can't win on PGA Tour) Fowler, Steve (injured can't play ?) Stricker ? Jim (I've just had my worse season ever) Furyk ?

Not so strong form wise. Anyway, each to their own, I just don't think he beat many form golfers.

meh
5th December 2011, 01:48 PM
Not slouches at all, but Paul Casey, Zach Johnson, Martin Laird, Bo ?, Rickie (I can't win on PGA Tour) Fowler, Steve (injured can't play ?) Stricker ? Jim (I've just had my worse season ever) Furyk ?

Not so strong form wise. Anyway, each to their own, I just don't think he beat many form golfers.

Agree completely. Quite a few handy players were going around in SA. From what I saw he wouldn't have got close to Westwood.

TheNuclearOne
5th December 2011, 03:22 PM
Not slouches at all, but Paul Casey, Zach Johnson, Martin Laird, Bo ?, Rickie (I can't win on PGA Tour) Fowler, Steve (injured can't play ?) Stricker ? Jim (I've just had my worse season ever) Furyk ?

Fair point.

Craig_Syd
5th December 2011, 04:37 PM
It definitely looks like 2012 is going to be better than last year in any case. I just hope he stays healthy and goes back to wearing a decent pair of shoes! Those white jogger types he is wearing are putrid!

meh
5th December 2011, 07:16 PM
It definitely looks like 2012 is going to be better than last year in any case. I just hope he stays healthy and goes back to wearing a decent pair of shoes! Those white jogger types he is wearing are putrid!

Agreed. The tiger-lovers at golfwrx are raving about those shoes :roll:. I guess the fact they have a thread how tiger is wearing new spikes says it all really.

rubin
5th December 2011, 07:22 PM

I read that they are to help alleviate the knee pain etc. They are basically a runner with spikes on the bottom.

I saw the cheap version of them a little while ago, not the most stable of shoes....

timinsa
5th December 2011, 07:36 PM
The fact that there were virtually no Europeans playing doesn't diminish the quality of the field or the difficulty of the track. Look how low the scoring was. You can only beat the field you're put up against. That field accounted for 36% of the wins on the Tour this year.
All the top Euro players are gearing up for Dubai this week.
Just sayin'.

3oneday
5th December 2011, 07:38 PM
That field accounted for 36% of the wins on the Tour this year.
Just sayin'.stats can be fun can't they :) Does that mean 64% of the field were non winners ? :lol:

timinsa
5th December 2011, 07:42 PM
No. It means you can't understand English as it is written. :lol:

fredstar
5th December 2011, 08:01 PM

No slouches in there that i can see....

Bunch of scrubs.

matty
5th December 2011, 10:27 PM
I don't think much of the bloke but dont mind seeing him back in the winners circle. Its good for golf. What I can't stand is the way the commentators speak about him like he's the second coming. The over the top Yankee tiger love pisses me off. Am I in the right thread?!

meh
5th December 2011, 10:39 PM
What he said ^^^