PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Slight change of plans. Anyone available Sunday 27th arvo, Monday 28th morning?

LeftyHoges
21st November 2011, 03:30 PM
OK, so assuming we win our basketball semi-final tonight (which we should) my trip has become an over-nighter and can include a game from approx 12.30pm onwards on Sunday 27th and a mid-morning game (approx 10.00am) on Monday the 28th. I would basically have to be leaving the city around 3.00PM to make it back for the bball grand final @ 8.00PM but won't be able to play too early as I'll be picking up my GF's new car early in the morning.

Bearing in mind if you play with me you will have to put up with a 2-handicapper who is in the midst of some swing changes and currently playing like a 15 handicapper, so some foul language may occur. Plus I'm also sporting a pretty bad Mo' at the moment so you'd have to stare at my ugly mug for 4+ hours (not that its any better without the Mo'). Let me know if anyone is available!!! :)

Preferences for courses would be East or North of the city, South-East if its not too far of a hike. If no-one is available on Mon morn can anyone suggest a course within 20-30 mins of Preston that plays comps on a Monday?
Cheers
LH

LeftyHoges
21st November 2011, 08:47 PM
Yep, we won tonight so all times are confirmed.

LeftyHoges
22nd November 2011, 09:02 PM
Rightio, we have things lined up.

Game 1 is at Yarra Bend golf club. 8:00AM Monday 28th. Green Fees of $29.

1. Jack
2. LeftyHoges

Get your spot now before they fill up! :-)

kev
22nd November 2011, 10:22 PM
1. Jack
2. LeftyHoges
3. Kev - I need a mental health day...

LeftyHoges
23rd November 2011, 09:32 AM
Good stuff Kev! Glad you could join us.

Sorry forgot to mention green fees are an outrageous $29. Not bad for one of the premium public courses in Melbourne.

Also, unfortunately, I wont be able to stick around long after the game as I'll need to get to Richmond, then Oakleigh to pick up the GF's new car. Plan is that I'll need to be leaving the course no later than 1:00. Hope this doesn't put you off / out too much guys. Would have loved to have stuck around for a beer or two (hopefully there's time for that anyway) but I'm on a tightish schedule. It does look like I'll be coming to Melb quite a few times in the next six months though so there should be plenty of chances to catch up for games.

Webster
23rd November 2011, 10:07 AM
Lefty, if you need a lift from YB to Richmond, that's fine as that's where I'm headed to work afterwards.

LeftyHoges
23rd November 2011, 10:18 AM
Jack, that would be a HUGE help, but I don't want to put you out. I'm heading to Bridge Rd, is that anywhere near where you're going?

Webster
23rd November 2011, 10:20 AM
Lefty, thats right on my flight path. No problem at all.

LeftyHoges
23rd November 2011, 11:01 AM
Lefty, thats right on my flight path. No problem at all.

Thanks mate, you're an absolute champion!

How many do we need to make it an official OzGolf day?

Webster
23rd November 2011, 11:17 AM
How many do we need to make it an official OzGolf day?

outside of QLD, 2.

mint
23rd November 2011, 09:39 PM
is there still a spot left boys ?

Webster
23rd November 2011, 09:44 PM
Last spot is yours if you want it minty

mint
23rd November 2011, 09:47 PM
any chance to have a walk and a chin wag with you mate. count me in.

LeftyHoges
24th November 2011, 03:31 PM
Beauty boys, definitely an official OzGolf event then. As this years POTY is done can we add this to 2012??? :wink: :lol:

Really looking forward to this gents! I just hope I hit the thing even 50% better than what I did last Saturday! :smt087

mint
24th November 2011, 07:54 PM
dont stress lefty we will just heckle you until you smart flushing them!! haha that is after you pay out on me for my grip for the first few holes as seems to be the norm with anyone I play with :)

LeftyHoges
24th November 2011, 08:16 PM
dont stress lefty we will just heckle you until you smart flushing them!! haha that is after you pay out on me for my grip for the first few holes as seems to be the norm with anyone I play with :) I'm REALLY curious to see it in action. When I was a junior I used to play with a kid who did the same. I think the best cap he got to was 26, so anything lower than that is an improvement. :-)

Webster
24th November 2011, 08:41 PM
It's like watching Edward Scissorhands trying to put a franger on.

