PDA

View Full Version : Veeman vs Tourfit MP champ 2011

veeman
22nd November 2011, 01:10 AM
Fit come on let get this done.
Were do you want to play?... by the time we decide it will be Xmas.

Yossarian
22nd November 2011, 09:57 AM
Marri Park!

Johnny Canuck
22nd November 2011, 10:24 AM
Somewhere with a good snack bar.

idgolfguy
22nd November 2011, 10:28 AM
Bayswater Public

TourFit
22nd November 2011, 11:33 AM
It'll most likely have to be a Sunday morning (or lunchtime) Vee...but it would be nice to get a 'group thing' going (no homo!). I'm sure that some other WAnkers would be up for a 2 group tee off?

It'd just be a case of finding a suitable venue...anywhere except The Cut, that is!

Veefore
22nd November 2011, 08:08 PM
If it's somewhere interesting (that doesn't require an "official" golflink handicap to play) and my back is playing nice that weekend I may even come out of retirement for a game.

veeman
22nd November 2011, 10:35 PM
It'll most likely have to be a Sunday morning (or lunchtime) Vee...but it would be nice to get a 'group thing' going (no homo!). I'm sure that some other WAnkers would be up for a 2 group tee off?

It'd just be a case of finding a suitable venue...anywhere except The Cut, that is!

It would be nice to get a group going.

I am easy.. I don't care were we play ... I will leave the course up to you

The vines would be good again :D or Fremantle, Gosnells, Melville, Karrinyup, Wannaroo or we can go public Collier park, Whale back, Hillview, Burswood, Armadale, Glen Iris, Wemberly
its your choice.

Yossarian
28th November 2011, 10:11 PM

TourFit
29th November 2011, 12:26 AM
Anticipation is half the fun...(so I'm told)

Yossarian
3rd December 2011, 08:07 PM
I hope golf is the winner.

simmsy
4th December 2011, 07:45 AM
I just hope this happens soon.....
Does Veeman win if no game takes place? He has said anywhere anytime, Fit ask him to play on Wednesday.

veeman
5th December 2011, 12:05 AM
I just hope this happens soon.....
Does Veeman win if no game takes place? He has said anywhere anytime, Fit ask him to play on Wednesday.

No Problem Sickeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Just let me know were and when

Yossarian
8th December 2011, 09:40 PM
So....

Shadesy
8th December 2011, 10:00 PM
This at the cut yet?

Yossarian
13th December 2011, 08:57 PM
This being played this year yet?

MegaWatty
13th December 2011, 09:45 PM
It was decided on the weekend that last years champs will play this next Friday should nothing be arranged.

Hartfield seems a fairly neutral venue. JC, what time can you make it?

simmsy
13th December 2011, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a fair idea. This years finalists are all but out of time.

I cant figure out why its so hard to get one game of golf arranged between only 2 people.

TourFit
14th December 2011, 12:07 AM
Is that the same reason we played the 2012 Champs in 2011...just to get ahead?

As far as I was led to believe, Veeman & I have until Dec 31st. And none of the other rounds in the MP went to time either.

Jealousy that you're no longer in the Comp doesn't mean that it can be sabotaged.

Yossarian
14th December 2011, 12:09 AM
I played all my matches on time.

TourFit
14th December 2011, 12:18 AM
Now see if you can extend that 'run of form' to paying up on time...

I wasn't naming names or being specific about the earlier rounds BTW, but some went over the limit.

simmsy
14th December 2011, 12:29 AM
Fit maybe if u and V actually got together and made a plan this wouldn't be happening.

It's quiet simple u call V tomorrow and ask when he can play between now and dec31.

Good thing is, i look like making the 2012 MP into the actual year.

veeman
14th December 2011, 12:57 AM
Good course fit see you then

Yossarian
14th December 2011, 07:09 PM
I wasn't naming names or being specific about the earlier rounds BTW, but some went over the limit.

Sorry this...

And none of the other rounds in the MP went to time either.

Jealousy that you're no longer in the Comp doesn't mean that it can be sabotaged.

...confused me.

Now see if you can extend that 'run of form' to paying up on time...
I could always pay on time, but try and help you out with cash.

Any updates on this matchplay?

AndyP
14th December 2011, 07:20 PM
Go MegaWatty!

