PDA

View Full Version : Concert Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Cosmopolite
27th November 2011, 01:49 PM
Ok we have the music threads, what pisses you off and what you like, so I thought about time we had a concert one.

Anyone going to the Sydney Resolution Concert on NYE? (yes I know it wont be to most of your tastes, but some may be interested).

Cosmopolite
27th November 2011, 01:49 PM
I am going to see Roger Waters the Wall in Feb in Perth too.

AndyP
27th November 2011, 01:57 PM
I won't be going to Sydney, but I'd love to see Jamiroquai.

Cosmopolite
27th November 2011, 01:59 PM
I won't be going to Sydney, but I'd love to see Jamiroquai.

I will be seeing them, pretty stoked about it too!

Courty
27th November 2011, 02:30 PM
I won't be going to Sydney, but I'd love to see Jamiroquai. +1

Jarro
27th November 2011, 02:34 PM
I'd love to catch RUSH on their Time Machine Tour 8)

kev
27th November 2011, 02:45 PM
If you miss it jarro, I hear you can quickly go back and see it again.

Jarro
27th November 2011, 02:50 PM
If you miss it jarro, I hear you can quickly go back and see it again.

:lol:

smartass ;)

BrisWesty
27th November 2011, 06:15 PM
Going to see Roxette on Valentine's Day with my bride.

AndyP
27th November 2011, 06:53 PM
Going to see Roxette on Valentine's Day with my best mate's bride.

matty
27th November 2011, 08:39 PM
I saw Cold Chisel a week or so ago at Bimbadgen Winery in the Hunter Valley. Best concert I've ever been to. Everyone was pumped.

In 2 days we're seeing Stevie Nicks at the Entertainment Centre. Was a pressie for the wifey. Can't say I'm that excited after I heard about her performance on x-factor or one of those shows. Was horrible by all accounts.

popper81
27th November 2011, 10:48 PM
I won't be going to Sydney, but I'd love to see Jamiroquai. I agree, why are the most talented always the most messed up??

Nut
27th November 2011, 11:57 PM
Going to Foo Fighters, backed by Tenacious D at the gold coast on December 10! Can't wait!

Got excited by the announcement of Black Sabbath's world tour, the real Sabbath with Ozzy, Iomi and the crew back together, alas no Australian dates announced......yet (fingers crossed!!!)

kev
28th November 2011, 04:56 AM
Going to Foo Fighters, backed by Tenacious D at the gold coast on December 10! Can't wait!

Got excited by the announcement of Black Sabbath's world tour, the real Sabbath with Ozzy, Iomi and the crew back together, alas no Australian dates announced......yet (fingers crossed!!!)

Loved the fact that at one of their interviews to announce this, they had their names on the table in front of them. Not sure if it was for them to remember who they are, or the reporters to know who they are.

Jarro
28th November 2011, 07:39 AM
Loved the fact that at one of their interviews to announce this, they had their names on the table in front of them. Not sure if it was for them to remember who they are, or the reporters to know who they are.

Will Ozzy remember any of the lyrics that he wrote back then ??

kev
28th November 2011, 01:24 PM
Will Ozzy remember any of the lyrics that he wrote back then ??

Good point. Will probably be helped by the fans singing whilst they just play.

Bruce Dickinson
29th November 2011, 08:54 AM
Went to the foo fighters last night, they came onstage at 7.50 and walked off at 10.30.

They know how to rock.

timah!
29th November 2011, 10:03 AM
Went to the foo fighters last night, they came onstage at 7.50 and walked off at 10.30.

Is that cos it takes 4min to get through the slow intro to every song?

BroKar
29th November 2011, 10:25 AM
No I would say its because they have that many good songs

AndyP
29th November 2011, 10:33 AM
They have one good song, then they copy and pasted the music sheet across for the rest. ;)

I'm sure the hardcore fans can tell the subtle differences between them.

Bruce Dickinson
29th November 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not a hardcore fan but enjoy their music and appreciated the fact that a rock band could crank out 25 plus songs and put on a great show.

Johnny Canuck
29th November 2011, 11:12 AM
Went to the foo fighters last night, they came onstage at 7.50 and walked off at 10.30.They know how to rock.That is a quality performance.

AndyP
29th November 2011, 11:55 AM
Some concerts are way too short.

Like these guys. 2 hours for so many smash hits? Come on.
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=VISAENTE05#NKOTBSB

bergsey
30th November 2011, 01:10 AM

They know how to rock.

+1 they were awesome.. the rain and the cold wasnt much fun though. Tenacious D rocked as well.

Some numpty rang up a radio station this morning complaining that they just played songs off the new record. Dunno what concert he was at..

Setlist:
Bridge Burning
Rope
The Pretender
My Hero
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Breakout
Cold Day in the Sun (Taylor Hawkins vocal)
Stacked Actors (massive guitar solos went for what seemed like 20min - couldn't remember what song it was!
Walk
Monkey Wrench
These Days
This is a Call
In the Flesh (Pink Floyd cover)
All My Life

Encore:
Wheels (acoustic)
Best Of You (acoustic)
Times Like These (semi-acoustic)
Dear Rosemary
Breakdown (Tom Petty cover with Tenacious D)
Tie Your Mother Down (Queen cover)
Everlong

2manybogeys
30th November 2011, 05:04 PM
I saw Cold Chisel a week or so ago at Bimbadgen Winery in the Hunter Valley. Best concert I've ever been to. Everyone was pumped.

In 2 days we're seeing Stevie Nicks at the Entertainment Centre. Was a pressie for the wifey. Can't say I'm that excited after I heard about her performance on x-factor or one of those shows. Was horrible by all accounts.

How was Stevie ?
I saw her on 23rd in Adelaide - Unbelievable ! She still has it and is the Queen of rock n roll. That X Factor show wasn't right somehow as she was out of this world live. A pleasure to hear real music from a legend.

goughy
2nd December 2011, 04:30 PM
Big fan of the foo. Dave grohl must have made some money over the years, starting life in nirvana and now this. I remember reading an article with him in like 94 when nirvana was still going where he says he was working on a side project called foo fighters.

Jarro
2nd December 2011, 04:46 PM
+1 they were awesome.. the rain and the cold wasnt much fun though. Tenacious D rocked as well.

Some numpty rang up a radio station this morning complaining that they just played songs off the new record. Dunno what concert he was at..

Setlist:
Bridge Burning
Rope
The Pretender
My Hero
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Breakout
Cold Day in the Sun (Taylor Hawkins vocal)
Stacked Actors (massive guitar solos went for what seemed like 20min - couldn't remember what song it was!
Walk
Monkey Wrench
These Days
This is a Call
In the Flesh (Pink Floyd cover)
All My Life

Encore:
Wheels (acoustic)
Best Of You (acoustic)
Times Like These (semi-acoustic)
Dear Rosemary
Breakdown (Tom Petty cover with Tenacious D)
Tie Your Mother Down (Queen cover)
Everlong

That's a pretty impressive setlist 8)

BroKar
2nd December 2011, 04:49 PM
Hope they play I should have known next week on the goldy

Cosmopolite
6th December 2011, 07:13 PM
Sigh.... Going to the Sade concert tonight and the weather has been diabolical in Perth all day. Thunder lightning rain. Nasty nasty weather. Planes stuck on the Tarmac for hours at the airport. Sigh

Flavzz
6th December 2011, 09:41 PM
Saw the Foos last night and they were that good. Even as a long time fan, the great songs are so deep. Really enjoyed the acoustic versions of wheels and best of u. 2.5+ hrs was a huge effort. Started off high energy and stayed that way all night.