LeftyHoges
24th November 2011, 08:44 PM
It's like watching Edward Scissorhands trying to put a franger on. I laughed.

A lot!

kev
24th November 2011, 08:45 PM
Only one word to describe it mint - ****ed., sorry make that two words - totally ****ed. ;)

mint
25th November 2011, 07:03 AM
hahaha jack that is the best analogy I have heard I will take it as a compliment! :)

KEV the funnies part about that is I was at a Titleist fitting day yesterday and the fitting bloke said the EXACT same thing..

Lefty that kid obviously didn't try hard enough to pull the piss out of every swing coach he has come across like I did ..I am down to 3 :)

Webster
28th November 2011, 09:00 AM
Kev and Jack 2 up on Lefty and Mint after 9

LarryLong
28th November 2011, 10:23 AM
Sounds like vindication for people who hold the club the right way!

Webster
28th November 2011, 10:33 AM
4/3 win to Jack and Kev. Quality golf all round.

kev
28th November 2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks guys for some great company. Not a bad little course really.

Webster
28th November 2011, 12:30 PM
It's surprisignly good Kev for an honest public track. Can't argue with the $29 midweek green fee.

How about those flying foxes? Bizarre.....

LarryLong
28th November 2011, 01:00 PM
How would you describe the impact of the changes? I used to enjoy the odd game there when I was working in Melbourne, but I have heard that they were planning on making the course too short so that they could fit in all the practice facilities.

Webster
28th November 2011, 01:04 PM
Changes are minimal from what I could see (and remember from my last hit there about 10 yrs ago). New par 3 10th hole replaces the old par 4 first, and the second is lengthened to a par 5 from a par 4. There may have been some other tees changed as well.

kev
28th November 2011, 04:42 PM
Quote from the score card "The Flying-foxes will not interfere with your game so do not disturb them and keep noise levels to a minimum"

WTF?

kev
28th November 2011, 05:00 PM
14587 14588 14589 14590

Jack, Lefty, mint, and Jack putting for eagle (I think it was) after a monster drive.

mint
28th November 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for today gents it was as jack said "A great start to the week"... Sorry to be the last one to jump on after todays round I just left our mate the old feather hats house after he offered me some candy in the car park..
funny I cant remember much else! :P

kev
28th November 2011, 05:10 PM
Very good mint!

Webster
28th November 2011, 05:13 PM
Jack putting for eagle

Pushed the ****er!

Here's Lefty and the bats:

LarryLong
28th November 2011, 07:22 PM
Very stylish pair of powder blue strides there Lefty!

LeftyHoges
28th November 2011, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, just got home about an hour ago, played the basketball final and won 40-32, scored 19 points and pulled down would've had to have been around 10 or so rebounds. Absolutely knackered now though, big day!

Just wanted to say a super big thanks to all you guys for making me feel very welcome and for the effort to come and play today. Really appreciate it guys and wouldn't hesitate for a second to play with you again. Imagine how good our scores could have been if half the holes weren't caved in! Or was I the only one that noticed that?

Anyhow thanks again fellas and hopefully get to hook up for another game soon!

Very stylish pair of powder blue strides there Lefty!

You know what they say Larry. If you don't know what you're doing at least look like you do!

Thanks for today gents it was as jack said "A great start to the week"... Sorry to be the last one to jump on after todays round I just left our mate the old feather hats house after he offered me some candy in the car park..
funny I cant remember much else! :P

Gold Mint! Absolute gold!

Kev and Jack 2 up on Lefty and Mint after 9

Despite shooting 36 and Mint playing some good holes. I don't think we could trust the scorekeepers!

4/3 win to Jack and Kev. Quality golf all round.

After a 37. Definitely can't trust these scorekeepers. Pretty sure something was rigged here. Probably Jacks handicap actually. Bloody 4 my arse! ;-)

Pushed the ****er!

Here's Lefty and the bats:

Can I blame them for the horrendously bad 3 putt for par there. Pretty sure I got both the first two putts caught in my labia.

Webster
29th November 2011, 07:13 AM
Well done on the bball win Lefty.

Kev and I just combined too well for you and Minty - those 4 pointers are hard to beat!

PS I'd be off 5 if it wasn't for the golflink "anchor".