TourFit
15th December 2011, 11:44 AM
Any updates on this matchplay?

No. Sorry.

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2011, 12:11 PM
Lock this thread!

TourFit
15th December 2011, 01:25 PM
Why...it hasn't been played yet.

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly.

veeman
15th December 2011, 02:37 PM
But it soon will beeeeeeeeeeeeee

TourFit
15th December 2011, 03:34 PM
The sticking point has been OMS, I've been 'on call' for him the last 2 weeks :D

simmsy has some shafts that arrived today too...:roll:

simmsy
15th December 2011, 04:17 PM
how many shafts do you have spare lying around?? i'm using the 3 shafts that i've just had purchased. i'll be up tomorrow mid morning.

i need a blue stitchback gripmaster putter grip too.

TourFit
15th December 2011, 04:22 PM
how many shafts do you have spare lying around?? i'm using the 3 shafts that i've just had purchased. i'll be up tomorrow mid morning.

i need a blue stitchback gripmaster putter grip too.

Powercoil 50 R / Powercoil 65 R / Miyazaki 43 R...all spare and lyin' around.

Sheesh, I'll have to order the GripMaster for you (or was I supposed to already?). Might check up at ML if they have one, otherwise I might have to wait until there are a few grips in the order.

Nuffie
15th December 2011, 07:22 PM
Fit just declined the chance to complete this match on Christmas eve around The Vines - Ellenbrook.

AND no comment from Veeman.

Looks like all efforts to get this final happening have sunk - quicker than a hungry duck (Fit) chasing a double-qtr pounder.

idgolfguy
15th December 2011, 11:13 PM
It could be like the old Eastwood movie 'Any Which Way You Can.' The two champs who are mates go and duke it out in some private, out of the way course. Away from all the chaff and wannabe champs.

MegaWatty
16th December 2011, 02:31 AM
It could be like the old Eastwood movie 'Any Which Way You Can.' The two champs who are mates go and duke it out in some private, out of the way course. Away from all the chaff and wannabe champs. Basically what JC and I did last year.

idgolfguy
16th December 2011, 08:08 AM
Yup, focus on the game. Neither of them have been drawn to comment.

MegaWatty
16th December 2011, 08:21 AM
Yup, focus on the game. Neither of them have been drawn to comment. We all noticed. But I don't think it's a tactic. :)

Johnny Canuck
16th December 2011, 08:24 AM
Basically what JC and I did last year.And we will be doing again in 8 hours.

idgolfguy
16th December 2011, 09:53 AM
Unsanctioned I believe.

MegaWatty
16th December 2011, 09:57 AM
I am the sanctioning body. ;)

TourFit
16th December 2011, 03:23 PM
I am the sanctioning body. ;)

Well...then we need to call your Governing Body to sanction your behaviour.

Are you sure you don't work for FIFA?

Yossarian
16th December 2011, 03:30 PM
Any updates on this?

TourFit
16th December 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega is abusing his 'power'...:)

Or why don't you ask them how their Champs game is going?

Veefore
16th December 2011, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't the other semi-finalists play in the finalists place?
Shouldn't this match have Yoss in it?

GO YOSS!

Yossarian
16th December 2011, 04:03 PM
Good point I'll arrange a game with Dazgolfa and I... haha!

idgolfguy
16th December 2011, 04:15 PM
Bystander excuse for a game. Only way MW could justify a Friday game.

TourFit
16th December 2011, 04:33 PM
Only way Mega gets to play in a 'Final' this year...even if it is only in his mind!

TourFit
18th December 2011, 10:35 PM
Well...thanks for the game today Tony. Enjoyed it.

And thanks for the company too, Greg.

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 10:37 PM
Seriously?

TourFit
18th December 2011, 10:39 PM
Done & Dusted.

Seriously!

Mods...Lock this thread now please :-s

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 10:47 PM
Result then?

Thanks for the invite.

TourFit
18th December 2011, 10:50 PM
Result then?

Thanks for the invite.

Yes, there was a result.

UR Welcome.

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 10:51 PM
What was the result?

Any details at all?

A write up pending?