The D were good too. Jack black was working the crowd well.

Cosmopolite
7th December 2011, 03:15 AM

Sade - a class act

timinsa
7th December 2011, 07:06 AM
Saw Sade last Saturday here. 3rd row tix definitely worth it. Great show.

Bruce Dickinson
9th December 2011, 03:26 PM
Tickets for Duran Duran purchased and five rows from the front, the missus is very happy

Cosmopolite
31st December 2011, 01:08 PM
nearly time to head off to the NYE concert on the harbour in Sydney. Time to partayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

AndyP
31st December 2011, 02:34 PM
Enjoy, Cosmo.

Cosmopolite
1st January 2012, 12:45 PM
the stage, Pseudo Echo, Guy Sebastian, Pet Shop Boys, Jamiroquai, Culture Club

Courty
1st January 2012, 04:01 PM
Diesel played a set at a free concert at the Cairns Esplanade last night. He still rocks pretty hard!

Cosmopolite
2nd January 2012, 12:26 PM
I reckon if you put a red wig on Boy George, he would look like Juliar Dullard!

AndyP
2nd January 2012, 01:12 PM
You haven't commented on whether the concert was any good, Cosmo.

Cosmopolite
2nd January 2012, 06:24 PM
You haven't commented on whether the concert was any good, Cosmo.

Excellent Andy, loved Pseudo Echo (80s tragic), even Guy Sebastian was quite good. Being a huge PSB fan, I was up on my feet singing all their songs that of course most of them I knew off by heart. I know they are not everyone's taste but they are my favourites and have been for many years, so being able to see them live again was fantastic. Always wanted to see Jamiroquai, so that was an added bonus, espec seeing them do White Knuckle Ride. I was suprised at the following Culture Club had as well and enjoyed them too.

Having a front row seat was the icing on the cake to spend the whole time at the front of the stage with no one in front of you.

The downside was it was a PITA to get to and from the concert (hate public transport) but I survived it and having to pay a kings ransom for food and drink at the venue. I really hate getting ripped off like that. Also, was not allowed to drink full strength drinks before 5pm. WTF? I really get sick of these police/nanny rules at these sort of events. Minority rules for the majority that conform sucks.

TourFit
2nd January 2012, 07:51 PM
Got Duran Duran tix also...not as close as BruceD though!!! He'll be close enough to SEE their wrinkles (except for Nick...he'll need to be standing on a crate to actually see him!)

AndyP
2nd January 2012, 08:42 PM
Sounds awesome, Cosmo. I reckon Guy Sebastian would be good to see. I'm not a fan of his music, but think he is talented and was a fave in the original series of OZ idol. I've got the Pet Shop Boys Best Of, so I don't mind listening to them now and then.

I'm jealous of you seeing Jamiroqaui. How long were the sets of each artist?

Cosmopolite
2nd January 2012, 08:57 PM
Sounds awesome, Cosmo. I reckon Guy Sebastian would be good to see. I'm not a fan of his music, but think he is talented and was a fave in the original series of OZ idol. I've got the Pet Shop Boys Best Of, so I don't mind listening to them now and then.

I'm jealous of you seeing Jamiroqaui. How long were the sets of each artist?

Guy was a bit of a suprise, thought he would be a yawn but he is quite entertaining. Ditto with the not being a fan bit.
Pseudo Echo about 45 mins, Guy about an hour, PSB 90 mins, Jamiroquai over 1.5 hours and Culture Club over an hour. there was a woman singer, Lyndsay someone or other on first as well.

I thought there would be a lot more people there than what there were. I asked a security guard how many attended and she said about 8k. I think they expected more takers but they left the advertising until fairly late in the day.

Cosmopolite
2nd January 2012, 08:58 PM
Got Duran Duran tix also...not as close as BruceD though!!! He'll be close enough to SEE their wrinkles (except for Nick...he'll need to be standing on a crate to actually see him!)

I am envious! would love to see Duran Duran but kinda blew my budget going to the NYE concert.

adlo
2nd January 2012, 09:35 PM
I thought there would be a lot more people there than what there were. I asked a security guard how many attended and she said about 8k. I think they expected more takers but they left the advertising until fairly late in the day.

Fair to say the cost would have put people off. Stupidly expensive.

Johnny Canuck
2nd January 2012, 10:18 PM
How much were they?

adlo
2nd January 2012, 10:49 PM
I think GA was $200ish but the better seats were pushing $400-500.

Cosmopolite
3rd January 2012, 09:58 AM
I think GA was $200ish but the better seats were pushing $400-500.

correct. the VIP tickets were $750 and that got you a seat in a grandstand miles away with drinks and canapes included. waste of $$$ IMHO.

adlo
3rd January 2012, 02:10 PM
And festivals and big concerts like this wonder why they struggle for numbers.

Even a GA ticket pushing $200 is outrageous. For the same price you could have 2 entire days of (good) music at Falls Festival.

MegaWatty
3rd January 2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tasmania-could-lose-falls-festival-without-government-funding/story-e6frfn09-1226235452750

Or not...

adlo
3rd January 2012, 11:15 PM
I was thinking of Falls in Victoria, which sells out more or less every year.

The festival circuit is in for a tough few years. I suspect more than a few will disappear over the next 5 years but I think this will represent getting back to good value for money for the punters.

Just today a friend and I were comparing the BDO line up with years gone past. In Perth, the attendance this year is expected to be 24000, down from the usual 40000. Why? For close to $200, the line up is shit!

goughy
4th January 2012, 09:00 AM
I barely make it to a concert these days. I just can't justify the money I don't have for Clikchic and I to try and go. My only real regrets so far are missing Pink, as now having the dvd I realised I should have gone. U2, when I missed them in the rattle and hum days, but haven't been interested since. Any time the DMB made it here, but I usually didn't know about it. And wouldn't have minded Sade which was a few weeks ago.

I still remember saving up for ever to go see Billy Joel the first time, that was $35. And less than $50 for both Mellencamp concerts I went to. I've seen the Stones which really were the only band I had on a bucket list as such. But I just can't bring myself to the thought of spending like $500 for us to go see someone. I think I've now reached the old fart stage!

idgolfguy
4th January 2012, 09:47 AM
I am the same.
Last year I wanted to take the whole family to see Santana as well as a couple of others.

For the same cost, we could have flown to Bali or Singapore on a special.

Cosmopolite
4th January 2012, 10:16 AM
It is a case of different strokes for different folks - some people would have problems with what some of us spend on golf, others spend heaps on their vehicles, some spend mega bucks on booze (expensive wines etc). The list could go on.

My view is life is short and you may as well enjoy it. Two of my pleasures in life are golf and live concerts. I dont go to every concert available but I try and get to the ones of the artists I really like.

