PDA

View Full Version : FREE Golf Scorekeeper Android App

USMate
30th November 2011, 02:41 PM
Hi guys,

I have created a simple golf scorekeeper on a Palm Pilot (remember those) many years ago. I have since converted it to an Android app as I am new to the App writing industry and want to try out my new found skill.

Now that you will start swinging the clubs, take a look at my scorekeeper; it's FREE!. Unfortunately it is only available on Androids as I do not know how to program for Apple.

Here are the specs for the App:

A simple one screen golf score keeper for up to four players who simply want to know their gross and/or net scores (when factoring in the handicaps) at the end of the round and nothing else like wind direction, slope ratings, blah, blah, blah.

It will calculate the score on the front & back nine then add them together for your gross score and subtract your handicap for your net score.

Great for when you forget to grab a scorecard at the clubhouse. The only prep is typing in the name(s) of the golfer(s) on the front nine which will automatically propagate the names to the back nine then simply type in the number of strokes taken per hole; the APP will do the rest.

The App will allow you to type in the par per hole and name of the course you are playing if you like, however that is optional and at your sole discretion to do so as is typing in the handicap.

We made this App as simple as possible for fast play and more golf without the distractions. ALSO! there is VERY,VERY little drain on your battery, unlike the Apps with GPS.

If you find the App helpful, I would appreciate a favorable review.

You can download the app here:

Meazles Golf Scorekeeper (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dreamstep.wGolfScorekeeper&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kc mVhbXN0ZXAud0dvbGZTY29yZWtlZXBlciJd)

Thank you in advance and best regards. :razz:

rodders
30th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Any ads on the App?

BGH
1st December 2011, 09:09 AM
Looking at the pics in the market, there looks to be ads as well as links to his site etc. Pass.

Dazza
1st December 2011, 09:40 AM
I use the Sonocaddie GPS app on my defy, it uses stuff all battery.

USMate
1st December 2011, 09:48 AM
Yes there are ADS but it goes away quickly and out of my control as I do not benefit from the ADS. I used AppGeyser which took my excel spreadsheet from my website and created it into an app.

You will be hard pressed to find any FREE app without an AD.

Because of that I am now working on recreating this app using Basic 4 Android. It will be self contained meaning you do not need an Internet connection to use it plus there will be NO ADS.

It is my intentions to see if the app is useful before continuing.

While we are at it, the other free Apps at my site are totally free of ADS as I created them using AppInventor.

Before you pass on my Golf scorekeeper, I suggest you download it, simulate a round and see if it is something you can use. I assure you the small banner ad is a moot point and you don't even have to click on it as it goes away as soon as you scroll down.

At the end of your round you will be delighted to instantly know your score.

It's OK either way,

Cheers

Lobsta
1st December 2011, 09:50 AM
mScorecard (https://market.android.com/search?q=Mscorecard&so=1&c=apps)

Best free scorecard app I could find. Downloads course cards with the ability of editing downloaded courses or can make your own from scratch. Has the option of using gps distances and hole view if you want, but also the option of completely disabling that if you're playing with wowsers who have problems with phones being used as gps rangefinders (btw, my android has no compass app). does as much or as little as you want it to stats wise. Also has a side games mode with wager tracking for those that like to make things interesting on the course. Handles stableford perfectly taking into account hole handicaps better than some paid apps I've sampled. Handle up to 5 players, really easy to key in scores on the run. Requires free registration, but the few details that i put in haven't resulted in my kidneys being harvested so far.

No adds, and no net connection required if you don't want to. Download a scorecard at home then play the round offline, or even make your own card from scratch at the course if you forget to download before entering the black hole you would have to be playing in to have to play offline.

Lobby

morgy
1st December 2011, 09:01 PM
amazingly my course gives out score cards before each round... FREE.

rodders
1st December 2011, 09:16 PM

Whats the battery life like though? Any ads?

Lobsta
1st December 2011, 09:33 PM

Do they work out stableford automatically and give average scores for each different par hole?

If so, where do you play!?

Dotty
2nd December 2011, 07:53 AM
I get the honour on each tee, because I won't be frigging around keying data into my phone.

ps. Morgy, do you get free pencils also?

USMate
2nd December 2011, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Dotty;729478]I get the honour on each tee, because I won't be frigging around keying data into my phone.

Do you just keep your score in your head? Cool if you do!!

Dotty
2nd December 2011, 12:11 PM
I get the honour on each tee, because I won't be frigging around keying data into my phone.

Do you just keep your score in your head? Cool if you do!!
I forgot the cultural difference.

In Australia, most golf is in club competitions, so a scorecard needs to be entered anyway. Duplicating the effort can't be good for the pace of play.

USMate
2nd December 2011, 01:34 PM
AHHHHH! Now that's good to know.

Cheers!