Johnny Canuck
18th December 2011, 10:53 PM
What was the result?Any details at all? A write up pending?The result was double dq. Final this Friday.

adlo
18th December 2011, 11:03 PM
Tourfit must have lost. If he had won there would have been a 3 page post detailing his outfit, his good shots, his bad shots, his highlights of conversation, his lowlights of conversation, his pill of choice, how the course compared to Carnoustie.... and so forth.

rubin
18th December 2011, 11:04 PM
Agree with adlo. Im picking v won 4 and 3. Course - the vines?

TourFit
18th December 2011, 11:14 PM
Any details at all?

A write up pending?

Nope

The result was double dq. Final this Friday.

Sorry to disappoint you...

Tourfit must have lost. If he had won there would have been a 3 page post detailing his outfit, his good shots, his bad shots, his highlights of conversation, his lowlights of conversation, his pill of choice, how the course compared to Carnoustie.... and so forth.

Is that so?

Agree with adlo. Im picking v won 4 and 3. Course - the vines?

Course correct. Well played.

rubin
18th December 2011, 11:16 PM
So - winner?

TourFit
18th December 2011, 11:18 PM
Yes, there was a winner and a loser.

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 11:25 PM
So you are denying the people of Ozgolf the result of the Ozgolf WA matchplay?

EDIT

Will you deny us our CHAMPION?

rubin
18th December 2011, 11:28 PM
Seriously, if u played the game, the result needs to be advised, otherwise it doesnt count.

No need to be childish now fit.

veeman
18th December 2011, 11:46 PM
Well...thanks for the game today Tony. Enjoyed it.

And thanks for the company too, Greg.

Well played fit... your iron play was very good and a pleasure to watch....enjoyed the day...
Thanks v4 for Caddying also enjoyed you company as usual

Thanks for organizing

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 11:51 PM
Who won veeman?

Veefore
19th December 2011, 12:33 AM
Congratulations...

I know you two wanted to play your match alone, not in a group so thanks VM and TF for letting me come along for the walk.

There was some impressive golf out there today, especially your iron play 'Fit and your putting Veeman. There were some awesome saves out there too. The chip in on three for a birdie was fantastic TF, I really didn't think you were going to be able to get it close from behind the mound, let alone in the hole.

It's great to see a match where the winner played really well, not the loser played poorly.

It was great to see ID again as well.

Come on, you've got to let them know eventually, especially if you want your merit bar! :)

Yossarian
19th December 2011, 08:01 AM
Congrats to whoever won the under 7's ozgolf matchplay.

I guess when fit said we'd do a big day for the final at the last matchplay at the vines he was only joking.

AndyP
19th December 2011, 08:21 AM
I guess when fit said we'd do a big day for the final at the last matchplay at the vines he was only joking.And now it is a joke.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the real final later in the week.

Pieface
19th December 2011, 08:39 AM
Way to start your reign as the Collingwood of Ozgolf matchplay 'fit.

Details man dammit

TourFit
19th December 2011, 10:04 AM
I find it slightly amusing the reaction on the lack of info...after the previously childish behaviour! Veeman & I 'were' kind of planning on getting a group, or a few groups, together for the final. But in the end time constraints, the time of year and both our reactions to what went on in here, led us both to arrange and play it by ourselves.

BTW, I won...3 & 2 in the end, but had the chance to win it on 13!

I turned 4 up then won 10. Halved 11 and 12. Had a birdie putt that just stopped at the edge of the hole on 13 that would have finished it.

Vee then won 14 with a spectacular recovery with his hybrid from 203m to 6ft (after skying his 3W about 100m) and I, needing two putts for the half from 35ft, blasted the first putt downwind and then missed the little 5ft downhill slider! Woops.

I then hooked my 3W into the boonge on 15 (lost) and eventually conceded when it was obvious I wasn't going to par or bogey the hole...

Vee hit a safe iron on 16 and left a LONG tricky putt from about 50ft. I decided that the yardgage was good and hit a 6 iron straight at the flag (which was right behind the bunker, on the base of the greens' cross ridge ). Ended up 12 ft or so behind the pin and again missed the birdie chance but tapped in for the half after Tony's great 1st putt left him a tiddler.

I felt pretty comfortable all day, and was stoked with how well I hit my irons. I found it tough to get the speed of the greens, which were true, but pretty slow. I didn't make too many putts, and if I had it may have been over a bit sooner.