Bruce Dickinson
4th January 2012, 11:50 AM
waiting to see if Van Halen are touring Australia, tickets go on sale January 10 but that looks like a US tour

AndyP
4th January 2012, 11:57 AM
I agree with Cosmo. The experience can be worth more than the money.

Johnny Canuck
4th January 2012, 12:01 PM
I was thinking of Falls in Victoria, which sells out more or less every year.The festival circuit is in for a tough few years. I suspect more than a few will disappear over the next 5 years but I think this will represent getting back to good value for money for the punters.Just today a friend and I were comparing the BDO line up with years gone past. In Perth, the attendance this year is expected to be 24000, down from the usual 40000. Why? For close to $200, the line up is shit!I read an article last month about how they tried to bring Eminem to BDO. They could conceivably offer him $6 mil to headline, whereas he tours on his own and grosses $15mil.

goughy
4th January 2012, 12:35 PM
I agree with Cosmo. The experience can be worth more than the money.

I agree to a degree. Circumstances can affect things. Saw plenty back in my day. Just been a while since my day..... :(

Cosmopolite
4th January 2012, 12:42 PM
I agree to a degree. Circumstances can affect things. Saw plenty back in my day. Just been a while since my day..... :(

absolutely Goughy, I would love to see a few others like Rod Stewart and Icehouse this year, but kinda blew my budget on the NYE concert. I guess I could try to do the 'sit outside and listen' trick. Funnily enough, both times I tried that, we ended up inside the concert - both times by sheer luck. One was the Who and the other kd Lang.

AndyP
4th January 2012, 12:49 PM
Sit outside and listen? I don't think I would ever be tempted to do that.

Cosmopolite
4th January 2012, 12:52 PM
Sit outside and listen? I don't think I would ever be tempted to do that.

as it turns out, both times we got inside to look and listen - for free!

goughy
4th January 2012, 01:21 PM
A stadium I'd consider it. For the stones maybe.

Seen rod stewart. Would have lived to have seen a few of my favourites in their day, but not old enough. And the who, mighty jealous.

Jarro
4th January 2012, 01:28 PM
The Who live in their day would've been sensational 8)

Cosmopolite
4th January 2012, 01:32 PM
The Who were still very good a couple of years ago. Hard to believe they were in their 60s and still going strong.

Jarro
4th January 2012, 01:36 PM
They haven't really been The Who since Keith died though IMO

gazgolf1
4th January 2012, 02:38 PM
I'd like to see Icehouse this year, they are playing at Sirromet winery with Hall and Oates, Noiseworks are touring as well with the A Day on the Green concerts.

goughy
4th January 2012, 04:00 PM
They haven't really been The Who since Keith died though IMO

They weren't the same with kenny jones, but I like them with zak starkey drumming. Many think he was just a thrasher, but moon had some real finesse. But now that entwhistle its gone.....

adlo
4th January 2012, 07:04 PM
The prices for these nostalgic stadium concerts are outrageous. Seeing an artist, in their prime, playing smaller venues for much better prices is far more enjoyable IMO.

David Bowie and Sting are two "nostalgia" gigs I enjoyed with the oldies, but otherwise a lot of these artists/bands are well past their prime and have very little to offer apart from a trip down memory lane.

Jarro
5th January 2012, 07:12 AM
They weren't the same with kenny jones, but I like them with zak starkey drumming. Many think he was just a thrasher, but moon had some real finesse. But now that entwhistle its gone.....

goughy, have you seen the 1989 live concerts with the full band ... featuring Simon Philips on drums ? Amazing !! :shock: Philips was made to take over from Keith Moon ..... all the power is still there, with just a little more precision ;)

On this tour they also performed the whole Tommy rock opera .... i have a VHS copy of it here somewhere .... and it's awesome. Check it out if you can find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMR8SNsDtls&feature=related

mike
5th January 2012, 08:43 AM
I moved north in '86 and unfortunately not many big acts come to Cairns.
Before the move ( I was in my early 20s ) I saw Cold Chisel, Angels, Dragon, Moody Blues, Springsteen, Dire Straits 4 times, Goldrush (with a young Phil and Tommy Emmanuelle) Daryl Braithwaite, Midnight Oil, Simon and Garfunkel and the Swingers.
Fun times.

goughy
5th January 2012, 09:30 AM
goughy, have you seen the 1989 live concerts with the full band ... featuring Simon Philips on drums ? Amazing !! :shock: Philips was made to take over from Keith Moon ..... all the power is still there, with just a little more precision ;)

On this tour they also performed the whole Tommy rock opera .... i have a VHS copy of it here somewhere .... and it's awesome. Check it out if you can find it.

I had that taped off tv until the video wore out. But I've bought it on dvd, has the full tommy concert, the full concert afterwards of their other songs, and includes quadraphrenia as well. I also have them live in 2000 with zak starkey drumming (suits them even more than phillips) and I also have another concert from '79 or '80 I think, not long before moon died. But I can't find it, think my dads borrowed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV3D70Mn25o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2kgsVmd4bE&feature=related

Bruce Dickinson
5th January 2012, 11:20 AM
The prices for these nostalgic stadium concerts are outrageous. Seeing an artist, in their prime, playing smaller venues for much better prices is far more enjoyable IMO.

David Bowie and Sting are two "nostalgia" gigs I enjoyed with the oldies, but otherwise a lot of these artists/bands are well past their prime and have very little to offer apart from a trip down memory lane.
feedback on the nostalgia tours seen (that I can remember)
Def Leppard (x2) - excellent both times
Duran Duran - saw them at the V Festival and they were very, very good
Iron Maiden (x5) - what can I say, metal gods who still leave younger bands for dead
Spandau Ballet - one of the best gigs I've ever been to
AC/DC - saw them at Subiaco Oval and was underwhelmed
U2 - saw them at Etihad with the missus, she's a much bigger fan than me
Tony Hadley/Go West - great value at $69 in a great venue (Astor Theatre)
The Police - superb
David Bowie - superb
Van Halen - with Gary Cherone on vocals, hands down the worst concert I've ever been to. Not a good start when Alex Van Halen comes out in a neck brace
ELO - top 3 gigs seen

Cosmopolite
28th January 2012, 10:53 PM
Pics from Roger Waters and The Wall, Perth 27 Jan 2012
The Wall
Fireworks
Roger Waters
One of my fave pics of the wall
and the wall came down!
Pigs do fly!

Cosmopolite
14th March 2012, 03:07 AM
yippee just got half price tix to Duran Duran at Sandalford. The seated tickets were the same price as the general admission, so naturally went for the seats (although they are crappy plastic kindergarten type seats).

It's on my birthday too! happy dayz

idgolfguy
14th March 2012, 08:14 AM
Great score

TourFit
14th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Going already too...have had GA tix for a few months.

I went to Sting in the seated chairs and they were just terrible, to be honest. Not very comfortable at all. When it started, people would stand up and then EVERYONE had to stand up. Just wasn't enough room between rows to ever be comfortable. I vowed NEVER to spend the extra coin to upgrade to them from GA at Sandalford...

...then again, for the same $$$ as GA I would definately consider it!

