PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from Gympie

2strikes
1st December 2011, 11:23 AM
I like long walks along the beach, swimming, horse riding and really talking about my feelings. Naaah just sh*ting ya. I am a total golf addict since I found the game only 3 yrs ago, I was an aircraft tech in the army and air force so I quikely got into club doctoring. Naturally I'm a club junki and have few friends outside of the internet and club 'çause people start glazing over since all I talk is golf. Eventually they just drift away. Looking fwd to being on this site. :D

Dotty
1st December 2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome.

You can talk to Grunt about the merits of using the 'sticking door catch' sledgehammer on a clogged fuel injector.
:)

BrisVegas
1st December 2011, 11:43 AM
Welcome aboard 2strikes. Gympie is a handy spot for our champs at Pelican, hope to see you there. If you've got an AGU, we play plenty of games through the year. Keep an eye on the 1st tee forum.

sms316
1st December 2011, 11:44 AM
G'day Gymp.

Dcanto
1st December 2011, 03:28 PM
Welcome 2strikes. What happens if you get a third strike?

zacdullard
1st December 2011, 04:29 PM
Hey mate. I used to be a member there until I moved to Brisbane. I played there thismorning, it is looking pretty dry.

Woody502
1st December 2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome 2strikes! all my in laws are from the Gump. I should be playing Gympie, Hervey Bay and Maryborough over Christmas so any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Jarro
1st December 2011, 07:37 PM
Gympie golf course is not a bad track either.

I could think of worse places to play ;)

2strikes
1st December 2011, 11:04 PM
Hi woody, jarro, if you have played here in the last 2 yrs the first thing you'll see is much much better greens. Our new green keepers have been doing a lot of improvements (12mths or so) and we are now seeing the fruition of their hard work under the guidance of John Love. Maryborough never disappoints I'm heading there in the new year, looking forward to it.
Pete

2strikes
1st December 2011, 11:09 PM
Hey mate. I used to be a member there until I moved to Brisbane. I played there thismorning, it is looking pretty dry.
Yeah the fairways are hard and some of the shots from 50 in have to be very well timed. The greens are the best I have seen in years, and are going to improve more yet according to the ground staff. The way things are progressing. I wouldn't be surprised if fairway irrigation will be on the drawing book. Just my opinion. I played this afternoon and got absolutely drowned, that's gotta help.
Pete

zacdullard
2nd December 2011, 03:22 PM
Are you the pete whose cat I use to feed when you went on holidays?

Courty
2nd December 2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome, 2strikes.

What's currently in the bag?

2strikes
4th December 2011, 09:58 AM
No mate , I'm always looking for some one to feed mine. Got fed up so left him with a can and can opener

2strikes
4th December 2011, 10:16 AM

Ok now that Anne read this and said '''hey Peter it's Zac"......Yes it is!!! How are you and what have you been up to? Did the whole family move to Brisbane? Great to find you again... can you still feed my cat? lol

2strikes
4th December 2011, 10:23 AM
Welcome, 2strikes.

What's currently in the bag?

TM Supertri
3 & 5 wood Cleveland lauchers
Carnegie Clark vintage 7 wood / Wilson hybrid
Extreme Irons with spiral wound shafts - 4 to lob wedge
Carnegie Clark Greenmaster putter

zacdullard
4th December 2011, 10:47 AM
I have not been up to much mate. Nah mum stayed in Gympie and I came down for uni. I was back on the weekend to see mum and I hyad a game with Jason. Next time im home we will have to have a game.

2strikes
4th December 2011, 09:25 PM
Welcome 2strikes. What happens if you get a third strike?

Well there are 2 reasons actually, no. 1 If you give me 2 strikes at any ball, one of the will be good. no. 2 I earned myself a short vacation from an American site so I changed my name when I got back on, the Mods agreed it would be a good idea as I had become a target. The guys there eventually clicked but so far things have been fine,so I took up 2strikes to remind me 3 and out. They seem to have a different sense of humour to us, sarcasm and dry humour doesn't translate well into the written word. It was strange though, I'm a member on 3 other sites and have been for years and never had a minutes problem. It was quite a surprise.

2strikes
5th December 2011, 12:07 AM
I have not been up to much mate. Nah mum stayed in Gympie and I came down for uni. I was back on the weekend to see mum and I hyad a game with Jason. Next time im home we will have to have a game.
What day did you and Jason play? Good to here you're at Uni, what are you studying?Love a game mate.