Veeman's won his first hole on 14...when Dormy 5. So I was feeling pretty confident by that point.

But it was a nice day and thanks go to Vic for the booking to save us some $$$, and for making the effort to walk out and follow us for a few holes. As we all know, that's the kinda guy he is. Tony and Greg were good company as I mentioned earlier. Thanks guys.

Mods: Merit Bar please.

Pieface
19th December 2011, 10:33 AM
I called a back nine choke but it looks like you did enough good work on the front TF.

Congrats mate. It must feel great to be in some form.

Hard luck V-man you played some killer golf on your way to the final from what I recall.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 12:12 PM
I called a back nine choke

Congrats mate. It must feel great to be in some form.

You wouldn't have been the only one, I'm sure...:-s

And thanks. It does feel good NOT to be hitting it like a muppet.

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 01:44 PM
Fantastic work TourFit. I'll admit I am very suprised by this result - as I know Veeman really loves that course and has played well there before in pennants finals, etc and enjoys the greens.

Sounds like your iron shots were really on the money yesterday and that you still left a few makeable putts out there. What a performance.

Well played mate. Thats an amazing form turn-around in 5 weeks since we played at The Cut in Nov.

I understand now why the match was arranged in a small group of players. With time of year constraints and trying to organise a whole group of WAnkers would have been impossible so close to Christmas. I threw next week out there as a chance, but IDGG had it all worked out as I'm still away.

So good on you TourFit, sounds like it was a very well deserved win. 5 up after 10 holes is very good going against a player of Veeman's quality 8-).

TourFit
19th December 2011, 02:09 PM
Ta. Believe me, I left PLENTY of putts out there...6 & 7 were makeable for Par & Birdie, and may well have turned 6 up!

I know YOU didn't pick me Nuff ;). Thank God you didn't though, I like my sleep.

5.30am...WTF? Seriously?

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2011, 02:20 PM
Will this victory be celebrated sitting at a table with Cosmo, swirling red wine, listening to Peter Gabriel?

TourFit
19th December 2011, 02:27 PM
No...why?

MegaWatty
19th December 2011, 02:28 PM
At least I got knocked out by the eventual winner!

Congrats TourFit.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks.

rubin
19th December 2011, 02:31 PM
well done Fit.

BTW those other ferrules arrived today, so i'll drop by about lunch time or so tomorrow to drop the off and grab that hybrid. good for you?

TourFit
19th December 2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks...& yep, that's OK.

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2011, 02:55 PM
Good work Fitty. I told you that you'd take him.

veeman
19th December 2011, 03:06 PM
Good work Fitty. I told you that you'd take him.

At least I beat you JC that is as good as winning..... Fits Iron play was too good..... my putting kept me in the game

Thanks Nuffie for the text at 5.30am

Hey fit next time let me share the cart with you I am stuffed today :lol:

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 03:10 PM
I know YOU didn't pick me Nuff ;). Thank God you didn't though, I like my sleep.

5.30am...WTF? Seriously?

That's a result of my poor organisational skills. Should have messaged him whilst at camp the evening before, not when I was on the bus to site and about to lose phone reception for the next 12 hours.

BTW, JC would love the putt putt course at Spinnifex Camp. Next trip up here I'm bringing the glowsticks. Next swing up here is skins putt-putt putt-off!

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2011, 03:22 PM
At least I beat you JC that is as good as winning..... Fits Iron play was too good..... my putting kept me in the game Thanks Nuffie for the text at 5.30amHey fit next time let me share the cart with you I am stuffed today :lol: Nothing against you T, I just thought Fit was due.Nuff, speaking of mini golf, you still owe me.$7.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 03:34 PM
OK...here's a bit more of a match report for you guys (if you're interested?)

Lakes 18.... Veeman off 8. Me off 10. Shots on 5 & 17.

1 ) Veeman put the pressure on from shot 1. Driver straight up the middle, just level with the end of the left bunkers. I hit 3W up the guts also. We both missed the green, I kicked off left, and Vee went long. Both failed to get up & down after both missing 5-6 footers. HALVED in 5's.