Bruce Dickinson
14th March 2012, 02:54 PM
We are in row E in block A2, five rows from the front. Based on what happened for the same sort of seats for Spandau Ballet, no one will be sitting

TourFit
14th March 2012, 02:57 PM
5 rows from the front row at Duran Duran BD...welcome back to the '80s!

(Although the patrons are a little less spritely now I would guess...as the guys on the stage also will be. JT looks well used these days!)

Bruce Dickinson
14th March 2012, 03:29 PM
5 rows from the front row at Duran Duran BD...welcome back to the '80s!

(Although the patrons are a little less spritely now I would guess...as the guys on the stage also will be. JT looks well used these days!)
my missus loves them, she's flying to Melbourne on Monday with a friend to see them there as well. I saw them at the V festival about three years ago and they were very good

AndyP
14th March 2012, 03:38 PM
I'm sure the artists love it when you sit for their songs and give a golf clap when the song is finished. ;)

Bruce Dickinson
14th March 2012, 03:49 PM
I'll be standing

TR66
14th March 2012, 05:06 PM
With an Iron Maiden Killers T-shirt on no less?

Bruce Dickinson
14th March 2012, 06:35 PM
With an Iron Maiden Killers T-shirt on no less?
I do have a vintage killers tour t shirt from 1981, that may be the go :D

TourFit
14th March 2012, 07:50 PM
T-Shirt from the 1983-4 'Sing Blue Silver' Tour (Arena)...

...might have to get the missus to wear it though, somehow I seem to be bigger than I was when I was 15!

(Don't ya hate that?)

Cosmopolite
14th March 2012, 09:12 PM
B7 row F, seats 13 & 14

TR66
15th March 2012, 11:47 AM
I do have a vintage killers tour t shirt from 1981, that may be the go :D

Anything with Eddie on rocks!

AndyP
18th April 2012, 08:42 PM
One Direction are touring September 2013 and tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks. Buying tickets for a concert 18 months in advance just seems ridiculous to me. Has anyone got concert tickets this far in advance?

Ticketek meltdown guaranteed.

Ronny
18th April 2012, 08:44 PM
Black Keys are touring in October! Not sure of exact dates but will be checking out Ticketek tonight

sms316
18th April 2012, 08:47 PM
One Direction are touring September 2013 and tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks. Buying tickets for a concert 18 months in advance just seems ridiculous to me. Has anyone got concert tickets this far in advance?Ticketek meltdown guaranteed. Wouldn't the target audience for One Direction be going through puberty by then?

AndyP
18th April 2012, 08:50 PM
Good point. Their music tastes may very well change in that time. It could be a ploy to squeeze in a few albums in that time to work off the ticket buyer's hype.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 08:57 PM
Prince is coming soon

AndyP
18th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Prince is coming soonSpeaking of Ticketek meltdowns....

jaybam
18th April 2012, 09:07 PM
Come on Andy i know you will be there. is your era and all. He would kick roxette s ass

AndyP
18th April 2012, 09:22 PM
It's possible.

Eldrick
18th April 2012, 10:06 PM
One Direction are touring September 2013 and tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks. Buying tickets for a concert 18 months in advance just seems ridiculous to me. Has anyone got concert tickets this far in advance?

Ticketek meltdown guaranteed.
They know no one will give a toss in 12 months. Need to lock them in now before buyers remorse kicks in

popper81
18th April 2012, 11:00 PM
They know no one will give a toss in 12 months. Need to lock them in now before buyers remorse kicks in Exactly right...... Not a bad move by their management company. You can't milk the cow once it is dead.

Johnny Canuck
19th April 2012, 12:32 AM
Atmosphere in Perth on May. Happy days are here again.

Johnny Canuck
19th April 2012, 12:40 AM
I love my phone

AndyP
22nd July 2012, 08:30 PM
Nickelback in November.

http://www.news.com.au/news/nickelback-announces-aussie-tour/story-fnejlvvj-1226432108643

What is the biggest rock that you think you could smuggle in and be able to throw accurately?

goughy
22nd July 2012, 08:32 PM
The dreaded request in our band, 'play some nickleback'

Cosmopolite
22nd July 2012, 08:42 PM
off to see Icehouse in August and Simple minds/models/The Church and DEVO in december.

Ashes
22nd July 2012, 08:48 PM
Icehouse would be great. Picked up Man of Colours on vinyl not long ago, sounds brilliant.

AndyP
22nd July 2012, 08:48 PM
The dreaded request in our band, 'play some nickleback'"What the hell is on Joey's head?"

Cosmopolite
22nd July 2012, 08:50 PM
Nickelback in November.

http://www.news.com.au/news/nickelback-announces-aussie-tour/story-fnejlvvj-1226432108643

What is the biggest rock that you think you could smuggle in and be able to throw accurately?

would be like torture going to that gig

gazgolf1
22nd July 2012, 08:50 PM
off to see Icehouse in August and Simple minds/models/The Church and DEVO in december.

Keen to see these bands as well, Simple Minds will be awesome.

Cosmopolite
22nd July 2012, 08:58 PM
Keen to see these bands as well, Simple Minds will be awesome.

saw them 6 yrs ago and they were awesome

kev
23rd July 2012, 12:13 PM
Village People 35th Anniversary Tour!

http://www.eventfinder.com.au/tour/2012/village-people-australian-tour

kpac
23rd July 2012, 12:35 PM
Weezer in January.... huh, didn't think i'd see them back here - 2013.... nearly 20 years on...

goughy
29th July 2012, 08:23 AM

They know how to rock.

Some concerts are way too short.

Been reading in the news lately that people have been paying 180euro up for madonna tickets for what turned out to be a 45 minute show. Barely 10 songs. Plenty of unhappy campers over there. An hour and a half is the minimum I would accept, 2 hours should be standard, above that is great value.

MegaWatty
7th November 2012, 02:15 AM
Just saw The Living End play The Living End album from start to finish. **** it was so good. The douche bags that were juiced up after Melbourne Cup were unbearable though.

Lagerlover
7th November 2012, 05:48 AM
Just saw The Living End play The Living End album from start to finish. **** it was so good. The douche bags that were juiced up after Melbourne Cup were unbearable though.

A few years ago they supported ACDC, brilliant.
I remember the night well, didn't get my full hearing back until lunchtime the next day.

popper81
7th November 2012, 10:44 AM
Just saw The Living End play The Living End album from start to finish. **** it was so good. The douche bags that were juiced up after Melbourne Cup were unbearable though. Would have been awesome.

sol381
7th November 2012, 10:48 AM
anyone going to see sabbath when they tour next year.

BenM
7th November 2012, 11:09 AM
Would have been awesome.

Totally jealous.

I saw them live a few years ago with AC/DC and they were good - but not good enough, being an open air gig and only a support act, AC/DC blasted them off the stage.

Desperately want to see them again. Unfortunately the two times they've come down here (that I know of) we've been out of town... crappy timing.

Lagerlover
7th November 2012, 11:20 AM
Would have been 9 years ago at Boondall for me.
The energy they showed, easily complimented the main bill.
Huge call I know... ACCA the best show on earth.

MegaWatty
7th November 2012, 11:49 AM
They still have that energy.

I was in a pub with about 500 others and the sound was awesome.

It was pretty weird hearing them play Prisoner Of Society first up but it actually set the crowd off early and set the scene for the whole night.

The string of gigs they are doing have a different album each night. You choose the album you want to go and see.

popper81
7th November 2012, 02:44 PM
I think you have seen the pick of the albums Mega.

I have seen them plenty, but as LL mentioned, I was lucky enough to see them at boondall, supporting ACDC. That was a great gig.

Nut
7th November 2012, 07:41 PM
Bought gold reserve tickets to Sabbath when they tour in April next year! Original line up with Ozzy and Iommie! Can't wait!

damoocow
7th November 2012, 09:40 PM
Bought gold reserve tickets to Sabbath when they tour in April next year! Original line up with Ozzy and Iommie! Can't wait!

Are they the $160 presale ones?
Still thinking about it - if only Bill Ward was coming too - just won't be the same....

BenM
7th November 2012, 09:57 PM
Would have been 9 years ago at Boondall for me.
The energy they showed, easily complimented the main bill.
Huge call I know... ACCA the best show on earth.

It was at NATEX in Canberra for me, probably same tour.

adlo
7th November 2012, 11:45 PM
I am getting pretty excited for the Radiohead show in Melbourne next week.

Cosmopolite
7th November 2012, 11:50 PM
how were the Black Keys Adlo?

adlo
8th November 2012, 12:01 AM
Really good thanks Cosmo. Not the ideal venue but unavoidable. They rock so damn hard.

Eagerly awaiting the West Coast Blues'n'Roots line up. A few great names on the Byron Bluesfest bill. Robert Plant, Wilco, Ben Harper, The Frames plus a million others. Here's hoping we get Robert Plant to the West Coast.

Cosmopolite
8th November 2012, 12:19 AM
Really good thanks Cosmo. Not the ideal venue but unavoidable. They rock so damn hard.

Eagerly awaiting the West Coast Blues'n'Roots line up. A few great names on the Byron Bluesfest bill. Robert Plant, Wilco, Ben Harper, The Frames plus a million others. Here's hoping we get Robert Plant to the West Coast.

I wondered how you went as I know you are not a fan of stadium type gigs.

When is the WC B&R on?

There are so many gigs and not enough $$$ to go around :(

adlo
8th November 2012, 12:25 AM
Prince was the first stadium I had been to in years and radiohead will make it two for two at rod laver this year but sometimes you just have to make the sacrifice :-p

Rockit was like any outdoor festival. But it was pretty chilled.

WC B&R will be late march I think? Yes, this is time of year for spending $$ on gigs. Perth Int arts fest lineup is out tomorrow and that always costs me a packet. George Clinton and Parliament just announced a march show which I'd love to see and Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings are playing early Jan and that's just off the top of my head. Sheet.

TourFit
8th November 2012, 12:34 AM
No wonder you've given up golf...

adlo
8th November 2012, 12:40 AM
At least my hearing is on the improve. Stadium gigs are much better for the ears than a day on the course with some WAnkers.

TourFit
8th November 2012, 12:44 AM
I know...some of them are just terrible aren't they? ;)

Nut
9th November 2012, 07:38 PM
Are they the $160 presale ones?
Still thinking about it - if only Bill Ward was coming too - just won't be the same....

Yeah mate very true but I think it's as good as we are ever going to get with Ozzy and Iommie together. Yes they are the $160 tickets.

Ashes
9th November 2012, 08:41 PM
Black Sabbath tix secured :)

meh
14th November 2012, 08:43 PM
I am getting pretty excited for the Radiohead show in Melbourne next week.

Saw them on Monday night in Sydney. Was absolutely amazing.

TourFit
14th November 2012, 11:24 PM
I went to the new Perth Arena on Sun. INXS were awesome (and then announced it was their last ever live gig), and Matchbox Twenty were also very, very good. Rob Thomas' voice was really strong and the band are very talented muso's. You come to realise how many 'hits' they have had when you listen to the set.

adlo
14th November 2012, 11:57 PM
Absolute wash out gig 'fit but how were the floor burgers at the new arena? Less soiled presumably?

TourFit
15th November 2012, 12:09 AM
Absolute wash out gig 'fit

Anybody with any other criticisms?

MegaWatty
15th November 2012, 12:21 AM
How was the sound in the arena mate?

TourFit
15th November 2012, 12:32 AM
For INXS and MB20 it was pretty good...it was pretty crap for Elton though (don't ask!).

I think being brand new, that they might take some time to get it setup right. I noticed that the speaker stack placement on the rigging for Sunday was a LOT different to Saturday, so that may have quite a bit to do with it. I had a walk around at the Elton show and the sound was great lower down and straight in front. Higher on the sides was nowhere near as good.

MegaWatty
15th November 2012, 12:44 AM
Selling pies?

TourFit
15th November 2012, 12:45 AM
:roll:

MegaWatty
15th November 2012, 01:04 AM
Really?

Cosmopolite
16th November 2012, 12:49 PM
Kiss tickets purchased (yay for presale). be interesting to see how the new arena is. I hated the accoustics of the Dome so hopefully this will be less barn-like

Chris32
16th November 2012, 01:21 PM
Kiss and Motley Crue at the Clipsal 500 next year. Will be good to see, along with the other 20,000 fuel up bogans!

Ben Folds Five tonight at Thebby Theartre

Nut
16th November 2012, 10:04 PM
Not a concert but..... Zeppelin live at O2 arena album released today. I would have given my first born child to have been there!

BrettM
22nd November 2012, 07:05 AM
Saw Coldplay last night at Suncorp Stadium. We don't have any of their albums but thought they would put on a good show so went along. They were fantastic and was surprising how many of the songs we recognised. Chris Martin is a great frontman. Well worth seeing.

MegaWatty
2nd December 2012, 02:15 AM
I bet you slept well that night.

mike
2nd December 2012, 11:30 AM
Watty, am I guessing you're not a fan?

MegaWatty
2nd December 2012, 12:14 PM
Correct. Them and them alone could put the prescription sleeping pill industry out of business.

TourFit
2nd December 2012, 06:32 PM
I like Coldplay A LOT...they are one of those bands that are actually better live than they are on CD.

So pissed they didn't come to Perth, after all we just built a brand new state-of-the-art Arena for them!!!

hocko
2nd December 2012, 06:35 PM
Correct. Them and them alone could put the prescription sleeping pill industry out of business.

+1, absolute garbage overrated "musicians"

Golfnut
2nd December 2012, 06:44 PM
I like Coldplay A LOT...they are one of those bands that are actually better live than they are on CD.So pissed they didn't come to Perth, after all we just built a brand new state-of-the-art Arena for them!!! +1...my wife loves them and was really spewin they didnt come out west.....got the 2012 concert ready to watch when I get time to sit down and watch it one evening.

MegaWatty
2nd December 2012, 07:15 PM
+1...my wife loves them and was really spewin they didnt come out west.....got the 2012 concert ready to watch when I get time to sit down and watch it one evening when I can't sleep.

Zzzzzz.....

Ashes
2nd December 2012, 07:23 PM
+1...my wife loves them and was really spewin they didnt come out west.....got the 2012 concert ready to watch when I get time to sit down and watch it one evening.