2 ) Veeman again hit driver, and cut it too much. Ran wide right and blocked himself out a little. I hit a solid 3W down the left side of the fairway. Vee made a good recovery shot into the grassy swale to the front left of the green. I hit a full PW from 115m to about 8ft or so. Vee failed to get his first flop shot out of the swale and then did so with his 2nd attempt. He then missed his putt. I had two putts for a win and so he conceded. TF 1up.

3 ) I hit 5W on the Par 5 to give me the widest landing area and flushed it. Straight into the bunker I was attempting to avoid! Vee also hit the bunker with his driver (although further up the length). I then hit 5W again from a good lie and with no lip. Pulled it left into the scrub line and a bare lie about 100m short. Vee hit an iron and then a solid approach to the back half of the green. My third was another slight pull left, but kicked off the mounding on the side of the green. I had an uphill lie and a mound in front of me and then straight downhill to the flag. I would have been happy with anywhere inside 8ft...but chipped it in for a birdie. That left Veeman with about 40ft for the half, which went close but ran 6ft past. TF 2up.

4 ) Pin was front right (easiest placement) and about 162m. I hit a solid 6 iron about 20ft just right and slightly short. Vee was close by but just off. His first putt came up a bit short, and I missed my birdie chance. His 2nd putt was solid as a rock for a 3. HALVED in 3's.

5 ) 3 Wood for me but over cut it and thought I would be dead. Veeman hit driver down the left and was a little too far left. He had to chip out and advanced it about 50m. I found mine on the right edge of the FW and a little further up than I thought. Lucky. Had 175m to a pin right in the centre of the green (right behind the big swale). I had to hit a big cut to get to the flag, but instead played for the left side. Again, I over cut it and put it in the swale. Vee hit his third to the left side with a solid iron shot (where I was hoping to be). I hit a PW into the slope, trying to kill it and trickle it over the hill. Too hard and went past by 12-14ft. Missed the par putt, as did Veeman. I won due to the shot he had to give me!!! TF 3up.

6) I hit driver for the 1st time...fade over the right hand bunkers. Right side 'rough', but lie was fine. Vee hit a good solid drive up the middle. He then topped it about 80m with his iron. I took 5W, trying to fly the uphill bunkers on the left and get the downslope, but hit it fat and into the bunkers! Veeman's third went left over the hill and short left of the green. My third was a good 7 iron from the trp that landed pin high but kicked over the right hand edge of the green. Another tough up & down with downhill all the way to the cup! Veeman chunked his 4th just short and then chipped a beauty to a foot. I hit an OK flop to about 8 feet and had the chance to win the hole but missed the slider for a par. HALVED in 6's.

7 ) 171m. I hit another solid 6 iron, right on the flag that landed and kicked left to about 12 feet. Vee's shot came up short of the green on an upslope. His chip landed about a foot short of where he wanted it and left him a tricky 6ft putt for a 3. I had the birdie putt again for a win, but it just slid past. Veeman then easily canned his par putt. HALVED in 3's.

8 ) I hit 3W, attempting to go over the bunkers on the inside of the dogleg. Hit a high, hooky one into the far left bunker. Vee just caught the lip of the last right hand bunker. He was blocked out by the big tree and laid up. I hit the face of the steep pot and also came up short in 2. Veeman hit a very nice approach to the pin on the back left ledge, whilst my pitch came up short. I missed the par putt and took bogey. Tony missed his par putt also. HALVED in 4's.

9 ) Another solid 3W off the tee down the left side of the fairway for me, and Tony pulled his driver into the edge of the trees. He pitched it forward from an awkward stance/lie. I tried to hit a knockdown 9 iron, into the wind, to a back left pin, but it kicked off the ridge in the green down to the middle section. Vee's 3rd landed just short of the front left bunker and he chipped up to about 5 feet behind the hole. I rushed my uphill/downhill breaking putt about 5 ft past. Tony calmly holed the 5ft straight down the slope for a 5, but I managed to hole my uphill par putt. TF 4up.

Veefore
19th December 2011, 03:58 PM
Nothing against you T, I just thought Fit was due.Nuff, speaking of mini golf, you still owe me.$7.

The way 'Fit was hitting his irons he was due. At least 6 I reckon inside 10ft. Tony was just "off" all day. A single bad shot or awkward lie was enough on a few holes to cost him the shot and the win. 5 putts dead in the centre and short on the slow (but true) greens didn't help either.