Your wife loves them so you have to too?!?! :)

Webster
2nd December 2012, 07:27 PM
Coldplay suck balls. Each others balls. Woeful.

BrettM
2nd December 2012, 07:37 PM
Dickheads, it's about the show and not so much the music. Kind of like the 40+ year old Thai women doing their ping pong ball routine.

Golfnut
2nd December 2012, 07:59 PM
Your wife loves them so you have to too?!?! :) I'm probably a bigger fan than she is even though she introduced me to their music many moons ago....it's actually not that uncommon that a husband and wife have some similar interests, God forbid.

Ashes
2nd December 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm probably a bigger fan than she is even though she introduced me to their music many moons ago....it's actually not that uncommon that a husband and wife have some similar interests, God forbid.

My wife hid in the toilets and cried at the last concert I took her too. Death metal will do that tho I guess.. :)

mike
2nd December 2012, 08:12 PM
+1, absolute garbage overrated "musicians"Chris Martin an overrated musician? Shirley you cannot be serious.

Webster
2nd December 2012, 08:14 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/10/23/224e8fbe-3f67-4d3c-af7e-bc752572ea06.jpg

Eag's
2nd December 2012, 08:24 PM
Was at this concert this morning....very proud, son only been playing a few months.

http://youtu.be/inOtKkRoB3A

Good stuff Rich.

mike
2nd December 2012, 08:32 PM
Was at this concert this morning....very proud, son only been playing a few months.

http://youtu.be/inOtKkRoB3AVery good indeed. What a natural.

mike
2nd December 2012, 08:38 PM
ROBTTH, best album ever. No wait, third best album ever.

TourFit
2nd December 2012, 10:11 PM

http://youtu.be/inOtKkRoB3A

Yep...a good job by the young fella, considering he's only been playin' 7 months.

TourFit
2nd December 2012, 10:12 PM
....it's actually not that uncommon that a husband and wife have some similar interests, God forbid.

I was hoping that my wife would share an interest in rooting. Apparently not!

Ashes
2nd December 2012, 10:20 PM
I was hoping that my wife would share an interest in rooting. Apparently not! Does she have any interest in eating off the floor??

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2012, 12:44 AM
Correct. Them and them alone could put the prescription sleeping pill industry out of business. They are no "birds of Tokyo" are they?

idgolfguy
3rd December 2012, 12:57 AM
Coldplay...pretty much sums up their music!

Golfnut
3rd December 2012, 01:39 AM
Does she have any interest in eating off the floor?? I think that's how they met! 'twas love at first floor burger bite.

TourFit
3rd December 2012, 11:25 AM
Give her the nickname "Harvey Norman"....no interest for 24 months.

That's good, but look out, MegaMod will be on your case!

Cosmopolite
4th December 2012, 10:33 PM
Devo yeah!

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 01:58 PM
The motley crue gig tonight with some other band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zHNcSwx71w

sol381
28th February 2013, 03:18 PM
yeah worth seeing just for crue..theyll blow kiss away i think....saw them in the early 90s in brissie and my ears are still ringing.. by far the loudest concert ive heard...think they might turn the volume down since they are getting a bit older.

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 03:27 PM
yeah worth seeing just for crue..theyll blow kiss away i think....saw them in the early 90s in brissie and my ears are still ringing.. by far the loudest concert ive heard...think they might turn the volume down since they are getting a bit older.
got the ear plugs ready, my ears will ring for a week otherwise. I'm hoping that Kiss are better than there piss poor effort in 96.

Thin Lizzy should be good as well

sol381
28th February 2013, 03:37 PM
yeah not sure about seeing a band with no original members in it...with phil lynott and gary moore gone the band shouldnt exist.. just my opinion tho. havent heard ricky warwick sing yet so it might be ok.

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 03:52 PM
yeah not sure about seeing a band with no original members in it...with phil lynott and gary moore gone the band shouldnt exist.. just my opinion tho. havent heard ricky warwick sing yet so it might be ok.
scott gorham on guitar and brian downey on drums are originals. I'll be happy to get one opportunity to hear Thin Lizzy songs live.

This looks like the last tour under the Thin Lizzy banner

Jarro
28th February 2013, 03:54 PM
Motley Crew !! :shock:

I never knew they were still going ?

sol381
28th February 2013, 03:55 PM
well its a decent line up even tho kiss is only half the band they were too.. hope you have fun.

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 04:08 PM
Motley Crew !! :shock:

I never knew they were still going ?
a diet of cocaine, alcohol and other vices has kept them in good health

WBennett
28th February 2013, 04:14 PM
Aerosmith at ANZ Stadium 27 February 2013

For the first time in 24 years, the best-selling American rock band of all time, Aerosmith, is returning to Australia and will hit ANZ Stadium for one show only on Sunday 28 April.
The show will be the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers only Sydney performance and will form part of the band’s highly-anticipated 2013 world tour.
A stellar line-up of special guests, including Wolfmother, Grinspoon, Spiderbait, The Dead Daisies, Kingswood and Diva Demolition will also feature in the not-to-be-missed Sydney show.

golfbound
28th February 2013, 04:15 PM
Im goin to Bruce Springsteen in 2 weeks time i reckon this will be his last concert lol

Jarro
28th February 2013, 04:17 PM
Aerosmith at ANZ Stadium

27 February 2013

For the first time in 24 years, the best-selling American rock band of all time, Aerosmith, is returning to Australia and will hit ANZ Stadium for one show only on Sunday 28 April.
The show will be the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers only Sydney performance and will form part of the band’s highly-anticipated 2013 world tour.
A stellar line-up of special guests, including Wolfmother, Grinspoon, Spiderbait, The Dead Daisies, Kingswood and Diva Demolition will also feature in the not-to-be-missed Sydney show.

I hope they're better now than they were last time !!

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.showbiz.com.au/showlogos/news/imgs/stone-banner-600x240.jpg (http://news.qantasboxoffice.com.au/rp/1132/process.clsp?t=224A58F881734402ECBE577B0CBB1B280B9 0509AD40B8B359AA4C6C04A01C4B07)

Really want see Van Halen with Diamond Dave but its an expensive weekend with airfares and accommodation. Its a pretty good line up for both days

Ashes
28th February 2013, 04:30 PM
got the ear plugs ready, my ears will ring for a week otherwise.

Hope you have a decent set. I bought some Etymotics years ago and it makes such a difference to the sound. Prevents the ringing ears without muffling but also makes the sound clearer.

Listening to a concert with no plugs or those cheap foam ones, compared to these, is like comparing the sound of a small iPod dock to an expensive hifi.

Pretty good value starting from $29!

muldude
28th February 2013, 04:47 PM
Im goin to Bruce Springsteen in 2 weeks time i reckon this will be his last concert lol

Us too, looking forward to seeing the Boss, should be a cracker.

Jarro
28th February 2013, 04:51 PM
http://www.showbiz.com.au/showlogos/news/imgs/stone-banner-600x240.jpg (http://news.qantasboxoffice.com.au/rp/1132/process.clsp?t=224A58F881734402ECBE577B0CBB1B280B9 0509AD40B8B359AA4C6C04A01C4B07)

Really want see Van Halen with Diamond Dave but its an expensive weekend with airfares and accommodation. Its a pretty good line up for both days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOWTwqasbY

golfbound
28th February 2013, 04:59 PM
Us too, looking forward to seeing the Boss, should be a cracker.

You going to the brissy one 2

Cosmopolite
28th February 2013, 05:17 PM
KISS tonight. Oh and Motley Crue

muldude
28th February 2013, 05:21 PM
You going to the brissy one 2

ooops, nope the Melbourne one 24th march, the young fella talked us into it which surprised me he wanted to go, he is in a hard rock band and is 23 years old.

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOWTwqasbY
quality work Jarro, I'm still scarred from seeing VH with Gary Cherone, only gig I've ever walked out of

edit - Diamond Dave looks like a cabaret singer during Hot for Teacher, not quite Bruce like for stage presence

Jarro
28th February 2013, 05:52 PM
Diamond Dave has really lost it :(

sol381
28th February 2013, 05:54 PM
pretty clever giving fans cameras to shoot the gig at multiple vantage points.. a few bands have done that and has a nice raw feel to it...very cheap to do as well.

Bruce Dickinson
28th February 2013, 05:59 PM
Diamond Dave has really lost it :(
it appears so, almost makes my mind up not to fly to Sydney. The microphone set up makes him look like he's taking drive through orders at McDonalds

BrettM
28th February 2013, 05:59 PM
Aerosmith at ANZ Stadium

27 February 2013

Stellar pricing as well for the Brisbane show with the pre-release. Cheapest seats start at over $160, cheapest floor standing is over $240 then up to $1200. All I want to see is Joe Perry play live, but not at those prices.

sol381
28th February 2013, 06:03 PM
lol..yeah he looks ridiculous.. a frontman needs a mic stand..looks like hed fit in with one direction...thats just boy band rubbish.

it appears so, almost makes my mind up not to fly to Sydney. The microphone set up makes him look like he's taking drive through orders at McDonalds

Cosmopolite
1st March 2013, 04:26 AM
Genie
Tommy Lee drumming upside down
Gene and Tommy playing over the mosh pit

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2013, 10:06 AM
How was the KISS/Crüe/Lizzy concert? Was saddened to miss it.

BD, a mate of mine is the biggest VH fan. He saw them a few years back in Canada, when Dave first returned. He said it was painful to watch him. His movement consisted of the odd leg kick, at nowhere near the height he used to achieve and that was it.

Jarro
1st March 2013, 10:11 AM
How was the KISS/Crüe/Lizzy concert? Was saddened to miss it.

BD, a mate of mine is the biggest VH fan. He saw them a few years back in Canada, when Dave first returned. He said it was painful to watch him. His movement consisted of the odd leg kick, at nowhere near the height he used to achieve and that was it.

That's why i have no desire to see VH live.

DLR was an awesome frontman in the day ..... not the best singer around, but good enough to suit VH's songs.

Now that he merely walks around the stage, with a headset mike on, i have no interest in seeing them.

Bruce Dickinson
1st March 2013, 10:20 AM
great show last night
Thin Lizzy - only saw the last 25 minutes but very good, the singer sounds a bit like Phil Lynott without being a clone and Scott Gorham has still got it on guitar. Would be happy to just go and watch them if they were doing their own gigs

Motley Crue- as the song says, they're still kicking ass. Tommy Lee is epic on drums and Vince Neil was better than I though he would be. Good 1.15 set, they should tour as a headline act

Kiss - I'm not a huge fan but the diehards would love it. Sounded a lot better than when I saw them in 96, that's a lot to do with Perth Arena and new drummer/guitar player. I know the Kiss Army love Paul Stanley, but his voice when talking to the crowd was like George Constanza's mum

All in all a very good show and worth the $180

Cosmopolite
1st March 2013, 12:47 PM
Yup great concert. Tommy lee blew me away when he played the drums upside down. Thought Kiss weren't quite on their best note but were still good. First time at the arena for me and it is a great improvement on the Dome.

goughy
28th April 2013, 08:34 AM
Dare I say, we were given tickets to see Bryan Adams last night. We certainly expected it to be a good show, but were surprised how fantastic it was, especially Rob. Not feeling great, she wasn't expecting to have a good time but had a ball. You can certainly see that the core of his band have been together for many many years, as the interplay between them was a highlight.

GuyIncognito
28th April 2013, 12:12 PM
Saw Black Sabbath last night, have listened to them for 15 years and to be honest wasn't expecting too much as they're into their 60's now but they were quite sharp. Ozzy doesn't have long left in his journey I wouldn't think but Geezer/Tony were excellent.

Nut
30th April 2013, 10:38 PM
+1

Sabbath were impressively good. We weren't expecting much but they honestly sounded pretty close to their former glory. Ozzy shuffled around and looked like an idiot but he hit almost all the high notes. Seems like getting back on the gear might be the best thing he ever did (for his music anyway). He was well off on Faeries Wear Boots and Ironman though.

Ashes
30th April 2013, 10:41 PM
Going to Sabbath on Friday. Heaven and Hell (what they started calling the Dio version of Sabbath) were awesome a few years ago so expectations are huge. Shame Bill Ward isn't playin this time round.

goughy
9th May 2013, 07:26 PM
Looks like my next one is gonna be Taylor Swift. The things you'll do for your daughter :eek:

Jarro
9th May 2013, 08:33 PM
Going to Sabbath on Friday. Heaven and Hell (what they started calling the Dio version of Sabbath) were awesome a few years ago so expectations are huge. Shame Bill Ward isn't playin this time round.

I doubt i could go and see Sabbath without Bill Ward.

goughy
17th May 2013, 08:24 AM
Looks like my next one is gonna be Taylor Swift. The things you'll do for your daughter :eek:

Woo hoo, guy Sebastian has been announced as her support act for the tour. I couldn't be more excited

mike
14th October 2013, 12:27 AM
Saw the Wolfe Brothers last night. Apparently they won or were runner up in Australia's Got Talent last year. I hadn't heard of them until two weeks ago.

One of THE best live bands I've ever seen. All brilliant musicians in their own right, the lead player and drummer in particular. Insane talent.

Go see them if they're performing in your area.

Daves
14th October 2013, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmFsuDF6YHo

shazza_rs
18th December 2013, 12:26 AM
Saw Bon Jovi tonight. A solid 3 hr performance. It was pretty awesome.

dc68
18th December 2013, 12:59 AM
They sounded ok from outside in the bus.

goughy
18th December 2013, 06:28 AM

Saw their New Jersey tour, forced to chaperon my sister, still one of the better shows I've seen. Great they offered better value for money than most.

Hatchman
18th December 2013, 01:29 PM

A mate from work saw them last week and said it was shite.

Johnny Canuck
18th December 2013, 01:34 PM
Just picked up tickets for one of the Eddie Vedder solo shows in Feb. should be fantastic after reading the reviews of his last solo tour.

Mububban
18th December 2013, 02:33 PM

Did you and your daughter enjoy it? Apparently she put on a pretty good show.

Haven't been to a concert in years, I miss live music :( Last one I think we saw was Coldplay.

sol381
18th December 2013, 02:49 PM
saw them at suncorp last time they were here because the wife wanted to go and tickets were just $50…you're mate was right..waste of $50…just my opinion tho.