And since 'Fit has posted up the back nine yet, let me be the first to say HOSELROCKET!

idgolfguy
19th December 2011, 04:00 PM
Ha! Had to be at least one.

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 04:18 PM
Nuff, speaking of mini golf, you still owe me.$7.

Sorry aboot dat Sorrocks. Who could forget that insane display of putt putt at Bunbury?

Will you be venturing in an Ellenbrook direction for any trips, anytime during the next few weeks? Maybe we should organise that family day that ID was harping on a few weeks back. Vic and I can host guests in the BBQ and pool areas at the Vines. Its an awesome place to relax, drink and eat.

I've been meaning to also arrange a hit around The Vines with a few of the Hartfield lads and catch up with some ppl for Christmas over some cold ones. I can sort the $$$ out then, or PM me your bank details and I'll send it this afternoon.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 04:23 PM
The way 'Fit was hitting his irons he was due. At least 6 I reckon inside 10ft. Tony was just "off" all day. A single bad shot or awkward lie was enough on a few holes to cost him the shot and the win. 5 putts dead in the centre and short on the slow (but true) greens didn't help either.

And since 'Fit has posted up the back nine yet, let me be the first to say HOSELROCKET!

Ha! Had to be at least one.

Actually, there were 2.

Veefore mentioned the word on the 10th when Tony did it. I did it for my 2nd on 12...although it was a downhill, hanging lie in rough. So hardly surprising. Luckily for me I did'nt catch quite as much neck and so it didn't end up as bad as his!

Pieface
19th December 2011, 04:25 PM
Dirty S'ocks will want the cash today Nuff! Don't make him send around the "Bois"

TourFit
19th December 2011, 04:27 PM
Nuff...Sore-rocks driving from his place to Ellenbrook for $7 makes about as much sense as you wishing Veeman well via text at 5.30am!!!

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2011, 04:28 PM
It's all good nuff. We'll have a hit over Xmas.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 04:37 PM
It's all good nuff. We'll have a hit over Xmas.

'tis the season for giving. Good job.

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 04:49 PM
Nuff...Sore-rocks driving from his place to Ellenbrook for $7 makes about as much sense as you wishing Veeman well via text at 5.30am!!!

Haha... THAT comment's worth paying even more the 'snake season' one.

The drive will be worth it for the facilities and the guest deals :)

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2011, 04:53 PM
'tis the season for giving. Good job. The only giving is an interest free period.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 05:39 PM
So you'd play with Nuff...but you just won't have any interest? :lol:

TourFit
19th December 2011, 06:31 PM
OK...Pt2 of the match report!

10 ) I hit driver (had been contemplating 3W) and hit it right, and it bounced down into the hazard (never used to be a hazard BTW!). Veeman hit a nice drive again and was down the left side. I decided that the risk of playing back to the fairway was too much, considering the lie and overhanging branches, so I took a penalty drop. Veeman hit his approach to the top of the hill and pulled it slightly, just short and left of the fairway pots. I hit a nice 6 iron which went over the hill and must've kicked slightly right. I had a good lie in some fluffy rough which left me 99m into the wind. Tony then did the hoselrocket from 140 or so, which shot over the right hand greenside bunker, bounced off the cart path and into some scrubby lie under a big tree. I hit what I thought was a great PW, right on line, only to find it was a bit of a flyer and so ended up 35ft behind the pin. Tony's first chip from wide right came up short of the green, then he chipped on and ran 8-10ft by. He'd been holing these ALL day, so I assumed he would continue. I lagged it up from 35ft to within a foot and Veeman, unusually, missed his putt! TF 5up.

11 ) I pulled driver into the wind over the shortish left bunker and down into a bare sandy patch just shy of the thick scrub! A bit lucky. Veeman hit his best drive of the day. Over the little hill and just right of the left hand bunker. I got to my ball and had no real shot. I pitched out with a 7 iron and expected to see it emerge in the centre of the fairway, only for it to be caught up in the thick rough at the base of the paperbark on the left FW (at the base of the hill past the left pot). I thought I had no shot again. Tony hit a solid iron to the left centre of the green, with the pin in the front. I had 125 or so into the wind and a slight uphill lie from some thickish rough. Hit a good 8 iron (probably the best iron I hit all day) to about 10 ft or so. Vee made a good solid two putt from 40ft or so, and I managed to hole out for a half! HALVED in 4's.