A mate from work saw them last week and said it was shite.

Eldrick
18th December 2013, 03:23 PM
Just picked up tickets for one of the Eddie Vedder solo shows in Feb. should be fantastic after reading the reviews of his last solo tour.

is it just his Ukulele music?

Johnny Canuck
18th December 2013, 06:31 PM
is it just his Ukulele music?

No. He does PJ, his solo and covers.

AlexMc
25th January 2014, 12:40 PM
Anyone see Kurt Vile during the week in Sydney? Saw him Wednesday - phenomenal.

PeteyD
25th January 2014, 08:29 PM
Not really a concert but took the Mrs to Rocky Horror for her birthday. Was a great night.

goughy
26th January 2014, 07:47 AM
Who's in this one?

PeteyD
26th January 2014, 07:57 AM
Cast

M (http://rockyhorror.com.au/cast/)cLachlan was very good. They all were.

Daves
26th January 2014, 08:20 AM
We have tickets for the March Day on the Green at Sirromet; Jimmy Barnes, Ian Moss, Richard Clapton, Boom Crash Opera, The Angels and Daryl Braithwaite. About 8 hours of 70s/80s nostalgia.

goughy
26th January 2014, 01:15 PM
Cast

M (http://rockyhorror.com.au/cast/)cLachlan was very good. They all were.

Trying to remember the cast when I saw it. Think it was Marcus graham as frankenfurter, red symonds as narrator and Wilbur wilde as Eddie.

solarbear
26th January 2014, 04:19 PM
I appreciate that some people have been fans of bands like Black Sabbath etc for a long time, but I wish they'd retire with a shred of dignity.

goughy
26th January 2014, 06:05 PM
Can't afford to. Snorted all their money....

KristianJ
14th April 2014, 07:24 PM
Dave Matthews Band tomorrow night at the Entertainment Centre. Gonna be a late one...

goughy
14th April 2014, 08:09 PM
Ya prick! I mean that in the nicest possible way. Didn't even know they were here and I follow them on fb.

jimandr
14th April 2014, 10:33 PM
Ya prick! I mean that in the nicest possible way. Didn't even know they were here and I follow them on fb.

DMB are playing twice at Bluesfest at Byron Bay next weekend, Saturday and Monday. I can't make Saturday, and none of the other good bands are playing Monday. I still might go if there is no rain forecast. Apparently Bluesfest is hopeless if it rains.

AlexMc
15th April 2014, 06:48 PM
Given it rains at Bluesy every year, it is still alright. Haven't been to the new location at Tyagarah though...

Cosmopolite
15th April 2014, 10:15 PM
Went to see Boz Scaggs last night in Perth. he was pretty good. Darryl Braithwaite was the support act

KristianJ
16th April 2014, 11:20 PM
Jim, if you don't mind the post-2008 DMB sound, I would heartily suggest you go. Solid 2 and a half hours.

Last night was fantastic. Front right on the railing at the Entertainment Centre...a night I'll remember for a long time (especially meeting Dave after the show with a few friends who waited outside the back stage door for about an hour afterwards).

A couple of well written reviews:

http://www.theaureview.com/reviews/sydney/dave-matthews-band-gary-clark-jr-qantas-credit-union-arena-15-04-14
https://au.launch.yahoo.com/features/article/-/22686425/dave-matthews-band-sydney-show/

KristianJ
16th April 2014, 11:25 PM
Oh, and it's unfortunate that their opening act (Gary Clark Jr) is playing at the same time on a different stage on the Monday. Bloody outstanding blues guitarist.

MegaWatty
23rd April 2014, 11:27 PM
Michael Franti @ The Tivoli tonight. Still here. I have NEVER experienced anything like it before. Wow.

And the venue.....

Cosmopolite
20th May 2014, 09:14 AM
Just got an email that Queen are playing in August. Not quite the same without Freddy but think I will go.
AndyP did you see Roxette are coming next February?

AndyP
20th May 2014, 09:42 AM
AndyP did you see Roxette are coming next February?I did, but I think I over indulged on Roxette last time, and now I'm still suffering from the hangover. It was good fun though.

AlexMc
27th May 2014, 06:38 PM
Pixies at the Opera House. Phenomenal. Miss Kim Deal though - Gigantic is my fave track...

Buzz
27th May 2014, 06:50 PM
Roxette are coming back ???

AndyP
27th May 2014, 07:07 PM
Roxette are coming back ???
They were here early last year, I think it was. Sorry to hear that you missed out.

BenM
27th May 2014, 07:12 PM
I did, but I think I over indulged on Roxette last time, and now I'm still suffering from the hangover. It was good fun though.

It must have been love, but it's over now.

AndyP
27th May 2014, 07:16 PM
At the time, it was a real joyride, but over the past year the enjoyment of their music has been fading like a flower.

BenM
27th May 2014, 07:20 PM
At the time, it was a real joyride, but over the past year the enjoyment of their music has been fading like a flower.

Hah. Yeah I bet it was real sugar. Were you dressed for success?

spanner039
27th May 2014, 07:22 PM
Pixies at the Opera House. Phenomenal. Miss Kim Deal though - Gigantic is my fave track...

And us in melbourne miss out, would have been great, I really should have gone.

Still on a downer that The Cure didnt bother coming here last year, really should have gone to that as well.

AndyP
27th May 2014, 08:02 PM
Hah. Yeah I bet it was real sugar. Were you dressed for success?
I definitely had the look.

Courty
27th May 2014, 08:35 PM
So Spud, tell us about this One Direction thing?

WBennett
27th May 2014, 08:47 PM
Oh **** oh **** oh ****.

1d play Sydney when Vic Champs are on.
This could be disasterous.

AlexMc
27th May 2014, 09:17 PM
And us in melbourne miss out, would have been great, I really should have gone.Still on a downer that The Cure didnt bother coming here last year, really should have gone to that as well. I don't think they were as good as they were in 2007 (V Festival) or 2010 (Doolittle), but they appeared to be having more fun on stage. Frank and Kim really must hate each other...Cost a bomb in flights and accommodation... But to sing along to 'Hey' at the Opera House was totally worth it.

Buzz
28th May 2014, 09:26 AM
I definitely had the look. Hoping the next one will be held on a June Afternoon.

AndyP
28th May 2014, 03:09 PM
Hoping the next one will be held on a June Afternoon.It's possible, but what are the chances of that? It would be almost unreal, Buzz; we could dance away the perfect day.

Buzz
28th May 2014, 03:55 PM
Could be a little bit dangerous however

BenM
28th May 2014, 05:16 PM
Could be a little bit dangerous however

Nah. Can't think of a better way of spending my time.

AlexMc
8th December 2014, 10:02 PM
Went to a little festival at Forbes on the weekend called Vanfest - Chet Faker, Matt Corby, Allday, British India were all pretty good. Chet Faker was about as pretentious as you would expect. Matt Corby was surprisingly good. Allday ruled.

But the weekend before I saw Kingswood at a pub in Dubbo - ruled. Absolutely fantastic live.

goughy
11th December 2014, 02:35 PM
My last concert was Taylor Swift. Guess what my next concert will be. Yay.