12 ) Again, I hit driver and flared it right. Over the right hand pots and left it on a hanging, downhill lie in the kike rough. Tony pulled his driver into the left pot. His 2nd was fat, and went to the front section of the same pot. I hit 'my shank' to the right of the greenside bunkers, and he pitched out some 30m short of the green. I was left with another tricky flop shot, over a bunker & downhill all the way to the hole, which was front left. I managed to leave it on the underside of the hole and leaving an uphill putt. Tony hit an exquisite chip to about 8" short. I then had about a 10 ft putt for par, but hit my worst putt for the day. Left it about 2ft short and left to right. Vee (correctly) made me putt it and was almost justified when it just dropped in the right hand side after diving straight right after impact (a lot of slope). HALVED in 5's.

13 ) ANOTHER 6 iron. I hit so many during the round. Pin was at the back, on the rear ledge. Got it good and solid and it just went left slightly on the breeze. About 12-14ft, and on the correct tier. Veeman came up a bit short at the front of the green. His first putt, from about 50ft+ and a LOT uphill came up some 8ft or so short and I thought I was in with a chance. I hit a good putt on exactly the line I read and left it sitting right next to the left edge. A safe three though & ultimately no damage done. As usual Vee banged it straight in the centre for a very good 2 putt from where he was, and kept the match alive. (That dude can putt!) HALVED in 3's & DORMY 5.

14) I just decided to play safe, downwind, taking the right bunker out of play, and hit 3 iron just short of the ridge in the fairway. Exactly where I wanted it to be. Tony skied his 3W and got it about 100-120m down the middle. His next shot was probably the best shot of the day. Hybrid from 205m or so, that landed on the left side of the sunken central portion of the green and funnelled right down to the flag. About 8-10ft I'd say! I hit an 8 iron and came up a little short, but in the middle section also. I had a slight rush of blood on the straight downwind putt (about 35ft) and put it by 5-6ft. Tony missed birdie, so I had the nasty little downhill slider for a half and win 5&4. Missed on the LOW side (too low...way too low!). DORMY 4.

15 ) Again, Veeman hit his drive well, down the left side and toward the 2 bunkers. I took 3W downwind, and hit my worst shot of the day. A big, high ropey hook into the boonge (where still it lies). My provisional went exactly where I wanted the 1st one to be. Veeman hit a very solid iron into the tough front pin which ended up 20ft or so past but leaving an uphill putt. I hit my 9 iron fat (short) and failed to chip in from the front of the green. Conceded. DORMY 3.

16 ) I think Vee was playing for the fade (?) but it didn't move much and was in the centre portion of the left of the green. The pin was about 170m, right behind the front bunker, at the base of the slope. I just went for it with 6 iron (surprise, surprise). Again, I was pretty happy and it landed just behind the hole and rolled out to about 12-15ft. Again, Tony hit a great long range putt down the slope to a couple of feet and again, I missed my birdie putt. But it was close enough to ensure the half. TF 3 & 2.

At that point, we had caught up to a few groups in front who'd been holding us up for most of the back 9. There was a group on 17 tee, a group in the FW, another on the green and another on 18 tee. It would've taken an hour to play 17 & 18, so we didn't bother! Went for a drink instead (much better).

Yossarian
19th December 2011, 07:01 PM
Congrats fit, unlucky vee.

Although I am sure veeman and all of us are a little relieved that the nuffie adulation can stop now. That is if he can remove his nose from veemans arsecrack.

Cosmopolite
19th December 2011, 07:14 PM
Will this victory be celebrated sitting at a table with Cosmo, swirling red wine, listening to Peter Gabriel?

Please explain

Yossarian
19th December 2011, 07:17 PM
They are all very adult things to do cosmo. Boys don't talk to girls.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 07:57 PM
Cosmo, just JC poking some fun, as usual.

Don't take ANY notice of him. Unfortunately though, it won't make him go away! :neutral:

Jarro
19th December 2011, 08:01 PM
Nice work Mr Adidas.

What was the outfit worn for the match ??

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 09:02 PM
Congrats fit, unlucky vee. Although I am sure veeman and all of us are a little relieved that the nuffie adulation can stop now. That is if he can remove his nose from veemans arsecrack.Hasn't everyone worked out yet that Nuffie has a place for everyone? Not just Veeman this month or JC another month for arguments sake. Every ozgolfer has their moment(s) to shine, their chance(s) to show what they are truly made of, or not and in this event - go down swinging with their hearts on their sleeves, being gracious in defeat. We have all won and lost at a multitude of things, in numerous stages of our lives and not only whilst spending time, playing this amazing game. I call it ozgolf R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

Veefore
19th December 2011, 09:08 PM
Nice work Mr Adidas.

What was the outfit worn for the match ??

Adidas hat, adidas shirt, adidas shoes, adidas jocks, adidas socks, but some other brand of shorts. We were SHOCKED!

TourFit
19th December 2011, 09:10 PM
Not really, Jarro.

There is an Adidas outfit for EVERY match, but not worn specifically.;)

PS: Where is my merit bar?

Nuffie
19th December 2011, 09:32 PM
Adidas hat, adidas shirt, adidas shoes, adidas jocks, adidas socks, but some other brand of shorts. We were SHOCKED!What happened Fit, I'm shocked? Didn't all your pairs of shorts with 3 stripes quite make it out of the ironing basket,lol? Or wait, didn't the colours quite match up?

Shadesy
20th December 2011, 09:11 AM
Well played Fit! Bad luck Veeman!

Seems like I missed all this! I'll read the thread now!

TourFit
20th December 2011, 11:05 AM
Well played Fit! Bad luck Veeman!

Seems like I missed all this! I'll read the thread now!

Nuffie v2.0?

adlo
20th December 2011, 11:13 AM
Tourfit, keen for that merit bar I see?

You do realise you cant eat it? Patience.

TourFit
20th December 2011, 11:17 AM
Tourfit, keen for that merit bar I see?

You do realise you cant eat it? Patience.

I'm keen only because it's a bar with ZERO calories!!!

MegaWatty
20th December 2011, 12:08 PM
What clubs did you win with?

rubin
20th December 2011, 12:14 PM
I'm keen only because it's a bar with ZERO calories!!!

since when do u count calories?

TourFit
20th December 2011, 07:21 PM
What clubs did you win with?

Mine...

...oh, and an Anser Redwood!

Veefore
20th December 2011, 07:58 PM
Mine...

...oh, and an Anser Redwood!

And they were nice clubs too. I should have had a hit with one while I was there. :)

Pieface
20th December 2011, 10:14 PM
They say you always prefer the smell of your own brand TF!

Shadesy
20th December 2011, 10:38 PM
Nuffie v2.0?

Huh?

It was under the 5 paragraph limit!?

TourFit
21st December 2011, 11:28 AM
But he misses stuff too...

...although admittedly it's even AFTER he reads it!

Courty
22nd December 2011, 07:00 PM
PS: Where is my merit bar?

Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/FsrgD.jpg

;)

Jarro
22nd December 2011, 07:01 PM
Here you go:

;)

:lol:

I luv it

:lol:

rubin
22nd December 2011, 07:10 PM
here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/fsrgd.jpg

;)

awesome!!!!!!!!

Veefore
22nd December 2011, 07:46 PM
Nice one Courty. But you'll have them all wanting one just like it!

Courty
22nd December 2011, 07:52 PM
Nice one Courty. But you'll have them all wanting one just like it!

No problem, it's suitable for all WA OZgolfers. 8)

mike
22nd December 2011, 09:06 PM
Now that's funny.

Johnny Canuck
22nd December 2011, 09:25 PM
Awesome. Can you add it to his sig for him?

TourFit
22nd December 2011, 09:35 PM
Fixed.

:mrgreen:

Pieface
22nd December 2011, 10:17 PM
Here you go:

;)

Ca we have one

Some Wanker | Didn't win anything

:)

Cosmopolite
23rd December 2011, 10:35 AM
I want one to say first WAnker to attend champs. still waiting

TourFit
23rd December 2011, 11:48 AM
Maybe... 1st & Last WAnker To Attend Champs!